Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

  • Thread starter Thread starter daan
  • 157,766 comments
  • 51,963,814 views
I think something may have changed that impacted track adjustments, but not sure what. I started getting a microstutter a few seconds in after loading a track (usually a 10 fps drop). Disabling the track adjustments completely has fixed it. As that influences dynamic crowds, do you still have that problem if you disable track adjustments?

I'm also getting something similar to what you're mentioning with grassfx, where I see the grass being generated as I approach it, but likely unrelated.
are you using vr? also noticing a stutter with track adjustments enabled, but only in vr. went back to 0.2.5p1 and its still there, same on default/pure lcs/gamma
but seems odd that i'm only noticing it now, makes me think something else updating might have prompted the issue
 
1. Update your settings, You can increase the quality of the image just like you do when increasing it when looking at a car in cm showroom

2. The flood isn't rendered because it's literally just an empty black space to go with my CM & nothing else. I have absolutely 0 issues rendering floors with CSP enabled in previews.

3. Just sounds like your specific preset isn't made with CSP in mind hence why it does not work properly on your end. I'm going to assume its something like Tavern Modena that is encrypted by the creator cause that is the only reason why CM crashes when generating multiple previews.


Tavern Modena with CSP on an encrypted car works just fine on my end. It crashes when doing 5 previews at once though. Which is the main reason why i dont bother with it.
View attachment 1425335
This is fixed (generating more than 5 previews) since latest CSP. Which CSP version do you use?

@OooAhh Cantona

No issue here.
1738345688938.png
 
Last edited:
Re: encrypted cars, I´ve made several preview sets over the last months, so this is another one (retrolux black) which suits quite well with the black CM theme.

1738346637884.png


No issues here with blurry images or inconsitency reg. the floor.
 
This is fixed (generating more than 5 previews) since latest CSP. Which CSP version do you use?
Latest version, Though i have not touched that specific showroom on the latest version as i prefer the solid black one, But good to know that it's been fixed :cheers:
 
are you using vr? also noticing a stutter with track adjustments enabled, but only in vr. went back to 0.2.5p1 and its still there, same on default/pure lcs/gamma
but seems odd that i'm only noticing it now, makes me think something else updating might have prompted the issue
No, just single screen.
 
Hey guys, running an offline championship using Losail track with Pyyer extension with extra pits and noticed at the start of the race, many cars start on the grid within another car and before the race can start, some cars are being catapulted in the air, thus cannot start the race, almost as if the extra pits wasn't done properly or something. Just curious whether there might be a sneak setting somewhere to stop this from happening? or perhaps reinstalling the track and extension? Using the latest CSP and pure. Appreciate any insight. thx
No problems on my side.

"fn_losail" v1.0 with Pyyer extensions v2.0 (F1 2023, F1 2024, WEC 2024) with 52 pits.
"fn_losail_2021" v1.0 with Pyyer extension v2.0 (F1 2021) with 50 pits.

Maybe you don`t use the latest versions of the tracks or extensions.

If you can't get the latest versions of the tracks or Pyyer extensions, you can edit the ui_track.json of the layout with the problems and reduce the number of pitboxes until it works without crashes.
 
good evening. question for ext_config.ini experts
I want to add lighting masks to the glowing instrument dials.
so.
[CustomEmissive]
Meshes = MISC_1.014
Resolution = 2048, 1024
AreasSubtractive = 1
@ = CustomEmissive_AreaMask, Channel = 1, Start = "1550, 0", Size = "498, 487", CornerRadius = "1.0", Exponent = "0.1"
@ = CustomEmissive_AreaMask, Channel = 2, Start = "1784, 752", Size = "264, 272", CornerRadius = "1.0", Exponent = "0.1"
@ = CustomEmissive_AreaMask, Channel = 3, Start = "1517, 752", Size = "268, 272", CornerRadius = "1.0", Exponent = "0.1"
@ = CustomEmissive_AreaMask, Channel = 4, Start = "1520, 492", Size = "260, 261", CornerRadius = "1.0", Exponent = "0.1"
@ = CustomEmissive_AreaMask, Channel = 5, Start = "1779, 492", Size = "269, 261", CornerRadius = "1.0", Exponent = "0.1"
The first 4 masks work, the last (fifth) one always doesn't work. Even if you swap the lines up and down, it's the last one that doesn't work.
The question is, is there a limit on the number of valid CustomEmissive_AreaMask (4 pcs) or did I write something wrong, which is why the last (5th) line doesn't work?
 
Hi: I am looking for 1967 skins for Piper GTR 2.0
Thanks
Overtake: search mods/assetto corsa series/assetto corsa/skins

 
I have returned.. with even more cars in development. Check them here: sillysauce.gumroad.com

Don't hit me guys.. I've changed since then :lol:

New car has been released!
 
Last edited:
Is anyone else experiencing this at the moment?
Anisotropic filtering remains OFF in AV Video Settings
View attachment 1425294

.... but in NVIDIA Control Panel it keeps reverting to 'Application Controlled' no matter how often I change it to 16x.
This used to be a one-off issue to check for when updating GPU drivers, but it seems like 16x just flat out refuses to save at all now.

View attachment 1425295

Any ideas?
Any chance the ‘automatically optimise’ setting has been set to on either in Nvidia Experience or Nvidia App somewhere along the way? Those ‘optimised’ settings almost always have some strange ideas, and could account for your Nvidia Control Panel settings being changed without your input.
 
Hey everyone, i would like to know, how can i convert a track from GT to Assetto Corsa? I've seen a lot of people doing these mods, but i never find a convertion tool or even a tutorial. Can anyone tell me if this is possible or not? Thank you.
 
Last edited:
Hi,
I have some problem with flickering textures. It wasn't like that before. Everything was sharp and not flickering. It's possible that I changed something in the AC or CSP video settings, but I can't find what broke my game. Has anyone had this happen?

1738358508620.png
 
good evening. question for ext_config.ini experts
I want to add lighting masks to the glowing instrument dials.
so.
[CustomEmissive]
Meshes = MISC_1.014
Resolution = 2048, 1024
AreasSubtractive = 1
@ = CustomEmissive_AreaMask, Channel = 1, Start = "1550, 0", Size = "498, 487", CornerRadius = "1.0", Exponent = "0.1"
@ = CustomEmissive_AreaMask, Channel = 2, Start = "1784, 752", Size = "264, 272", CornerRadius = "1.0", Exponent = "0.1"
@ = CustomEmissive_AreaMask, Channel = 3, Start = "1517, 752", Size = "268, 272", CornerRadius = "1.0", Exponent = "0.1"
@ = CustomEmissive_AreaMask, Channel = 4, Start = "1520, 492", Size = "260, 261", CornerRadius = "1.0", Exponent = "0.1"
@ = CustomEmissive_AreaMask, Channel = 5, Start = "1779, 492", Size = "269, 261", CornerRadius = "1.0", Exponent = "0.1"
The first 4 masks work, the last (fifth) one always doesn't work. Even if you swap the lines up and down, it's the last one that doesn't work.
The question is, is there a limit on the number of valid CustomEmissive_AreaMask (4 pcs) or did I write something wrong, which is why the last (5th) line doesn't work?
As far as i know you can only have 4 channels.
 
As far as i know you can only have 4 channels.
Technically no, but IF the ext_config apply the emissive on the shader using a texture with 4 channels (which is the basis format), in that case yes I guess it could not apply more.

@alexlockout I guess the idea is to "mask" a full textured mesh so only a small part appears brighten, right ? Geniune question : why the 5 differents masks ?
 
Hi all.

Is it possible to remove the barriers at the start of pit lane on Nemuno-Žiedas. Smaller cars get through ok but larger cars get stuck until they teleport to pit.

I've also noticed that the cars slow down and zig-zag as they cross the start - finish line area. I assume this is an AI line issue?

Other than that, great track with excellent road surface texture ffb.

v0.96 of the track - https://assettocorsamods.net/resources/nemuno-Žiedas.119/updates
 

Attachments

  • Nemuno.png
    Nemuno.png
    378 KB · Views: 17
Released : Audi A4 Quattro Supertouringcar
Author:F302
3D Model Car:RRRE,KW Studios
Texture Update : F302 (rework)
Skins: RRRE,KW Studios,StoffleWaffle
Driver Animation :Masscot
3d work: F302
hope u enjoy the Car
ps : send feedback ,bugs ,missing things
tested on 0.2.6-preview1
PP filer _PURELIFEEVO
have fun!
To install, move folders to "...\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa" or simply
drag'n'drop archive to Content Manager


View attachment 1423689
Finally tested this car. Are the tyres correct? CM shows an "F" match. Should the ideal data show "A" match?

audi_a4_stw_tyres.jpg


I can go into tyres.ini and change the radius from 0.325 to 0.305 to get the 255/20/R18 match. But then there is a "setup invalid" error after loading the car to drive, and the game does not allow me to drive the car.
 

Additional Layouts For Algarve 2023 (LuisB) 2.3​

[/URL]

original track required:

Algarve Portimao 2023​


unzip the archive into a folder:
Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks
Thanks for these @LaChub, your additional layouts are always most welcome.
I've only just noticed that you also keep the original preview background image backed up in the folder too, so we can revert if we want to - thanks for that.
 
Finally tested this car. Are the tyres correct? CM shows an "F" match. Should the ideal data show "A" match?

View attachment 1425446

I can go into tyres.ini and change the radius from 0.325 to 0.305 to get the 255/20/R18 match. But then there is a "setup invalid" error after loading the car to drive, and the game does not allow me to drive the car.
you better don´t take a look on where the fuel tank is located...
 
Needing help gathering an accurate F1 1975 grid. I know about Bazza's cars but it has the Tyrrell P34 and that one was not used till 76. I need the Tyrrell 007 which competed in 75.
AFAIK there's one in one of Simdream's packs 🤮 and another one I've found but this 007 is causing all type of errors with the tyres and has no lods.
Do you know if is there a decent Tyrrell 007 somewhere?

Edit: I found a Tyrrell skin for the Ferrari 312T. I think I'm going that way by now
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back