Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

  • Thread starter Thread starter daan
  • 157,731 comments
  • 51,826,688 views
Does anyone have a link to GTSupreme's Ordos circuit? The site's asking me to log in but that doesn't even work. It just redirects me to a page with the word "REGISTER" on it, a sharing widget, and nothing else. (I've tried in two different browsers without AdBlock.)
 
Can you call the Hitman off now? It's only a year late but we're almost done!





To be fair, I have been buy with other stuff too.




I know you can never say this sort of thing with a bad case of AC mod addiction, but I do believe when this 60s Sebring, the Castle Combe being worked on by the guy who made the excellent Thruxton, and Zwiss’s Crystal Palace are released, my desired track collection will be complete. Always happy to be surprised by things like Bryar though.
 
Last edited:
I don´t know if it´s just for me but all cars except the Mercedes powered ones have no sound.

As you said, the rear end of the cars are a little bit on the lighter side but still fun to drive!
I know I missed to change the lotus and hrt sound but the sound engine for the other cars works. People confirmed it.

Check the SFX folder if the sound bank is correctly named and that the GUID.txt looks correct
 
Hi All,

I am looking for a solution to adjust some mod cars headlights which are blinding bright. If anyone have an idea I really appreciate the help.

Thanks in Advance
This app can modify the car's and track's lights:


Yes, I put it into the extension config and it works like a charm.

Since I couldn't find anything, here are my basic rainfx for Montreal:

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = groove, ROADA, RDABD, RDILCS, ROADB, CONCPITS,
SOAKING_MATERIALS = groove, ROADA, RDABD, RDILCS, ROADB, CONCPITS,
SMOOTH_MATERIALS =
ROUGH_MATERIALS =
LINES_MATERIALS =
@Cozy61 once taught me that grooves should not be listed in puddles/soaking. So here's my config but let's see what @CrisT86 comes up with:
INI:
[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = ROAD?, CONCPITS, RDILCS, CMWALLA, RDABD, ROWING_GSTANDS_?
SOAKING_MATERIALS = ROAD?, CONCPITS, RDILCS, CMWALLA, RDABD, CONILRED, RMBFGA, RMBLA, TWALLL, TENTROOF, TENTWAL, FOOTBRIDGEA, RMBLG, RUNOFFG, FOOTBRIDGEC, ROWING_GSTANDS_?, CONCWHITE, CONCBEIGE
SMOOTH_MATERIALS =
ROUGH_MATERIALS = GRASS?, PAVGSTAND, TREES?, CRETEG
LINES_MATERIALS = ROADLINE

[GRASS_FX]
GRASS_MATERIALS = GRASSA
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS = ROAD?, CONILRED, ROADLINE
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS_ALPHA = ROADVERGE
ORIGINAL_GRASS_MATERIALS = GRASSBLADE

TEXTURE =  grass_fx/highlands.dds   ; located next to config file; if not found there, patch would look in its textures folder
TEXTURE_GRID = 8, 3                 ; columns and rows

MASK_MAIN_THRESHOLD = 0.2  ; how saturated (with green) should the surface be (not real saturation, could be more than 1)
MASK_RED_THRESHOLD = 0.05  ; offsets target color from green to yellow and red, if set high enough
MASK_MIN_LUMINANCE = 0.02  ; minimum luminance to spawn grass on
MASK_MAX_LUMINANCE = 0.35  ; maximum luminance

SHAPE_SIZE = 1.0   ; general size
SHAPE_TIDY = 0.0   ; how tidy grass is (untidy grass in uneven, tilted more)
SHAPE_CUT = 0.0    ; how cut grass is
SHAPE_WIDTH = 1.0  ; grass width relative to its height

Does anyone know of an existing track that has a digital leaderboard that displays the running order with the car's number, not driver initials? RMi suggested Charlotte a few pages back, but that displays name\initials, not number. I need to see how you write the .lua for the car number.

Thanks...
VRC Alabama?
1655315258888.png
 
Last edited:
Hello !

New skinpack alert !

Untitled-1.jpg


Here is the link :
(don't forget to read the end too, it might be needed)

Annnd enjoy !
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_porsche_911_camel_turbo_summit_point_raceway_12-5-122-17-9-24.jpg
    Screenshot_porsche_911_camel_turbo_summit_point_raceway_12-5-122-17-9-24.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_porsche_911_camel_turbo_summit_point_raceway_12-5-122-17-10-17.jpg
    Screenshot_porsche_911_camel_turbo_summit_point_raceway_12-5-122-17-10-17.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_porsche_911_camel_turbo_summit_point_raceway_12-5-122-17-11-3.jpg
    Screenshot_porsche_911_camel_turbo_summit_point_raceway_12-5-122-17-11-3.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 29
Canada 2021 (i.e. the ACU Codemasters version) might look prettier, but the Montreal track by Terra21 (Automobilista conversion) is without a doubt the much more accurate track! Drive both versions, compare both to real onboard videos (speed, steering input, pause at tight sections) and then you will notice how hilariously bad and inaccurate the Codemasters track is (but that's nothing new unfortunately).

You can find the biggest differences from turns 3 to 9 (basically the whole back straight section) and in the final chicane (13 and 14).
Terra's version just feels right, the chicanes are tight and the track itself is pretty narrow (just like in real life).
The Codemasters version is too wide in general and this also means that the corners/chicanes are too wide as well.

Track too wide => corners aren't tight enough => you need to brake and steer less compared to real ife => unrealistic speeds in certain corners/chicanes.

I was talking to @Pyyer about this in September 2021 and he completely agreed with me, the Terra21 version is the better and more accurate track.

I really, really hope that Pyyer is using the Terra version as the base for his next extension update.
This is the perfect opportunity to finally get rid of another inaccurate Codemasters track!
Another texture update won't make the ACU version any more accurate.
Using the time to visually improve the Automobilista / Terra21 version would be a much better choice.
I think the majority of the community isn't even aware that there's a much better Montreal version out there!

a much needed visual update for the Terra21 one and we have an amazing version compared to ACU's one. Might do a quick texture revamp myself if needed. Also, wanna change those ugly walls changing sponsors every sec

And here we go again, still another evolution from the "marc_13000+ACU" conversion. Why does no one work on the terra21 instead?

@Pyyer which Canada track will you use for your extension?
And the answer is..........
🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁

Terra 21 version ! 😉
 
Yes ! Long overdue in AC. It's funny that one of the most... Bizarre car wasn't ported to AC before. Guess people wanted their 6557th 911 or M3 mod over it lol
I gues t
hey LOVE their BMW Ms or Audi rs's and amg's
 
Last edited:
Hello !

New skinpack alert !

View attachment 1161296

Here is the link :
(don't forget to read the end too, it might be needed)

Annnd enjoy !
You could drop this ext_config.ini into each skin folder or the car's extension folder to apply the Kunos shader values globally instead of manipulating the kn5 via CM showroom. This will obviously only work in the new showroom and on track though...
 

Attachments

Last edited:


@Cozy61 once taught me that grooves should not be listed in puddles/soaking. So here's my config but let's see what @CrisT86 comes up with:
INI:
[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = ROAD?, CONCPITS, RDILCS, CMWALLA, RDABD, ROWING_GSTANDS_?
SOAKING_MATERIALS = ROAD?, CONCPITS, RDILCS, CMWALLA, RDABD, CONILRED, RMBFGA, RMBLA, TWALLL, TENTROOF, TENTWAL, FOOTBRIDGEA, RMBLG, RUNOFFG, FOOTBRIDGEC, ROWING_GSTANDS_?, CONCWHITE, CONCBEIGE
SMOOTH_MATERIALS =
ROUGH_MATERIALS = GRASS?, PAVGSTAND, TREES?, CRETEG
LINES_MATERIALS = ROADLINE

[GRASS_FX]
GRASS_MATERIALS = GRASSA
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS = ROAD?, CONILRED, ROADLINE
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS_ALPHA = ROADVERGE
ORIGINAL_GRASS_MATERIALS = GRASSBLADE

TEXTURE =  grass_fx/highlands.dds   ; located next to config file; if not found there, patch would look in its textures folder
TEXTURE_GRID = 8, 3                 ; columns and rows

MASK_MAIN_THRESHOLD = 0.2  ; how saturated (with green) should the surface be (not real saturation, could be more than 1)
MASK_RED_THRESHOLD = 0.05  ; offsets target color from green to yellow and red, if set high enough
MASK_MIN_LUMINANCE = 0.02  ; minimum luminance to spawn grass on
MASK_MAX_LUMINANCE = 0.35  ; maximum luminance

SHAPE_SIZE = 1.0   ; general size
SHAPE_TIDY = 0.0   ; how tidy grass is (untidy grass in uneven, tilted more)
SHAPE_CUT = 0.0    ; how cut grass is
SHAPE_WIDTH = 1.0  ; grass width relative to its height
Thank you for sharing, I also hope that @CrisT86 will find the time, the nightlights are not so great at the track at the moment.
Your grassfx settings got rid of those stupid yellow flowers that were growing on my lawn next to the racetrack :-)
 
Thank you for sharing, I also hope that @CrisT86 will find the time, the nightlights are not so great at the track at the moment.
Your grassfx settings got rid of those stupid yellow flowers that were growing on my lawn next to the racetrack :-)
It's the Canada updated last year by Marc_13000?
 
has anyone got lods generator working. my workaround isnt working anymore and i keep getting unathorised when trying to get a free licence.
 
has anyone got lods generator working. my workaround isnt working anymore and i keep getting unathorised when trying to get a free licence.
Yeah, I borked my installation several weeks ago while trying to get it to work. Reinstalled and now can't get a free licence either.
Please let me know if you find a solution - it's a very useful tool while modders continue to release LOD-free mods.
 
To be fair, I have been buy with other stuff too.


Area 27!!! And so well-made too! I love the the look of the surrounding area. It's a special kind of barren. I like how you captured that. Very reminiscent of the videos I've seen of the place. Nice little details like dirt/gravel sometimes where the track surface meets the grass area (or behind some of the kerbs) and how the dryness of the grass varies in places are much appreciated. This is shaping up nicely!
 
Yeah, I borked my installation several weeks ago while trying to get it to work. Reinstalled and now can't get a free licence either.
Please let me know if you find a solution - it's a very useful tool while modders continue to release LOD-free mods.
I just updated from 9.1.29600.0 to 9.2.9300.0 by extracting the new SDK archive somewhere and pointing CM to the new SimplygonBatch.exe. My license is still valid until 2025, and LOD generation works for me.

1655321710672.png
I don't know if removing %localAppData%\Microsoft\SimplygonSDK\Simplygon_license.dat and/or C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\SimplygonSDK\Simplygon_license.dat might help getting a fresh license...
 
Hi, I have AMD FidelityFX turned on. However im getting these strainge lines alll over the track. I've turned It off and ithe lines are removed, however i'd rather have it on than off.
View attachment 1160656
Any clues? It's just when I run AMD FidelityFX. The track is Road America, however, it's constant but easier to show it with this image. I looked it up and it said turn V-sync on however it's the same still.
 
Thanks, that was quick. After a year and half away from simracing, I can't be bothered to make skins right now. Having enough trouble catching up with all the mods that came out in the meantime.
I hope to ask you to share the template as well is not asking too much.
what template? I used CM Showroom to export the DDS files, and altered them a bit with GIMP...
You can use the files in each skin folder as "template" to work out some extra skins (esp.take paint_map.dds over in new skin folders else there is this defect in the paint, and you can then easily create a diff color car by putting "metal_detail_body.dds" with another color. You can take decals_d.dds as template for the decals and in photoshop or GIMP change the car number.
 
Can you call the Hitman off now? It's only a year late but we're almost done!





To be fair, I have been buy with other stuff too.





Iam a patreon of yours so i got the sebring early haha

But thanks so much!
Track is fantastic
 
This app can modify the car's and track's lights:



@Cozy61 once taught me that grooves should not be listed in puddles/soaking. So here's my config but let's see what @CrisT86 comes up with:
INI:
[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = ROAD?, CONCPITS, RDILCS, CMWALLA, RDABD, ROWING_GSTANDS_?
SOAKING_MATERIALS = ROAD?, CONCPITS, RDILCS, CMWALLA, RDABD, CONILRED, RMBFGA, RMBLA, TWALLL, TENTROOF, TENTWAL, FOOTBRIDGEA, RMBLG, RUNOFFG, FOOTBRIDGEC, ROWING_GSTANDS_?, CONCWHITE, CONCBEIGE
SMOOTH_MATERIALS =
ROUGH_MATERIALS = GRASS?, PAVGSTAND, TREES?, CRETEG
LINES_MATERIALS = ROADLINE

[GRASS_FX]
GRASS_MATERIALS = GRASSA
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS = ROAD?, CONILRED, ROADLINE
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS_ALPHA = ROADVERGE
ORIGINAL_GRASS_MATERIALS = GRASSBLADE

TEXTURE =  grass_fx/highlands.dds   ; located next to config file; if not found there, patch would look in its textures folder
TEXTURE_GRID = 8, 3                 ; columns and rows

MASK_MAIN_THRESHOLD = 0.2  ; how saturated (with green) should the surface be (not real saturation, could be more than 1)
MASK_RED_THRESHOLD = 0.05  ; offsets target color from green to yellow and red, if set high enough
MASK_MIN_LUMINANCE = 0.02  ; minimum luminance to spawn grass on
MASK_MAX_LUMINANCE = 0.35  ; maximum luminance

SHAPE_SIZE = 1.0   ; general size
SHAPE_TIDY = 0.0   ; how tidy grass is (untidy grass in uneven, tilted more)
SHAPE_CUT = 0.0    ; how cut grass is
SHAPE_WIDTH = 1.0  ; grass width relative to its height


VRC Alabama?
View attachment 1161292
Are thise parameters for terra21 montreal?
 
I just updated from 9.1.29600.0 to 9.2.9300.0 by extracting the new SDK archive somewhere and pointing CM to the new SimplygonBatch.exe. My license is still valid until 2025, and LOD generation works for me.

View attachment 1161323
I don't know if removing %localAppData%\Microsoft\SimplygonSDK\Simplygon_license.dat and/or C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\SimplygonSDK\Simplygon_license.dat might help getting a fresh license...
Thanks - I shall try! :)
edit: Bah! Both are already empty.
Thanks for the suggestion anyway.
 
Last edited:
Nissan GT-R NISMO GT1 (R35) Pack

Last mod for a long time.. I'm really sorry.. :guilty:

It's just a Rework of my old mod with :

New skins
AO
2009 to 2011 spec (spoiler and splitters)
Endurance added (Special lights worked)

Thanks for your support !

View attachment 1161320
Thank you for this. And thank you for all the amazing mods you've put out there fantastic. I hope all is well.
 
Lime Rock Mountain

CSP is required


This started as a request by @SGETI to upgrade the trees and grass and I quickly realized it was a perfect opportunity to try and learn how to do some new things. The track was already complete, it just needed some modernization. Please don't expect much. I am not a track maker or a 3D model maker. There are plenty of mistakes that I don't have the know how to fix right now so go easy on me. Texture tears, misaligned textures, etc. None of the problems are game changers though so I think the track is in a good enough state for people to enjoy until I figure things out. For now, I need a break. Don't know how these track making guys keep pumping out great tracks without getting burnt out.

All credit for everything on this track goes to the work of other people who are listed. I simply put everything together. If you want to give me credit for anything, I guess you could say the trees and grass textures are my doing along with a couple of minor objects.

Original Track by Legion, updated with permission
AI by @sab001
Rainfx by @twobegreen
Cams by @DaBaeda
3D objects by the Reboot Team. If they request, I will gladly pull the track for using their objects.
Thanks to @RMi_wood , @pugsang , @flyingsaucer , @norms , @gunnar333 and @Mike08 for answering my stupid questions over at @Breathe discord channel.
Thanks to @skupz0009 , @SGETI , @sab001 and @andrevr for testing the track and input on improvements.
Special thanks to @gunnar333 for the help with the digital leaderboard and letting me use his flag light object from Sachsenring as well as @sab001 for the new AI.

Changes:
-- Road, Tree and Grass texture changes.
-- Changed material assignments for concrete runoff areas to react like road, not gravel. Not sure what they were supposed to be, but they had road textures assigned to them so I gave them road physics.
-- Added lights and light poles around the track for night racing.
-- Added collision physics to light poles, walls and fences that did not have them.
-- Higher quality billboard textures.
-- Added missing shadows on some objects.
-- Proper water material assignments.
-- Added grassfx and lightingfx.
-- Added seasonal adjustment changes.
-- Realignment of some tree objects to get them off the rails and fences.
-- Added tree objects to the left of the front stretch to hide the dead space. Can still see if you use a high angle camera.
-- Added treewalls to try and hide some distant terrain issues.
-- Start-Finish and Flag Lights.
-- Some terrain holes repaired mostly in the highly visible areas. Lots of other ones if you look around hard enough.
-- Fixed some object flickering. Still working on a few other ones.
-- Simple track .vao patch. Probably needs a better one done by someone who knows what they are doing.
-- New trackside objects from Reboot Team's Lime Rock Park.
-- New AI lines by @sab001 .
-- Rainfx by @twobegreen .
-- Track cams by @DaBaeda and two edited @DaBaeda cams with different positions.

Things I hope to fix\accomplish:
-- Better seemless blend between road and grass edges.
-- Figure out why I have grass spawning on the road edges.
-- Fix remaining holes in terrain on non-drivable areas.
-- Fix misaligned road texture in a few spots.
-- Improved road mesh

Lime Rock Mountain v1.04
 
Last edited:
I assume Diego is aware of Pyyer's recent releases, but he was probably expecting to see some WIP shots for the upcoming Canada race. I know it has become a habit to expect an update from Pyyer before each race, but we should all be aware that he does all this in his spare time and that he has no obligation to do so. I have been to France more than once during the summer and there are dozens of things I would rather be doing than sitting in my man cave placing virtual bridges, TecPro barriers or banners on a virtual race track.

this.

i was refering to baku .. i know he released it on his patreon. but normally he would release stuff after the GP
so my thought was if he was going to only release his work on patreon going forward or if he will still be uploading to RD.

I think he was busy at La Sarthe circuit gaining some RL footage and impressions over the weekend and he just took some rest. Give him time, he will be back soon.
Thanks a lot for the comprehension 👍
I was indeed in Le Mans for the weekend so everything was delayed and a bit of tiredness coming home (typical with two consecutive f1 weekends and those who have already been to Le Mans will surely know what I mean 😅)

Working hard on Montreal extension now, schedule will probably be the same as last weekend : early access release on patreon then release a few days later on RD

Here's some teasing of WIP! 😉

Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_x_evo_honda_montreal_15-5-122-23-3-17.jpg
 
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back