Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,812 comments
The respect for your work is great by me and all the others who had your car way before my rework.
I tried to improve the car, as I did already with many other mods, respecting the credits of the people who converted the cars (read the readme file), because nobody here can claim any copyright on the cars, since they are all "ripped" "converted" from other games and never created from scratch.
I don't even touch the physics in the cars I rework, I just add what's missing, to make the car on par with CSP.
As for the link removed, believe it or not, I forgot to remove it, considering me and Maki already removed the link of the WTCR2018.
In any case Tommy78 claims his "copyright" on some of the cars of your WTCR2018 mod, plus Shaun Clarke himself, told me the physics are a copy/paste from his Seat Leon... In fact, in the WTCR mod I reworked also the "collider" file, which was a copy paste in all the cars, exactly the same of the Seat Leon. And you told me you spent 800€ to for the 3D model of the cars...

To avoid any kind of flame, I won't reply anymore to this kind of topic.
Last thing I say, and people here knows is well, the reworks I do is for the sake of simracing community, so every mod out there can improve and reach some standards.
Maybe adding internal glass, damage glass, lumirank, and working wipers and stuff like that, is nothing compared to converting a car from another platform (although it's not so), but converting a car from another platform doesn't make you better than me that try to fix a mod.

I respect your work and my readme files prove it.
I can even delete the link of the M8 now, but people got it already from the very beginning, so it's a bit pointless. But I will do.

p.s.
the link WAS DELETED by me in the original post.. but remained on the quotes!!!

Download deleted by request.

We done the all wtcr cars before tommy create his first, no one is from tommy these cars are all from scratch some by us some by hum3d custom work..

@TCRluca
upload_2019-5-30_15-59-45-png.824184

Tommy78 replying on Racedepartment to a guy showing his YouTube video of the WTCR2018 mod.

We done the all wtcr cars before tommy create his first, no one is from tommy these cars are all from scratch some by us some by hum3d custom work..
I like how your answer only covers one of the many statement and leaves all the others out.

I was talking about the brake lights.
Basically it's like the red color of the mesh of the objects taillights, retains the red color and don't let you change the color to any other gradient than red. If you can find a way out, to stay as close as possible to the real life counterpart (orange/yellow-ish color of the brake lights), without breaking the actual brake light meshes, would be amazing.

p.s.
Every time the link of the M6 is taken down, a new one will pop up.

Hmmm... So would that be some kind of feature from CSP ? And if you tinted with almost no saturation the glass texture ? Have you tried that ?

I like how your answer only covers one of the many statement and leaves all the others out.

Mate i dont need to answer anymore to the others, i just explained my point 2 post before, dont like to talk and talk.. as i said you like the models? you got idea for make it better? lets talk and do it together, never had a problem to cooperate on my projects, if is a simple rip why no one done that too? maybe is not a simple rip, was just a month or 2 of work believe me..

Here one of my tracks "Grobnik 2012" kindly converted to AC by Edgar De Ochoa

https://app.box.com/s/k29ham9ak0uqmikax2fwszjien6bur10

If someone can please fix the AI start lights and cameras ? ...maybe @leBluem or someone that knows how things work...
Whoever does it, just add Yourself into the credits and reupload... see ReadME and EULA.txt in the track folder.
Any kind of improvement is welcome.

Here the track in SIMBIN format if it can help for the camera coordinates

https://app.box.com/s/ec38djod1ytioxgvaxr9me7ifvbkpln0

Sadly I don't have the time to do it and I just found the time to test the track for 3-4 laps, so I have no idea if there are other issues.
Thanks in advance for the collaboration.

a few words of reference about the real track:
The asphalt has ton of grip, in fact, your tires are gone in a few laps of hard driving.
I worked on a 3D project of the track when Mr. Ecclestone offered a contract to the direction for hosting the GP there... they started working on the track (mainly track side) but sadly the project never came to an end.
This version is how the track were supposed to look like.
The projecct dates exactly 10 years back (2009 is the date on the files of the first version I found on my HD) so keep in mind that the standards are a bit outdated.

If you like it enjoy it ... if not... oh well, there are tons of tracks around, so recycle is your friend :P
Cheers!

Anyways get back on "open Doors" i was full of project and cant finish all, people was asking me for finish some new exclusive works i said, ok take that and make It yours as i dont have time, asking between modders have no cost, i share all my materials as usual and if i can help someone in modding i will be the possible, maybe he is doing the "hero" with the wrong person, because im all times Happy to cooperate the entires ac modding community know that, as the guerrilla bmw ive helped timo, as Shaun Clarke projects and some others and for this i never asked for credits, the mod Is your no problem, anyways we are working on imsa pack with dpi gte and gtd and in working with some new guys wanted to take part, as i said asking have no cost.. i Hope all you got my point!
Hey, just wanted to say thanks for all the great car mods you guys have done (Rollovers).

I would love to see you and Delpinsky collaborate on these mods and perhaps release them through Rollovers (as is proper). I think we all have the goal to make (or drive!) the best mods possible. I have no skill or ability in this area, but I think Delpinsky certainly does and he adds value to your already excellent work.

In the end, it's in everyone's best interest to at least try to cooperate. Delpinsky isn't trying to make money or steal credit, as far as I can tell (his readme always include proper credit for the original modders), but I can understand your desire to release your own mods and not have 10 different versions floating around (like that poor RWB Porsche lol).

Anyway, I hope you guys can work this out in private and find a way forward.

you have to remove the old style gtl way of glowing:
light-glow.jpg

for GRLTA and RDLTA (green and red light material) set Ambient=0.02 and Diffuse=0.1

then this "tracks\aa_Grobnik\data\semaphore.ini" works:

[GROUPS]
DISQUALIFIED=0
READY=4
START=1

[COLOR]
INTENSITY=6

[OBJECT_0]
TYPE=1
NAME=obj_startlight_rdlta06
ORDER=0

[OBJECT_1]
TYPE=1
NAME=obj_startlight_rdltb07
ORDER=1

[OBJECT_2]
TYPE=1
NAME=obj_startlight_rdltc08
ORDER=2

[OBJECT_3]
TYPE=1
NAME=obj_startlight_rdltd09
ORDER=3

[OBJECT_4]
TYPE=2
NAME=obj_startlight_grlta10
ORDER=0

Links fixed in the zip file attached. Let's see if the Defender(s) of True Modding is/are still active :D
  • Aston Martin DB11 Avant/Race V1.1
  • BMW M6 GT3 V1.2 mirror links in a dedicated post.
  • Alfa Romeo Montreal 1971 V1.0
  • Toyota FT-01 V2.0
  • RUF RGT8 GT3 V1.1
  • Lexus LC500 GT500 V1.1
  • Chevrolet Camaro SS Racecar (new)
  • Mitsubishi Touring Car & GTO GT1 (new)
This page and the zip file is updated with all the links the funny guy took down, at least the important ones. The M8 link, as promised is not present.

Every car link is hidden inside an encrypted html, so good luck. The Funny Avenger must put some effort to take down the links, now. Will be worth it?
Launch the html of the car you need, in your favourite browser and download the car.
For the community of AC. :cheers:

p.s.
@AC Modder if this method works, you can contact me in private, so the same guy(s) won't be able to take down anything anymore, in your site.

Attachments

• reworked_cars.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
All you have to do is right click on your AC content folder and go to properties and then compress 👍
Right. But the tool that's needed to do is only available in Win 10 OS. Win 8 and 7 users can't compress.

A little bit of philosophy:

I really understand the hard work that's behind a conversion, but I really can't understand how you expect that something shared freely on the internet will remain "yours".

Recently the OSR Team updated my reworked version of the Pantera GT5-S (from the conversion of s3r1u5) and credited me for the physics. Well, I was really proud of that!

The AC community should act along the lines of Wikipedia, where everyone adds their knowledge, their skills and nobody expects anything back!
I hope that one day we will go one step further towards the concept of sharing and we will come out of this "war" of selfishness and superstars!

Have a good day guys!

Last edited:
A little philosophy:
I really understand the hard work that's behind a conversion, but I really can't understand how you expect that something shared freely on the internet will remain "yours".

Recently the OSR Team updated my reworked version of the Pantera GT5-S (from the conversion of s3r1u5) and credited me for the physics. Well, I was really proud of that!

The AC community should act along the lines of Wikipedia, where everyone adds their knowledge, their skills and nobody expects anything back!
I hope that one day we will go one step further towards the concept of sharing and we will come out of this "war" of selfishness and superstars!

Have a good day guys!

+1000000000

Lol, I don't do these mods for the kudos or adulation, I do them for personal reasons because they're something I'd like in the game. I then spend time preparing them for upload in case anyone else might appreciate them too.
That doesn't stop reviews like this from feeling like a kick in the nuts though. Makes you question why you bother.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
A little bit of philosophy:

Have a good day guys!

And to add my 2 peneth worth, unless anything is actually licensed by the OFFICIAL car manufacturer no one actually 'owns' anything of it model wise, apart from the license holder......

See codemasters and the famous Ferrari F1 mod they took.....

Lol, I don't do these mods for the kudos or adulation, I do them for personal reasons because they're something I'd like in the game. I then spend time preparing them for upload in case anyone else might appreciate them too.
That doesn't stop reviews like this from feeling like a kick in the nuts though. Makes you question why you bother.

View attachment 825945
Hi, Masscot you did a fantastic job as always, do not take it the mother of the assholes and envious is always pregnant, we really appreciate your work and as we think there are many others! :bowdown::gtpflag:

Right. But the tool that's needed to do is only available in Win 10 OS. Win 8 and 7 users can't compress.

Instead, you're to lazy to upgrade to W10, its open to everyone and MS don't care anymore about selling OS's. On the enterprise level yes, the rest, no. Because MS wants stable machines.

So you can get with mid 2019 or stay around in 2010.

Hey, just wanted to say thanks for all the great car mods you guys have done (Rollovers).

I would love to see you and Delpinsky collaborate on these mods and perhaps release them through Rollovers (as is proper). I think we all have the goal to make (or drive!) the best mods possible. I have no skill or ability in this area, but I think Delpinsky certainly does and he adds value to your already excellent work.

In the end, it's in everyone's best interest to at least try to cooperate. Delpinsky isn't trying to make money or steal credit, as far as I can tell (his readme always include proper credit for the original modders), but I can understand your desire to release your own mods and not have 10 different versions floating around (like that poor RWB Porsche lol).

Anyway, I hope you guys can work this out in private and find a way forward.

You got the point! Ive made these for the online races, and so many version Will create problems with the checksum error, second target was the framerate for that the cars have only the most important things + Extreme lods, today we Will do a lemans qualification and the 13rd June the race with 70 Cars in entrylist on 2 servers with 35 per server +2 Cars for the live streaming, anyways returning to the mods, the updated Endurance pack will be out tomorrow and will included the Toyota ts050 and the all other Cars updated.. Hope you will enjoy the pack!

View attachment 825945
The biggest mistake you can do is to think that if what you do is good and valuable - then must be liked and supported by absolute everyone!;)
Especially in the gaming genre! Some people just feed themself insulting others and some just do experimenting with your mood!:)
Dont worry and keep up the good work!;)

The biggest mistake you can do is to think that if what you do is good and valuable - then must be liked and supported by absolute everyone!;)
Especially in the gaming genre! Some people just feed themself insulting others and some just do experimenting with your mood!:)
Dont worry and keep up the good work!;)
Honestly, if the review said 'these helicopters look silly' or something then I'd appreciate the feedback. I really don't care about the rating if it's fair, apart from the fact that it might put other people off from at least trying it for themselves. This one-star review is nothing but thinly-veiled sabotage though, with no constructive merit whatsoever. Believe me, I'm not precious about anything I upload. If other people enjoy them, great. If not, great too, but the reviews will help me work out why and maybe do something different next time.

... If not, great too, but the reviews will help me work out why and maybe do something different next time.
Hey Mascot,
this could be something different by combining ballons and choppers. ;)

And as an cameo gag, you could put something like this from Mascot in your textures. ;)
MASCOT-Workwear-Logo.png

As always I appreciate your nice work. Go on please, and all the others ones too, sharing their work, help and ambitions to develop AC further. It´s almost every day something new, outstanding released and/or developed bringing us with our hobby so much fun. At least I´m always exitited what´s coming next. ;) :cheers: :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back