Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,210 comments
Last edited:
Hi there.

Is there any RainFX config file for the track "Kotor-Trojica"?
I've searched in RD and YT but no luck.

Thanks.

snap.jpg

Copy this into the existing config.ini of the track:

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = roada?, ROADA?, asfalt?, RMBL?, beton?,
SOAKING_MATERIALS = roada?, ROADA?, grvl?, asfalt?, RMBL?, betonivicnjak?, grass_pebb,
SMOOTH_MATERIALS =
ROUGH_MATERIALS = zidovi, stambeni?, GRASS?, detalji, CEMSTENAA, malter?,
LINES_MATERIALS = linije,

UPDATE: Overlooked the tents on the CEZ version. Look a few posts further down for a complete zip.

Last edited:
View attachment 1209475

Copy this into the existing config.ini of the track:

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = roada?, ROADA?, asfalt?, RMBL?, beton?,
SOAKING_MATERIALS = roada?, ROADA?, grvl?, asfalt?, RMBL?, betonivicnjak?, grass_pebb,
SMOOTH_MATERIALS =
ROUGH_MATERIALS = zidovi, stambeni?, GRASS?, detalji, CEMSTENAA, malter?,
LINES_MATERIALS = linije,
Legend!

Thank you for taking the time!!

Kotor-Trojica Hillclimb Montenegro - rain and so on...

Track can be found here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/kotor-trojica.50162/

It's just rain and a logo this time, the rest ist great already!
Thanks @Alx Hill for bringing the track up, I thought it would have rain already since it is quite renowned...

• You should be able to copy the files straight into you assetto corsa folder as long as you have the track installed. It will ask to override - backup your track if you want to keep the original files.

Attachments

• lemax_kotor-trojica.zip
    100.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Nadas Rally Stage Romania - rain and grass and vao and so on...

This one was quite a pain. I actually wanted to see if it could look proper enough to not get irritated while driving.
Gravel and asphalt mixes always look a little strange but if somebody wants to try it:

Track can be found here: https://assettorallygrb.wixsite.com/rallygrb/copia-di-track-1

Also not many Romanian tracks in Assetto, so...

• You should be able to copy the files straight into you assetto corsa folder as long as you have the track installed. It will ask to override - backup your track if you want to keep the original files.

• If the new grass still won't show check your assetto corsa folder: extension/textures/grass_fx. You should have a "highlands.dds" file in there, otherwise no grassFX.

snap.jpg

Attachments

• hu_nadas.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Would love that, thank you. I know the blue and green work, but I don't know about the yellow. Plus I have some lights that I want to flash blue or yellow depending on what's going on and I can't make the AI crash to test that either.

If you open the AI debugger app in game you can tweak hunt values to make them brake super late for corners or completely miss corners (same effect as editing the ai.ini file).

Would love that, thank you. I know the blue and green work, but I don't know about the yellow. Plus I have some lights that I want to flash blue or yellow depending on what's going on and I can't make the AI crash to test that either.
Am I missing a trick or does the AC AI not give a crud about the yellow flags, or any flags which appear at the top of my screen?
I'm doing dirt ovals and a yellow comes out and they all pile on in like lemmings.

Last edited:
Whatever that huge round thing on stilts is beyond the final turn banking, it looks like a spaceship invading earth in VR. It's massive! You don't see it on any onboard footage in real videos - what is it, and is it a bit too big?
I don't know what the object is either.
If it is not real, should I delete it?

shi
It's a water storage reservior. They're (or were) all over USA. Pump low-lying water up there on a convenient schedule, and the entire area has pressurised water on demand. I can't see it on Google Maps anymore, but it might have been there 21 years ago.

Edit. Just had to Google the right words. Yes, real. Seems like it was there until at least 2018.

Attachments

• 4317.jpg
    4317.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
shi
Maybe not delete it, if it was there in reality, but maybe downscale it if possible. You never see it from real tv onboards, but it dominates the skyline in game.

I see a 80ies era pepsi logo next to a Coke zero one, which didn't existing before 2005.
I see Michelin and Goodyear logos with yoko tires.

See Reno 911 GIF by Schoolyard TV

Only the very best Masscot, only the very best :D
I know your comment was tongue in cheek but I'm not too concerned about things like that on a fictional car like this. The Pepsi logo is era-correct for a '70s Golf and the Coke car was repainted more recently, I guess. The guys that own these cars are a ragtag bunch of club enthusiasts who'll use any vinyls they can get their hands on to personalise their cars for private race sessions. Looking cool is far more important to them than being accurate.
And they got a good deal on a job lot of Yokohama tyres that fell off the back of a lorry.
;)

I know your comment was tongue in cheek but I'm not too concerned about things like that on a fictional car like this. The Pepsi logo is era-correct for a '70s Golf and the Coke car was repainted more recently, I guess. The guys that own these cars are a ragtag bunch of club enthusiasts who'll use any vinyls they can get their hands on to personalise their cars for private race sessions. Looking cool is far more important to them than being accurate.
And they got a good deal on a job lot of Yokohama tyres that fell off the back of a lorry.
;)
Sounds good to me :cheers:

You could also have said "I do what I want" or "I'll make my own golf cup, with hookers and cocaine" and I'll jump onboard too :cool:

Hey guys,

I just wanted to inform or warn everybody, that the cars we have reworked in the "BPR Recreation Project" have been uploaded to ACTK Garage without even asking our team. For us it is not a big deal, as we do not want to invest our time in useless never ending discussions.... But I invite you all, to only use the links, which we have given for the cars. ACTK does some further modifying. In the end you would have a similar named car in AC which did not benefit from our updates and the BOP work. It is such a shame, that some people do not respect the work and dedication which is invested by us working on the project.

Most of the links in ACTK garage are sharemod links, which means every download generates a small profit for ACTK. It is certainly not much, but if you share hundreds and thousands of mods this way it might be a benefit. We offer our work completely free of charge and we do not want to make any profit with it. Specially taking into account, that most of the car mods were created by other people originally. We went the path to ask everybody for permission.

So long story short. If you want to respect us and the original creators and if you want to benefit from our updates, just download the mods via the links we give. Those links will be renewed with every skin pack release.

Have a good day

Daniel

It's a water storage reservior. They're (or were) all over USA. Pump low-lying water up there on a convenient schedule, and the entire area has pressurised water on demand. I can't see it on Google Maps anymore, but it might have been there 21 years ago.

Edit. Just had to Google the right words. Yes, real. Seems like it was there until at least 2018.
Thanks for letting me know.
Maybe not delete it, if it was there in reality, but maybe downscale it if possible. You never see it from real tv onboards, but it dominates the skyline in game.

Screenshot_ks_abarth500_assetto_corse_indianapolis2001_21-10-122-20-42-11.jpg

The size of the water storage tank has been increased by 0.5 times.
Is this okay?

Also, the Bridgestone logo on the ground has been updated.

;)
Indeed. Monster energy est 2002.
Mustang 1960's.... although i doubt anything on that is from the 1960's, but that's another conversation regards the whole of historic racing which has very little left from the time it actually raced....
So in sim racing terms you are either pretending to race in the period on period tracks, or pretending to pretend you are racing a historic car on newer better condition tracks with better modern rubber and parts..... (looking at you Goodwood)

a5dcc2a0-4369-4535-8b06-5b44d5b56c85.9f6f6c3e74f5cbf8424d967a00df6682.jpeg

You made it bigger?
0.5, so it is half the size.

shi
Indianapolis 2001 v1.02

View attachment 1208941
Conversion from GTR2.

-CSP required
-36 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
Original Track from GP4
rFactor Converted by TTTTT
GTL Converted by derDumeklemmer
GTR2 Converted by RacerM
-Thank you for giving me permission (RacerM)

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
.lua and font by @gunnar333
AI by @Viola_seven
logo.png by @Fanapryde
Added the parallax lights (config) by @ Tyrone
cameraman, background and some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Breathe

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.
Converted upon request by Patreon member Luke Durrant.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.01 changelog;
-Fixed problem with no wall on turn 11. (Thanks deadpoolishguy for the report)

v1.02 changelog;
-Reduced size of water storage tank. (Thanks @Gregz0r for the report)
-Updated Bridgestone logo on the ground.

Indianapolis 2001 v1.02
The link is in the quote.

v1.02 changelog;
-Reduced size of water storage tank. (Thanks @Gregz0r for the report)
-Updated Bridgestone logo on the ground.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back