Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,956 comments
ACU Istanbul Park Billboard / Grass update

Put the file into your acu_istanbul-park folder. It is mandatory to use the ext_config.ini file otherwise it won´t work properly (CSP is mandatory!).
Have fun.

@Fall Guy, great job on the skin and grass. I just had a few laps and it looks great.

Guys, ai were destroying each other in turn 1 on my version of Istan Park. This AI update seems to fix it for me. Link for those who have the ai issue. https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acu-istanbul-ai.19842/

Nah it's cool. I do know what you mean as it goes but when I take a pic in the showroom the cars don't look small. Then when I post a pic here they shrink. And also I like to mess about with different settings and I suppose my pics are a little dark - but yeah style over substance in my eyes lol

All good mate and sorry I got a bit humpy over your post lol

I also think it's down to the Custom showroom settings as sometimes the skins look ok and other times they don't. I still need to mess about with settings etc.
No worries - it's just that when you post images of your skins I find it hard to see them properly because they're so dark and small.
What do you mean when you say the images shrink the cars when you post them? All my images for track skins, balloon etc are just f8 shots taken in either f5 or f7 view (so hardly ideal, and often with weird perspective - but they're quick) then I just copy the images from CM 'Media' tab, copy them to a folder, then upload them here with the 'upload a file' post option. They always get posted with the cropping exactly as per the original image. Do you do it a different way?

I think showroom lighting might be vastly different to game engine lighting so it might be better photographing skins out on the track to get a better idea what they look like in game?

@ales100i , sorry if this is a dumb question. Should I run these cars as a mixed grid or are they meant to be run with only themselves 'same car' as separate Cup races? Thanks for this, btw.
No, this are two seperate real world competitions. One is Copa Clio and the other is StockCar Brasil, i guess the most popular racing series in Brasil. Copa Clio is an actual Cup car competition (here is 2006 season i believe), while StockCar is not, but everybody runs the same one car for several seasons, the chevrolet cruze. But i think this 2020 season, Toyota Corolla is also joining the competition:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Stock_Car_Brasil_Championship

Guys, for those of you who use the "other" Istanbul track (the one called Intercity Istanbul Park) the VAO patch from ACU Istanbul is working here as well. You can download this one from github from the library and rename it to istanbul_park.vao-patch. Just FYI. Btw the track is a convert from Codemasters F1 2010; and the unfinished one which is available at RD is the same one but the creator claimed it is build from scratch and all people at RD freaked out in 2015 and got excited. Times have changed...

Btw II: do we have here an expert who can create a lights config for that track?

I'm having an issue with the Ai toggle , in race mode, qualify test day etc, the Ai control doesn't work, the car is stuck in Neutral, and doesn't work at all.
When My steeringwheel is connected, the control stuck, when it start, in the selected gear.

There is a way to have this thing working?

Thanks ACR for the Megan trophy I'm enjoying a lot on Monza!

Thanks Beezer215. I was looking up some additional information on your solution. Do I need to create a default_ai setup file for a specific car for 'every' track? And if so, is there a way to have the game automatically use the defaul_ai setup file for any new tracks I add?
I think there's only one default_ai but I might be wrong on that. I haven't played around much. I don't know if it's every track but that would separate the setups. On the other hand I would think you could just do a copy and paste job if need be if it were every track that you needed. Kind of confusing.

Since in the past few weeks I've done countless laps during testing and racing at the new Daytona track, and I've really began to enjoy oval racing with nascar mods! So I have a request @LiquidSkyMan, can you possibly look at the AI for the Charlotte oval when you get the chance? With full grid, some AI cars don't start and there's a few crashes in qualifying. With all of AC's limits to oval racing, it still sure as hell is fun!

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/mountain-peak-charlotte-speedway.164316/
Let me know if the cars you are using are working OK for ovals or really if you have any problems. I've been working with the guys over at AC NASCAR Mods trying to get them some working oval cars. The problem is AC isn't really setup for oval racing and the outer tyres just get pummeled in AC's model. You almost have to have two sets of cars, oval and road course. The ocd would kick in when using protyres app and seeing the pressures bright red maxed so I altered the tyres.ini to allow for the continued pressure, then the settings.ini has to be altered for a broad range of difference between left and right sides.

I'm having an issue with the Ai toggle , in race mode, qualify test day etc, the Ai control doesn't work, the car is stuck in Neutral, and doesn't work at all.
When My steeringwheel is connected, the control stuck, when it start, in the selected gear.

There is a way to have this thing working?

Thanks ACR for the Megan trophy I'm enjoying a lot on Monza!
Only works in race mode and you have to be on the track I believe, not in the pits.

I think there's only one default_ai but I might be wrong on that. I haven't played around much. I don't know if it's every track but that would separate the setups. On the other hand I would think you could just do a copy and paste job if need be if it were every track that you needed. Kind of confusing.

Let me know if the cars you are using are working OK for ovals or really if you have any problems. I've been working with the guys over at AC NASCAR Mods trying to get them some working oval cars. The problem is AC isn't really setup for oval racing and the outer tyres just get pummeled in AC's model. You almost have to have two sets of cars, oval and road course. The ocd would kick in when using protyres app and seeing the pressures bright red maxed so I altered the tyres.ini to allow for the continued pressure, then the settings.ini has to be altered for a broad range of difference between left and right sides.
I ended up settling with the 1989 Chevrolet Lumina - NASCAR Edition v.1.3 (Base 3D model by Slightly Mad Studios, Facelift 3D model and skins by Frito, Physics for AC by Bazza (fix by GzeroD). I raised one of the colliders so it only bottoms out occasionally and not on every bend all the way around. Works well for me with 40 grid at Daytona Oval, all cars finish with no retirements on 10 lap race weekends. Works well on some other tracks that I can't remember names now as that was mainly testing. Charlotte isn't really working well with them, didn't try any other cars on Charlotte after also seeing a post over on RD that other cars don't leave the grid.

Oh yeah, I just ignored the tyres for now as they last the 10 laps fine but I can imagine a different story on longer races or tight ones like Phoenix.

Last edited:
Guys, the VAO files here https://github.com/ac-custom-shaders-patch/acc-extension-extra-vao, does CM use the folder name of the track as the flag to download a particular VAO file for a particular track? For instance, I've got a Shibuya track (folder name 'shibuya_GRiD'), and I noticed there there is a 'Shibuya.vao-patch' patch in the github repo, but it is not listed as installed in CM. Would I have issues if I download these manually and install them? What would happen if I happen to use an incorrect VAO on a track.

Help please!!! I've got one since today
Unexpected error!
No track, no car works anymore!
CSP 0.1.60 (52 also tried, does not work either!)
Sol 1.5.1
Ashampoo_Snap_2020.06.02_21h33m26s_001_.jpg

Guys, the VAO files here https://github.com/ac-custom-shaders-patch/acc-extension-extra-vao, does CM use the folder name of the track as the flag to download a particular VAO file for a particular track? For instance, I've got a Shibuya track (folder name 'shibuya_GRiD'), and I noticed there there is a 'Shibuya.vao-patch' patch in the github repo, but it is not listed as installed in CM. Would I have issues if I download these manually and install them? What would happen if I happen to use an incorrect VAO on a track.
Have at it Teddie, unlike other files, VAO files just won't load and shouldn't crash anything. Check if it loaded on track with BLM Lights App. Blamer has made it easy to find out.

Ah! Visibly it was too complex for Kunos to make a thing that rf1 and f1 Challenge had... Sad.

Thank you for your answer,
About you Audi, you should consider putting a era correct helmet?
Sure thing. On the next update, we'll put a more period correct helmet on the drivers.

Have at it Teddie, unlike other files, VAO files just won't load and shouldn't crash anything. Check if it loaded on track with BLM Lights App. Blamer has made it easy to find out.

At least the VAO patch should be named after the corresponding kn5 file from each track, otherwise it won´t load either. But as Beezer has stated, you can put them into the VAO folder and try but I doubt it makes any sense if it has not been created for the track itself. There is a smart tool available where you just put the kn5 into the exe and it creates them on the fly (sorry but I don´t know the name of that one, but it has been posted here some while ago).

At least the VAO patch should be named after the corresponding kn5 file from each track, otherwise it won´t load either. But as Beezer has stated, you can put them into the VAO folder and try but I doubt it makes any sense if it has not been created for the track itself. There is a smart tool available where you just put the kn5 into the exe and it creates them on the fly (sorry but I don´t know the name of that one, but it has been posted here some while ago).

Guys, thanks so much for the tip. I found the tool, and man, it is indeed very easy, drag-n-drop. After the VAO file is created, do I need to 'activate' it somehow, or how do I make sure it is working?

Help please!!! I've got one since today
Unexpected error!
No track, no car works anymore!
CSP 0.1.60 (52 also tried, does not work either!)
Sol 1.5.1
View attachment 926847
Sorry dude, I know this is a big pain in the ass. A lot of stuff could of gone wrong. What were you doing before this happened? Did your pc shut down inaproprietly? That what happened to me and my ac install got borked. And had also all these errors like you. Can you take a look at something, open the steam app and see if your ac is seen as installed by your steam app? Mine was not recognised by steam any more, had to reinstall it. Luckily all my settings and files were left untouched.

Greetings to all - been driving ACU's Detroit City Circuit lately, and got inspired to create some more cameras for this exhilarating track (also to test acquired skills in this area to undertake a test-project)...

rd-image_detroit_1.png

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/detroit-city-circuit-tv-replay-cameras.33571/

Before I forget, a general commendation of thanks to all the members that contribute their AC goodies with the community - it may go unmentioned - but it is really appreciated!

[QUOTE = "JOCA, post: 13122246, membro: 311530"] vai indietro coi messaggi e trovi tutti i link
torna indietro con i messaggi e trova tutti i link [/ QUOTE]

grazie per la risposta veloce,

[QUOTE = "Alex4646, post: 13122287, membro: 312430"] [QUOTE = "JOCA, post: 13122246, membro: 311530"] vai indietro coi messaggi e trovi tutti i link
torna indietro con i messaggi e trova tutti i link [/ QUOTE]

Ho visto tutti i vecchi post ... Ho cercato 4 giorni, solo la pelle del sedile cupra e ho il resto di loro li ho tutti. sai dove posso trovarli?

Last edited:
Sorry dude, I know this is a big pain in the ass. A lot of stuff could of gone wrong. What were you doing before this happened? Did your pc shut down inaproprietly? That what happened to me and my ac install got borked. And had also all these errors like you. Can you take a look at something, open the steam app and see if your ac is seen as installed by your steam app? Mine was not recognised by steam any more, had to reinstall it. Luckily all my settings and files were left untouched.
There was a big steam update today. Can it have anything to do with it?
I myself only installed Sandeförde today.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back