Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,791 comments
I'm really disappointed with the route Kunos have taken with this, would it really have been so difficult to do what KTM or Dallara did and just release the car for people that registered for the event? Why the hell are they suddenly messing about with a game that's had two years to evolve without them, fiddling with data files of other cars and not giving explanations of why or what they've changed?

Pretty much sure it per Ferrari request, we pretty much know if Ferrari bit stingy on mod and their car.

Also with the latest update, do they not realise how far AC and the community has come? Stuff like removing skins in an update... really? As if people won't just immediately reinstall them, it's pointless micromanagement at best.

I mean.... it their car so their choice.

Last thing I’m gonna say about that list, then I’m done.

Enjoy what you like. If you want your mods to be as realistic as possible, the go ahead and do that. If you want mods that aren’t as realistic but have a fun driving experience, that’s great to.

Just don’t tell people what they can and can’t enjoy, or what they should and shouldn’t be enjoying. Also don’t be condescending to another modded when the quality of their 3D model isn’t up to YOUR standards. Should they be following the pipeline? Sure. But don’t go around sitting high and mighty because you know how to make a model better than they do, and that they should feel bad about it.

Right, so for this you need the original download.
Stumbled across this Croft RX track as i love slinging stuff around on road / dirt. I found a use for SUV's put it that way..
Where it not for the fact the it felt to me really good to drive on i would of binned it and not bothered.
The sharemods link is what i used so not mine...

download this: track
https://sharemods.com/c311un87nkcz/RX_croft.7z.html

But so far i have:

Made the road look about as good as i can, its made of tiles and was a lot worse...
Added dirt/dust on off road sections
GRASS FX
Added 2 cameras.
Darkened grass plus trees and road.
change few things via skin folder
added very basic lights.

download this: 'improvements'
https://mega.nz/file/tRkAmCwI#rkAkLiV6zLVq7oPQXlIw-QXZWTyzYNCbTHFIUTXkfUk

Not claiming to have done anything bar just spent bit of time rolling it in glitter...it does still stink though.

Add this which is simply cameras, grass fx, lights etc...chuck it into track folder and should sort it all out...make sure you click the skin to 'on' in CM..

Any probs let me know...also is anyone can explain how or if it is possible to make the road and dirt look better i am all ears...

This is what it looked like:
Screenshot_ks_maserati_levante_rx_croft_9-8-120-23-23-2.jpg

Now:

Screenshot_ks_toyota_celica_st185_rx_croft_10-8-120-15-16-53.jpg
Screenshot_ks_maserati_levante_rx_croft_10-8-120-15-5-3.jpg
Screenshot_ks_maserati_levante_rx_croft_10-8-120-15-7-8.jpg

Last edited:
Can I ask and if anyone knows.... I have full csp and I noticed when I go above the 1.40 preview (maybe 1.27 cant remember) version I have the odd stutters when I jump to recommended 1.46 version. Luckily I had an assetto back up to go back down to 1.40 as csp has now made older versions unobtainable. If I want to add grass fx to my old 1.40 preview version is there way to do things like this without updating CSP itself. Thanks

Last edited:
Yes. I have since found an updated version of these 2016 version cars. Actually drive much better now. Started updating them a little more (not much, new tyres as they do need little something on the grip side), but other mods pulled me away from this. Will do it sometime. But I can upload this updated 1.3 version later tonight, not at the computer now. There is also a different version of these mods, the 2018 version, and for those you have 2020 skins on RD. But those are graphically horrible. Also the physics are much worse than on these 2016 cars. Think I have those as well somewhere. Want those also?

Aye if it's not too much for you ! Spectacular machines.

Hmm. This conversation had me thinking... regarding physics and how they are interpreted by the user/player, would certainly depend a lot on the hardware and input devices, as well as game settings that the user/player is using. What do we use as a base for determining the level of feel/physics quality when everyone is running differently setup rigs? Not bashing anyone. Just something that popped in my head while reading the thread. Hope you guys are doing well. Cheers and happy racing.

Hmm. This conversation had me thinking... regarding physics and how they are interpreted by the user/player, would certainly depend a lot on the hardware and input devices, as well as game settings that the user/player is using. What do we use as a base for determining the level of feel/physics quality when everyone is running differently setup rigs? Not bashing anyone. Just something that popped in my head while reading the thread. Hope you guys are doing well. Cheers and happy racing.
Very true. I've seen physics debates on forums where it eventually transpired that some of the more vocal participants were using joypads.

What track do many of you use for testing vehicles/mods?

I've been running on Spa, using Kunos vs a mod, but getting tired of having to run 2 min+ laps. I tend to run a single hot lap and have test well over 800+ mods for quality.

Basically looking for a track that can give a good sense of braking, cornering, and general handling. Thanks for the input ahead of time. :)

I'm using Mosport

I use LilSki's Road America because...
Repeatable results...it's very easy to keep laptimes within a few tenths (on a 4-mile course!) driving at eight tenths
Variety...it's got everything I need, without monkey-wrenches like 220-degree hairpins, blind turns, or vertical launching pads
Applicability...it applies to major tracks like Spa and the 'Ring, which I'd use if they weren't so tiresome
Completeness...it's got long straights, fast turns, slow turns, tricky turns and heavy braking zones
And one more thing...it's got the Carousel, the closest thing you'll find to a skid pad on any modern track.

Check out this very well made video. People out there making art in Assetto Corsa. Don't download the car though please. It's not on the list of good. Kindly pass by.

Saab 9-3 XWD Sportcombi
by - Adriano Cotta Ramusino‎
Specs:
280 BHP
400 NM
No Encryption!
CSP latest version is required.

Credits:
Huge thanks to Micke Pesu for all the fixes and additions, but mosly for the colossal clip below. Definitely go check it out cause it's a masterpiece, and keep your eyes peeled cause he's rumored to be about to drop his own version of this beauty and you don't wanna miss that!
3D Shell: Hum3D
3D Work: me
Sounds: Kunos
Physics: me
Skins: me
!!! IF SHARED PLEASE USE LINKS PROVIDED AND ALL CREDITS !!!

Thanks For Checking It Out & Enjoy!

Download Link:
https://bit.ly/saab_93_combi

YouTube Link:

Right, so for this you need the original download.
Stumbled across this Croft RX track as i love slinging stuff around on road / dirt. I found a use for SUV's put it that way..
Where it not for the fact the it felt to me really good to drive on i would of binned it and not bothered.
The sharemods link is what i used so not mine...

download this: track
https://sharemods.com/c311un87nkcz/RX_croft.7z.html

But so far i have:

Made the road look about as good as i can, its made of tiles and was a lot worse...
Added dirt/dust on off road sections
GRASS FX
Added 2 cameras.
Darkened grass plus trees and road.
change few things via skin folder
added very basic lights.

download this: 'improvements'
https://mega.nz/file/tRkAmCwI#rkAkLiV6zLVq7oPQXlIw-QXZWTyzYNCbTHFIUTXkfUk

Not claiming to have done anything bar just spent bit of time rolling it in glitter...it does still stink though.

Add this which is simply cameras, grass fx, lights etc...chuck it into track folder and should sort it all out...make sure you click the skin to 'on' in CM..

Any probs let me know...also is anyone can explain how or if it is possible to make the road and dirt look better i am all ears...

This is what it looked like:
View attachment 948277

Now:

View attachment 948273 View attachment 948275 View attachment 948276

hehe, thank you - really great fun with the CB750 crosskarts!
can you add pits ai, so we can make a race weekend?

Im looking for the race one

Here. Have fun.
bhem.png

https://we.tl/t-mUSAKzGqr6

I guarantee it won't be...

Feel over data for me everytime.... none of this is real anyway and i want to enjoy myself, if the mod car drivers like crap but happens to have 1 on 1 data from real life then sod that...

Add to that far too many sim racers actually think racing cars are made to have no grip and engineers (the most important people) are given multi million pound budgets to design cars that offer no grip or control to the driver.....where only some fictional elite of aliens can even get them around a bend without spinning 360...

Utterly demented thinking...

GT3 cars are the finest example of cars made for rich gentleman drivers to live out their fantasies of being a racing God...

So well said. Exactly my thoughts concerning this subjet.
Amazing how some ignorant people, thinks that racing cars are very low grip cars to master. Hilarious. And ridiculous.

Regarding this Rusty list, well, lists, for a number of reasons I can't be bothered to get into it

But what I will say is, some think that the top tier RD cars mods are very realistic and generally awesome.

Take Pessio's Mini for example its looks very nice and is good etc, but for me it doesn't really feel how that mini did back in the day imo which is to be expected - aphidgod's Subaru Impreza over on RD feels OFF for me but has very high praise over on RD. Whereas the Skoda RS from over on RD feels awesome to me, absolutely love it - is it absolutely "physically" realistic probably not and probably doesn't feel like that in real life but great nevertheless. There are cars created and posted here and some feel really great whilst others not so much - all subjective though as it's personal feel to a great extent.

When it comes to official content I don't particulary think that many of Kunos own cars feel absolutely realistic but many of them feel absolutely great to drive with and I think that's what Kunos has done - made sure they drive great whether the physics are absolutely accurate or not.

Some people love AMS cars and some people think they're terrible.

I think the point I'm trying to make is that ones person's idea of what makes something feel great to drive could be the total opposite for another. Driving feel can be totally subjective from one person's opinion to another so lists like Rusty's are meh to me....

Instead of lists just try them for yourself.

Well said aswell.
You should change your nick to pen. A kind of promotion.;)
Joking aside, you nailed the question very well and it reminds me my task. 'Go for your (not you, ofcourse) feelings and your taste, just don't ask opinions for everything in life. Don't live like a cattle, doing and thinking what the others do.'

This solved it! Thanks for your solution. This is why I love this community.
Always trying to help each other and being user friendly and respectful :cheers:👍

I agree with you, altough this solution has been posted sometimes.

Regarding that "list" and AC modding, my two cents...

There are a LOT of mods released for AC which is a nice thing. Old stuff is being improved, reworked, modified, new stuff is developed, great. However, people have different "tastes", expectations, etc. I am very picky. I want the car to drive well and look great. Otherwise I won't keep it, there is no point in it for me, I want to keep my focus on high quality mods and high quality original content. I follow this thread, Discord servers, RD, YouTube, some Facebook pages. At least 90+% of the mods I try is deleted within a couple of minutes, but I am always hopeful something nice will be released (FYI I have around 380 cars and 50-60 tracks installed). There are well regarded modders from whom I don't have anything installed, and that's all right. They do not make the mods for me and according to my expectations, I don't use their mods... but at the same time others can find enjoyment in their work. Am I in the wrong here?

What I don't like about the direction of the modding community is the low quality or converted PAID mods, even from popular people/teams. I don't want to call out anybody though, but it's getting frustrating. I have been around sim racing for around 10 years, and from what I remember it is getting worse and worse - everybody wants to make a business out of it. And I am not talking about teams like RSS, VRC... Another new phenomenon is the encryption of conversions. I understand there is a lot of hard work to make good conversions (I look forward to releases from some teams though, despite them using this method) but it feels kind of odd. Also, AC is a heaven of JDM cars, you see great looking modifications in FB pages, which are 1% available and great, 9% percent available and look and/or drive bad unless they were based on a Kunos car, 20% available for 20 Euros for a car and 70% private...

I understand there is a lot work in making mods. If I had any background in 3D modelling and stuff and/or much free time on my hand, I would certainly try it. I do make small corrections already for problems I can solve, but it's nothing compared to the skills needed for making quality mods. I am thankful for the modding community AC has, but I don't agree with some of the trends the community is following. I know that as a consumer it's easy to say for me, but modding should not be selfish (private content, overpriced content) or exploitative (overpriced low-quality conversions looking good on screenshots only). Some modders also did great damage in the modding community, stealing assets without giving credit, giving rise to the privatization and encryption of mods. If you are okay with the way things are in general, or on GTP, great, I am happy for you. But at the same time others might not share your opinion, and if they do it discretely, I don't see why it shouldn't be accepted.

We are a community, let's try to make our hobby more enjoyable to everyone, and as users let's accept that not everything released must be for us.

Important post too. Well said.

I believe we still can't do realtime CfD anywhere ( I'd be interested how detailed we can go now, if anyone actually knows ) and proper contact patch modelling would involve a level of track detail that just isn't done yet. I've not done car work but I've done sim physics modelling elsewhere, and you need raw data *and* user experience for good results, the art is interpreting *both* - if nothing else, so you can work out what corners are ok to cut off.

I quoted you for some reason, but after a few quotes, I don't remeber why. Damn age. Well, cheers.

Well guys I didn't mean to cause such a controversy, sorry I posted the link I guess.

Nonsense. Nothing wrong with tour post. Personal opinion, others may desagree with my agree. Do you agree? :odd:
Cheers mate. :cheers:

hehe, thank you - really great fun with the CB750 crosskarts!
can you add pits ai, so we can make a race weekend?

This is the problem, all i do is add extensions and skins.
I have just noticed that the track has the start / finish timing line wrong as it has the best laps as 2 seconds!!

Does anyone know how I can change that so the lap times aren't wrong?

I have googled but nothing.

So basically the hot lap and race start you take off and the lap timer starts and stops at 2 seconds, then starts again, but means the best lap is wrong that it saves... WELL ANNOYING!

Pretty sure i have done this before so i'll keep it simple.

Aero was pretty good in the 90's. As good if not better than the 80's ground effect cars that were banned.. Not to mention the awful cheat that was active suspensions and TC..

1992 was 'peak downforce"
RF2 is 'night and day' because grip is silly GPL old gits idea of racing car grip..i.e. very little...
(all driver skill you see...lolzzzzzzzzzzzzz.)

1968: 1000lbs@150mph - high wings
1976: 800lbs@150mph
1978: 2000lbs@150mph
1980: 3000lbs@150mph
1981: 2300lbs@150mph - skirts banned
1982: 2500lbs@150mph
1983: 2000lbs@150mph - flat bottom
1986: 2500lbs@150mph
1992: 3500lbs@150mph - peak downforce
1995: 1800lbs@150mph - stepped floor, smaller wings
2000: 2600lbs@150mph

For Tyrrell F1 cars (SAE paper from Ben Agathangelou and Mike Gascoyne) :

1989: 2200lbs@150mph
1990: 2300lbs@150mph
1991: 2450lbs@150mph
1992: 2750lbs@150mph
1993: 2450lbs@150mph
1994: 2350lbs@150mph
1995: 2050lbs@150mph
1996: 2350lbs@150mph
1997: 2500lbs@150mph
Notice how I was talking about the MP4/8, a car made for the 1993 season.
Regulation changes in 1993 lessened the cars downforce, so it's still not an excuse for the car going flat through corners it has no right to.

This is actually near the exact reason the list was made in the first place. The main objective with the list was NOT to in anyway upset creators, or harass them, but to highlight the lack of all the basic fundamentals necessary to create a car mod which has been ever so prevalent within the Assetto Corsa Community. The bad list was to show what it can look like when the PIPELINE standards were ignored in varying capacities, while the good shows examples of what you can achieve when you follow them, and in some cases even add to them.
yeah if it wasnt made to harass creators whats with that condescending tone? thats what i dont get. if he wants to help and give constructive criticism to the modders (like people do all the time here on gtp lol) he can reach them directly instead of thrashing them out of nowhere, with that attitude that guy will only make new modders afraid to try since if your mod isnt at kunos quality, you are immediately bad and need to be put on a list. by making a list he is just shamming them, he could have left their names out even, that is of course, if he wanted to do any good, something i highly doubt

//anyway last post about this too

Notice how I was talking about the MP4/8, a car made for the 1993 season.
Regulation changes in 1993 lessened the cars downforce, so it's still not an excuse for the car going flat through corners it has no right to.

1993 they used active suspension.... those cars griped better than the ones today!

"1993 marked the height of the use of electronics technology in Formula One, with perhaps the most advanced and sophisticated F1 cars ever built"

But...you are right...no grip at all in them...
The williams made mario kart look like a sim...

"The championship-winning Williams car, the FW15C, featured hydraulically- and electronically-controlled active suspension, plus power steering, anti-lock brakes, fly-by-wire controls, traction control, a semi-automatic gearbox that could be switched over to fully automatic, highly sophisticated on-board telemetry, pneumatic valve springs in the engine, and even a "push to pass" system that, at least in theory, made overtaking easier."

Hey guys. I’ve successfully got all my mods running again on AC on my new laptop and it was working fine, but after installing CSP and Sol the load times take almost 20 minutes to half an hour for a single event. I’ve seen other people have the same problem but I haven’t come across any one single fix that anyone seems to know besides disabling CSP entirely. I was wondering if any of you have had a similar issue and what you did to alleviate it.

1993 they used active suspension.... those cars griped better than the ones today!

"1993 marked the height of the use of electronics technology in Formula One, with perhaps the most advanced and sophisticated F1 cars ever built"

But...you are right...no grip at all in them...
The williams made mario kart look like a sim...

"The championship-winning Williams car, the FW15C, featured hydraulically- and electronically-controlled active suspension, plus power steering, anti-lock brakes, fly-by-wire controls, traction control, a semi-automatic gearbox that could be switched over to fully automatic, highly sophisticated on-board telemetry, pneumatic valve springs in the engine, and even a "push to pass" system that, at least in theory, made overtaking easier."
Again, bringing up a different car to the one I was discussing.
Watch onboards of the MP4/8. it has to lift through 130R, while ASR's MP4/8 goes through it flat like its not even a corner.
Then again you said you think driver feedback is more important than actual data, so I doubt you care much about the realistic physics.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back