Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

  • Thread starter Thread starter daan
  • 157,790 comments
  • 52,041,230 views
True, true. It is not easy to put malicious code in transparent environment. And I believe this did not happen that often. Its just I already see that public is getting nervous and searching for a bad code everywhere. So it worries me, in a way that lua will offer for Assetto some bright future, but current situation may harm it.
 
Here is a pretty interesting recent release.

The Gran Turismo 4 Test Track for Assetto Corsa. It has working AI but no track cameras.

 
Last edited:

Hi friends !

I just made a important update for DumbAI app which is now in version 1.1.

For those that don't know the app, it provides new AI race strategies for single user races. To do so, I have completely rewritten the fuel and tyre management system of AC/CSP from scratch. DumbAI also makes some small adjustments to the AI behavior of AC/CSP during races to try to enhance realism, like Blue Flag behavior or the possibility for AI to run out of fuel.

The app is based on the choices you make for a default tyre compound for the race and some kind of rules for the race. Before starting the race, it will then automatically compute a fuel & tyre strategy according to this choice and the kind of race rules you chose.

Alternate choices can be generated for each bot which leads to diversity of strategies in the race, taking into account the qualifying results.

There is a load/save settings system so that you can design you own strategies once for all.

The app works only with CSP 0.3.0preview212 with no encrypted cars.

While I'm happy to have released this new version, please keep in mind that the app is now worth of 1300+ lines of code , hence the debug, especially in the AC/CSP context, is some kind of challenge and I lack a bit of free time now.

So I will be very happy if you notice some strange/wrong behavior and report them in the DumbAI dedicated thread. And if you like the app, don't hesitate as well to shoot a message there , this is not mandatory but it still always makes everyone happy :)
 
Does anyone have an addon to add DRS zones to:

  • Prague by ДЯДЯ ДИМА - Interestingly, this one does have detection zones, but no actual DRS zones.
  • Deep Forest Speedway by Aoitori
  • Paris by Calimero 0euf (Preferrably Eiffel circuit, but i'm not picky)
  • London Street Circuit by Nobody
  • Barcelona Street Circuit by Liquidskyman
  • Chicago Street Circuit by Reboot Team
  • Trial Mountain (trialmountain)
  • Rio De Janeiro by Escort3905 - This one also has only detection zones, at least on the national layout.
  • Autódromo Oscar Alfredo Gálvez by H22 (Preferrably layout 8, GT Circuit)
 
A request please, is there a version of classic Wigram Airfield, a convert from GPL or somewhere, it's a great little track, racing around the hangers... I've looked at the listing, there maybe one, but I've searched and come up short.
 
Does anyone have an addon to add DRS zones to:

  • Prague by ДЯДЯ ДИМА - Interestingly, this one does have detection zones, but no actual DRS zones.
  • Deep Forest Speedway by Aoitori
  • Paris by Calimero 0euf (Preferrably Eiffel circuit, but i'm not picky)
  • London Street Circuit by Nobody
  • Barcelona Street Circuit by Liquidskyman
  • Chicago Street Circuit by Reboot Team
  • Trial Mountain (trialmountain)
  • Rio De Janeiro by Escort3905 - This one also has only detection zones, at least on the national layout.
  • Autódromo Oscar Alfredo Gálvez by H22 (Preferrably layout 8, GT Circuit)
You can make the zones yourself using csp's native drs zones app. You click the buttons to create your detection and activation points as you drive.
It creates a drs_zones.ini.candidate file in the tracks data folder. Rename it to save.

You can also use the track decorations lua app by leBluem to get painted lines, I cannot recall if it has drs markers too.
Make your own custom layout and redistribute the files.
 
Last edited:
I don't think I ever noticed this before. Why is the tire pressure showing negative numbers? Does that mean it's that much negative to the original psi number? This is on the RSS Mercer V8 at Bathurst by the way but I don't think it would matter.

 
You can make the zones yourself using csp's native drs zones app. You click the buttons to create your detection and activation points as you drive.
It creates a drs_zones.ini.candidate file in the tracks data folder. Rename it to save.

You can also use the track decorations lua app by leBluem to get painted lines, I cannot recall if it has drs markers too.
Make your own custom layout and redistribute the files.
I don't seem to have a DRS app, I definitely have CSP installed, though.
 
Honda Civic (EK) N1 Spec

Screenshot_civic_ek9_n1_ddm_gts_tsukuba_4-4-124-22-7-18.webp


DOWNLOAD


More than 40 years ago, the popular "One Make Race" presented by Honda was created. This race was based on a simple idea, to seek maximum participation by using a popular FF (Front Wheel Drive) car with the intention of encouraging locals to try car racing. Due to the low cost of purchase and modification of the Civic, this competition was a success. This event raised high interest among fans, performance shops and even popular riders of the time.

N1-Class.
-Max. Tire size 195/50/15.
-Maximum displacement 1600cc VTEC (B16A/B16B).
-Prohibited modifications that affect the displacement.
-Transmission ratio 4.4 or 4.785.

Credits:
3D: 101 Creative @petercrill
Physics Edit: Graveltrap
LODS: @Masscot
Original Physics: Unknown
UI Text: RacingSpirits.net
 
Last edited:
Another monthly update to the skin archive

Loads of more skins added. I think like... at least 500+? Could be less could be more, Idk how to check without sitting and counting each individual line each and i'm not doing that lol.
Anyways same as usual Link to the archive

Also thanks to everyone that has used the comment feature to let me know of missing skins, or in some cases entries that i have glossed over! Please continue doing that as it helps a lot and makes this whole process quicker!
 
Does anyone know how to improve water reflections by eliminating those annoying artifacts?
I've tried various reflection settings in CSP, but to no avail. 😣
Thanks

Senza titolo-1.webp
 
Another monthly update to the skin archive

Loads of more skins added. I think like... at least 500+? Could be less could be more, Idk how to check without sitting and counting each individual line each and i'm not doing that lol.
Anyways same as usual Link to the archive

Also thanks to everyone that has used the comment feature to let me know of missing skins, or in some cases entries that i have glossed over! Please continue doing that as it helps a lot and makes this whole process quicker!
I've added more comments to some of the past series like DRM, BPR and BTCC (for supertourers)
 
SB1
Thank you!
Since you are converting FH5 cars are you planning to make S211 E55 AMG?

I started getting back into AC last year when it became clear Forza Motorsport was dying off, and the modding scene seems a lot more thorough and eclectic than I remember, even if the endless drift variations of the same ten cars are getting to be a bit much. But now, even with so many good-to-great conversions out there, there are still a few Horizon 5 cars I've been holding out for, and I'm worried nobody's going to bother unless someone requests them. Even though I'm not a hardcore No Replacement for Displacement oldhead, I'm still waiting for the AMC Rebel Machine, '66 Oldsmobile Toronado, some of the Hoonigan models (especially the '55 Bel Air and Napalm Nova), the Mercury Cyclone Spoiler, or '68 Barracuda (street model, not the Super Stock). AC is pretty set for a lot of classic niches already, from vintage touring and sports to '80s and '90s JDM, so the more mods fill out the already-exhaustive span of possibilities, the more the omissions stand out to me.

But then again nobody's even bothered to put together a good street or race spec of an actual LHD Datsun 240Z yet (no, the RHD JDM Fairlady Z with SCCA liveries doesn't count), so this might just be one of those situations where I'm better off learning how to do some of this myself instead of keeping my fingers crossed that there's someone else out there as into certain kinds of old cars as I am. Just need to find the time.
 
Reworked external lights for Honda Civic (EK) N1 Spec from a few posts above.

Headlights have only have high beams or low beams, can't make it work properly, can't find what is wrong.

Copy and replace files manualy.

Screenshot_civic_ek9_n1_ddm_gts_tsukuba_22-1-126-18-30-58.webpScreenshot_civic_ek9_n1_ddm_gts_tsukuba_22-1-126-18-32-1.webp

Frankly GT conversions from 101 Creative are very poor at least 3d model wise. Example is this model. Why they don't use original textures when converting? Not to mention poorly made booleans and lack of merged vertices which means holes in meshes and bad shading. No hate, just pointing this up.
 

Attachments

A request please, is there a version of classic Wigram Airfield, a convert from GPL or somewhere, it's a great little track, racing around the hangers... I've looked at the listing, there maybe one, but I've searched and come up short.
Have a look here on Breathe's AC TrackList
 

Attachments

  • Wigram.webp
    Wigram.webp
    147.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Have a look here on Breathe's AC TrackList
It seems like a decent mod -- there's RainFX, most of the buildings/hangars look pretty good, and it seems more up-to-standard than a lot of the GPL/RF/GT Legends-era conversions that make up the ranks of vintage circuits. But there's no lighting as far as I can tell, and there's some texture weirdness I haven't seen before with this odd smear effect on the tarmac.

Screenshot_ks_alfa_romeo_gta_tasman_series_wigram_22-1-126-13-14-18.webp
 
Last edited:
smoothing normals "might" help?
Thanks RMi, I tried everything but nothing worked.
That one is one of your converted tracks, Finland Trail Blazer, but I have the problem with the bodies of water with all the tracks. I see that something changes when I adjust EXTRA FX / Local Reflection SSLR, changing the Quality setting, but it never solves the problem; the reflection of the surrounding areas remains "fragmented".
Thanks anyway mate
 
It seems like a decent mod -- there's RainFX, most of the buildings/hangars look pretty good, and it seems more up-to-standard than a lot of the GPL/RF/GT Legends-era conversions that make up the ranks of vintage circuits. But there's no lighting as far as I can tell, and there's some texture weirdness I haven't seen before with this odd smear effect on the tarmac.
Dont knowit looks like this for me, the smear could be the shadow of the banner but not as it should be it seems
 

Attachments

  • Wigram.webp
    Wigram.webp
    137.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Monza 2025-ish (beta 0.99)

MediaFire link: monza_2025_beta

MEGA link: monza_2025_beta

Throwing this out there for anyone to try in the hopes to get a little feedback. I am concerned about flickering on the sponsor banners. I had to fix a lot of them and redo a lot of the uv mapping for the textures. I do not see any but i'm on an old CSP version and don't know if that would make a difference.

Don't let the name fool you. This is not a representation of the track in 2025. It's just a name I picked so I can separate this version from the Kunos version in my CM track list. It is nothing more than all of the mods i've created or downloaded for Monza rolled into one track so I can keep the original Kunos version 'clean'. It is a beta version (about 90% complete) so you can expect to see some obvious mistakes and maybe some poor texture choices. Because it's based on the original Kunos track, you are free to use any mods for that track with this one, such as ai files, track skins, etc. The one thing you can't do is use a mod that will overwrite the ext_config file. That would cause some issues.

Credits:
-- @Masscot for the animated flagmen and balloons
-- Assets used from the monza2022crf version of the track.
-- knicker for the crowd files.
-- @andrevr for the Temple of Speed banner image

While this track is not as confusing as some of my other ones, I still need to explain a few things:

-- There are two layouts, the base layout and a raceday layout that adds sponsor banners in some spots based on a 2025 GT World Challenge video I watched as a reference. The raceday layout is best to use with modern cars because the sponsors wouldn't make much sense for cars 10+ years old. Also, when using the raceday layout, I would suggest enabling the 2025 Raceday track skin to complete the look.
-- There are four 'Years' track skins that will bring back certain buildings and structures to make the track more period accurate. For example, enabling the 2010 (probably should have been named pre-2010) skin will make the track look like the Kunos default version with no structures hidden.
-- For performance reasons, I have the animated flagmen and live jumbotron displays off by default for older computer users. You can turn them on by enabling the appropriate track skin. Plus it's nice to turn them off when driving a practice session.
-- Last thing, there is a huge difference in how bright the crowds look depending on whether you use CSPs 'New spectators rendering method' so you might have to do some adjusting to the ambient and diffuse values in the camera_facing file. I have it setup for my CSP options, but yours may be different.

Have fun and hope to hear from someone on any issues you may see. If not, then i'll just keep plugging along thinking everything is all right.
Sorry for the quick turnaround. It didn't take as long as I thought to do some things. Nothing earth shattering so you may want to skip this update if you don't feel like downloading the track again.

-- Cut off the skid marks from going into the new sand placement at Parabolica for 2023 and 2025.
-- Blend mesh on the seams between textures in Parabolica.
-- Fixed some misaligned uv mapping in the sand areas.
-- Widened the kerb coming out of Ascari to line up against the sand for 2025.

ascari.webp


Now comes the stuff i'v been dreading because I don't know where to begin or even how to do it. I have to widen the curved kerbs in Ascari, extend the kerbs in Lesmo and Ascari and widen Variante del Rettifilo for 2025. Unless I get help, I wouldn't expect another update any time soon.
 
Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back