Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,755 comments
Before I start rolling back CSP from the latest 0.1.30 - I had a thrash around KS Imola late last night, I noticed pink flashing lights, it's as if people in the crowd were taking photos with pink/red tinged flash guns... Not driven the track in a while but I'm sure I remember someone mentioning this some time back but can find the post.... Anyone else suffered this problem and is it a simple case of going to an earlier version of CSP ?
I have the same thing on Imola. Included different versions of the patch, but did not help. I don’t know how to fix it.:confused:

In the extension folder of nuburgring1967, their is a \nurburgring1967\extension\config\tracks: nurburgring1967.ini and a \nurburgring1967\extension\config\tracks\loaded: nurburgring1967.ini

How are those nurburgring1967.ini diferent, should we copy both, or just one? which one and why?

I have the same thing on Imola. Included different versions of the patch, but did not help. I don’t know how to fix it.:confused:
I run the latest CSP and SOL Alpha and do not have the problem. May I suggest updating to the latest light, etc. config files. The two files I am using, updated automatically via CM, are imola.ini and imola__lights.kn5 in the config/tracks/loaded folder.

Why does FPS drop only affect DD wheels?
My knowledge about that is insufficient to give a complete explanation. I have been reading (long time ago) on different forums about it. I understood most of it, but can't remember enough to make a correct summary.

Personally: on my previous wheels - Fanatec CSW being the latest in the row - I never felt any lagging due to low fps. But these wheels already show lagging because of how they are constructed (belts etc...). On my Simucube wheel I do feel much more detail, also feel when something is suddenly 'slower', be it fractions of seconds.

DD wheels (the word says it: direct drive) don't have lag, but if the output from the game gets slower for some reason, that gets directly translated to the wheel feel.

About the .ini files:
Three possibilities in order of priority
- in track folder
- in extension > config > tracks
- in extension > config > tracks > loaded

Loaded means that the .ini file can get updates automatically (when this option is enabled in CM).
For tracks that are improved or altered without being made public (yet), extension > config > tracks would be best place, because it then can't be automatically overwritten in case someone makes a new one that could conflict with changes made to the track.
You can put both (I never have them in the track folder) where they belong, no harm to that. Only, when the .ini file gets an update, CM will still take the one in ...tracks, and you won't see the recent changes.

Last edited:
In the extension folder of nuburgring1967, their is a \nurburgring1967\extension\config\tracks: nurburgring1967.ini and a \nurburgring1967\extension\config\tracks\loaded: nurburgring1967.ini

How are those nurburgring1967.ini different, should we copy both, or just one? which one and why?
Hi Cote! I compared both files and they are exactly the same. The way I see it, the existence of both is redundant. My current understanding is the file in config/tracks will be used as long as it exists there, overriding the other, while the one in the config/tracks/loaded folder will be updated automatically by CM if the appropriate setting is checked. I suppose your preference is the only difference. Possibly the author was playing it safe due to a lack of understanding.

https://sharemods.com/49es5z16jbdr/broadspeedjaguar_xj12c.7z.html

Updated v1.0 07.12.2019 by Assetto-fr.tk
- Add LOD 1 2 3
- Fix collider.ini and collider.kn5
- Fix Tyres V10 no correct work
- Fix lights.ini
- Update power.lut
- Fix F6 Camera
- Add data for working apps Protyres

preview.jpg

Have fun with this monster :)

Personally: on my previous wheels - Fanatec CSW being the latest in the row - I never felt any lagging due to low fps. But these wheels already show lagging because of how they are constructed (belts etc...). On my Simucube wheel I do feel much more detail, also feel when something is suddenly 'slower', be it fractions of seconds.

Thank you for your reply, I will dig into it, but from what I understand from your answer, a drop in FPS probably affect any FFB wheel, since they all get the same data, but the highest torque/speed, allowing more details to reach the rim in a DD wheel makes it more susceptible to be felt. 2020 might be the year for DD wheel for me, but I am also interested in the GS-5 seat, so the jury is still out.:)

Possibly the author was playing it safe due to a lack of understanding.
I cannot blame him, all those new developments are great but a little confusing.
So if I get it right, best option is to put the *.ini in the loaded folder as if there is an update it will automatically be applied, if CM is configured that way, and if you do this , then there is no need to put the *.ini anywhere else.👍

LMP1 Car Pack
View attachment 871603
Toyota TS050 2016
Audi R18 2016
Porsche 919 2017

https://mega.nz/#!4NMSVYwD!VeblFNJEzw4YUfwHBAeacVhUrqSh6K_dZWK3-whWLDE
https://we.tl/t-9FhjKehk8x

all Cars now with equal fuel usage, more even tyre wear over all 3 cars, added some filler skins

you may want to remove existing data folders, as i saved it as data.acd in all 3 cars.
:gtpflag:enjoy:cheers:

Just saying there is a 2017 Toyota TS050 by Simdream, you could do the same thing with the 2017 version like the 2017 919 hybrid perhaps? i'm just saying don't worry

Long shot: anyone happens to have a 1990 Mazda 787B helmet picture?
Best one I got so far is this one, but can't see what's written on the helmet:
https://www.kognitiondesign.com/product-page/174-bertrand-gachot-mazda-787-le-mans-24-hrs-1990
And also Yoshiro Terada posing with a helmet, but I don't know if it's historically accurate:
http://archive.dailysportscar.com/subscribers/news/lemans/2006lemans/lemans890.htm

When you search for images with "寺田陽次郎", you will see many things.

title.gif

02ter.jpg

o0600039910663738584.jpg

Last edited:
I run the latest CSP and SOL Alpha and do not have the problem. May I suggest updating to the latest light, etc. config files. The two files I am using, updated automatically via CM, are imola.ini and imola__lights.kn5 in the config/tracks/loaded folder.
Same here by the way, latest imola.ini & imola_lights.kn5 (4thDec) in loaded but noticed in the tracks these two files were dated 28/3/2019, deleted these and it's cured the problem.... funny as I thought that CM/AC always reads from the loaded in ac/ext/config/tracks/loaded - which if you delete will rewrite the moment you load the track in drive.... strange as I've only noticed it recently since updating CSP to the latest... I keep track configs/vao + cars config/textures up-to-date in CM manually...

It appears that updating doesn't always overwrite the files in /////tracks as imola was several mths out-of-date but in loaded it was current & up-to-date, shame for some reason wasn't reading those.... strange

Last edited:
The RTM one certainly seemed to have properly modelled air vents... but maybe not.
The main instrument LCD screens (not the info screen, the one behind the wheel) are quite different. RTM seems to be the more accurate version, unless there are several 'modes' maybe?

View attachment 869329
this might be a late reply but looks like the element 1999 version actually has accurate gauges found this in doug's review its called the automated driving system mode.
2019.12.07-20.13.png

What about that Porsche 959 Dakar you promised to release once enough people donated you? Would love to drive it so badly
when you released the venturi ?. I was trying to help you because the model was from gtr2 and I already experienced it when I convert (private convert) the Toyota supra jgtc/lm, Nissan r33 jgtc, Ferrari f40 comeptizione1993/1994/1995/1996/imsa, Callaway c4 1993/1994/1995, Honda nsx jgtc/lm, alpine a110 1995 I guess, Bugatti eb110 imsa/lm/bpr, venturi lm 1995, deTomaso bpr/lm, and the last is jaguar xjr220 bpr 1995. That's the car that I convert secretly. Only few knows, and I don't want to give you a pic of the car because I afraid to steal some one model whit out any permission yet
guys, will be here after Dec.16 and release all this stuff.
recently im in China, thats why have not done any updates.

updated magny-cours 1993 skin ( post 2003 layout )
- added new trees around the tracks, buildings, safety van
- Tweaked a lot of textures ( sand, tarmac out track, grass )
- Re-added 3d grass with new textures
Copy and paste new folder in your assetto track folder or delete preview version and copy the new one.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/dqcve96pn5itz06/magny_cours_1993_-_v1.1.zip/file

Screenshot_f1_2001_ferrari_magny_cours_1993_8-12-119-14-19-1.png

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back