Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,017 comments
Use Real Head Motion... this is why I have problems in RF2, the lock to horizon functions doesn't work too well and RHM no longer works in that game. I've not played with Neck FX in CM so I don't know if it works as well.

You must sign up for website to access page:
This.

Sometimes my RHM is not launching properly with AC (or ACC) and it's back to the old "cockpit fixed, everything else moves" status for a few laps (until I restart) - and my head just aches after only a couple of laps. I have no idea how I was able to drive in that view for years!

HELP!

Anyone out here that would like to make CAMS for 2 W.I.P. tracks I am about to release?
Crystal Palace 1967
Ring Djursland 2006

Send me p.m. please.
Woah! I'm no cams expert (I'm planning to take this first tentative step to AC track modding, having modded many tracks for GP4 back in the day - I watched good cam tutorials for AC etc. - but I can't commit yet), but I'd love a good quality Crystal Palace for AC!

Is it the same mesh as the existing (very) old rF1 conversion, but with updated visuals? (I mean the mesh itself felt good.)

That same mesh was updated with better visuals for rF2 as well a few years ago, and Crystal Palace looked great after that.

Would be great to see a similarly high-quality version for AC as well.

Last edited:
Can anyone explain why this is and how to fix it?

Sharp shadows (red) follow the car about 1m in front, while very blur (blue) display for everything else
Screenshot_ac_legends_gtc_porsche_904_rmi_dirt3_michiganrally_20-12-121-10-33-6.jpg

it's super annoying (clip planes seem to not affect this)

Do you have an Nvidia card? I don't see anything about GPU scaling anywhere in the Control Panel.
Just a quick one, if you try DSR as well in NCP.
If you have rfactor 1, use highest resolution in game.....
Works wonders.
Same goes for the old simbin classics as well.

FWIW outside of the sun direction the RT Sebring had been pretty good. I tried a few GTE cars and the VRC P1 cars also the IER Acura and all were perfectly suited, most of my old setups aren't that far off outside of maybe a bit more ride height. Maybe between the bumps or something else I am about 2 sec off the Sebring I used before.

Woah! I'm no cams expert (I'm planning to take this first tentative step to AC track modding, having modded many tracks for GP4 back in the day - I watched good cam tutorials for AC etc. - but I can't commit yet), but I'd love a good quality Crystal Palace for AC!

Is it the same mesh as the existing (very) old rF1 conversion, but with updated visuals? (I mean the mesh itself felt good.)

That same mesh was updated with better visuals for rF2 as well a few years ago, and Crystal Palace looked great after that.

Would be great to see a similarly high-quality version for AC as well.
Its the rF2 version.

I strongly DISAGREE. I always use RHM to stabilize the horizon and there is absolutely no problem with the bumps on Sebring.
it can only mean that either you have RHM not installed properly or/and your setup is wrong.
I'll take advantage of the subject on hand here and ask something I've wondered for a long time: what's best between RHM and NeckFX?

Are there "setup" files one can look and try out? There's so many settings it'd take ages to reach something desirable.

I'll take advantage of the subject on hand here and ask something I've wondered for a long time: what's best between RHM and NeckFX?

Are there "setup" files one can look and try out? There's so many settings it'd take ages to reach something desirable.
I started using RHM because I can’t stand a moving horizon which triggers motion sickness. I can’t drive in VR for the same reason. The car can bump and jump at will, no issue there, but I need a stable horizon… like IRL.
The settings in RHM are rather limited and it’s easy to find the sweet spot.
Can’t say much about NeckFX. I tried it when it appeared, but reverted back to RHM after a few laps.

I feel weird having the horizon lock enabled in Dirt Rally 2.0 in VR. I feel like that feels way worse for motion sickness standpoint. I have not as much issue in AC but I also keep that effect low in the neckfx adjustment...

Hi guys, I'm new here and I'm looking for a developer who knows how to convert Mod's, especially Cars and Tracks, preferably who prioritizes the maximum graphic quality possible and also who does things as a hobby because I have a lot of content to produce and they will be magnificent for the GT Planet community. Could anyone here refer me to someone of that level? Thank you very much in advance.

Hi guys, I'm new here and I'm looking for a developer who knows how to convert Mod's, especially Cars and Tracks, preferably who prioritizes the maximum graphic quality possible and also who does things as a hobby because I have a lot of content to produce and they will be magnificent for the GT Planet community. Could anyone here refer me to someone of that level? Thank you very much in advance.
Myself, @shi, @__EASY__ , @Zwiss and many others do tracks... others cars. I think it will depend on what genre and the type/quality of the source.

Welcome to GTP

Use Real Head Motion... this is why I have problems in RF2, the lock to horizon functions doesn't work too well and RHM no longer works in that game. I've not played with Neck FX in CM so I don't know if it works as well.

You must sign up for website to access page:
Thank you! Activated NeckFX and it feels a way more precise on bumpy roads like the Nordscheife. But Sebring is still shaking as hell ;) Here are my settings if somebody will try it. Again thanks :cheers:
Screenshot 2021-12-20 214030.jpg

Last edited:
HAVING not means automatically you CAN (remember that you always, or almost, need the ok of the owner to convert something). Anyway here you will find a lot of competent person who can help you if you need help or you have question.

Welcome to :gtpflag:

I started using RHM because I can’t stand a moving horizon which triggers motion sickness. I can’t drive in VR for the same reason. The car can bump and jump at will, no issue there, but I need a stable horizon… like IRL.
The settings in RHM are rather limited and it’s easy to find the sweet spot.
Can’t say much about NeckFX. I tried it when it appeared, but reverted back to RHM after a few laps.
Hey Fana, RHM works in VR in AC as well. I can't live without it!

HAVING not means automatically you CAN (remember that you always, or almost, need the ok of the owner to convert something). Anyway here you will find a lot of competent person who can help you if you need help or you have question.

Welcome to :gtpflag:
That is simply not true though.
EASY doesn't ask for permission.
Just chucks out stuff hand over fist without a care in the world.
(personally i dont have an issue with not asking permission for stuff that has already been taken from another developers work anyway, without any permission)

Anyone got this warning error and knows a fix for it?

1640034850533.png

I am sure I installed all driver models and even Fanapryde once, provided me his content.
This is happening with maybe 6 cars, old and recent mods.

Thanks for the help.

That is simply not true though.
EASY doesn't ask for permission.
Just chucks out stuff hand over fist without a care in the world.
(personally i dont have an issue with not asking permission for stuff that has already been taken from another developers work anyway, without any permission)
My example was different than your point:

If (for example which is not real) LilSki Road America was made from scratch only for rF2, you need to ask his permission to convert it to AC. Of course anyone can do whatever he want, breaks laws and so on "without any problem", but if you want to be honest, respect laws and do things how they have to be done, asking permission is the first step to do.

Sometimes it happens, and most of the time is not the one pointed the problem. On which track or car you have it?
The tracks I can't remember, what I can say is that I tested with Kunos and mod tracks without success.

Cars are:

• Fiat 128 SIL1300
  • Fiat Uno Way
  • Volkswagen Gol GTI

These are what I remember for now.

The tracks I can't remember, what I can say is that I tested with Kunos and mod tracks without success.

Cars are:

• Fiat 128 SIL1300
  • Fiat Uno Way
  • Volkswagen Gol GTI

These are what I remember for now.
it always happen? Did you tried to change car/track, load, exit, and try with the one with the problem?
Did you tried to close CM and try again?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back