Fanapryde
In Memoriam
- 5,682

- Belgium
Don't know how you managed that ? v1.1 here, tried different cars, they all bounce off the wall there...
Don't know how you managed that ? v1.1 here, tried different cars, they all bounce off the wall there...
No idea, really... As we mountain bikers say when we try to claim the bicycle warranty after having fallen down a ravine: "Don't know, I was just riding alone and the bike suddenly broke..." 🤷♂️Don't know how you managed that ? v1.1 here, tried different cars, they all bounce off the wall there...
According to what is reported on Wikipedia, yes, DRM was "replaced" by DTM.Man, I have such a blast coming back to the DRM Revival cars every once in a while. Just a complete blast.
So, what is the evolution of these cars to modern day? What are the successors? I was thinking DTM, but I'm not sure that is correct. Lemme know if you know please. Thx.
View attachment 1367930
Thank you, my friend!According to what is reported on Wikipedia, yes, DRM was "replaced" by DTM.
"The Deutsche Rennsport Meisterschaft, abbreviated to the acronym DRM, was an automotive championship for touring cars organized in Germany from 1972 to 1985 as the top German national series replacing the Deutsche Rundstrecken Meisterschaft (suppressed in 1971) and forerunner of the next Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisterschaft born in 1984".
Well, you're not supposed to hit it anyway!!
I just found out about those:
Assetto Corsa AI Rolling Start app
The later, allows to choose AI's starting tyre compound.
Any one here tried those, how do they work for you?
thank you so muchGreat release today: free ASR 1991 carset. it is really good, not like ACFL.
AC ● ASR OWC – 1991 Free Carset V1.1 – ASR Formula
www.asrformula.com
Those were always free, only now they're in a single pack lolGreat release today: free ASR 1991 carset. it is really good, not like ACFL.
AC ● ASR OWC – 1991 Free Carset V1.1 – ASR Formula
www.asrformula.com
Sorry to reup such an old post but how do you even use it ? The preview settings using that map throws an error because, well, it's a photomap and not a proper showroom. Kinda lost with all that CSP previews crapRELEASE
View attachment 1295419
Showroom needed: https://www.patreon.com/posts/tav-moderna-0-2-67691247
Preview settings attachedif you post some pictures, please give a short credit
![]()
they are updated also, and they are not encrypted, and have been updated several times in since v1 just in the past year, so you can perhaps try them again as they are really top level.Those were always free, only now they're in a single pack lol
Shame (although I get it) he had to encrypt his mods because people were ripping 'em left, right and centre.
Guess that's just the state of modding in 2024.
Bruh I've downloaded the 1991 and 1992 updates yesterday and they're encrypted since 1.1 as you can't change the shaders values.they are updated also, and they are not encrypted, and have been updated several times in since v1 just in the past year, so you can perhaps try them again as they are really top level.
26/06/2024
AC 1991 V1.1
– Updated all 3Ds of all cars with correct front and rear wing measurements
– Updated all engine sounds
– Small corrections on physical data
– AGS added gearbox animation
– Lambo 291 added gearbox animation
– Lola LC91 added gearbox animation and rounded windshield
04/06/2023
AC 1991 V1.0d
Change Log:
3D model:
– New 3D Helmet Rehos by EKO-SimRacing (thank you!) for McLaren 1991
– Add New 3D Helmet Rehos Senna in Williams FW14 Silverstone Edition Special Event.
– Fix Lotus 102B brake position
– Fix AGS rear suspension position
– add 3 lods for all cars
Graphics, Texture:
– Update skin pack with new Rehos Helmet Skins
Content Manager
– Created presets and driver performance for all 16 tracks of the 1991 World Championship.
Misc
– Fix Johansson name AGS
15/05/2023
AC 1991 V1.0c
Change Log:
Audio:
Add Audio Extension
3D Model:
New 3D Sterringwheel, new 3D Helmet (drivermodel)
07/05/2023
AC 1991 V1.0b
Change Log:
Physics:
Small correction on aerodynamics and FBB
Sound:
Introduced new sounds with sourround support in VR mode
3D Model:
Updated and improved models in general, specifically below;
– Brabham Sterringwheel 3D model
– Ferrari new 3D mirrors model
– Fondmetal new real 3D dashboard and display Model
– Fondmetal new 3D mirrors model
– Leyton House new 3D mirrors model, coverengine fix, add new sidepods configuration
– Minardi new 3D mirrors model
– Tyrrell new 3D mirrors model
– Williams new 3D mirrors model and fix cockpit edge
– Dallara new 3D mirrors model and fix sidepods normals
Graphics, configuration and Texture:
– new textures for slick tires
– some general corrections on some textures and skins
– New damage texture
the 1992 set being 60 pounds is far too expensive.... but i see they are on reddit, hopefully reddit clears up the last few remaining stolen mod subreditsBruh I've downloaded the 1991 and 1992 updates yesterday and they're encrypted since 1.1 as you can't change the shaders values.
I know because I had them in 1.0d and they weren't.
The clue is in the missing three dots next to WCCARBODY.
View attachment 1368027
View attachment 1368028
vs the 1993 cars that aren't:
View attachment 1368029
I don't mind anyways, the cars are top notch.
Okay, I have improved the 1982 season even more. I found out why SD cars crash so eagerly at Long Beach, Kyalami and Oesterreichring. They don't respond well to big ai driver aggression values. When I lowered the max. driver aggression to 20 for top drivers the crashes are pretty much gone. I mean gone 90%. There are still ai crashes occasionally but so what... so was in the real races. And when ai crashes it doesn't create catastrophical issues on the track unlike ai engine explosions, which every single time create a big traffic problem.
As I told in the previous post I created fast turbo cars and much, much slower Cosworths and compensated their lack of power with better fuel economy.
This means the Turbos have to take two pitstops whereas you can drive the whole race with just one pitstop.
I tried the ai engine failures but they are disastrous because they create crashes and mayhem as the ai car engines blow in the middle of the track.
But it's very possible to win races on slower circuits like Long Beach, Detroit and Monaco. Even Brands Hatch is possible to win with a perfect race as there are only one very fast straight.
Turbo cars are superior at Hockenheim, Monza, Paul Ricard where they can use their 15-20 km/h bigger top speed.
In this Oesterreichring the same thing... turbos are superior. I made a test race (25 laps) at Oesterreichring. This is one of the fastest tracks of the era and despite Turbos making two pitstops I was about 39 seconds behind the winner Prost (at ai level 100). I wasn't driving a great race but it was "ok" and near the limit. Made two stupid mistakes with one backmarker and once I took the chicane wrong way and ended up in gravel.
Winner Prost (turbo Renault) made two pitstops whereas I only pitted once and drove with bigger fuel load. The gap was 39 seconds but with better driving it could have been 15-20 seconds.
The real race had one of the most legendary endings between Elio de Angelis and Keke Rosberg. Watch it on Youtube. As you can see De Angelis and Rosberg were on the top only because all turbo cars (besides Tambay's Ferrari) had a technical DNF.
![]()
1982 Austrian Grand Prix - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org
I'm getting more and more realistic vibe with this. I have modified all car datas and created significant power differences between turbos and Cosworths. These SD cars actually drive very well after you remove all other tyremodels than QF.
1983, 1984 and 1988 are also SD cars and I've done the exact same adjustments to them. However, 1982 was the most problematic as from 1983 almost all top teams had turbos and they become more reliable. Williams got Honda turbo only in the last races of the season 1983 though. It was seriously underpowered. In 1982 Rosberg won the title with way underpowered Cosworth by consistency and reliability. It's a lot of fun to drive a slower car against the turbos and try to catch them with pitstop tactics.
I'm a die hard classic F1 fan and getting these to play remotely realistic is a great feeling. I really enjoy driving these but for me the results and outcome is much more important than things like graphics. Also forcing the cars to pit was a big thing to improve realism. I aim at 25 minutes - 35 minute races. That means 15 laps on Hockenheim and 30 laps on Long Beach.
Already released before, now with just more improvements. Download everything from the video description. If you need the cars, pm me.
Statistics.
Qualifying: I got pretty much perfect lap (for me). I was still 2 seconds behind turbos.
![]()
Race:
![]()
Winner (ai 100, turbo Renault) lap times:
![]()
My (Cosworth) lap times.
![]()
Helps that I bought the cars along (same as 1993), 60 buck in one go is too much, that I agree, but 5 bucks every few months is manageablethe 1992 set being 60 pounds is far too expensive.... but i see they are on reddit, hopefully reddit clears up the last few remaining stolen mod subredits
Put the map into your showroom folder assettocorsa>content>showroomSorry to reup such an old post but how do you even use it ? The preview settings using that map throws an error because, well, it's a photomap and not a proper showroom. Kinda lost with all that CSP previews crap
For that, there are 2 solutions. 1. go into skins for each car you want to update and then mark all at once, and then it´s updating as a bulk, but it takes longer than pressing only the "update previews" button.Put the map into your showroom folder assettocorsa>content>showroom
The CMPreset file goes into Appdata>Local>AcTools Content Manager>Presets>Custom Previews
Although this preview seems broken in general, It keeps crashing if you try to bulk update any mod with more than 5-8 liveries. Not ideal when you have some cars with more than 20+ liveries![]()
what software do you use to get those race results?
I don't understand the first one tbh, I have just chalked it down to be an encryption issue and CM or whatever throws a fit over it. Which is a shame since it's a good looking preview due to the lightning it uses.For that, there are 2 solutions. 1. go into skins for each car you want to update and then mark all at once, and then it´s updating as a bulk, but it takes longer than pressing only the "update previews" button.
2. you need to edit something with 3dSimEd in the .kn5 but I can´t share it here since the showroom is not my own work, so I am not allowed to share it. But, long story short, it is working with some extra work.
It seems utterly broken in every way lmao. Think I'll stick with my presets, encrypted cars not working be damned.Put the map into your showroom folder assettocorsa>content>showroom
The CMPreset file goes into Appdata>Local>AcTools Content Manager>Presets>Custom Previews
Although this preview seems broken in general, It keeps crashing if you try to bulk update any mod with more than 5-8 liveries. Not ideal when you have some cars with more than 20+ liveries![]()
Hemm, did anyone see this?
Yes, I saw that to, no problem, I have room on my SSD for EVO, but why would a game, any game, need to be on SSD?Yes, nice screenshots! The game requires 100gb on ssd.
Encrypted cars should work just fine making new previews as long as the textures are not encrypted, You just need to enable it in the CM settingsIt seems utterly broken in every way lmao. Think I'll stick with my presets, encrypted cars not working be damned.
for faster loading, and better perform overall. Nowadays SSD are cheaper than 5 years agoYes, I saw that to, no problem, I have room on my SSD for EVO, but why would a game, any game, need to be on SSD?
Faster loading, yes, but it is not needed, it is a nice to have.for faster loading, and better perform overall. Nowadays SSD are cheaper than 5 years ago