Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,268 comments
Can anyone tell me how I can make the "extension" work for any mod out there? Where do I put the extension .ini file? Do I need to change name on that file and how can I change the brightness of the headlights? Changing the original light.ini file only changes the color and not the brightness. Thanks in advance :)

ive been recently having a problem with all the apps that i downloaded not showing up in the in game taskbar even though i have them activated in both cm and the default ingame menu ive deleted the python folder and the ini and restored them by verifying the files but nothing has worked so far

This AssettoPedia group is churning out wonders. Some very interesting cars never seen before, and physics is pretty good (not top tier good, but drivable). I find their facebook page difficult to follow but check out their official website: https://assettopedia.forumfree.it/

BTW, the Honda Civic FK8 posted a couple pages back, why the the hell is it riding on slick tyres? :odd:

Oh and ACU, keep converting those GRID tracks. It's been a few years since I last drove Barcelona but I still memorized all the racing lines and braking points like yesterday. So much fun battles on this track back in GRID 2 & GRID Autosport :D

1552571328.jpg

Loooooooove!!!
M.A.T. New Stratos 2018 :bowdown:

This AssettoPedia group is churning out wonders. Some very interesting cars never seen before, and physics is pretty good (not top tier good, but drivable). I find their facebook page difficult to follow but check out their official website: https://assettopedia.forumfree.it/

BTW, the Honda Civic FK8 posted a couple pages back, why the the hell is it riding on slick tyres? :odd:

Oh and ACU, keep converting those GRID tracks. It's been a few years since I last drove Barcelona but I still memorized all the racing lines and braking points like yesterday. So much fun battles on this track back in GRID 2 & GRID Autosport :D
It’ll be very unlikely but I hope ACU find a way to port tracks from Gran Turismo 6 as I miss some of those tracks dearly like Midfield Raceway, a more modern realistic Trial Mountain and all of those street circuits in places like London and Rome.

That being said I hope we start to see more ports of vehicles from GT6 as well, especially the premium stuff as some of those cars I’ve not seen in any other sim. Hell if someone updated the models and interiors for the standards cars in GT that’d be awesome, like the RTM Chevrolet Camaro LM Race Car. It would help me in slowly turning AC more and more into Gran Turismo

Agree with the assessment on RRRE however. They should just package all tracks and cars in one game, sell it at a normal price for an AAA title

They already do, you can get all the content in the game in one lump purchase for about $60-65 USD. So many of the opinions about R3E are based on years old information, the game has changed a ton in the last couple years, with some pretty mega changes on the horizon that will make it one of the most complete games on the market. Looks like after all this is implemented, about the only thing it will be missing is 24hour time cycle and weather.

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/raceroom-racing-experience-development-news.166147/

I'm 95% sure the models are ripped from the GTR2 "Super Touring World" mod. The skins are some of the most artifact-riddled I've seen in a mod this recent.

Hi, I don't know where they copied it from. I thought I'd share it with you.

On the forum from where I downloaded the mod, I wrote how ugly it is. Someone who seems to be well informed answered:

"""""Yes, they are ugly, because the base of the model is from F1Challenge!! Some cars from 92 is an addon for F1CH BTCC93-94 mod. Later it was converted to Rfactor.
AndreasFSC and his friends, made better models and skins for the "post1995" supertouring cars mod for Race07 and update a bit that old F1CH mod to Race07.

I think SimDream converted that Race07 mod to Assetto.""""

Don't know if this info is correct, just leaving it here.

What I can say is that the mod is really crappy and a decade behind the actual standards. When I played TOCA 1 and 2 in the late 9ties I would have found them well made, but now... removed it really fast.

On the forum from where I downloaded the mod, I wrote how ugly it is. Someone who seems to be well informed answered:

"""""Yes, they are ugly, because the base of the model is from F1Challenge!! Some cars from 92 is an addon for F1CH BTCC93-94 mod. Later it was converted to Rfactor.
AndreasFSC and his friends, made better models and skins for the "post1995" supertouring cars mod for Race07 and update a bit that old F1CH mod to Race07.

I think SimDream converted that Race07 mod to Assetto.""""

Don't know if this info is correct, just leaving it here.

What I can say is that the mod is really crappy and a decade behind the actual standards. When I played TOCA 1 and 2 in the late 9ties I would have found them well made, but now... removed it really fast.
Don't be so quick to judge, mate - this is one of those mods that looks like ***** but is quite a lot of fun to race in.

Don't be so quick to judge, mate - this is one of those mods that looks like ***** but is quite a lot of fun to race in.

I know, but I am at a point that I have plenty of good looking cars that are also a lot of fun. Keeping only the very best (imo) I still have 158 cars installed ;)

I mean, just compare these .... to Patrik Marek's Nissan Primera BTCC 1999...:D

Last edited:
I know, but I am at a point that I have plenty of good looking cars that are also a lot of fun. Keeping only the very best (imo) I still have 158 cars installed ;)

I mean, just compare these .... to Patrik Marek's Nissan Primera BTCC 1999...:D
Oh absolutely - these are only a stop-gap until the rest of the Marek's BTCC fleet are out...

Oh absolutely - these are only a stop-gap until the rest of the Marek's BTCC fleet are out...
Right. In the meantime I am using the BTCC 1998 skin pack from 'vinossss', that gives me the impression it's a field of all different BTCC cars (Audi, Renault, Peugeot etc...) It's not the real cars, but the liveries make the Nissan look like them... :D
Positive point: it's the same car, same specs, so fun is guaranteed.

Hello all, first time poster here. I just joined to say thank you to @delpinsky for your work on the FT-1 Vision GT and the LC500 GT500. Saw them released on the AC car mods Facebook page and I've been driving them non-stop ever since! I'm especially enjoying the Lexus as it's so nice to finally have a completed GT500 grid. My only question is whether it's possible for you to add a flashing light function to the cars, or alternatively can someone with modding experience advise me on how to add the light flash function to cars? These cars are loads of fun to drive at night and the experience isn't quite complete without being able to furiously flash your lights at slower cars in front of you :D

But anyway, I'm absolutely loving both of these cars as well as a couple other gems I've found in here, and I'm looking forward to what all you talented folks release next!

@MrShakedown86
First of all: grazie a te! 👍

I've updated both mods in the best way I could, for my actual (very small) knowledge of AC modding.
About flashlight function, I'll see what I can do about it. It should be just a matter of adding some lines in the car config file in the extension folder.

Toyota FT-1 Vision GT GR.3 Visual Update V1.1 by delpinsky :D

acs-2019-03-28-23-29-32.png

— Working wiper
— KsWindscreen glass
— Rain effect on glass (now working properly!)
— Damage glass
— Cockpit internal light for night racing
— LCD light for night racing
— LODs added

Extract "toyota_ft-1_vision_gt_gr3" into assettocorsa\content\cars\
Extract "extension" into assettocorsa\

If you find any issue related to the visual aspect of the car, let me know and I'll try to fix it.

Visual Update V1.1, Enjoy! :gtpflag:
Download
Toyota FT-1 Vision GT GR.3 Visual Update V1.1
— working flashing lights

Last edited:
Lexus LC500 GT500 RC-F Visual Update V1.1 by delpinsky :D

View attachment 810843

— Working wiper
— KsWindscreen glass
— Rain effect on glass
— Damage glass
— Cockpit internal light for night racing
— LCD light for night racing
— LODs added
— Default gears in setup menu fixed. No more 185km/h max speed
— Totalmass fixed. Added missing driver weight

Extract "lexus_lc500_gt500_rcf" into assettocorsa\content\cars\
Extract "extension" into assettocorsa\

If you find any issue related to the visual aspect of the car, let me know and I'll try to fix it.

Visual Update V1.1, Enjoy! :gtpflag:
Download
Lexus LC500 GT500 RC-F Visual Update V1.1
— working flashing lights

Last night I updated SOL and all accompanying files to the newest versions, all good. I still can't get night time in my server. Anyone know how to make this work? I know it's possible because it's worked in my buddy's server over the last couple weeks.

Edit: Nevermind, I found it. You have to set the time through the WeatherFX panel and not through the Conditions setting.

https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...ce-24-hours-of-spa-race-in-30-minutes.164911/

Last edited:
Just gave that a try.
I believe it must be using "The Force"... :scared: :lol:

In stock settings, it is a whopping 7" faster around Okutama Grand compared the other LMP1 cars (Toyota, Audi, Porsche), while the three latter reach almost the exact same laptimes... :odd:
something to work on then i guess.
Even though, the Porsche 2016 and the URD Audi are also superfast compared to the Toyota TS040 and R18 2014.

i already made a template, looking into some skins, but somehow SMP is able to take endless amount of photos of their car without showing anything lol.

something to work on then i guess.
Even though, the Porsche 2016 and the URD Audi are also superfast compared to the Toyota TS040 and R18 2014.

i already made a template, looking into some skins, but somehow SMP is able to take endless amount of photos of their car without showing anything lol.
That's a good metaphor for the SMP BR1 in general right there. It's there and we can see it and it races but at the same time it does nothing :lol::lol:

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back