Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,819 comments
@norms yes, it is reworked already, i was involved a little into this:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...eral-discussion.307899/page-586#post-12908080

sorry @__EASY__ you should delete your version, or check if you can extend Slider's version.
Thank you!

Slightly confused with this update too, VAO was already included and your grass fx is in the extension folder but the one supplied by @slider666 is already supplied in the .\extension\config\tracks\ folder download here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...eral-discussion.307899/page-586#post-12908080

Plus you removed sliderman from the author credits in the UI? He did an awful lot of work with this track and I know you left the readme file in place, but you didn't add your updates to that either.

I'm all for your improvements but I think a collaboration with your last 2 updates and the recent guys who have been fixing or improving them would be a better solution. Otherwise it's going to cause fragmentation (my opinion of course)?

there was nothing in the credits of the track, I know that the track was made by gilles75 I thus quoted it, but I think that the track which I used comes from F1 classic so there must be all the improvement which had already been made on it, I find a little desolating to want to share what I go and to have reproaches, that does not give too much envy to continue

By any chance could a piece of hardware be overheating? Could make sense that it's fine after a restart until heats up? A long shot I know but worth checking out.

This is an extremely well-ventilated PC, and the GPU (GTX 1080 Ti) rarely gets over 70C with AC, and usually stays closer to 60C.

After two optimal sessions, I was away from the PC for about 15 minutes (nothing running), then returned and started another session, and it immediately went from optimal FPS for about two frames, then dropped to 22 FPS and it stays there for the rest of the session.

After AC/CM started showing this issue, I immediately loaded ACC and RaceRoom. FPS smooth as butter. So it's a AC/CM-specific problem. I'm wondering if the crashes associated with the Maple Valley-Merge Meshes On (won't load unless this is turned off) screwed up a setting for AC/CM as the issue started just after that.

Last edited by a moderator:
there was nothing in the credits of the track, I know that the track was made by gilles75 I thus quoted it, but I think that the track which I used comes from F1 classic so there must be all the improvement which had already been made on it, I find a little desolating to want to share what I go and to have reproaches, that does not give too much envy to continue
This Magna Steyr track was not made by Gilles. It is initially from rFactor (Relesys), Neel Jani converted it for GTR2, Gilles finally converted this for AC and a lot of fixes were done by @slider666. You can check the included readme btw, where you can also see that testing was done by @Masscot and myself.
There is also the mention that @MeltFire made new AI files and new grass and some tree textures are from @Mike08
It is a bit strange to see that "your" posted version mentions nothing else than: "gilles75 / Fixed by Assetto-fr.tk"

The Valencia/Ricardo Tormo is a rF2 conversion by Ema, with fixes from @slider666

Thank you for that amazing track. But of course it is completely fictional. So for the search for a Col de Turini track, there a 2 versions I know: The Dirt Rally conversion wgich is still a WIP (from SRPSIMRACING) and the La Bollène-Vésubie - Rallye Monte Carlo from here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/la-bollène-vésubie-rallye-monte-carlo.31908/

The first mentioned version can be seen here:

I hate to be that guy, but SRPSIMRACING is not the author. Ask me how I know...
New version still WIP, new job allows me SFA free time.

This is an extremely well-ventilated PC, and the GPU (GTX 1080 Ti) rarely gets over 70C with AC, and usually stays closer to 60C.

After two optimal sessions, I was away from the PC for about 15 minutes (nothing running), then returned and started another session, and it immediately went from optimal FPS for about two frames, then dropped to 22 FPS and it stays there for the rest of the session.

After AC/CM started showing this issue, I immediately loaded ACC and RaceRoom. FPS smooth as butter. So it's a AC/CM-specific problem. I'm wondering if the crashes associated with the Maple Valley-Merge Meshes On (won't load unless this is turned off) screwed up a setting for AC/CM as the issue started just after that.
Like I said, long shot. Not sure what to suggest. Maybe make a backup of your CM+CSP and delete them and start from a fresh and see what happens?

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1593874874.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1593874874.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 64
This Magna Steyr track was not made by Gilles. It is initially from rFactor (Relesys), Neel Jani converted it for GTR2, Gilles finally converted this for AC and a lot of fixes were done by @slider666. You can check the included readme btw, where you can also see that testing was done by @Masscot and myself.
There is also the mention that @MeltFire made new AI files and new grass and some tree textures are from @Mike08
It is a bit strange to see that "your" posted version mentions nothing else than: "gilles75 / Fixed by Assetto-fr.tk"

The Valencia/Ricardo Tormo is a rF2 conversion by Ema, with fixes from @slider666

@Fanapryde , do you have a link to latest version you have, or what number is the latest one you recomend?

that those who make the modifications note it in the description of the circuit, there was nothing noted so I can't know everything, I'm not a mind reader.

that those who make the modifications note it in the description of the circuit, there was nothing noted so I can't know everything, I'm not a mind reader.
Don't get worked up, the credits were in the readme.txt you already included as @Fanapryde pointed out. No one is attacking you, just pointing some things out that you appear to have missed that's all.

This is just a small ext_config update for the Area 51 track.

I made all the runway signs, cones, and corner posts lit up now. Right now the 2 types of runway signs are basically 2 different color schemes.
Maybe later I will make mixed colors. Seems to point out the track a little more in night view and drives a little better for me with VR.
All other things in previous config file stayed the same. The Corner arrow signs now blink.

Remember, Area 51 track should be somewhat dark since it a top secret Air Base. So it shouldn't be overly lit up, correct? LOL
Of course, they dont do real racing there either. hehe Just kidding. enjoy.

Put the new "ext_config" updated file into "content/tracks/area_51/extension" folder. If you dont have an extension folder, one needs to be created.

Here is the link below. Let me know if this helps driving the track now with night settings.

2019 Nordschleife well-beiing package

- added 2019 brandings around the track (the Hyundai ads on start/finish look **** due to Kunos bad texture assets)
- darkened the grass and vegetation
- removed AC scrittles from the track
- added crowd sounds and some techno music around the whole track (hear it at Hatzenbach, Brünnchen, Schwalbenschwanz, Pflanzgarten & Ferris Wheel)
- added campfires and torches

View attachment 937311
View attachment 937312
View attachment 937313
View attachment 937317
View attachment 937314
upload_2020-7-4_12-39-27-png.937303

upload_2020-7-4_11-16-12-png.937291

Extract the .rar into your ks_nordschleife folder. Works also with ks_nurburgring.

Thanks to @B_Isak who brought this to my attention! It could not be done without your help and initiative! Many thanks to @Fuzo for his soundbank files I have used here.

To get the campfires and smoke to work you need to have "new smoke" in particles fx enabled! Works only with CSP!

I hope many of you will follow and edit the sterileness out of the tracks!

Updated link:
https://we.tl/t-3IyGUGy1HT
Big thanks for sharing your work, with the music also it really adds to the immersion for me. Driving Shaun's Radical at night in VR round there just has made me want to sell my house, buy an SR3 and move to the Nordschleife car park.

It's not too hard to find if you use the search function:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1374#post-13159385

@Kurt Woods Magna v0.99 and Valencia (I still have to try the Assetto-fr version) has no version number but @slider666 ext.config.ini is from 02/03/2020.

Ok, thanks. Thats the one I was looking at way back at page 586 or something like that, just wondering if a newer version was available since then. Did @gutbomb get to the "M's" yet? Lol!

[QUOTE = "Fanapryde, publicación: 13161048, miembro: 254388"] No es demasiado difícil de encontrar si utiliza la función de búsqueda:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1374#post-13159385

[USUARIO = 309908] @Kurt Woods [/ USUARIO] Magna v0.99 y Valencia (todavía tengo que probar la versión Assetto-fr) no tiene número de versión pero [USUARIO = 302146] @ slider666 [/ USUARIO] ext.config. ini es del 02/03/2020. [/ CITA]

Thanks for the reply, the post had it localized, but for some reason I can't see the download link, maybe I'm missing something

[QUOTE = "Fanapryde, publicación: 13161048, miembro: 254388"] No es demasiado difícil de encontrar si utiliza la función de búsqueda:

[USUARIO = 309908] @Kurt Woods [/ USUARIO] Magna v0.99 y Valencia (todavía tengo que probar la versión Assetto-fr) no tiene número de versión pero [USUARIO = 302146] @ slider666 [/ USUARIO] ext.config. ini es del 02/03/2020. [/ CITA]

Thanks for the reply, the post had it localized, but for some reason I can't see the download link, maybe I'm missing something
You need to click this at the bottom of the post: DOWNLOAD: LINK

Hi guys,... i was looking for the bmw m6 acc conversion dont know who the makers are but i have seen it on yt,..

Is there some one that has it and willing to shate it with us/me.

Tnx in advance,...

@Jimlloyd is otherwise engaged so on behalf of Reboot Team here's a little something for the 4th of July.

Chicago Street from GRiD Autosport
Initial conversion by ACU (unreleased), completely overhauled by Reboot Team with additional GRiD 2 environmental assets from CHiQuiFReaKy (used with permission)

Screenshot_honda_nsx_gt3_evo_acc_acu_chicago_street_4-7-120-18-8-35.jpg Screenshot_honda_nsx_gt3_evo_acc_acu_chicago_street_4-7-120-18-12-32.jpg Screenshot_honda_nsx_gt3_evo_acc_acu_chicago_street_4-7-120-18-9-19.jpg Screenshot_honda_nsx_gt3_evo_acc_acu_chicago_street_4-7-120-18-16-32.jpg Screenshot_honda_nsx_gt3_evo_acc_acu_chicago_street_4-7-120-18-10-8.jpg Screenshot_honda_nsx_gt3_evo_acc_acu_chicago_street_4-7-120-18-19-0.jpg

Stuff:
Forward and reverse routes with physical meshes
30 grid slots
VAO, lighting and water configs
Animated steam vents
Animated corner indicators
Animated trains
Animated helicopters
Animated ferris wheels
Balloons and airliners
New environmental textures
New environmental audio

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ctp5h01a1goqmq1/acu_chicago_street.7z/file

After almost 5 months adding skins to SimDreams, Legion and other f1 mods, adding existing cars with new names, here are some samples of the latest car skins of the 1950/51/52/53 season, helmet paintings, caps and other things, it was what I could do with the resources I have, but it is worth the fun, full GRID to test on various tracks of the time.

Alfa Romeo British GP 1950

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1593814718.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1593814718.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 39
  • __custom_showroom_1593814739.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1593814739.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 33
  • __custom_showroom_1593814759.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1593814759.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 33
  • __custom_showroom_1593814776.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1593814776.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 32
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back