- 1,362
After a week, I'm finally back in action with Assetto Corsa. After finishing my tax return last weekend, late Saturday night, I got up the next morning to take the day off and enjoy some sim racing in AC. I turned on my sim/gaming PC, and saw the message below. I think a Windows update got "confused" and created a bootsector on a different drive.
I finally had the time yesterday to disconnect all the additional hard drives, install a new OS, drivers, utilities, and apps. Then I copied my User Appdata and Documents folders from a system backup. I reconnected the other drives one at a time, tested, and confirmed they weren't set up as boot drives, then "reconnected" all my game Libraries to Steam. I'm actually glad I went ahead and started with a new OS install, as my gaming PC had been doing wonky things and slowing down for over a year. Now it's all perky and fast again.
Assetto Corsa only had a little hiccup, as it asked for a Microsoft .Net install before it would load a track.
In case this happens to you, don't panic, relax, and take your time!
I finally had the time yesterday to disconnect all the additional hard drives, install a new OS, drivers, utilities, and apps. Then I copied my User Appdata and Documents folders from a system backup. I reconnected the other drives one at a time, tested, and confirmed they weren't set up as boot drives, then "reconnected" all my game Libraries to Steam. I'm actually glad I went ahead and started with a new OS install, as my gaming PC had been doing wonky things and slowing down for over a year. Now it's all perky and fast again.
Assetto Corsa only had a little hiccup, as it asked for a Microsoft .Net install before it would load a track.
In case this happens to you, don't panic, relax, and take your time!
Last edited:
