Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,801 comments
This crap with Twin Ring Motegi is ridiculous, $12 for a mod that has all sorts of problems and that was originally gonna be free. This whole thing with paid mods is getting out of hand.

I just read the last few pages of the RD thread and now that I know the history of this project, the modders arrogance, the unprofessional approach he made to the track owners and his inability to understand why they denied his request, I now have zero desire to try this track even for free.

I just read the last few pages of the RD thread and now that I know the history of this project, the modders arrogance, the unprofessional approach he made to the track owners and his inability to understand why they denied his request, I now have zero desire to try this track even for free.
track owners and his inability to understand why they denied his request - why?

Oh the new Camara shake is awesome BTW, IRL you reall get thrown around in these cars LOL

As you can see from this video, the body doesn't stop moving around.

You might say, that's 3d driver head movement, but it's not just that

I've thought about this often--for VR users, having the virtual driver's body move, shift, and shake in response to the road and G-Forces would really add to the immersion, especially for a car like the radical and other similar track cars, or open-wheel cars. We have wiper, shift sitck, and safety netting animations, so it's probably possible. It could probably be added to SOL as an option you can turn on and off.

HAhaha last year i was on rampage converting tracks but they have issues , nowdays im not that quick and i pay more attention to details but some things goes loose like this road mesh. btw i think the adria roa will be ready sooner. Thanks and enjoy the tracks!
Thanks a lot for Phoenix's oval, awesome track, really fun to drive and well made! :)

Bloody hell FYRC is popular!
To save PM's, i don't have a link for his FB page, i came across a post of his with same logo and FYRC, on another FB page and didn't join up or anything, just remembered the name.
Sorry.

JeezyCreezy (RD) has updated the NISMO Skyline R33 GT-R LM version to 1.4. I really love this mod. Pure Gran Turismo nostalgia in a popular racing simulator.
Reworked suspension
Adjusted setup
Updated dirt mask
Reworked tires
Added damage mask
2 new liveries from Mahad 'Endless' and 'Wise Sports'
Gearstick wobble
Adjusted brake heat
More lighting functionality
All gauges now function
Rim blur
Reworked brake discs & calipers
Changed suspension
Exhaust wobble, flames and glow
Brake temperatures now show in sidekick
Many other updates
untitled8-jpg.375801

Last edited:

If you want to try it for free, I can give you my Motegi version (not the paid version ofcourse).
Not marshals with fancy outfit, not little bird on the trees, not the tulips anf roses on the uphill section at the left side, not the airplanes with large awesome publicity fabric, etc... Because when pilots are racing they are focused in driving, not at outside track details.
All the stuff around is for the public, it was made to attract spectators.
PM me if you want.

Cheers

Last edited:
If you want to try it for free, I can give you my Motegi version (not the paid version ofcourse).
Not marshals with fancy outfit, not little bird on the trees, not the tulips anf roses on the uphill section at the left side, not the airplanes with large awesome publicity fabric, etc... Because when pilots are racing they are focused in driving, not at outside track details.
PM me if you want.

Cheers
As i posted yesterday, twin ring motegi they made is faaar from high detailed level . This dont deserve to be paid

PM me if you want.

Cheers

I see so it's a no frills bare bones version, thank you for the offer but I'm good. I'm really into the short club circuits currently which apparently the paid version doesn't include. What you described sounds amazing though, birds in the trees, tulips and roses :). I'm asking myself why I'm sitting at my computer and not out frolicking in the mountains right now :cheers:.

Hello everybody, noob here who found this place from the AC subreddit where the Daytona mod was recommended. I've only had AC for about a month, and I'm already down the rabbit hole of trying to find all the high quality mod tracks I can. I love that Daytona one. Just a few questions about it: I get a lot of pop-in with the stadium lights at night. Is that because of my settings? My FPS drops at points, so I probably need to drop my world detail even further than the recommended high, and I'm wondering if that's also causing the lights to pop in. Second, I saw the camera mod that somebody posted which is fantastic, but are there any others for the tri-oval that have a few static cams mixed in with the dynamic cameras?

After searching this thread a bit, I found Sonoma from that same creator, but are there any others I'm missing? Is there a list of all the tracks from that creator? Or just any other high quality mods I may have missed? I have just about all the highly rated/highly downloaded stuff from Race Department, and as far as cars go I've already gotten stuff from RSS and VRC. But I've realized there are even more mod sources out there that I don't know about. And of course a huge thanks to everybody who puts so many hours into creating all this content!

I've thought about this often--for VR users, having the virtual driver's body move, shift, and shake in response to the road and G-Forces would really add to the immersion, especially for a car like the radical and other similar track cars, or open-wheel cars. We have wiper, shift sitck, and safety netting animations, so it's probably possible. It could probably be added to SOL as an option you can turn on and off.
You can make the drivers "head movement" but what I have done is simulate the cockpit view for the overal movement that a person would experience.

Yeah not perfect, but it does simulate being "bounced" around more

Hello everybody, noob here who found this place from the AC subreddit where the Daytona mod was recommended. I've only had AC for about a month, and I'm already down the rabbit hole of trying to find all the high quality mod tracks I can. I love that Daytona one. Just a few questions about it: I get a lot of pop-in with the stadium lights at night. Is that because of my settings? My FPS drops at points, so I probably need to drop my world detail even further than the recommended high, and I'm wondering if that's also causing the lights to pop in. Second, I saw the camera mod that somebody posted which is fantastic, but are there any others for the tri-oval that have a few static cams mixed in with the dynamic cameras?

After searching this thread a bit, I found Sonoma from that same creator, but are there any others I'm missing? Is there a list of all the tracks from that creator? Or just any other high quality mods I may have missed? I have just about all the highly rated/highly downloaded stuff from Race Department, and as far as cars go I've already gotten stuff from RSS and VRC. But I've realized there are even more mod sources out there that I don't know about. And of course a huge thanks to everybody who puts so many hours into creating all this content!
Welcome :gtpflag:

See the 2nd last post of the previous page 👍

I dropped these over at VAC discord a day or so ago so thought I may as well share them here as well. Thhey're nothing special but may fill a gap for some until something better comes along -

An ETCC/DTM Volvo 240

https://megaupload.is/F660A708oc/Volvo_240_Turbo_Group_A_zip

A DTM Mustang 92/93

https://megaupload.is/n3n7Dc0do0/ford_mustang93_zip

An ETCC/DTM Holden VK

https://megaupload.is/79JeC707o4/holden_commodore_vk_zip

Hi,

Does anybody have a skin or link to skins for this mustang mod?

Thanks

I was also waiting for this eagerly.
And yes, a lot is said about the price tag and some details, I won`t add to this discussion.
I just want to say, that I was lucky to drive on the road course in real live several times and in my opinion, this mod comes as close to this experience as a sim can get. That`s what counts for me. Can`t stop riding atm :D

I have been to Motegi and it's a very faithful representation. It's not 100% perfect and there may be some low-poly models and other small things that need to be fixed but not much you would notice if you're actually driving the track. I do personally think 10 euros is a bit much but it's one of my favorite tracks so I got it. It brought back some very nice memories. :D

People make things way too personal. It's just a track guys...:lol:

Thanks very much for these, they look excellent.
The 320i STW-BTCC is one of my favourite cars to drive in AC, even in its current unfinished state. Just been racing a huge pack of them around TRM and it was superb. Both car and track are optimised really well.
It's a little bit frustrating that progress on the BTCC pack has been so slow, but I guess good things come to he who waits.

thanks for the kind response, glad you liked them, and they do look well on track... since this mod is getting its share amount of attention in the meantime, one can only hope the maker will be inspired to carry on with such works - giving it the attention it deserves. for the time being the car is great!!! take care...

Hello everybody,

Have anyone noticed what happened to ASR cars? They had really good cars (Specially visually and sounds, but physics also) and then they just stopped updating their cars for a long while ago.... And they kept making cars for other racing games...I know it might sound cheap, but I asked them what was going on, because you pay to participate the betas and once the car is complete it gets free. ASR modders or kinda rude, saying I wasn't paying for anything, it was just a tip. It's not about the money, but rather the principle, if you're not working on any cars, and they had tons incomplete at the time, you're not really participating in the Beta since they're changing nothing....Well, so I complained a bit, got ranted by some ASR modders and they said they would put another team together with no deadline. After a long time, they were back, launching more cars than finishing the ones they had already begun (I might be wrong, but seems to me this is intend to get more money). The sittuation now is weird...They had a big update recently, and some before, Cars can't reach the speed they should and say they reach no matter how much wing you adjust or the size of the straight, more aero than modern F1, Drivetrain that doesn't match top speed...I really still their cars, but with so many bugs and when you paid to participate the Beta...Of course, no opinion was asked. Yesterday I caught a bug where the F310 only has break glow on the front right wheel, not the left one, I think they haven't fixed yet.... Anyway. RSS imo is still miles away with VRC being 2nd and dealing with things much better...

Here's Volume 3 of the Assetto Corsa Multiple Track Mod Review Project or WHO KNEW SO MANY TRACKS STARTED WITH THE WORD 'CIRCUIT'?

There are only a few D tracks that have duplicates so they have also been included here.

Volume 1 - A is here..

Volume 2 - B is here..

C

Cadwell Park
Testing Car: Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 1970

Folder Name: cadwell
Author: Kit Lethbynek
Download: https://mega.co.nz/#!pcNRUKgT!dQ7NgabcHVglHUuvQbHDclNf0cGFcXbfhwCMlgO1gH0
Where to start on this one? Really bad textures, the sun is too bright, the racing surface is too bumpy, surrounding terrain looks like the PS1 era. This is a conversion of a track from many years ago but I can't imagine it being well received even back then.

Folder Name: cadwell_park
Author: Terra21
Download: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/cadwell-park.11507/
This version on the other hand is awesome! Great looking grass, really good performance, and it's great that we have a usable version of this track in AC because it's such a fun place to drive. Trackside buildings look great too, and the racing surface is very driveable while still feeling like a real track.

Calabogie Motorsports Park
Testing Car: Mazda RX7 FB Race

Folder Name: pfc_calabogie1071
Author: Scott Barton
Download: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/calabogie-motorsports-park.22574/
The textures are pretty blurry, but the track is really fun to drive. I don't have any complaints about the driving at all. The trackside buildings all just look flat, and a lot of the ground/terrain surrounding the track leaves much to be desired. The trees are also very repetitive.

Folder Name: lilski_calabogie
Author: lilski
Download: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/calabogie-motorsports-park.30099/
Allow me to gush here for a second. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I think this is the best mod track available for AC. Not only is the track itself one of the most fun places to drive ever, but this version of it looks so real. Every detail on this track is PERFECT. There are some decorative rocks after the main pits on the left that look amazingly detailed. Those alone must have taken so many hours to get just right. And that is just one example. I am sure there's only a few different tree types but they are placed so perfectly that it's impossible to tell. I usually do a couple laps by myself and then a couple lap race to test tracks for this project but I spent a half hour just driving by myself here and then more time looking for places to get past the barriers and look at the surroundings because seriously, this is the most real looking place I've ever seen in a scratch built AC track. It's not loaded with lights and gimmicks and gizmos, it's just an incredibly fun track with perfect visuals. If you've never downloaded this, DO IT.

Cascavel
Testing Car:[/B] Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X

Folder Name: cascavel
Author: NieXS
Download: https://mega.co.nz/#!yJhXXLCb!D9Uz4-JbSNm-VfVdbOUuBcStG7sRXeXn-fKcou8rvqo
This track has some issues. Very harsh textures, the trees are super dark, there are areas where the ground is transparent so you just see floating road and trees, and the road is smooth as glass. Not recommended in it's current state. Also, the AI can't get off the starting grid.

Folder Name: erl_ascavel
Author: ERL
Download: Private ERL Track
Lots of trackside details in this one and it looks quite good. The trees are a bit dark in this version too, and there are spots where it's obvious that they are flat planes but overall this one looks nice. The road surface also feels good. The AI isn't very competitive.

Folder Name: vhe_cascavel
Author: @VheEth
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ndxxlwyd2sqm0s8/vhe_cascavel_2.0.rar/file
This takes everything from the ERL release and makes it better. The trees aren't dark, the grass is fantastic, and the trackside details look even better. This is an excellent mod track and definitely the best version of Cascavel

Castle Combe
Testing Car:
Audi S4 B5 Avant

Folder Name: castlecombe_modern
Author: Mrmcphisto
Download: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/castle-combe-circuit.14612/
This is a fun track to drive, but the visuals in this version are a bit bland. It's easy to spot the seams in the grass texture, and there are some other artifacts like pink fences and stuff like that. The racing surface is good, and I didn't notice any technical problems with it, but nothing about the track really stood out in a positive way.

Folder Name: castle_combe
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/cx25wk4haxwx89x/castle_combe.rar
To my eye this looks like a reworked version of the MrMcPhisto version of this track. It's very similar but improved. The grass is redone to look really nice, all of the broken transparencies (like the pink sky when looking through a fence) have been fixed, and it's been given a good once-over to turn a bland looking track into a place that feels real and more detailed.

Chang International Circuit
Folder Name: chang_int_circuit
Author: Rainmaker
Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/0rgr3l2r1e8rjqa/chang.7z
This very much looks like an old track, and a lot of these Rainmaker conversions are. It was originally made for GT Legends and it shows. It's fine, but not really up to today's standards

Folder Name: chang
Author: Mitja Bonca
Download: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/chang-international-circuit.20997/
This version is quite a bit nicer than the Rainmaker version. The textures are a lot sharper, the road texture in particular looks fantastic. Trackside objects are a lot more detailed and the racing surface also feels a lot more realistic. It's what we expect from Mitja Bonca's tracks, for sure.

Chicagoland Speedway
Testing Car: 1982 NASCAR Buick Regal

Folder Name: chicagoland
Author: Christopher M Dwyer
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/17cduybubd5jb7f/Chicagoland+-+CHICAGO+FAST+LANE+AI.7z
So... The hotlap start is about 30 feet in the air so after dropping through the ground I eventually end up back at the pits where I encounter a very tall, thin lollipop man. I look around and the horizon is mostly pink, and see some light fixtures with very pixellated fake glowy bits just floating instead of being mounted to a pole. I drive out onto the track and notice the hospitality suites are basically just floating. That's when I go a little bit too wide on turn 2 and phase through the wall and fall off of the surface of the earth into the pink void. Then I woke up in a cold sweat. Oh and there's no AI.

Folder Name: aa_Chicagoland
Author: x13
Download: https://mega.nz/file/pu4GjShI#pTu6RSI-kS0lglB0oEojwkkA7WNG5C7XO5-7QU7b7c4
This is another one of those aa_ oval tracks by x13. Very solid stuff. It looks much better than the other one, and everything functions properly. The AI is even pretty good. I really like this one.

Chinese Grand Prix
Testing Car: RSS Formula Hybrid 2020

Folder Name: chinagp
Author: Unknown
Download:
This track is pretty well done. The AI screws up the hairpins though so I'd recommend finding better AI for it. I am not sure who made this, but since it's pretty similar to the china_2019 one I suspect it's patrikpat.

Folder Name: china_2019
Author: PatrikPAT
Download: https://mega.nz/file/1qQEXKhC#bPVmceKWcXjNyoNBv25FxL2INodYI64McaF9CZ7s-dw
This is pretty similar to the one above, at least looks-wise. It's very high quality. What obviously differs from the previous version is that this one has DRS zones and better AI.

Circuit de Charade
Testing Car: W Motors Lykan Hypersport

Folder Name: charade_prealpha
Author: chuky500
Download: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/charade.10727/
the name says it all really, it is a pre-alpha and shouldn't be judged too harshly, but it was released to the public and then abandoned and for some reason it has 3.5 stars on RaceDepartment. What? It's terrible. I'm not criticising the track author for that, I'm criticising the reviewers of that particular track. This is one of very few that I just deleted outright.

Folder Name: charade_spc2018
Author: MadBrain
Download: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/charade-_spc2018.19689/
Compared to the other one this is a masterpiece. It looks pretty nice and it's really fun to hotlap on. After watching some onboard videos of the real track some of the dips and cambers seem really exaggerated but realistic or not, it's still very fun to drive on anyway. It also has a long layout included.

Circuit de Gedinne
Testing Car:
BMW M2 MDCT 2019

Folder Name: gedinne
Author: Gilles75
Download: Pay Mod - https://celletson.wixsite.com/acclassics/custom-track-packs
This is a great track presented extremely poorly. The textures look old, the poly count is low, and it's got flickering trees all over the place. This is an artifact created by a lazy unoptimized conversion. There are duplicate faces for all of the trees and that's what causes this behavior. It's an easy fix but Gilles chose not to do it and then put the track up for sale. The wrong blending mode is also set to things that are supposed to be transparent, so towers end up looking really psychedelic in a "I can't believe i paid money for this" kind of way. It also has no CSP features like lights and grass. Skip this.

Folder Name: gedinne
Author: @Plexus22
Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/wn85zjpjv73dfpk/Circuit_de_Gedinne.rar/file
Unfortunately this is exactly the same as the Gilles version except it has a grassfx implementation that needs more work. I think instead of basing a rework on the Gilles version it might be better to start over by converting the original track all over again, and instead of doing it the way Gilles did, do it right. As it stands I can't really recommend either version. There's a great track in here waiting to come out.

Circuit de Jarama
Testing Car: VRC Formula Lithum 2019

Folder Name: jarama
Author: Javier Sosa Casillas
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/mnn6fljr8jzt6md/jarama+1.0.rar
This track doesn't feel finished. The timing objects are not in the right place, hotlap start starts in the pit lane, textures are very repetitive, there's no variety in the trees, and the road surface is very bumpy. There's no preview and the map is for a different track. The AI drives through the pit lane instead of staying on the track... This doesn't seem like a conversion, it seems scratch-built or built using BTB/RTB.

Folder Name: jarama
Author: Stig's Cousin
Download: https://sharemods.com/fvn3kd6tar4s/ACJarama.zip.html
While not perfect by any means, this is much better than the other version. This is a conversion from GRID Autosport and it has a lot more detail and much better textures. Performance is not great, and the AI is abyssmal. There is no map but CM can sort that out quickly. It's not great, but it's the only Jarama currently available that's worth trying out.

Circuit de Ledenon
Testing Car: Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R)

Folder Name: ledenon
Author: stazer92
Download: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ledenon-2008.5282/
This is a good start. As far as racing goes it's solid. The track surface is nice and it's really fun to drive on. As for the graphics, they need some work. some track-side objects are floating and some are embedded into the ground. Lighting is a little harshly bright, and there's lots of things that need to be transparent that aren't (like backgrounds on some trees and fans)

Folder Name: circuit_de_ledenon
Author: unknown
Download: https://sharemods.com/zf8k74glqrb0/circuit_de_ledenon.7z.html
This one seems to be a sort of interim version between the previous one and the next one. It fixes some of the graphical bugs but not all, and it's still overly bright.

Author: Pset
Download: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ledenon-france.6973/
This is a fixed up and enhanced version of the stazer92 track above. It fixed all of the graphical anomolies and most of the floating objects. It still looks like an rfactor track but it looks like a well done conversion now.

NEW!!!
Author: Philcout, Piaoo, Thesky, Pset, nobody, Sliderman
Download: https://sharemods.com/38xk5qktbhwr/circuit_de_ledenon_v1.25.7z.html
This is a further rework of the pset version and while it's an improvement, I think this version of the track has reached it's limit to how much it can be improved. I think to get any better than this (and I mean this in the best way possible) very well polished turd is to completely remake it with modern tools and techniques. That being said, this is the best version.

NEW!!!
Author: Assetto-FR.tk
Download: https://sharemods.com/94kslnejmahf/ledenon.7z.html
This appears to be a rework of Stazer92's original version instead of building upon the Pset version and many of the graphical bugs are back like trees either having the wrong alpha set or being one sided so they can only be viewed from one side. Not great.

Circuit de Lignieres
Testing Car: Mazda RX7 FB Race

Folder Name: lignieres
Author: Ultimate71
Download: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/circuit-of-lignières-switzerland-canton-of-neuchâtel.13363/
This is a really basic barebones start to this track. It doesn't look very pretty, but it has the essence of the track and it's kind of fun to drive around on. Graphically it needs a lot of love, and seeing that it hasn't been updated since 2017.

Folder Name: lignieres
Author: Jeje89
Download: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/circuit-de-lignières.19571/
This is the best version of the track. It's nice looking, accurate as far as videos go, and there was way more attention to detail. Grass is good, and it overall is much better than the other one. Only major flaw is that the author used the same folder name as the other version instead of tacking on initials or something to differentiate it.

Circuit du Pau
Testing Car: Ensign N176

Folder Name: pau_2015
Author: Philippe Abadie
Download: http://sharemods.com/knf88gld55so/Pau_2015_v1.0_by_Philippe_Abadie.7z.html
This is a pretty nice looking track and it's really fun to drive. The road surface is nice and the textures are all sharp and clean. Some of the buildings aren't very detailed (mostly at the beginning of the lap) but the framerate is nice and high. The AI is pretty bad.

Folder Name: pau_2017
Author: Ginot Team
Download: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/circuit-de-pau-2017.15615/
This looks to be a rework of the previous one. I can't really even see any difference between this one and the previous version aside from some signage being a little bit different and the AI is improved. This is the one to get, since it's got some skins and the AI improvements.

Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Folder Name: montreal
Author: linolafett
Download: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/circuit-gilles-villeneuve-montréal-québec-canada.4439/
This is not a conversion, it's a scratch-made track that is a work in progress, and hasn't been updated since 2015. Overall it looks pretty good but it's got a lot of little flaws like grass models overlapping onto the track, repetetive trees, and terrible AI. If it got a little bit of love it could be really good, but it appears to be abandoned and the readme file included with it specifically says modifying it isn't allowed so...

Folder Name: montreal
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/486p5ww0ub0czjb/montreal.rar
It was hard to make up my mind if this is the best version of this track or if the ACU one is. This one overall looks better and has decent AI but it has these really distracting rolling ad-boards. I'm not sure if this came before the linolafett version, but one of them used the same folder name as the other, which is unfortunate.

Folder Name: gilles-villeneuve
Author: ACU
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/g3vb869vr6p3g0c/ac_gilles-villeneuve_v.1.0.rar
Another codemasters conversion. It has a bunch of Kunos banners but there are skins available. I think I give this one the edge just because it looks good and doesn't have the annoying ad-boards. It also has more community support with skins and AI replacements available to download. UPDATE: I made a simple grassfx/flags config for this track and packaged it up with a skin replacing the kunos banners with regular f1 sponsors. You can grab that here: https://sharemods.com/vg5t86e1zuum/gilles-villeneuve-skin-extension.7z.html

NEW!!!
Folder Name: gilles-villeneuve
Download: https://sharemods.com/pgs1vttznd56/gilles-villeneuve.7z.html
This is just the ACU version made dark and gloomy with some grassfx. Skip this.

Circuit Mont-Tremblant
Testing Car:
Lada Priora 2170

Folder Name: mt_tremblant
Author: TwoHardCore
Download:
Ok so this one is pretty rough. It's a good start, and I understand that it's an abandoned work in progress so it gets a bit of a pass there, but it's still not great. Bad looking trees that intersect blank billboards, floating motorhomes, low res textures... skip this.

Folder Name: mt_tremblant
Download: https://sharemods.com/ii93f5x3juth/mt_tremblant.7z.html
This is a small improvement of TwoHardCore's version. It adds grassfx, but everything else in the review of the original still applies. It needs more time in the oven.

Folder Name: rt_mont_tremblant
Author: Reboot Team
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/imj91fix98t79x4/rt_mont_tremblant.7z/file
Luckily you can just forget those other two exist because this is phenomenal. It's a codemasters conversion and looks and performs absolutely amazing. There is so much detail here and the conversion has been tended to with the care you'd expect from Reboot Team. This one belongs in everyone's tracks folder.

Circuit of the Americas

Folder Name: cota
Author: unknown
Download:
This track is alright, there's no DRS zones and no map, and some of the ad-board textures are stretched to the wrong aspect ratios. Performance isn't great either. It's fine, but the ACU version is a better choice.

Folder Name: acu_unitedstates
Author: ACU
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/80kxir8ckde5ad4/ac_united+states_v.1.0.rar
Yet another ACU conversion. Trackside objects have more detail and are the right colors. Better grass, better road textures, better overall look, and it has DRS zones. This one also has downloadable skins on racedepartment to get rid of the kunos banners. Overall, it's the better version.

Croft
Testing Car: Mercedes-Benz 300SL Race

Folder Name: croft_2007
Author: Tiago Lima
Download: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/croft-circuit-2007.2844/
This is a pretty basic looking track by today's standards. Definitely looks like a conversion from an older game like race07. It's fine but there are now better options.

Folder Name: croft
Author: Terra21 and Jim Lloyd
Download: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/croft-circuit.16806/
This is a really nice rendition of this track. The grass looks awesome, the textures are really nice and sharp looking, and everything just looks very realistic. There's also a great BTCC skin available for it. Unfortunately it doesn't have any of the other layouts like the Legion version. This one is my favorite.

Folder Name: croft_sp
Author: Legion
Download:
Some of the fences have the wrong alpha blending mode set on them so the horizon looks pink when seen through the fence, and the hotlap start is up in the air, and drops the car facing the wrong direction, on the grass. I think part of the track near the final corner and first corner is marked as pit-surface because the pit-lane UI shows up when driving past as well. Aside from these issues this version is pretty solid. It adds a bunch of track layouts too which is always welcome. It looks based on the Terra21 version but the differences are significant enough to lead me to believe it was an older version. I'm curious to know more about it and what's different.

Curitiba
Testing Car:
BMW M5 (E34)

Folder Name: curitiba
Author: HemiR
Download: https://mega.nz/#!CB9lWKjR!vDnwo3i08q2SNYR0PtJA36jcZgjkgaKmGazvStzREFg
The trees on this track are almost glowing, and the road surface is very smooth, but I have no other complaints about this track.

Folder Name: vhe_curitiba
Author: @VheEth
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/0s1kr5v19b39eqa/vhe_curitiba_1.0.rar/file
The level of detail here is excellent. The trees don't glow, the road has feel, and the surroundings look incredibly real. I love it! This is the one to get.

D

Daytona
Testing Car: Chevrolet Camaro NASCAR (2019)

Folder Name: daytonaoval/daytonaroad - -
Author: aspec7878
Download: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/daytona.2495/
This is an rFactor conversion orignally created by James Burroughs

Folder Name: daytona_2017
Author: Terra21 & Jim Lloyd
Download: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/daytona-2017.14277/
This is an rFactor 2 conversion originally created by Alex Coutie
This one looks nice but it's very bumpy and I ran into an issue where if I hit the wall it would sometimes suck me into the corner between the wall and the road and I'd fall through the world. it comes with one infield variant.

Folder Name: daytona_international_speedway
Download:
This appears to be a rework of daytona_2017 because it looks pretty much the same, but I didn't get the same issues with falling through the ground if I hit the wall. It is still incredibly bumpy though. It comes with 3 infield variants.

Folder Name: aa_Daytona
Author: Assetto Corsa NASCAR Mod facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/940405266010495/
Download: https://mega.nz/?fbclid=IwAR2bP4uer...B!W8OtpiLZJiR2nnpeC8h6_tEJc0qcfURxci4o-T8H138
this one definitely is the most video-gamey looking version but it also has a great frame rate and the road was as smooth as glass. this one doesn't come with any infield variants.

Folder Name: rt_daytona
Author: Reboot Team
Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/tsrje49tpphqcdn/rt_daytona.rar/file
This is close to the best representation of Daytona I've ever seen in a game. The racing surface feels perfect, the AI is good, and all of the trackside detail is incredible, all staying at above 90FPS in VR. The helicopters move around, the sound design of the fireworks and the echoes of the engines as they go by the grandstands... perfection. One thing I was disappointed about was the lack of trackside lights at night. The big overhead lights outside the oval never turn on. Not a huge deal and not keeping this from being my favorite daytona.

Detroit Belle Isle
Testing Car: RSS Formula Americas 2020

Folder Name:
detroit2017
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5nhb2sd5535qmf7
This track looks nice and performs well, but the road is as smooth as glass and anyone that has seen a race at this track in real life would agree that there is no way this track should be this smooth. Other than that it's great.

Folder Name: nagp_detroit
Author: nagp
Download: http://www.northamericangp.com/board/downloads.php?do=file&id=1252
This looks to be either a rework or a conversion of the same track but with a lot of trackside details missing. The road is as bumpy as the real track looks to be. If you want a realistic driving experience get this one. If you want more scenery get the other one. I'd love for the road mesh from this one to be combined with the world detail of the other one.

Dijon-Prenois 2016
Testing Car:
F1C75 McLaren

Folder Name: dijon-prenois2016
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/dcjkjactklhq2di/Dijon-Prenois_2016_v1.3_by_Rainmaker.7z/file
This is another track I'd never tried before and it's great. There's a grass config waiting to be automatically downloaded by content manager that makes it look good, and it's really fun to drive. Well worth the download. I can't come up with anything bad to say about it other than there appears to be a very thin line that is glitching across the track from all of the fire extinguisher models. Very weird. Despite that, this is the good version.

Folder Name: dijon-prenois2016
Download: https://sharemods.com/mdtxjie6vvgr/dijon-prenois2016.7z.html
I'm not sure why this exists. The original didn't need reworking as it didn't have any glaring flaws and this doesn't bring anything new to the table. It doesn't fix the fire extinguishers.

Donnington Park
Testing Car: Surtees F1C75

Folder Name: doningtongp
Author: tomj
Download: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/donington-park-2011.2490/
this is a really basic version of Donington Park that came out in the early days of AC. It's alright and there's nothing glaringly wrong with it, but...

Folder Name: doningtonpark2018
Author: brun
Download: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/donington-park.3031/
This one is superb. Colors are bright, trackside objects have tons of detail and a lot of love has been poured into this track. It's one of the best.

Driftland UK
Testing Car: Mazda RX7 Spirit R

Folder Name: driftland_2019
Author: brettbolger
Download: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/driftland-uk-2019.25748/
pretty bland overall, but fun to drive on. textures aren't very good and it seems really flat, like almost too flat. Skidmarks look weird.

Folder Name: driftland_ryze -
Author: ryze
Download: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/driftland-uk-2020.32548/
pretty much the same as the 2019 version, but some textures are better and some are worse. the skidmarks are completely gone, which is really weird for a drift track. There is a short variant of the track included with this one.

Last edited:
Thanks for responding. The AC_CUP90_v0.5 and legion_nascar_circa_1990 are just 2 mod examples where the tails drag scraping the banks in sparks. Is a replacement of the collider file needed or can/should it be removed? Is there a generic one that can be put into any of the NASCAR mods? If so, can you please post one here? Thanks
In both those cases it is the exhaust hitting the ground, you will need to have a setup for each track. As AC doesn't do asymmetry the default setup is not suitable for oval tracks.
Adjust until the car is relatively level with the road in the banking and has just enough ride height that the exhaust only scrapes on the biggest of bumps.

Sparks are not realistic and I would imagine slow the car down. I'll have a look into what you say. thanks

No friction, so won't slow you down but they do take weight off the wheels so will cause instability.

Last edited:
Folder Name: croft_sp
Some of the fences have the wrong alpha blending mode set on them so the horizon looks pink when seen through the fence, and the hotlap start is up in the air, and drops the car facing the wrong direction, on the grass. I think part of the track near the final corner and first corner is marked as pit-surface because the pit-lane UI shows up when driving past as well. Aside from these issues this version is pretty solid. It adds a bunch of track layouts too which is always welcome. It looks based on the Terra21 version but the differences are significant enough to lead me to believe it was an older version. I'm curious to know more about it and what's different.

My very first track conversion. From the same rF2 source as Terra21 but converted by me. First feedback I've had on the track so I'll look into those issues.
Oh the pit lane bit is on purpose to stop you cutting the corners.

Last edited:
Just a reminder for all out there who are complaining about the price of Tochigi (Motegi) over at URD: There is still a much cheaper version of Motegi from Gilles75 available at Acclassics: https://celletson.wixsite.com/acclassics/modern-tracks

View attachment 923571

But unfortunately the differende in price reflects the difference in quality.

A few months ago I found this guy's website and took a chance on a few track mods, spent about $9 getting mostly indy street circuits and then Twin Ring Motegi. Every track I got was terrible. Most of them have no collision on the walls, terrible low poly surroundings and super bland repetitive textures. It was a real disappointment.

On the other hand, I bought the new controversial Twin Ring Motegi as well, since I love that track and for me and my life situation 10 euros isn't a big deal to me, and the scale of how much I paid for the game and how much a mod "should cost" didn't factor into it. I've had a lot of fun with the new track and I'm glad we finally have a version of the track.

We all know it's going to circulate around and everyone that wants it will either buy it or acquire it via other means anyway so I'm glad it exists because it's great fun to drive on.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back