Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

  • Thread starter Thread starter daan
  • 157,789 comments
  • 52,033,840 views
Hey everyone,

sorry for going off-topic, I know this is not a troubleshooting thread but I know that there's a bunch of AC veterans here so that's why I try to get help here.

My problem is that I didn't use AC for months. One thing is sure, I switched to Windows 11 but I'm pretty sure that I've tried AC after the upgrade and it worked back then. So after a few months away from AC, yesterday I wanted to play with it but it didn't start. I thought it must be a problem with CM so I tried launching it straight from Steam but no luck. Nothing happened, no error messages... nothing. I took a deep breath and uninstalled tha game, I've even deleted the folder with years of works put into collecting and organizing mods but I thought that a fresh install will surely solve my problem. Boy, I was wrong! I've erased all traces of AC off my PC and even a completely new install fails to launch.

Earlier I've noted that SimHub does the same... but I couldn't care less, I didn't use it too frequently. AC not working is a great loss.

Any ideas? Have this ever happened to any of you guys? I don't want to derail this thread, so I welcome any suggestions in DM. Thanks in advance!
 
Porsche GTR 924, made as customer race car but never really took off.
Close to the GTP but obviously the arches are very different.
Nice looking thing in a very raw kind of way.

Needs few bits still to do to it.
But its drivable.

__custom_showroom_1680547511.jpg


Also this beauty.

__custom_showroom_1680547568.jpg
 
How can I fix transparent wheel? (see picture)
I remember seeing how on here but cant seem to find the post
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_bmw_e92_330i_tochigi_racing_ring_3-3-123-17-27-2.png
    Screenshot_bmw_e92_330i_tochigi_racing_ring_3-3-123-17-27-2.png
    253.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Porsche GTR 924, made as customer race car but never really took off.
Close to the GTP but obviously the arches are very different.
Nice looking thing in a very raw kind of way.

Needs few bits still to do to it.
But its drivable.

View attachment 1245121

Also this beauty.

View attachment 1245122
Good Heavens, that Ferrari is looking so good! Is a beuty indeed! Will be avaiable to drive it?
 
Last edited:
Hey everyone,

sorry for going off-topic, I know this is not a troubleshooting thread but I know that there's a bunch of AC veterans here so that's why I try to get help here.

My problem is that I didn't use AC for months. One thing is sure, I switched to Windows 11 but I'm pretty sure that I've tried AC after the upgrade and it worked back then. So after a few months away from AC, yesterday I wanted to play with it but it didn't start. I thought it must be a problem with CM so I tried launching it straight from Steam but no luck. Nothing happened, no error messages... nothing. I took a deep breath and uninstalled tha game, I've even deleted the folder with years of works put into collecting and organizing mods but I thought that a fresh install will surely solve my problem. Boy, I was wrong! I've erased all traces of AC off my PC and even a completely new install fails to launch.

Earlier I've noted that SimHub does the same... but I couldn't care less, I didn't use it too frequently. AC not working is a great loss.

Any ideas? Have this ever happened to any of you guys? I don't want to derail this thread, so I welcome any suggestions in DM. Thanks in advance!
Frightening!

The closest I got to this was when AC (once on the track, not in the menus) started flickering black then went all black screen a week ago.

Turned out it wasn't a good idea to do Windows Update in 'gaming mode.' (I.e. with external monitor connected to my laptop, MUX switch on dedicated GPU and turbo power and wheel and pedals connected.) I panicked, then took a deep breath, methodically turned all peripherals off, disconnected, put power back to balanced, GPU to integrated first, restarted once or twice, and the problem went away.

You obviously restarted so this wouldn't by default help you.

Maybe a system restore can? If you created restore points. Or just resetting your drivers.
 
Making some adaptations for the Alfa Romeo T33.3 (1971) (Targa Florio version skins 1971)..using a Chevron as a "base car", it went well on the track, but when it came back to "exit" to go back to the "Content Manager", freezes the image, but for now it stays like that.
 

Attachments

  • __custom_showroom_1680589634.png
    __custom_showroom_1680589634.png
    54.8 KB · Views: 39
  • __custom_showroom_1680589621.png
    __custom_showroom_1680589621.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 43
  • __custom_showroom_1680589610.png
    __custom_showroom_1680589610.png
    50.1 KB · Views: 42
  • __custom_showroom_1680589574.png
    __custom_showroom_1680589574.png
    43.2 KB · Views: 41
  • __custom_showroom_1680589559.png
    __custom_showroom_1680589559.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 43
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 40
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 43
Hi guys, simple question

when an update of a car mod comes out (like the new Formula Alpha)... the old skins still work? can I just copy paste them?
 
Last edited:
Hi guys, simple question

when an update of a car mod comes out (like the new Formula Alpha)... the old skins still work? can I just copy paste them?
depends ! in the case of the F Alpha they will work.. but some previous cars from VRC wich received an update like the ferrari 2007 the old skins wont work anymore because they updated the 3d model too.
 
Is there any mod or graphics adjustment that interferes with server messages?
I don't get any... No PB, SB, connecting or disconnecting drivers... Nothing.
All the boxes are ticked in CM and when I look in the config file in the AC folder, everything is one 1. So what could be the issue?
Nobody?
 
Making some adaptations for the Alfa Romeo T33.3 (1971) (Targa Florio version skins 1971)..using a Chevron as a "base car", it went well on the track, but when it came back to "exit" to go back to the "Content Manager", freezes the image, but for now it stays like that.
Recently released Porsche 908/03 1971 by Legion.
Yours Alfa T33/3 1971.
Upcoming Porsche 908/02K by Bazza.

The Targa and Nurburg races of the 1971 WSC are one step closer to get real in AC!!!
 
Recently released Porsche 908/03 1971 by Legion.
Yours Alfa T33/3 1971.
Upcoming Porsche 908/02K by Bazza.

The Targa and Nurburg races of the 1971 WSC are one step closer to get real in AC!!!
Unfortunately my "amateur conversions" don't reach the level of the "mentioned" friends, they serve more to compose the "grid"... of freezing when giving "exit" and I don't know how to solve it ).

In the other Alfa-Romeo versions from 1971/1972, I will try to use another "base car", I think it will be the 312PB/1971, the dimensions/engine/power versions, more or less similar (as well as the Porsche 908 ( by Legion ).

For the Abarth 2.0 ( I don't know if I use the Chevron or Lola ). Of the important cars I still need to analyze better and make ( 250TR61 ( I can improve a little more ), 365P2 ( I have to start ), Ferrari Dino 206 (1966/1967, I also need to do it), Matra BRM,.. I think someone is going to make the Porsche 908 soon (with headlights).
 
gorgeous! :bowdown:

Where can we download this please? (also other of your previously posted goodies - I never see a download link in your posts...?)

Thanks!!
Just into teasing i suppose...:p
 
Just into teasing i suppose...:P
Nah not really, I've covered this before, I started to convert stuff still very recently in the grand scheme of things.
So basically in truth i never wanted to learn to convert so i could be a modder who released stuff for money or for notoriety, I did it because I saw cars that were not in AC and saw series that were not covered.

Added to that I've seen many mods get ripped apart for such trivial silly thing's that the entitled expect every time, things that to me don't bother me so much.
So whilst i am still in the process of learning and enjoying doing it, I'm just perennially in a WIP state.
Also a flit from one thing to the next, and its very quickly that you realise that stuff you did a few months ago, it all needs to be revisited as you've learnt more knowledge.

So no I'm not teasing, I'm simply showing on a modding thread for AC what I'm up to, I don't see why everything has to have a link to be shown because its very much on topic, this isn't a car link sharing thread, there are plenty of others that do that so much better with links for everything.

I have flirted with an idea of a patreon , well mainly nearly pushed into it by my cousin, but i have got cold feet over that i think now.
I don't have the confidence right now in what i'm doing to release stuff in that way.
I see mods with lists of names credited, physics, skins, lights, testing, tyres, suspensions...... making tea.
I do this mostly on my own really, which i am happy with, but i do it for the sheer enjoyment of modding. Nothing else.
Finding stuff, having ideas.

Put it this way if i make a mod without working wipers, i don't care....but some do.
And with all respect....i didn't make it for them...
 
.../...
This question was already asked and answered a zillion times. ;)
Code:
[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
FILE=mclaren_720s_gt3.kn5, mclaren_720s_gt3_lodb.kn5, mclaren_720s_gt3_lodc.kn5, mclaren_720s_gt3_lodd.kn5, mclaren_720s_gt3_lod_b.kn5, mclaren_720s_gt3_lod_c.kn5, mclaren_720s_gt3_lod_d.kn5
HIDE=Object-002
That's true. But that code just completely removes the safety net afaik.
Author whistleblower39 should be able to fix the issue and keep the net installed imo.
 
Continuing the stage of Targa Florio 1950 in the "Champions Career Mode", stage 2 with the Alfa Romeo "fake" 6C 2500 Competizione (M.Bornigia - F.Bornigia). ( On Board and TV Cam )

In the image the Jaguar XK 120 S

TV Cam

Can you release these cars?
 
umb
Another excellent car from MNBA Team
I wish my car & track collection was slim and trim as you hear some of the OG's speak of.

I have 3 versions of that car and don't know what any of them are like.

I install everything and then it sits. I have been at least rating a track after I drive it. Sometimes a car if it's really good.
 
I wish my car & track collection was slim and trim as you hear some of the OG's speak of.

I have 3 versions of that car and don't know what any of them are like.

I install everything and then it sits. I have been at least rating a track after I drive it. Sometimes a car if it's really good.
Yup that was me as well until recently when I went through my cars and deleted like a couple hundred...still just shy of 1000 left...
 
Hello there! Well... As we all know GTPlanet MT updated the 2016 r18 from RTM and have been some years from that but... The 2016 r18 I've always wanted and waited for is the high downforce version and I've found it in a video! Problem? Link is down.

I've searched and asked everywere and nothing, I can not find it. So, I'm back in here to see if someone have it. Hopefully I can get it.

The video I'm talking about: click click click
 
Nah not really, I've covered this before, I started to convert stuff still very recently in the grand scheme of things.
So basically in truth i never wanted to learn to convert so i could be a modder who released stuff for money or for notoriety, I did it because I saw cars that were not in AC and saw series that were not covered.

Added to that I've seen many mods get ripped apart for such trivial silly thing's that the entitled expect every time, things that to me don't bother me so much.
So whilst i am still in the process of learning and enjoying doing it, I'm just perennially in a WIP state.
Also a flit from one thing to the next, and its very quickly that you realise that stuff you did a few months ago, it all needs to be revisited as you've learnt more knowledge.

So no I'm not teasing, I'm simply showing on a modding thread for AC what I'm up to, I don't see why everything has to have a link to be shown because its very much on topic, this isn't a car link sharing thread, there are plenty of others that do that so much better with links for everything.

I have flirted with an idea of a patreon , well mainly nearly pushed into it by my cousin, but i have got cold feet over that i think now.
I don't have the confidence right now in what i'm doing to release stuff in that way.
I see mods with lists of names credited, physics, skins, lights, testing, tyres, suspensions...... making tea.
I do this mostly on my own really, which i am happy with, but i do it for the sheer enjoyment of modding. Nothing else.
Finding stuff, having ideas.

Put it this way if i make a mod without working wipers, i don't care....but some do.
And with all respect....i didn't make it for them...
kinda strange imho...
I post here sometimes skins I made for myself in first place (i love making them and seeing them on track... , but then I think how many hours I spent on them and how it would be nice to also make some other ppl happy with them...
so I post a link for ppl who want to download and use them...
If I were to just post pics of the skins I made, without a url to share them, that would be odd..
I'd be like "look what I made!" , "but you can't have it ... "
And by no means are the skins I make perfect... that's not a requirement for something freely shared with the community here, is it?
I think many would love to be able to play with (and potentially improve on ) mods you create ; even if they are not perfect. Esp since you create stuff that isn't in AC yet , it's borderline cruel to keep it to yourself ;)
Seriously now; isn't the best enjoyment to be had in sharing your efforts with the community?
(as long as you don't wanna sell it that is )
Or are you worried someone might then release your efforts as their own? (That would be a valid concern I guess)
Anyway , just my opinion, you do as you want obviously! :)
I for one would welcome your work , flawed or not (also a mod-junky here - with 6730 cars currently in my "collection")
Cheers!
 
Washington DC RFK Stadium Circuit - Released
Hey all, here's a track I've been working on lately. It's fun and I've learned some new things. It (like most of my tracks) is built in RTB but I took it into blender and did a bunch of finishing touches on it, gave it a way better road feel (RTB roads always feel like driving on glass), added TreeFX, grassfx, cameras, ai, stuff like that. anyway, enjoy!




View attachment 1244205
View attachment 1244206
View attachment 1244207
I've posted an update to this over at RD. I toned down the garish colors on some of the trucks. fixed the meshes for the crowds and grandstands, fixed some shadows, added some skidmarks and a functioning groove, improved the AI, and made a few changes to the CSP config (mostly cleanup things).
 
kinda strange imho...
I post here sometimes skins I made for myself in first place (i love making them and seeing them on track... , but then I think how many hours I spent on them and how it would be nice to also make some other ppl happy with them...
so I post a link for ppl who want to download and use them...
If I were to just post pics of the skins I made, without a url to share them, that would be odd..
I'd be like "look what I made!" , "but you can't have it ... "
And by no means are the skins I make perfect... that's not a requirement for something freely shared with the community here, is it?
I think many would love to be able to play with (and potentially improve on ) mods you create ; even if they are not perfect. Esp since you create stuff that isn't in AC yet , it's borderline cruel to keep it to yourself ;)
Seriously now; isn't the best enjoyment to be had in sharing your efforts with the community?
(as long as you don't wanna sell it that is )
Or are you worried someone might then release your efforts as their own? (That would be a valid concern I guess)
Anyway , just my opinion, you do as you want obviously! :)
I for one would welcome your work , flawed or not (also a mod-junky here - with 6730 cars currently in my "collection")
Cheers!
Interesting points, and i have been contacted by a few people and i have shared the odd thing out.
I did share quite a few of my mods of mods, ie when I was changing wheels and adding bits etc.
Used to do load's of camera sets, shared grass fx track skins etc.
Personally if someone made a nice skin and showed it off but didn't have a link I'd not be bothered either though, i'd most likely try to make it myself or invariable someone else would of.

Also whilst i think about it, I did those monster trucks, first and only proper monster trucks in AC, no one has done any since.
Now go onto ATCK's site and in say the Porsche section look how many are the same car by different modders.
That Merc few posts up is a good example.
So people don't want monster trucks so why share it out?

Also not saying anyone should not just do the same mods over and over, because the 'fun' is in modding, its not necessarily just doing it because its not been done before.

Ultimately the reason is Its one thing to add say wheels to a mod and body kit and share it, its quite another to convert a car and then run the gauntlet of people either slagging it off or expecting me to devote my life to updating the life out of it because of minor things or moaning about it.
Yes maybe a small minority do it, and sadly it has a knock on effect for a bunch of people just happy to see new interesting stuff....

Anyway, having said all of that, i have been meaning to add to the two ftrucks and started with the VW which legend says its already out there but i never came across it....
So I did it and i WILL share this and the IVECO one when i do that shortly.
I warn people...it won't have wipers!
But it does have the actual helmet on the driver from the conversion, as i'm obsessed with doing helmets at present, even to the point of buying models for 20 quid a pop!

Screenshot_ftruck_vwfh_mugello_5-3-123-0-18-45.jpg


 
Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back