Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

  • Thread starter Thread starter daan
  • 157,750 comments
  • 51,888,263 views
Gamermuscle rocks!!

I loved it when he met Marco Mazerutto (spell?) of Kunos at some expo and they got very friendly (despite GM previously loathing EVO's force feedback in his many videos).

Then GM tested the game in the expo and released another positive video of EVO (said 0.4 has a lot of potential).

All big influencers praised the update.

Then when it was released and GM finally got to test it on his home rig he completely loathed it again. :D

I love the guy. He is absolutely spot on with his EVO observations (imho). And doesn't want to kiss the manufacturer's butts with useless praise. This is, imho, the only way sim racing goes forward. Give constructive feedback and if the FFB and driving is not good, say it loud and don't care what other people say.

Afterwards a professional GT3 driver complained about the exact same things as GM already pointed out a long time ago. I think GM knows what he's talking about... and generally he's right about iRacing physics too... but I think he's too hard on LMU though, I don't think its FFB is that bad.

I love his channel although I have argued with him several times. Cool character. :)
 
URD Ferrucci 926T v2 on Fenryr Nordschleife. :odd:


some hide meshes in the track which, until taken at a certain amount of speed with a determined angle causes this. I remember something like that on early AC version at Mugello (vanilla version in 2015 or so)...
 
It's been years since I hotlapped vanilla AC Kunos cars on my PS4. My brother now has AC in his PS5 and he plays it with his 12y son.

What are, in your opinion, the best vanilla Kunos cars? Or your favorites?

Lotus 98T and F2004 are of course legendary open wheelers but from the street cars.

From my memory:

Merc 190 EVO (lots of fun)
Nissan GTR Nismo (one of my favs)
All new 911's (pretty much)
Pagani Zonda was pretty cool to drive too

Those drive incredibly well. I just had a few laps at Laguna Seca with the 190 and it is so amazing to drive, so logical and natural and no other sim comes close. I drove my friend's son 190E a few winters ago and how cool it was to oversteer that car without any electronic and driving aids. All slides were so well controllable on the icy Finnish roads... AC really has captured the essence of this car so well.

I really loved Nissan GTR and made some decent times with it on the Nordschleife back in the day. I have tracked old and new 911's in real life and imho old air cooled 911 and RUF physics are exaggerated on AC, imho. Especially the RUF, too little traction.

Too bad vanilla AC didn't have Jaguar XJ220. That was such a fun car to drive on GT7.
 
Trying to improve the foliage look on this Trial Mountain track mod.
Figured I would also share the code here, this is for the Trial Mountain REDUX mod by PieZello.

in ext_config.ini, add those lines:

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1 ; set to 0 to disable the whole section (default value is 1)
MATERIALS = 0walltree4, 0walltree1, 0walltree2, 0walltree3, 0walltree5, 0walltree6, 0walltree7, 0walltree8, 0walltree9, 1wall_tree_2d_wall1, 1wall_tree_2d_wall2
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.05
PROP_... = ksAmbient, 0.2
PROP_... = ksSpecular, 0

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1 ; set to 0 to disable the whole section (default value is 1)
MATERIALS = 2grass, 1grassgravel, 1grass
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.15
PROP_... = ksAmbient, 0.2
PROP_... = ksSpecular, 0

I'm pretty sure better results could be achieved, but I'm happy with it so far.
 
... What are, in your opinion, the best vanilla Kunos cars? Or your favorites?...
In no particular order: Lotus 3-Eleven, KTM X-Bow R, Ferrari 488 GT3, Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017 and Abarth 500 EsseEsse, which is one of my cars in real life (or almost, because mine is the 2018 version) and the reason I chose Assetto Corsa among the sim games available on the market.
 
Does anyone know how to implement pitlane speed limits for tracks? I've just done an endurance race round Kameno by Doublezero and the AI came in full clip, smashed into the barrier, did their stop and then reached the start finish line and disappeared and went back to their pit stall. I was going to try and see if sticking a speed limit on that section of track might help the AI. I think it totally confuses the RSS air jack system too (I just wanted to see what a modern car round that circuit would be like!).
 
Does anyone know how to implement pitlane speed limits for tracks? I've just done an endurance race round Kameno by Doublezero and the AI came in full clip, smashed into the barrier, did their stop and then reached the start finish line and disappeared and went back to their pit stall. I was going to try and see if sticking a speed limit on that section of track might help the AI. I think it totally confuses the RSS air jack system too (I just wanted to see what a modern car round that circuit would be like!).
Most likely the pit has no definition in surfaces.ini

something like:
[SURFACE_1]
KEY=PIT
FRICTION=0.97
DAMPING=0
WAV=
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=NULL
DIRT_ADDITIVE=0
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
IS_VALID_TRACK=1
SIN_HEIGHT=0
SIN_LENGTH=0
IS_PITLANE=1
VIBRATION_GAIN=0
VIBRATION_LENGTH=0

KEY = some mesh prefix like 1PIT_foo or 1PITS_bar etc
 
Most likely the pit has no definition in surfaces.ini

something like:
[SURFACE_1]
KEY=PIT
FRICTION=0.97
DAMPING=0
WAV=
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=NULL
DIRT_ADDITIVE=0
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
IS_VALID_TRACK=1
SIN_HEIGHT=0
SIN_LENGTH=0
IS_PITLANE=1
VIBRATION_GAIN=0
VIBRATION_LENGTH=0

KEY = some mesh prefix like 1PIT_foo or 1PITS_bar etc
No I've checked that. Proper head scratcher! Oh well, thanks for the help.
 
Just buy the VRC car instead. It's like $3-5 and worth every penny.
Wooow, You are indeed very right on this, it’s definitely a good car mod. 👍
One thing that’s is why VR users do haven an different approach about quality. Dit you notice the safety (woven) belt is not fitted to the metal connectors, there is a separation thats clearly to see in VR 3D mode and I guess not in the monitor.
 
Last edited:
Does anyone know how to implement pitlane speed limits for tracks? I've just done an endurance race round Kameno by Doublezero and the AI came in full clip, smashed into the barrier, did their stop and then reached the start finish line and disappeared and went back to their pit stall. I was going to try and see if sticking a speed limit on that section of track might help the AI. I think it totally confuses the RSS air jack system too (I just wanted to see what a modern car round that circuit would be like!).
The issue is caused by the pit lane mesh which is shifted to the left (about half width) and the track mesh is were the pit lane mesh should be
 
Last edited:
I loved it when he met Marco Mazerutto (spell?) of Kunos at some expo and they got very friendly (despite GM previously loathing EVO's force feedback in his many videos).

Then GM tested the game in the expo and released another positive video of EVO (said 0.4 has a lot of potential).

All big influencers praised the update.

Then when it was released and GM finally got to test it on his home rig he completely loathed it again. :D

I love the guy. He is absolutely spot on with his EVO observations (imho). And doesn't want to kiss the manufacturer's butts with useless praise. This is, imho, the only way sim racing goes forward. Give constructive feedback and if the FFB and driving is not good, say it loud and don't care what other people say.

Afterwards a professional GT3 driver complained about the exact same things as GM already pointed out a long time ago. I think GM knows what he's talking about... and generally he's right about iRacing physics too... but I think he's too hard on LMU though, I don't think its FFB is that bad.

I love his channel although I have argued with him several times. Cool character. :)
I agree to that!
 
The issue is caused by the pit lane mesh which is shifted to the left (about half width) and the track mesh is were the pit lane mesh should be
I'm guessing that was most likely intentional then?
 
Elemental RP1 2019 + Aero Public Release!!
Download:https://www.mediafire.com/file/k5iy4nucwxigbac/rp1_elemental_19_plus_aero_101creative.rar/file
Converted From FH5
-AO inside and out
-Realistic Dashboard
-Physics
-CSP Settings
-Driver Animation
-Panoramic session Start config Daniel Nogal


__custom_showroom_1771631385.webp__custom_showroom_1771631381.webp__custom_showroom_1771631377.webp__custom_showroom_1771631363.webp__custom_showroom_1771631357.webp__custom_showroom_1771631346.webp__custom_showroom_1771631339.webp__custom_showroom_1771631329.webp__custom_showroom_1771631319.webp__custom_showroom_1771631314.webp__custom_showroom_1771631306.webp__custom_showroom_1771631303.webp__custom_showroom_1771631298.webp__custom_showroom_1771631291.webp
 
Hi, does anyone happen to own the Alfa Romeo 75 Gr.A (not DTM) from AssettoCorsaRacer (ACR)? It's no longer on their Facebook page. Th
Yes on My Patreon Page its free to Join we have made a ATCC Version
Aussie Big Bangers and ATCC 1960 to 1992
patreon.com/aussiebigbangers
 
Last edited:
Hi all!

I downloaded a car mod and in the screen.lua file i found this line...
Is this safe or suspicious?

Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_51.webp
    Screenshot_51.webp
    16.8 KB · Views: 10
Is it me or is the Lotus 97T from ASR stupidly powerful and ultra grippy ? It just seems too good and planted for a mid-80s turbo car...
 
Hi all!

I downloaded a car mod and in the screen.lua file i found this line...
Is this safe or suspicious?

Thanks!
Hi. I know its better safe than sorry. But no need to panic over any line of code. Ilja mentioned in his patreon post, that lua files within car, only can access assetto folders, and only apps can execute files outside of it, but this does not mean all apps are not safe.
 
Last edited:
the ac.getFolder() command just return the preset folder paths from CSP:

View attachment 1514977

So in this case it just loads a certain setting from the assists.ini
This command is an easy way to get a certain AC settings or data folder.

The only thing you should look for suspicious things if you see a "os.xxxxx" or esp. "io.xxxxx" calls.
Then something tries to access Windows system functions. But also this is not suspicious at all. Like if you load or write files, you must use this functions. But then again it relies to the logic or functionality why this commands are called.
Like this is a function to save a file:
View attachment 1514978

But also then again it matters where and what file is writing it.


You can write scripts with lua or python to delete your AC settings or AC root folder. But also any other app on your PC could do this.
It is like with everything. Maybe only use things from trusted persons and avoid people you don't know, even they have the supreme special ultra mega best car or track mod on this planet...
mostly solid advice here, "os.xxxxx" or esp. "io.xxxxx" calls are "on the money"
all files/folders can be read/write/execute from the target system

Its probably wise to not take this topic too far in public.
 
Another fun CSP mystery!! :confused:
Been lapping the '58 Holden FC for a good 10 laps at Bathurst and Nordschleife with no problem at all.
I pick another track and then the car is not there anymore!! :scared:
Load fin into CM Showroom, Kunos Showroom. I can update preview just fine but no car when the track load up!
Any track will do the same. tried reverting to an older CSP version but then the game just crash before loading.

Any other car work just fine...

CSP 0.3.0p212
PURE 3.15

1771682845456.webpScreenshot_atcc_56-60_pre_aj_holden_fc_special_rt_bathurst_21-1-126-9-6-8.webp

Anyone ever had this happen?? HELP !! 😭
 
Hi, can you please tell me why my headlights are on the bumper?
1.webp


and in the screenshot they are closed
2.webp

mod rss_gtm_mercer_v8
 
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back