Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,731 comments
preview.jpg

I've started working on the 2013 and 2012 season, hopefully it can be done in april.

It is there. Right after I posted I looked at it one more time and noticed that when I clicked the helmet a small sliver of gray appeared in the very upper left corner of the screen. So I just had to drag it back onto the main screen. Don't know how it got in that position. But it makes me feel better because the RSS Adonis RB9 and several other cars have just been sitting because I can't see out of them, now I can fix them. :)

... Right after I posted I looked at it one more time and noticed that when I clicked the helmet a small sliver of gray appeared in the very upper left corner of the screen. So I just had to drag it back onto the main screen. Don't know how it got in that position...
On some occasion something similar has happened to me; after having installed a seemingly correct car mod, all the applications windows that I have on different desktops of the game were displaced out of place.

I especially remember a Peugeot 107 mod that I tried to install a couple of times, and both times it screwed up AC, causing the game to crash and applications to pile up in the upper left corner of the left monitor... In one of these crashes I even had to manually reposition the applications, since it was not possible to move them with the mouse, of so off-screen they were.

By the way, if anyone could tell me where to get a Peugeot 107 mod that works properly, I would greatly appreciate it...

On some occasion something similar has happened to me; after having installed a seemingly correct car mod, all the applications windows that I have on different desktops of the game were displaced out of place.

I especially remember a Peugeot 107 mod that I tried to install a couple of times, and both times it screwed up AC, causing the game to crash and applications to pile up in the upper left corner of the left monitor... In one of these crashes I even had to manually reposition the applications, since it was not possible to move them with the mouse, of so off-screen they were.

By the way, if anyone could tell me where to get a Peugeot 107 mod that works properly, I would greatly appreciate it...
https://simracing.blckbox.net/CarDetails.php?CarID=al_peugeot_107
This 2011 model from Assettoland isn't the greatest looking, but it does work.

__custom_showroom_1711836987.jpg

Have you tried other ppfilters?
I'm using PURE, so all of my filters must have PURE scripts.

I generally use PUREHDR-EYE, as I'm on an HDR panel. Changing to the regular "pure" non-HDR filter moderately improves the issue, but from "basically invisible" to "poor visibility". I've seen GTE cars run in real life, their brake lights are super bright at night.

I'm going to reach out to Peter on his Patreon, I think, to see if there is something I can do in the controller to mitigate this.

EDIT: Just kidding, I have to be subscribed to comment on Patreon. I'll have to wait - I only pay in on major new releases. So anyone who may know here, I'd appreciate it.

EDIT2: So I've found a bit of a patchwork solution: Max out the csp_light_emissive slider in Pure Config. While the lights themselves don't "pop" into the darkness like they should, I can see other cars' braking fairly clearly now. It's probably not the right solution, but it'll work for now. I can race my M8 GTE at Mosport.

Last edited:
Also if you have URD's CLK-GTR and 911 GT1 Evo, I think they just got updates to get some visual up to date and some BoP to similar type cars...Not sure if the glowing exhuast is over done....
View attachment 1341803
thanks for the heads up. I own both these cars and didn't get an email.

they've kind of been off their game lately.

maybe if they're updating these older cars we'll finally get 1.0 for the PX pack... 🙁

Last edited:
Here's a "Le Mans 1960" Mini Pack to make up the traditional race grid.
Ferrari 250TR.59.60 (adapted from an original model by Legion) ( Skins - 2/4/6 - 1000Km Buenos Aires 1960 )
Jaguar E-Type 2A (adaptation into a model by Velo)
Chevrolet Corvette C1 ( textures improved by "MrHunt" )
and Triumph TR4S (parts of the 3d model of the mentioned cars were used.

Credits for both are from (Absolute Le Mans Modding Team)
Antoniog7772
Jempy
March 1990
Saxony
matteo
Der_jaguar
Commodore
Joeschmoe
Prostriker92
almafera
nickM

Always remembering, these are just "ADAPTATIONS or (PARTIAL) CONVERSIONS", nothing 100% perfect, but playable for some moments to recreate in historic races like Le Mans.

Note: Those who already had the version of this Ferrari 250 TR59.60 from the pack (from the 60s) have a different file (it's up to you) which version to keep.

Mini Pack Le Mans 1960
this will make my 1960 LM grid way better, thank you :D

X90
I'm using PURE, so all of my filters must have PURE scripts.

I generally use PUREHDR-EYE, as I'm on an HDR panel. Changing to the regular "pure" non-HDR filter moderately improves the issue, but from "basically invisible" to "poor visibility". I've seen GTE cars run in real life, their brake lights are super bright at night.

I'm going to reach out to Peter on his Patreon, I think, to see if there is something I can do in the controller to mitigate this.

EDIT: Just kidding, I have to be subscribed to comment on Patreon. I'll have to wait - I only pay in on major new releases. So anyone who may know here, I'd appreciate it.

EDIT2: So I've found a bit of a patchwork solution: Max out the csp_light_emissive slider in Pure Config. While the lights themselves don't "pop" into the darkness like they should, I can see other cars' braking fairly clearly now. It's probably not the right solution, but it'll work for now. I can race my M8 GTE at Mosport.
That csp light emissive slider maxed actually worked for me. They don't pop like you said, but now I can actually see a bit of brake lights on cars that I've never seen them on. Thanks for the workaround.

I'm having trouble finding out where you adjust the driver's seating position. I need to raise the seating position up in some cars and move it back in a few others.

View attachment 1341751

I thought it was said earlier that if you click on the helmet icon it's supposed to bring up the menu to adjust seating position but when I click on it nothing happens.
If you click on an app and it does not display it can get pushed off the screens visible area by another app. Try increasing your resolution and then drag the app back to the center. To prevent this I think you can enable allow overlapping apps option.

This happen to me a couple of times.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if anyone is currently updating or doing anything with the ts_hungaroringACCv03 track? I've been fooling around with it and have it in a decent place at the moment, but don't want to waste my time if someone is already working on it.

Mostly i've just been trying to balance the color\lighting on all of the grass areas and trees as well as adding some trees to the distant terrain. Plus the track had some objects that needed some adjusting because they disappeared from certain camera angles. You can see what I mean in the after photo where the fence line is now fully visible on the mound in the center. Although looking at my after photo, i'm not sure what happened to the trees on the left hand side of the image. I'll have to double check that.

Before:
hung_before.jpg

After:
hung_after2.jpg

Last edited:
That csp light emissive slider maxed actually worked for me. They don't pop like you said, but now I can actually see a bit of brake lights on cars that I've never seen them on. Thanks for the workaround.
Yeah, it's like it's missing the glare altogether. I've seen tons of recent videos and screenshots where the glare from brake lights is actually too much - maybe they're using a different config or not using Pure at all.

Glad it worked for you. I'll leave Peter a comment about it when I resubscribe in a month or two.

Last edited:
I noticed that in my trash has recently landed tons of steering wheel settings .ini. CM does the .ini file deletes every time when changing the vehicle?
I've had the same thing happening recently when modifying car.ini files. A file with the changes I've made is still always saved in the data folder, so it didn't ring too many alarm bells. I figured this must have begun after installing some recent CM update.

Does anyone know if anyone is currently updating or doing anything with the ts_hungaroringACCv03 track? I've been fooling around with it and have it in a decent place at the moment, but don't want to waste my time if someone is already working on it.

Mostly i've just been trying to balance the color\lighting on all of the grass areas and trees as well as adding some trees to the distant terrain. Plus the track had some objects that needed some adjusting because they disappeared from certain camera angles. You can see what I mean in the after photo where the fence line is now fully visible on the mound in the center. Although looking at my after photo, i'm not sure what happened to the trees on the left hand side of the image. I'll have to double check that.

Before:
View attachment 1341820

After:
View attachment 1341821
Hungaroring is a special track... There are so many unfinished ACC conversions around... :D At this moment, Fenryrs version seems to be the "most finished" version, everything else should be probably avoided.

Before:
View attachment 1341820

After:
View attachment 1341821
few months ago i completely reworked it, i made also the 3D logo on the building, but the track was still missing stuff.

Actually, I found out how to do it. First you choose to display only the objects you want to delete. Then on the Edit tab there is an All Visible button. If you click that, it brings up a drop down box that has different options. One of them is an erase option. I can't believe i've had this program for 4 years and never knew about that ability until now.
Hmm...really, quite a discovery)

Think the whole problem with 3Dsimed is there is no decent and simple manual.
I’m still trying to find out how to transfer advertising boards, crowd and other objects from one converted Reims track to another much better, but a bit to empty Reims track. How to rescale, to the right spot without floating and at the right direction? :confused:

I do hope someone can help me inhere. :bowdown:

Last edited:
Great refreshing work on the TVR! Thank you for sharing it with us. You posted some "Wiesmann GT" improvements. Are you going to share those too?
I very badly want to, but the car has been made and is sold by Assettodrive. I've send Alexander (owner) an email 4 days ago to aks for sharing-permission, haven't received an asnwer yet. The updates I did to it are too rigorous to release it as an add-on. Maybe I'm too cautious with the whole permission thing, but like Monica (from Friends) once said: "Rules help control the fun."

Last edited:
X90
thanks for the heads up. I own both these cars and didn't get an email.

they've kind of been off their game lately.

maybe if they're updating these older cars we'll finally get 1.0 for the PX pack... 🙁
No emails here either, recently. I was behind with GT3's like Bayro etc.
But the new Shiro email arrived.

Angry I Hate You GIF

I very badly want to, but the car has been made and is sold by Assettodrive. I've send Alexander (owner) an email 4 days ago to aks for sharing-permission, haven't received an asnwer yet. The updates I did to it are too rigorous to release it as an add-on. Maybe I'm too cautious with the whole permission thing, but like Monica (from Friends) once said: "Rules help control the fun."
If he didn't say no then he must mean yes... :lol:

Hungaroring is a special track... There are so many unfinished ACC conversions around... :D At this moment, Fenryrs version seems to be the "most finished" version, everything else should be probably avoided.

few months ago i completely reworked it, i made also the 3D logo on the building, but the track was still missing stuff.
Sounds like I should just keep this one for myself and just play around with it since there are already updated versions out there. Thanks for the info...

Last edited:
Which is a good program to record assetto videos
Freeware preferred
do you have any tips:)
There's a dedicated thread for video stuff so you'd be better off asking there (and posting any videos there too).
This thread is about AC mod discussion.

Not sure if anyone is interested but I like crowd sounds when I'm racing F1 tracks - I know that the driver can't hear them but I think it adds to an immersive experience.
I've attached an example with the 2022 Cota Track plus the separate constitutes that can be adjusted for other tracks
To change the coordinates I used 'CM object inspector' and right-clicked at certain points on the track to get the coordinates for input
YT Video is OOD but for an example of how to use the object inspector see here: 06:48 - Streaming edges and points

2022 F1 Tracks GDrive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bshEhqxZN0HTbyyOD8V8CA8ABO2l3Y1b?usp=drive_link
USA COTA SFX Folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1STkmA4em5Vjg-abDkVDtAkGwpkgJ4coL?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back