Ferrari 360 Liberty Walk by Revenge Garage
-------------------------------------------------
Community Fix

v1.1 - by RMi
- updated engine *no more over-rev blown engine
- corrected suspension *many tweaks
- new previews
- enjoy

[feel free to improve this mod, add your fixes and increment the version to ui_car.json]
I do have a soft spot for these LW kits.
As you're a physics guy... any chance of a grip tune for this thing please? I much prefer looking through the windscreen, not the side windows. ;)

What track do many of you use for testing vehicles/mods?

I've been running on Spa, using Kunos vs a mod, but getting tired of having to run 2 min+ laps. I tend to run a single hot lap and have test well over 800+ mods for quality.

Basically looking for a track that can give a good sense of braking, cornering, and general handling. Thanks for the input ahead of time. :)

Autodromo Geraldo Backer has a bit of everything. Lots of gradient, bumps in awkward places, kerbs, a drifty hairpin, a short curved straight to bring out any sliding, and a faster corner that shows if the downforce feels about right. Best of all its a tiny track, so only takes 25-35 seconds to lap, so its great for testing cars quickly, as you can tell within 2 laps if something is flawed - I tried the 6 Corvettes from that muscle car pack on it last night in about 10 minutes, and only kept 1.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/autodromo-geraldo-backer.10115/

Ebisu West is fantastic as well, and laps in around a minute. Its a lot trickier than Geraldo, but even the F2004 can do the hairpins, so suits anything. Most things will lap in 45-65 seconds.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ebisu-west-circuit.25940/

Other than that, historically I've used Silverstone International the most, but that has no gradient. Donington National is good for higher speed cars.

I'd advise using shorter tracks for testing, because if you use something like the Nordschliefe, it'll take a lap to get a feel of braking and grip levels, and thats at least 6 minutes gone in most cars before you can log a properish time for comparing it to others.

That's a lods problem. In lods.ini the switching between lods is not defined correctly and there is a distance from camera where the AC does not know what lod to use, so it doesn't use any.

EDIT:

Just downloaded. Yes that is the problem. The car has only one lod, and in lods.ini it is defined that the lod is used only from 0 to 16 meters. Change the lods.ini to something like 2000:

[COCKPIT_HR]
DISTANCE_SWITCH=6
[LOD_0]
FILE=rem_rs4_b8_avant.kn5
IN=0
OUT=2000

repack data and this problem should go away.
This solved it! Thanks for your solution. This is why I love this community.
Always trying to help each other and being user friendly and respectful :cheers:👍

Regarding that "list" and AC modding, my two cents...

There are a LOT of mods released for AC which is a nice thing. Old stuff is being improved, reworked, modified, new stuff is developed, great. However, people have different "tastes", expectations, etc. I am very picky. I want the car to drive well and look great. Otherwise I won't keep it, there is no point in it for me, I want to keep my focus on high quality mods and high quality original content. I follow this thread, Discord servers, RD, YouTube, some Facebook pages. At least 90+% of the mods I try is deleted within a couple of minutes, but I am always hopeful something nice will be released (FYI I have around 380 cars and 50-60 tracks installed). There are well regarded modders from whom I don't have anything installed, and that's all right. They do not make the mods for me and according to my expectations, I don't use their mods... but at the same time others can find enjoyment in their work. Am I in the wrong here?

What I don't like about the direction of the modding community is the low quality or converted PAID mods, even from popular people/teams. I don't want to call out anybody though, but it's getting frustrating. I have been around sim racing for around 10 years, and from what I remember it is getting worse and worse - everybody wants to make a business out of it. And I am not talking about teams like RSS, VRC... Another new phenomenon is the encryption of conversions. I understand there is a lot of hard work to make good conversions (I look forward to releases from some teams though, despite them using this method) but it feels kind of odd. Also, AC is a heaven of JDM cars, you see great looking modifications in FB pages, which are 1% available and great, 9% percent available and look and/or drive bad unless they were based on a Kunos car, 20% available for 20 Euros for a car and 70% private...

I understand there is a lot work in making mods. If I had any background in 3D modelling and stuff and/or much free time on my hand, I would certainly try it. I do make small corrections already for problems I can solve, but it's nothing compared to the skills needed for making quality mods. I am thankful for the modding community AC has, but I don't agree with some of the trends the community is following. I know that as a consumer it's easy to say for me, but modding should not be selfish (private content, overpriced content) or exploitative (overpriced low-quality conversions looking good on screenshots only). Some modders also did great damage in the modding community, stealing assets without giving credit, giving rise to the privatization and encryption of mods. If you are okay with the way things are in general, or on GTP, great, I am happy for you. But at the same time others might not share your opinion, and if they do it discretely, I don't see why it shouldn't be accepted.

We are a community, let's try to make our hobby more enjoyable to everyone, and as users let's accept that not everything released must be for us.

"Wrong Hands" is the least of anyone's worry. Just like a kitchen knife could be used to cut food, it can be used to cut people, use it how you will, but then that becomes your way of using it, not a reflection of the tool at hand itself.

Also, Drivers even argue in real life about how a car should be "feeling" when they have to set it up and race. The engineer who assisted in the BK Modding Audi R8 LMS Evo specifically disregarded driver feedback and went with pure data BECAUSE driver feedback skews the data with how a car "should feel", and takes away how it ACTUALLY DRIVES naturally.

That one line, to me at least, shows the arrogance of modders and explains to me why so many sim cars feel 'wrong'.

To disregard feedback from someone, anyone, who has driven the actual car is beyond parody...

Oh well... matters not, i know what i like and i need no internet validation for any of my choices..

(also. i maybe stepping over the line here...but is a modder really an 'engineer'? or by engineer do we mean the 14 year old in his bedroom?)

ACTK Pau Arnos v1.8
Download: http://www.assetto-fr.tk/
Found bug ? Contact me please.
Screenshot_ferrari_458_gt2_actk_arnos_10-7-120-13-49-25.jpg

Screenshot_ferrari_458_gt2_actk_arnos_10-7-120-13-49-5.jpg

Screenshot_ferrari_458_gt2_actk_arnos_10-7-120-13-48-39.jpg

Last edited:
That one line, to me at least, shows the arrogance of modders and explains to me why so many sim cars feel 'wrong'.

To disregard feedback from someone, anyone, who has driven the actual car is beyond parody...

Oh well... matters not, i know what i like and i need no internet validation for any of my choices..

(also. i maybe stepping over the line here...but is a modder really an 'engineer'? or by engineer do we mean the 14 year old in his bedroom?)

By engineer, I meant one who had worked with the car directly in the past, and currently works on other GT3s as of now. We had to get the data and someone to interpret it from somewhere!

:odd: Is that you, Rusty?

rusty, you were banned here twice, you've trashed this place a thousand ways to Sunday so why are you here again?
I guess I struck a nerve here. I saw a list from a guy that had similar standards and taste to mine so I defended him. I tried out some TopRace cars based on his list and was disappointed. I come back and now I'm rusty himself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hate to bump an old post but I have no other choice - do you still have them mate ? Only discovered that category recently and I wanted to drive these in AC alas I can't find them anywhere.

Funny then how the team at Kunos actually pointed out to people many years ago that in a sim like AC, you can't just put in 'real data' and expect the mods to feel like 'real cars'. The software itself isn't that accurate, which is why a simulator that can do that is WAY more expensive than AC running on a PC.

I believe we still can't do realtime CfD anywhere ( I'd be interested how detailed we can go now, if anyone actually knows ) and proper contact patch modelling would involve a level of track detail that just isn't done yet. I've not done car work but I've done sim physics modelling elsewhere, and you need raw data *and* user experience for good results, the art is interpreting *both* - if nothing else, so you can work out what corners are ok to cut off.

I guess I struck a nerve here. I saw a list from a guy that had similar standards and taste to mine so I defended him. I tried out some TopRace cars based on his list and was disappointed. I come back and now I'm rusty himself.
Timing was not in your favor. You have a new account, and your 2nd post is defending Rusty’s list. So I was curious. I appreciate your unbiased opinion on TopRace cars.

I can’t speak for the others.

As LSM can testify, that first chicane caused a lot of trouble during AI development, but you should have seen how tight it was before the team opened it up for better flow.
Maybe we'll release a chicane-free ribbon at some point in the future (or if anyone else wants to, please do so), but in the meantime I really do think that this track is best enjoyed with smaller grids of medium pace cars. I have flawless races against a dozen AI using the Kunos MX5 ND and have even been two abreast at full throttle through that first chicane without incident. Cars in that pace range seem perfect for walled-in tracks like this that have no run-off areas, even though ISR touted it as an E-Prix track.
U might want to drop the AI aggression down a bit, that may help with the pile ups. I read somewhere the aggressiveness set too high on some classes of cars will cause all sorts of problems and not only with turns, but with other AI cars as well. try dropping it to 60 or 50 and see if that makes any difference. I sometimes drop it as low as 30% when certain cars are used. When I was testing the AI on this track I had the aggression on 45%

EDIT: and in case anybody wants to know, When testing AI lines, I use AI strength at 100% all the time and usually 45-60% for the AI aggression depending on the cars used. Seems to work well for me that way anyway.

Last edited:
I do have a soft spot for these LW kits.
As you're a physics guy... any chance of a grip tune for this thing please? I much prefer looking through the windscreen, not the side windows. ;)
Since someone else has also asked for a "grip" version, I will do the physics and re-release soon. I dont do 3d or textures, so you or someone else can do that. Create community effort... make your fix.

This track is lovely :) Thank you to all involved in bringing it to us in this excellent state. And, at night, what a beauty! Performs really well too.

I am, though, getting AI pile ups in the first lap at the first chicane. It seems to happen every time, just after race start. I know these sort of chicanes can be very tricky to get right for the AI. I'm using a Ferrari 458 S3 at 95% AI and aggressiveness in the 80s.

Yeah, I had the same problem with Gilles version of this track. Probably funneling down the side lines more before we get to the chicane and adding some AI hints will solve most of the problem, but there will still be a few incidents at that first chicane. I ran the RSS Americas F1 cars and they seemed to behave for the most part, but I was only running 9 AI cars.

That first chicane right away, doesnt give the AI enough time to spread out on first lap, so we almost with the side lines force them into single file.

I agree with @LiquidSkyMan that aggression makes a big difference with that first chicane. Then the cars are not fighting as much for position at the chicane.

Last edited:
Hate to bump an old post but I have no other choice - do you still have them mate ? Only discovered that category recently and I wanted to drive these in AC alas I can't find them anywhere.
Yes. I have since found an updated version of these 2016 version cars. Actually drive much better now. Started updating them a little more (not much, new tyres as they do need little something on the grip side), but other mods pulled me away from this. Will do it sometime. But I can upload this updated 1.3 version later tonight, not at the computer now. There is also a different version of these mods, the 2018 version, and for those you have 2020 skins on RD. But those are graphically horrible. Also the physics are much worse than on these 2016 cars. Think I have those as well somewhere. Want those also?

Last edited:
My two cents on the much-debated topic

I think @Masscot , @SoloWingX and @UolterUait sum it up perfectly. Generally it's pretty harsh to see some names here being classed the same as the dreadful SimDream, RTM and likewise, but we have to admit that most AC mods are not up to the standard that they should and could be (not many can go up against the likes of Pessio or A3DR, to be absolutely honest). There's always room for improvement and things to be learnt to make this platform even more enjoyable for every of us fans.

And as for Rusty, although i absolutely get why people would hate him so much, he does have a good and very reasonable point regarding the provided vehicle pipelines and moreover his rating standard. Different people have different perspective and it is not obliged to follow Rusty and his demand for mods.

It's best to remain neutral and know your source for this one.

I just had a 4.3MB AC update. What's that? They changed the 488 EVO Challenge skins details.

https://steamdb.info/patchnotes/5392467/

Found out via the Discord channel of Ferrari Hublot Esport Series

I'm really disappointed with the route Kunos have taken with this, would it really have been so difficult to do what KTM or Dallara did and just release the car for people that registered for the event? Why the hell are they suddenly messing about with a game that's had two years to evolve without them, fiddling with data files of other cars and not giving explanations of why or what they've changed?

Also with the latest update, do they not realise how far AC and the community has come? Stuff like removing skins in an update... really? As if people won't just immediately reinstall them, it's pointless micromanagement at best.

ACTK Pau Arnos v1.0

Thank you for that conversion, I discovered that track recently when a scratch made version appeared on RD, as it is so often the case with scratch made, they are released in a pre-beta state, do not look realistic and will not get any better before ages, if it ever happens.
This conversion, far from perfect, is much more realistic and gives a better immersion on that track. Thank you for all your contributions.

I agre. I was agreeing (a like) the other day with cote da azur (above) on a RD thread about Kunos releasing new DLC as there's a market for it, but on the hand I dunno if I want that now as that would or could mean Kunos being more hands on with Assetto - and if they look deep enough they may decide stuff which enables (disables) csp to operate as it does. But saying that if they introduced new features then that would be another thing. Assetto has got loads of miles left in it if they wanted to prolong it themselves.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back