Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,132 comments
I'd say it's a shame the guy behind CM and CSP appears to be catering to the encryption crowd. He's the one person that could put a stop to it overnight, simply make all future versions of CM and CSP crash when launching any encrypted content and it would kill this stupidity instantly.
would really love to see something like this.

@Clubber_Lang try these LOD's for Dan's Porsche:

https://mega.nz/#!MVoBCQJY!JgURv51APH8Ayky6ic-BSe_wAQH22eWgJg_OdVHjIEA

They aren't great quality, certainly not good enough to be released with a car but they may just improve you FPS a bit. Combine that with choosing "plain" skins and you may be able to run a larger grid. It's worth a shot anyway :cheers:
Don´t forget to unpack data.acd with CM first and overwrite the lod.ini with the one from @norms. And even better to rename data.acd after unpacking to data_orig.acd or move to a backup folder. Otherwise it don´t change anything. ;)
But I didn´t tested it yet. :lol:

Don´t forget to unpack data.acd with CM first and overwrite the lod.ini with the one from @norms. And even better to rename data.acd after unpacking to data_orig.acd or move to a backup folder. Otherwise it don´t change anything. ;)
But I didn´t tested it yet. :lol:
Oops thanks for pointing that out! I should have stated that :embarrassed:

Aston Martin DB4GT Zagato 1960-1963
by Velo (with kind permission of Francisco Bort)

PLEASE NOTE: This is a very high poly model and may not be conducive for operation with large starting grids or multiple cars on track.

View attachment 881973

https://velosmodsworkshop.com.mx/aston%20martin.html

Edit: high poly model seems to be only for the bodywork. The dash and steering wheel look rather (very) low poly... :indiff: ---> to the bin it goes.

Sorry to intrude, all here masters in criticizing the work of others, ( but why don’t you start doing certain things and then see the results ) maybe a THANK YOU HAVE TRIED AND a bath of humility wouldn’t hurt,you master here, excuse the outburst and interference

Screenshot_f1_1996_williams_magny_cours_1993_16-1-120-14-37-1.png

Screenshot_f1_1996_williams_magny_cours_1993_16-1-120-14-36-45.png

Screenshot_f1_1996_williams_magny_cours_1993_16-1-120-14-37-43.png

Sorry to intrude, all here masters in criticizing the work of others, ( but why don’t you start doing certain things and then see the results ) maybe a THANK YOU HAVE TRIED AND a bath of humility wouldn’t hurt,you master here, excuse the outburst and interference
Uhh..what ?
I'm not sure I understand correctly, but if so:

- The THANK YOU would be the fact that I'm posting this here (including the link to Paul's site).
- I don't know zip about modding, so I'm not allowed to criticize ?
- Velo states it's a high poly model, can very well be, but the cockpit looks like crap, that's my opinion (you are entitled to yours of course) and that's what I wrote in my edit. Now people that like nice interiors are warned.
- Bath of humility ? Did you have a bad night or so ?

Got of the bed on the wrong side?
You are mistaking criticism for a quick review. We are among friends here, in this group we are all grateful for any mod and modder sharing his work but we also appreciate a fair warning on issues we see so other can better decide what to do about the mod.

I think you'll find he is perfectly in find saying he downloaded a mod but deleted it due to the cockpit not being up scratch for his tates.
He isn't stopping anyone else liking it if they can live with it....
An opinion is OK is it not?

*edit sorry i was so annoyed by this post i didn't take time to scroll down to see others had responded.

Uhh..what ?
I'm not sure I understand correctly, but if so:

- The THANK YOU would be the fact that I'm posting this here (including the link to Paul's site).
- I don't know zip about modding, so I'm not allowed to criticize ?
- Velo states it's a high poly model, can very well be, but the cockpit looks like crap, that's my opinion (you are entitled to yours of course) and that's what I wrote in my edit. Now people that like nice interiors are warned.
- Bath of humility ? Did you have a bad night or so ?

You wouldn't post anything here from Paul's site if you were aware of what Paul has posted and then deleted from his FB page about the people from this forum. I'll only say he is not a fan.

He does not react well to constructive criticism of any kind and certainly doesn't learn or improve from it. It gets old and it's hard to be thankful for the same problematic mods getting released again, and again, and again, and again, and...

You wouldn't post anything here from Paul's site if you were aware of what Paul has posted and then deleted from his FB page about the people from this forum. I'll only say he is not a fan.

He does not react well to constructive criticism of any kind and certainly doesn't learn or improve from it. It gets old and it's hard to be thankful for the same problematic mods getting released again, and again, and again, and again, and...
Ah, thanks for the heads up. I'm not on FB, so it's good to know.

Here's another update of our R30 Skyline Super Silhouette, this time Thuakien Lu fixed some bolt textures around the car body (still not for the interior ones yet sadly), changed rims, lit up the cockpit indicators and added a TOMICA logo on the front bumper, now it defenitely looks better than before, hope that someone can improve it even more and make it close to the real life one which raced in the 80s
custom_showroom_1579091283.jpg

custom_showroom_1579090725.jpg

custom_showroom_1579090617.jpg

custom_showroom_1579090369.jpg

https://mega.nz/#!RKQ2EIoK!Yug2Fn7fbvgbctWbGXp2aeetxbpffCyp1xJLoaN6sL0

In Assetto Corsa Warehouse, or elsewhere?
I must admit I can't remember ever seeing anything derogatory written about GTP members on there - can you remember any specific examples, or who here (if anyone) was specifically targeted?

I don't think I'll ever understand the underlying hostility that exists between some groups and individuals in the AC modding scene. Some people seem to attach far too much value and importance to their 'creations', often encouraged by teams of gormless sycophants clinging to their shirt-tails. It's hilarious really.
(note for clarity: this comment isn't aimed at Paul/Velo)

Last edited:

I sent emails to Paul a few times about bugs/faults in his mods. He was nice every time.
I don't know about his opinions on GTP but I believe he'd like here if he did spend a few days. I don't like AC modding community being so competitive/unfriendly.

Have you tried it yourself?
Not only is it garbage, it doesn 't work yet. Problems with sounds, skins, crash at launch.

...with apologies in advance for the godawful drum 'n' bass soundtrack. Why on earth do YouTubers do this to their videos and think it's a good idea..?

The music and video gives pre-Underground NFS vibes. At least we've come a long way since LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR!!!

In Assetto Corsa Warehouse, or elsewhere?
I must admit I can't remember ever seeing anything derogatory written about GTP members on there - can you remember any specific examples, or who here (if anyone) was specifically targeted?

I don't think I'll ever understand the underlying hostility that exists between some groups and individuals in the AC modding scene. Some people seem to attach far too much value and importance to their 'creations', often encouraged by teams of gormless sycophants clinging to their shirt-tails. It's hilarious really.

I shouldn't have said members, it was directed at the forum. I remember he called us trolls and I can't remember what else. It just really bothered me because all we do here is promote and discuss mods and try to come up with solutions to improve/fix them. Too bad some modders ego's get in the way and they can't realize that.

Edit, It was from this FB page

Velos Mods Workshop
1 hr ·
NOTE:
Seems I don't take constructive criticism well from the guys at GT Planet. In fact I do, but I also don't have to believe they are right all the time. Like all forums they have one or two folk that think they know how the 'feel' of a car should be probably without seeing or even driving the real thing. As for the Aston Martin not having a good dashboard and instruments plus steering wheel....I agree. But then I only have what I was given to work with (in that case). I did consider taking the cockpit from a Forza car to replace it, but as I am doing the Forza version as well there was no point. So perhaps whoever reports back to GT Planet can relay my thoughts and state the real case that I do take note of what is said and make adjustments if a agree...and yes GT Planet has one or two trolls who do not make constructive comments. I see modding as a continuous learning cycle and I have had good teachers...…...but compared to my tutors who have been modding since the late ninties I am young at this game and 'constructive' comments are always helpful....better than no comment at all.

Last edited:
View attachment 881975
about double numberplates and previews:
【Don't worry about the double numberplates in showroom!!!】
I've given four versions kn5 In the folder called preview kn5 Including
2018 sprint(18_std.kn5) 、2018 endurance(18_end.kn5)、 2019 sprint(19_std.kn5) 、2019 endurance(19_end.kn5)
These files are 【only】for you to make previews

You can rename and replace the original kn5,after making previews.Don'tget to change to the original kn5
Or you can create new folder in content/cars,Whatever the name.Then put the kn5 you need to make a preview into the folder

ext_config.ini in skins can help you to show or hide numberplate(a or b) in game,Don't care about showroom
View attachment 881976 View attachment 881977
We have opened the discord server
https://discord.gg/ztX2AFK
welcome

Hi ELEMENT 1999, I notice may be a bug with the Lexus, the window mesh is not fixed, And when I take corners, this moves around the cockpit, This appears in the Pilot view

Velos Mods Workshop
1 hr ·
NOTE:
Seems I don't take constructive criticism well from the guys at GT Planet. In fact I do, but I also don't have to believe they are right all the time. Like all forums they have one or two folk that think they know how the 'feel' of a car should be probably without seeing or even driving the real thing. As for the Aston Martin not having a good dashboard and instruments plus steering wheel....I agree. But then I only have what I was given to work with (in that case). I did consider taking the cockpit from a Forza car to replace it, but as I am doing the Forza version as well there was no point. So perhaps whoever reports back to GT Planet can relay my thoughts and state the real case that I do take note of what is said and make adjustments if a agree...and yes GT Planet has one or two trolls who do not make constructive comments. I see modding as a continuous learning cycle and I have had good teachers...…...but compared to my tutors who have been modding since the late ninties I am young at this game and 'constructive' comments are always helpful....better than no comment at all.
This is honestly a good response. I don't see any problem with it. "One or two trolls" comment is okay too. He puts himself out in the open releasing his work. Maybe he got offended with some comments, that's okay really.

Hi ELEMENT 1999, I notice may be a bug with the Lexus, the window mesh is not fixed, And when I take corners, this moves around the cockpit, This appears in the Pilot view
It was asked recently and someone answered with CSP 0.1.30 and above solves it. I'm on 0.1.25 and mesh moves around for me too.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back