It would help if you post a picture of what exactly is wrong with the tyresanyone else has an issue with the tyres in this new version?
(previously didn't notice , but now the blurred inside walls of the tyres disturb me, so I guess something was changed there... and not for the better )
here a screenshot that shows what disturbs me (but it looks even worse in the VR headset) :It would help if you post a picture of what exactly is wrong with the tyres
if you go to history you can find 1.0 and 1.0 hotfix to downloadIF i had kept the previous version, I could go back and take a comparative screenshot, but I haven't.
Hoping someone else will keep a backup before updating, and can corroborate what I mean with the inside tyre wall blur being disturbing...
Maybe before there were no writings on the inside of the tyres, I can not remember that being the case for sure.
here a screenshot that shows what disturbs me (but it looks even worse in the VR headset) :
View attachment 1415554
(and so not only inside also outsides give a too shiny effect )
Here a pic from Showroom (w CSP) :
View attachment 1415555
and this is standing still , so the tyre walls none-blurred are also weird..
If not mistaken , this could be the culprite:
View attachment 1415556
Thanks! Nerd question: The "compress dds files in all subdirs.bat" can be deleted, or does have any function for us, mere mortals? And it seems to me that the "_data.acd" file is useless, so possibly, it could also be deleted...For anyone who's thinking of skipping installing the Lola T298 by childa because of it's huge size
(original 7z installer file is 905MB and the unpacked car folder 1.7GB ! )
I made a toned down version...
Sorry, indeed , manually copying fixed the issue 👍View attachment 1415557
I warned everyone, this kitten will die and it will be your fault
View attachment 1415558
indeed ,Thanks! Nerd question: The "compress dds files in all subdirs.bat" can be deleted, or does have any function for us, mere mortals? And it seems to me that the "_data.acd" file is useless, so possibly, it could also be deleted...
All good, take your timeif you want i can send you a test version
I really wanted to finish the Volvo 850 sedan and release them all at once
Why not download the original rather than this copy? https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/honda-nsx.4768/oops my bad, try again pls (original LINK has been opened to all with the link)
Question : anyone knows why the paint on the doors on the Acura NSX by Dan Bucsa (Our Racing Simulator Project) v2.1
is looking different from the rest of the body?
View attachment 1415542
alternate_kn5 is only for skin makers who need to do custom previews on the different aerokit the car provide when selecting a skin in the menu (which are upgrade done in game with csp) like sharkfin and no sharkfinSorry, indeed , manually copying fixed the issue 👍
Question though: the alternate_kn5 folder , does it go in assetto root folder too ? (because I see no reference in the ext_config.ini to that alternate_kn5 folder... so how is it used? )
Thanks , it's a sublime mod!!!!
indeed ,
the bat file i keep in there as a reminder that I compressed all the dds in the skins folder already ... and you can also use it by copying it in any cars skin folder and doubleclicking it ...
(beware it could have a slight impact on how the skins look - if you value fidelity over diskspace, don't use it )
Sauber F1 08, Heidfeld skin is 2x the same car model?alternate_kn5 is only for skin makers who need to do custom previews on the different aerokit the car provide when selecting a skin in the menu (which are upgrade done in game with csp) like sharkfin and no sharkfin
He has a different helmet in the second skin, the one he used in germanySauber F1 08, Heidfeld skin is 2x the same car model?
View attachment 1415572
View attachment 1415573
I thought there is also a different car model for Heidfeld available, like it is for Kubica.He has a different helmet in the second skin, the one he used in germany
Yeah well I was very lazy regarding Heidfeld I'll admit. Maybe I'll fix that on another updateI thought there is also a different car model for Heidfeld available, like it is for Kubica.
Awesome! Have a great holiday everyone.. Today I received a Moza R5, felt so good to tear off the G29 lol... Only kidding, she did me well but time to go!Merry christmas,
the 2008 mod is finally out on Race Department ! get it here
View attachment 1415476
View attachment 1415506
View attachment 1415508
Awesome! Have a great holiday everyone.. Today I received a Moza R5, felt so good to tear off the G29 lol... Only kidding, she did me well but time to go!
I thought there is also a different car model for Heidfeld available, like it is for Kubica.
First let me say it's a great car, thank you. But when I try and race it the AI fuel levels are set very low at around 6 or 7 litres and they all peel into the pits on the second or third lap. Is there a way to change that? I only run 10 lap races to avoid any need for pit stops but the AI pit almost immediately.Merry christmas,
the 2008 mod is finally out on Race Department ! get it here
View attachment 1415476
View attachment 1415506
View attachment 1415508
To quote the RSS themselves:
Happy Holidays to you all. Introducing the GT-M Protech P92 F6, car number 8 of our GT-M collection of cars and the start of the long-awaited Phase 2 Package. What's more, the Silverstone update you see has been made publicly available for free and features CSP updates to Silverstone including refreshes of the layouts, thanks to JohnR777 and CC from Race Sim Studio.
When I saw you had put it in big bold letters not to install with CM I was like "yeah nobody is going to read that 🤣"View attachment 1415557
I warned everyone, this kitten will die and it will be your fault
View attachment 1415558
Awesome thank you! We need more of the old IndyCar tracks around.Merry Christmas! Here is Sanair Super Speedway which I have converted with Permission from Rfactor.
Download: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/downloads/sanair-super-speedway.7030/
This is Sanair Super Speedway as it appeared in 1984 just like the Rfactor mod its converted from.
Sanair is a .826 mile short track counter to its name it is in fact not a super speedway.
The Track is located in Saint-Pie, Quebec, Canada
It hosted the Molson Indy Montreal from 1984 to 1986.
Winners of the Molson Indy
1984 Danny Sullivan Lola Cosworth
1985 Johnny Rutherford March Cosworth
1986 Bobby Rahal March Cosworth
Track Record
Rick Mears 20.074 Penske PC-15 1986
View attachment 1415559
View attachment 1415560View attachment 1415561
Thank you for this work. Would you have the original download by chance? I'm looking for the version with headlights.For anyone who's thinking of skipping installing the Lola T298 by childa because of it's huge size
(original 7z installer file is 905MB and the unpacked car folder 1.7GB ! )
I made a toned down version, reducing the size considerably without too much compromise.
- removed unneeded files , such as PSD files ,
- reduced size of the bodypaint_map file
- smaller dds file for the mirror colors (on some skins)
- compressed DDS files
- reused bodypaint.dds for the inner wing part
(which is a concession, as some things are then in mirror writing , but this will not be very noticeable)
My installer file is only 116MB and the unpacked car folder is 'only" 709MB instead of 1700MB
(and with compactor the car folder only takes 118MB on disk)
It is well worth it (even the 709MB) , it's an amazing mod imho!
View attachment 1415512
From the download page:First let me say it's a great car, thank you. But when I try and race it the AI fuel levels are set very low at around 6 or 7 litres and they all peel into the pits on the second or third lap. Is there a way to change that? I only run 10 lap races to avoid any need for pit stops but the AI pit almost immediately.
;stop sun ingress around cockpit mesh seams, into footwells etc
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = INT_CARPAINT1, black_glass, body, INT_PLASTIC, rubber_trim ;external bodywork, trim, pillars, dashboard etc
CULL_MODE = DOUBLESIDED
CAST_SHADOWS = 1
DOUBLE_FACE_SHADOW_BIASED = 1
First let me say it's a great car, thank you. But when I try and race it the AI fuel levels are set very low at around 6 or 7 litres and they all peel into the pits on the second or third lap. Is there a way to change that? I only run 10 lap races to avoid any need for pit stops but the AI pit almost immediately.