Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,745 comments
Again, bringing up a different car to the one I was discussing.
Watch onboards of the MP4/8. it has to lift through 130R, while ASR's MP4/8 goes through it flat like its not even a corner.
Then again you said you think driver feedback is more important than actual data, so I doubt you care much about the realistic physics.
Which year 130R though? It's been reprofiled completely and is easily flat now, where the early 90's needed a lift at the very least.

Right, so for this you need the original download.
Stumbled across this Croft RX track as i love slinging stuff around on road / dirt. I found a use for SUV's put it that way..
Where it not for the fact the it felt to me really good to drive on i would of binned it and not bothered.
The sharemods link is what i used so not mine...

download this: track
https://sharemods.com/c311un87nkcz/RX_croft.7z.html

But so far i have:

Made the road look about as good as i can, its made of tiles and was a lot worse...
Added dirt/dust on off road sections
GRASS FX
Added 2 cameras.
Darkened grass plus trees and road.
change few things via skin folder
added very basic lights.

download this: 'improvements'
https://mega.nz/file/tRkAmCwI#rkAkLiV6zLVq7oPQXlIw-QXZWTyzYNCbTHFIUTXkfUk

Not claiming to have done anything bar just spent bit of time rolling it in glitter...it does still stink though.

Add this which is simply cameras, grass fx, lights etc...chuck it into track folder and should sort it all out...make sure you click the skin to 'on' in CM..

Any probs let me know...also is anyone can explain how or if it is possible to make the road and dirt look better i am all ears...

This is what it looked like:
View attachment 948277

Now:

View attachment 948273 View attachment 948275 View attachment 948276

Just remembered where i got the track from:

https://assettorallygrb.wixsite.com/rallygrb/copia-di-track

Just thought i better add the original link in somewhere...

So any advice how i can sort out moving the start / finish line?
And get the AI to line up behind instead of in a line?

Again, bringing up a different car to the one I was discussing.
Watch onboards of the MP4/8. it has to lift through 130R, while ASR's MP4/8 goes through it flat like its not even a corner.
Then again you said you think driver feedback is more important than actual data, so I doubt you care much about the realistic physics.

You uploaded 1.63 CSP rain fx to, you know where........
I'd step away from questioning what i care about physics wise....

Actual data is only good in real life motorsport... because stuff there is real.

A lot of sim racing is just making stuff feel right.....not all, but a lot of it..

1993 F1 used active suspension and TC......
Maybe they could not be drive totally flat...but you can in a sim...so what...they were not slipping all over the place like on ice which is how you think it is.......end of conversation...

Just tease of my upcoming skin pack

1kxNjge.jpg

q7CqfgO.jpg

Just remembered where i got the track from:

https://assettorallygrb.wixsite.com/rallygrb/copia-di-track

Just thought i better add the original link in somewhere...

So any advice how i can sort out moving the start / finish line?
And get the AI to line up behind instead of in a line?

Sounds like you'll need to edit the timing objects' positions in 3dsimed or other 3d software. 3dsimed works fine though.

You uploaded 1.63 CSP rain fx to, you know where........
I'd step away from questioning what i care about physics wise....

Actual data is only good in real life motorsport... because stuff there is real.

A lot of sim racing is just making stuff feel right.....not all, but a lot of it..

1993 F1 used active suspension and TC......
Maybe they could not be drive totally flat...but you can in a sim...so what...they were not slipping all over the place like on ice which is how you think it is.......end of conversation...
Data doesnt matter in a sim? What?
Extended physics fixes most of these data translation "issues" you talk about.
Simulations are based on reality. If the car is not realistic, it is a bad mod. The aim is for realism, this is Assetto Corsa not GTA.
Also I don't see how traction control got added into this conversation, has nothing to do with grip.

So it seems that CSP is certainly causing the issue with my loading times. Disabling CSP makes the game load everything (20+car grids) in a couple seconds, whereas with CSP enabled it takes 30 minutes.

Looks like I’ll have to keep CSP disabled until I can find out why this is happening and how to fix it.

Check out this very well made video. People out there making art in Assetto Corsa. Don't download the car though please. It's not on the list of good. Kindly pass by.

Saab 9-3 XWD Sportcombi
by - Adriano Cotta Ramusino‎
Specs:
280 BHP
400 NM
No Encryption!
CSP latest version is required.

Credits:
Huge thanks to Micke Pesu for all the fixes and additions, but mosly for the colossal clip below. Definitely go check it out cause it's a masterpiece, and keep your eyes peeled cause he's rumored to be about to drop his own version of this beauty and you don't wanna miss that!
3D Shell: Hum3D
3D Work: me
Sounds: Kunos
Physics: me
Skins: me
!!! IF SHARED PLEASE USE LINKS PROVIDED AND ALL CREDITS !!!

Thanks For Checking It Out & Enjoy!

Download Link:
https://bit.ly/saab_93_combi

YouTube Link:

Beautiful video. But my problem with the car is, that it no longer has the cat on the passenger seat, like the Saab 9-3 Aero Turbo:

upload_2020-8-10_19-39-18.png

Car DL: https://mega.nz/file/Nd8BRKSR#FsHKe2S9P2hmgBZEAYAJn52A59ruh2NKpTEuhcvIw8g

Last edited:
ripping the car model from rF2 isn't that easy as it seems, huh

Converting an ACC model isn't a magic trick too. Having a high details 3d model, plus having all high quality textures you need, plus all sound files you need..... just a puzzle for some hours. Putting unrealistic "real" data in it, "BAM".... finished is the super mod. Damn, a lot of own work are implemented in this mod... oh wait....

Last edited:
Check out this very well made video. People out there making art in Assetto Corsa. Don't download the car though please. It's not on the list of good. Kindly pass by.

Saab 9-3 XWD Sportcombi
by - Adriano Cotta Ramusino‎
Specs:
280 BHP
400 NM
No Encryption!
CSP latest version is required.

Credits:
Huge thanks to Micke Pesu for all the fixes and additions, but mosly for the colossal clip below. Definitely go check it out cause it's a masterpiece, and keep your eyes peeled cause he's rumored to be about to drop his own version of this beauty and you don't wanna miss that!
3D Shell: Hum3D
3D Work: me
Sounds: Kunos
Physics: me
Skins: me
!!! IF SHARED PLEASE USE LINKS PROVIDED AND ALL CREDITS !!!

Thanks For Checking It Out & Enjoy!

Download Link:
https://bit.ly/saab_93_combi

YouTube Link:

No 'Good List' no buy!, I mean, no download. :lol::lol:

Aww shame - I don't use Gue mods but I'm not gonna stoke the already fuel filled fire with my reasons why.
:lol:👍

Is SOL really necessary? Before you guys want to burn me for saying nonsense, let me explain: yesterday I decided to try a race without SOL and with a Kunos filter (dark default) and I don't think it looks bad at all. I use VR and maybe that influences. Apart from everything looking really good, I noticed two things that I liked: the first is that all that fog went away, which I have never made much sense of (except, of course, in foggy climates, which I never use), which made everything look clearer and sharper. The second thing I liked is that although the FPS did not vary much, everything flowed better, that is, less stuttering. The only negative is that in some combinations of time and weather, the clouds look a bit odd, but I also have to say that CSP clouds still look more natural than SOL 3D ones. Is there anyone else who doesn't use SOL? I would like to hear other ideas or opinions.

Data doesnt matter in a sim? What?
Extended physics fixes most of these data translation "issues" you talk about.
Simulations are based on reality. If the car is not realistic, it is a bad mod. The aim is for realism, this is Assetto Corsa not GTA.
Also I don't see how traction control got added into this conversation, has nothing to do with grip.

Data as far as the basics of the car, but you are talking about some 1 on 1 definitive data.

You said that 1993 F1 cars should not have grip..... you are so utterly wrong it is painful to witness. Painful.

Guys, I separated out the Faux 1967 layout from Legion's Daytona so that I could skin it with vintage signage. I'd be happy with just replacing the main DAYTONA signs but I can't find what that large track banner looked like back then so I can recreate it. Does anyone have an image of it?

[EDIT] ergg, I think I found an image of it. hard to see though.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back