Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,993 comments
Thank you too for your kind words. By the way there is a optional file in the track folder (_extras) for even more bumps, if you like it tricky.
Nice work mate!

about track's revisions, can you fix Pergusa? Nice rebuild, but the curbs are too high in the mod, and the track was revised and resurfaced about two years ago. I leave you a couple of videos to give you an idea of what the curbs are, the times they do (around 1'34 "/ 1'35" in qualifying) and the pylons present in the apex of the curves.
Thanks again mate

You also see this at the track section, refusing to update for doing simple corrections, like shimmering, wrong brake marks on the tarmac or black lines above trees. Answer from these specific modders, even when other members are publishing the DIY corrections, “sorry I do not use CSP” or “sorry I do not use VR” blabla.

So my thanks, for all the guys who are doing the rework, corrections and/or enhancing the track, while being abandoned by the original modder.
I guess this is the area where a modder converts a track and is aware that in a week there will be 5 different shades of grass, lights rain etc.
So at what point do you just think "well someone will change it anyway so do the minimum to just get it in game".

Same with cars, why add wiper mod when it'll be done anyway? Or not good enough and changed anyway.
The tone towards people who get stuff into the game for people to fiddle with grass and whatnot should not be negative IMO.

Unless its been converted already by someone you'd not even have anything to fiddle with.

Then after all of that it comes down to personal preferences, if your into F1 you'll be over the moon to see and abundance of F1 cars littering the place, or the millionth 911 or early Le Mans cars etc.

At the end of the day track and car converters will do what they want and if you (royal 'you' not actually you) don't like it then learn to convert stuff yourself. I guess.

@the_stig_it

Hello,

Please, take it gently without any offense but You are aware that there is a huge gap between a barely "mainstream" simulation (vs professionnal simulation like used by a F1 team) and the real life.
For example, on Brands-Hatch with the Lotus Renault 98T Turbo, I beaten the hotlap time of Ayrton Senna... It's strictly impossible in real life and conditions.

1. I was much older than him and my whole capacities decreased yet,
2. I was driving barely relax in my flat, with my booty set properly in a gaming seat, driving with socks and not affected by G-Forces and bumps,
3. I never put a single foot on the Brands-Hatch track (and It's a regret because I Love it),
4. I just have a driving license,
5. I never participate on some real racing championships,
6. I will never able to push this car (wich I love so much !) to their limits,
7. I'm not even talented,
8. I will *ee and *hit on me at the first acceleration (if even I will able to start the car in the pits).

Last but not least and after have been reading a lot of clever thoughts about reality vs virtuality in racing simulation, They exist a huge list of parameters which make impossible to comparate the real and the virtual.

All we have and It's a lot and a tremendous luck, It's the capacity to get the possibility to live some illusions and get the thrill of the passion, driving cars virtually which were some of our dreams !
In my opinion, that is the most important thing.

I thank, each day, all the people involved in Assetto Corsa by passion, by talent, by kindness, by time without the intention to make some money for most of them, they are making our day a lot.

Cheers. ;)

Edit
Spelling corrections

Last edited:
But then that same mod would get posted up as a picture or a youtube video and then you get the grief that happened few days ago over that Japanese youtuber who showed his mods but with no link.

I don't disagree with you, other than telling people they can't upload mods is a bit unfair because most stuff is fixable and that is how we end up with a good finished product.
You get modders who get stuff into the game, then you have a side group who change stuff add stuff and that is what is so great.

Its a very bold statement basically telling people to keep stuff private.
It's not really a bold statement as I'm not telling anyone to do anything, not that they'd listen anyway. I just expressed a preference based on years of fatigue downloading half-assed, incomplete or broken mods.
Less quantity, more quality would be nice.
Yep, I know it's a pipe dream.

Last edited:
The ones I could find, posted most of these before, but maybe some reveals in here.
__custom_showroom_1660992928.png
__custom_showroom_1660992913.png
__custom_showroom_1660992890.png
__custom_showroom_1660992861.png
__custom_showroom_1660992824.png
__custom_showroom_1660992782.png
__custom_showroom_1660992725.png
__custom_showroom_1660992696.png
__custom_showroom_1660993375.png
__custom_showroom_1660993354.png

__custom_showroom_1660993539.png
__custom_showroom_1660993583.png
__custom_showroom_1660993600.png
__custom_showroom_1660993628.png
__custom_showroom_1660993682.png

__custom_showroom_1660993825.png
__custom_showroom_1660993848.png
__custom_showroom_1660993918.png

Last edited:
I guess this is the area where a modder converts a track and is aware that in a week there will be 5 different shades of grass, lights rain etc.
So at what point do you just think "well someone will change it anyway so do the minimum to just get it in game".
it has nothing to do with the converting, nor CSP & VR, like the brake marking case, was only an adjustment in a .INI file showed by an member, while the trackmaker was writing down I do not use CSP. :indiff: .
It's not really a bold statement as I'm not telling anyone to do anything, not that they'd listen anyway. I just expressed a preference based on years of fatigue downloading half-assed, incomplete or broken mods.
Less quantity, more quality would be nice.
Yep, I know it's a pipe dream.
Bad made or incomplete car mods can in most cases being used as opponents for single player use, while bad-made tracks you can only remove them from your SSD. But you are right about mods; less quantity, more quality, and keep improving by updates, please.
:gtpflag:

Last edited:
it has nothing to do with the converting, nor CSP & VR, like the brake marking case, was only an adjustment in a .INI file showed by an member, while the trackmaker was writing down I do not use CSP. :indiff: .

Bad made or incomplete car mods can in most cases being used as opponents for single player use, while bad-made tracks you can only remove them from your SSD. But you are right about mods; less quantity, more quality, and keep improving by updates, please.
It then depends what you use AC for, If quite rightly all you do is as was intended and race stuff then you'd want good mods out of the box.
For me and many others its now about fiddling and altering and modding and converting stuff.
Hence why i used to take god awful IMO drift mods and adapt them.
Or take a poor track and jazz it up a bit.
But yes if you just want to grab a car / track and put a race together then you'd have a totally different perspective from me on it, so we'll agree to disagree as we use AC at opposite ends of the spectrum.

For example I just binned off all ASR F1 and RSS F1 mods the other day, as i never touch them.
To many they are very sort after.

I do race when I can, but much of the time its just sat fiddling and now converting stuff.
For every drift car that gets released that i hate there are hundreds of happy people.
And visa versa for the stuff i like.

Circuito d'Italia v1.0

View attachment 1185089
View attachment 1185091
View attachment 1185090
A fictional track composed of parts of the most famous Italian tracks in one super circuit,
combining Mugello, Imola, Monza and Vallelunga into one great 'Circuit of Italy'

features:
  • CSP v1.76+ required (likely) rain, grass, all the things
  • 30 pit/grid with AI
  • a genuine 'al dente' feel

credits:

:: DOWNLOAD ::
Gave this a wheel. Spectacular job. Weirdest feeling, driving a track for the first time and yet still having flow and muscle memory of it. Cheers!

@the_stig_it

Hello,

Please, take it gently without any offense but You are aware that there is a huge gap between a barely "maintream" simulation (vs professionnal simulation like used by an F1 team) and the real life.
For example, on Brand-Hatch with the Lotus 98T Turbo, I beaten the hotlap time of Ayrton Senna... It's stricky impossible in real real life and conditions.

2. I was driving barely relax in my flat, with my booty set in a gaming seat, driving with socks and not annoyed by G-Forces,
3. I never put a single foot on the Brands-Hatch track (and It's a regret),
8. I will *ee and *hit on me at the first acceleration (if even I will able to start the car in the pits).

Last but not least and after have been reading a lot of clever thoughts about reality vs virtuality in racing simulation, They exist a huge list of parameters which make impossible to comparate the real and the virtual.

All we have and It's a lot and a luck, It's the capacity to get the possibility to live some illusions and get the thrill of the passion, driving virtually cars which were some dreams, in my opinion, that is the most important thing.

I thank, each day, all the people involved by passion, by talent, by kindness, by time without the intention to make some money for most of them, they are making our day a lot.

Cheers. ;)
Hi.

Clever and pertinent comment.
Can I splash your words, every time someone comes here to comment about cars/tracks lap times?

Thank you.

Same with cars, why add wiper mod when it'll be done anyway? Or not good enough and changed anyway.
The tone towards people who get stuff into the game for people to fiddle with grass and whatnot should not be negative IMO.

Unless its been converted already by someone you'd not even have anything to fiddle with.

Then after all of that it comes down to personal preferences, if your into F1 you'll be over the moon to see and abundance of F1 cars littering the place, or the millionth 911 or early Le Mans cars etc.

At the end of the day track and car converters will do what they want and if you (royal 'you' not actually you) don't like it then learn to convert stuff yourself. I guess.
Its always great fun when you just want to do laps/races, but then you need to adress a ton of issue to get the car running like the Kunos one, which take 1+hour in some case...
But yeah, do the least amount of work, others will add what they want to it...

Its always great fun when you just want to do laps/races, but then you need to adress a ton of issue to get the car running like the Kunos one, which take 1+hour in some case...
But yeah, do the least amount of work, others will add what they want to it...
That wasn't my point, the point was people will change it anyway, like Fat Alfie's tracks which are scratch made with care and love, still get changed.
So my point was if you know there will be 15 variations of grass within 24 hours, why make that a priority?
Without the people converting this stuff, which is far more 'work' than a track skin or config, you'd not have the tracks to fiddle with grass tones would you?
The initial response was to the guy who thanked the people who do track skins which isn't even close to the effort needed to convert a track.
There is utter hot garbage out there but i tend to keep my opinion to myself because more often than not 70% of why i don't like the mod will be because its not something I'm interested in, which is hardly the fault of the modder.

This also why my classic hot rod stuff will be released on uk oval discord, because if you don't like uk short oval racing you won't like my conversions.

Enna Pergusa will have a update in the near future. However not what your looking for. The curbs are original from the version that was made by SimBin in the 2000s for the 2003 track that it is.
I promise you that as soon as you release the Pergusa magazine mod, I will offer you at least one beer :cheers:

About the curbs, they were in the original configuration of SimBin but were not as high in reality (maximum three centimeters and not ten as they are at the moment 😅)

they are from my GTR2 conversion
Nice mod mate! Can I use it for a video comparison between yours and Legion's?
@the_stig_it

Hello,

Please, take it gently without any offense but You are aware that there is a huge gap between a barely "maintream" simulation (vs professionnal simulation like used by a F1 team) and the real life.
For example, on Brand-Hatch with the Lotus Renault 98T Turbo, I beaten the hotlap time of Ayrton Senna... It's strictly impossible in real life and conditions.

2. I was driving barely relax in my flat, with my booty set properly in a gaming seat, driving with socks and not affected by G-Forces and bumps,
3. I never put a single foot on the Brands-Hatch track (and It's a regret because I Love it),

All we have and It's a lot and a tremendous luck, It's the capacity to get the possibility to live some illusions and get the thrill of the passion, driving cars virtually which were some of our dreams !
In my opinion, that is the most important thing.

I thank, each day, all the people involved in Assetto Corsa by passion, by talent, by kindness, by time without the intention to make some money for most of them, they are making our day a lot.

Cheers. ;)

Attachments

• messi-immagine-addio-770x480.jpg
    messi-immagine-addio-770x480.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited by a moderator:
Velo's recently posted BMW 2800 CS (found here) is also one of my new favorite mods, with great handling, sound and immersion imho.
For VR users, alter driver3D.ini and make this change :
[HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET
should be
[HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET_69_SUB0

It would be a good candidate for this group to pour some extra TLC into ... for one it has no working wipers, and the smoke does not come from exhaust but 30cm or so higher...
Agreed, this is great fun to run in Cup format.

There's an updated version posted over at ACTK, but still without working wipers though. I knocked up some CSP wipers (attached), now the car is also great fun in the rain. :)

This replaces the existing ext_config. It's the same as the original + the wiper entries at the bottom.

"BMW 2800 CS Wipers" (hopefully makes it easier to find should someone search for this in the future)

Attachments

• BMW 2800 CS - CSP Wipers.zip
    4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
You also see this at the track section, refusing to update for doing simple corrections, like shimmering, wrong brake marks on the tarmac or black lines above trees. Answer from these specific modders, even when other members are publishing the DIY corrections, “sorry I do not use CSP” or “sorry I do not use VR” blabla.

So my thanks, for all the guys who are doing the rework, corrections and/or enhancing the track, while being abandoned by the original modder.
Also thank you for the modders who bring the not yet "perfect" tracks to AC for the other modders to do the fixes or reworks.

I promise you that as soon as you release the Pergusa magazine mod, I will offer you at least one beer :cheers:

About the curbs, they were in the original configuration of SimBin but were not as high in reality (maximum three centimeters and not ten as they are at the moment 😅)

Nice mod mate! Can I use it for a video comparison between yours and Legion's?
feel free

Some advice please - I'm relatively new to AC, just a few weeks in, and I've been downloading a good bunch of cars and tracks. I've noticed now with a few cars, the steering wheel rotation is out of sync with what my physical wheel controller does. Typically turning faster for these few cars (most cars are fine). Is there an editable file I can tweak this in to fix it please?

Right. I know I've been busy but felt this i wanted to release first out into the wild.
It's odd, its slow, its ugly. Its from rfactor and simply not really up to standards today.
But it is what it is. If you don't think its any good or slow racing in French shopping cars makes you die inside, don't download it.
For me i can fade out a lot when i play AC as my wheel is right up to the screen and I barely have any dash on display.
So yeah for me steering wheels and hands matching don't really bother me.
I haven't used this in VR as i don't really use my VR.
Hopefully its a base and whatever happens already its better than when it was ported to rfactor 2.
Some might want lights on it, better physics better shaders.
It's v0.2 so have at it if you want to improve. I left it unpacked.
Again I'm 3 days into converting cars, so many mistakes and issues will be there, but i the guy helping me just both had a blast racing these.
Anyway no turning back now. Just remember 3 days and I've done loads of other stuff so I'm all over the place and cant focus on one thing. Go easy on me.

rfactor
View attachment 1184779
AC
View attachment 1184780

Also 2CV cross (formula Citroen) as well which is more fun, but again bit ropey, but in real life they are.
This was made for rfactor by Mariano Platero.
UK 2cv not sure who made it but very old.

View attachment 1184773View attachment 1184776

For my Dad Bobby, who loved this sort of motorsport. RIP.
(you can still slag it off! i wont cry)

Links

Hey mate,

Thanks for this mod!
Despite the poor performance, it is a lot of fun but for nothing taken for granted in driving.
I took the liberty of making a video review of it because I think it is ideal for fun events (both amateur and experienced drivers).
Thanks again mate :bowdown:

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back