Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,789 comments
That will be good to see more Group 5s/GTX to arrive to the game. i think the japan Group 5s will be harder to mod apart from the silvia since models are out there. the Datsun is possible since the model from Forza is on gamemodels but not sure if anymore GTXs/Group 5 models have been done yet ready to become a mod. Afaik the 3.0 CSL might be too but not the Group 5 body one afaik
I have created 1 extra car, the Dekon Turbo and tried to BoP a little bit. The M1 (v8) is spec'd and is only 1 car (and the Dturbo) as are most of the others ready to race. New previews and info are done... research was made according to weight and HP to be historically accurate.
Basically most of the physics changes/fixes are done and could be released as "Pack1".
- legion_chevy_dekon_monza
- legion_chevy_dekon_monza_turbo (new)
- legion_ferrari_512bb_lm
- legion_greenwood_corvette
- legion_march_bmw_m1_v8 (this only competed at Daytona, all other races were in Japan)
- legion_roush_mustang

Preferably is for someone to clean up the gfx and other errata (legion?) unless someone here wants to commit the time and I can PM the pack to them.

Its a good "mod" collection. Honestly if you add the Porsches, BoP becomes irrelevant as they simply won nearly every race.

(if 'yall noticed... I am making mods useable, driveable, from those that "could have been good", because they are ones I WANT TO DRIVE...
and I dont want to be the only one with decent versions... and others can enjoy the mods. Unfortunately I no longer do 3d/texture work)

Seems I have a full BPR 1997 and templates including a GT1

I think the last season of the BPR was 1996, in 1997 it went to FIAGT. Anyway, there is still no full BPR grid in AC, just a few liveries.
Regarding the cars in GTR2 the list is endless, personally I love the mods SCC 1998-2008 and the Daytona 24hs 2006 and of course the Endurance Enduracer from rFactor.

Last edited:
I have no idea as it's been so long ahah. Some GTR2 forums, I think ? Anyway.

rolex_daytona_24h_2006_mod_1.jpg

I download GTR2 mods from this site.

well two things..

1: that was best I can manage..
View attachment 948959

2: I am a sore loser so I am going to give up on this challenge in style!
View attachment 948960

That's a pretty decent laptime and in ballpark to the rest of the participants... had a member in the high 01:25.xxx (with TC off), so might give it another try like this and see what happens... Would you have been quicker IRL on two wheels?

@ales100i - another potential participant here (round-them-up)

Re: a "league"

We've all been around... leaues break down, ppl dont shhow, etc etc.
honestly, IMHO wouldn't a "open server" track-day or sprint style races that are up for a week or so with a particular cars/tracks combo... be better for this community? There are open Shuto servers etc too. IDK... ideas?

I could host a server, I have in the past on a linux box I have... (but not really wanting to do it lol)

Kremer isn't in GTR2 but the yellow one is !

fP7wq1V.png

MLTRuFd.png

VyHpebD.png

Replaying GTR2 last night made me realize that AC is missing some iconic cars :

zJBmRO0.png

C0bHbFy.png

Wish these were in AC / I could port them over.

Thank you so much, i'll get back to work! And if you could convert these cars, can be added to the FIA GT roster like that porsche 911 gt2, and
i can't wait to see that lotu- i mean bitter gt1.

Can someone do me a favor? If you have the ACFL 34 Ford Legends car can you run a 16 to 20 car grid and let me know if you see the wheels and sometimes the body of the car disappear around 5 cars ahead and reappear at inconsistent distances. Driving me nuts.

Also, please note, I'm talking about the ACFL version of this car:
acfl_mod_legend

There is another version out there, but I'm specifically talking about the ACFL version.

I'm also seeing a similar issue with the KS-76 Class Union C2 gokarts. If you have that one, can you check? Driver disappearing at weird times, etc.

Thanks much, my friends.
Teddie

St Petersburg, Florida track - couple small additions I did a while back:

I added 20 pit stalls and Grid locations to the authors - TheRealPaul track for doing AI racing.
The Pit Area works Properly. My version is version 0.5
Track so far is very good, and fun to do AI races with.
I did a couple last night with the Radical SR3 cars.

What needs to be done for the track - as some say TLC.

- Track graphics needs to be looked at. Some objects - black tall lamps are not double sided
There may be other objects the same way.

- No config files - just basic track folder items.
- No VAO file
- track textures may be kind of bright.
- there are replay cameras work fairly well - they might be done a little better
- Fast lane line color zones need to be done better/properly, Mostly yellow line around track - no green
- I did new side lines a while back and seem to work good for track.
- there are mesh bumps here and there around the track, whether that is good or bad, not sure
few of them are quite noticeable.
- cant remember, but I think some of the track walls might be sticky, where car hits wall and you cant break away.
- There is one hole in the pits. main drivable pit surface ok, there is a little inlet from pits to road interior of track, it falls through the
road to a lower grass base level of the track.
- there may be other things that I cant think of

I now have many of the US tracks Road-Street--Ovals that Indycar raced on and they are fun to drive on.

Anyway - Here is the link for the track: enjoy

in case y'all are wondering I actually converted this skin from 1 seperate mod of a 512 to legions 512. if you go on assettoland there is 2 512s
the one i got this skin from is remco's 512, for this i renamed the files for legions and converted all the files to put onto that one so you can get the 64 to be racing as a legion 512.

https://mega.nz/file/DY9BUAAK#JEfg2fH-v88kRsWLBbzliyhkU2Loqvo_FayT32WC1KU

edit: i did the wrong and put the one without decryption key in

I added 20 pit stalls and Grid locations to the authors - TheRealPaul track for doing AI racing.

- Track graphics needs to be looked at. Some objects - black tall lamps are not double sided

- No VAO file
- there are replay cameras work fairly well - they might be done a little better
- Fast lane line color zones need to be done better/properly, Mostly yellow line around track - no green
- there are mesh bumps here and there around the track, whether that is good or bad, not sure
- cant remember, but I think some of the track walls might be sticky, where car hits wall and you cant break away.
- There is one hole in the pits. main drivable pit surface ok, there is a little inlet from pits to road interior of track, it falls through the

I now have many of the US tracks Road-Street--Ovals that Indycar raced on and they are fun to drive on.

Many thanks, when the RSS FNA came out this was one track I was surprised wasn't available ( at least in a driveable state) with how many Indy mods there was.

Can someone do me a favor? If you have the ACFL 34 Ford Legends car can you run a 16 to 20 car grid and let me know if you see the wheels and sometimes the body of the car disappear around 5 cars ahead and reappear at inconsistent distances. Driving me nuts.

acfl_mod_legend

There is another version out there, but I'm specifically talking about the ACFL version.

I'm also seeing a similar issue with the KS-76 Class Union C2 gokarts. If you have that one, can you check? Driver disappearing at weird times, etc.

Thanks much, my friends.
Teddie

Yes I think I see that with the KS-76 gokarts. It is like I can only see full car mod a few rows ahead and then top part of the kart
and drivers get cut off. Didnt pay much attention to that, thought it was a scan ahead limit set somewhere.

Dave

- No VAO file

WOW man thanks. Need more US road-street, very fun to race

Thank you so much, i'll get back to work! And if you could convert these cars, can be added to the FIA GT roster like that porsche 911 gt2, and
i can't wait to see that lotu- i mean bitter gt1.

I wish I could convert it alas I'm a lost cause when it comes to that ahah.

Many thanks, when the RSS FNA came out this was one track I was surprised wasn't available ( at least in a driveable state) with how many Indy mods there was.

Your Welcome.

Through my online searches over the last year or so was trying to find Indy tracks that were in my original Papyrus game Indycar2 and came up with quite a few of them and most are very good to have AI races on.

I have road tracks such as Portland, 2 Long Beach, 2 Detroit, Vancouver, St Petersburg, Barber Motorsports, Surfers Paradise, Laguna Seca, Cleveland Airport, Mid Ohio.
These are paid tracks from Gilles Houston, Toronto, and Edmonton.
Ovals I have from a great Nascar Facebook group Michigan, Indy Oval, Kansas, Iowa, Nazareth, Phoenix, Homestead, Richmond, Pocono,
Louden, Phoenix and Chicago . At one time or other Indy raced on these Ovals. I have a WIP Dover that that same Facebook group did, but I dont have AI working with it.

Tracks from Race dept and other places, Milwaukee mile, Texas, and California Autoclub Oval,

Only one that I dont think AC has is the Gateway Oval.

So as you see I have collected quite a few tracks to be used for Indy or Nascar. Some of these I dont remember where I got them.

take care
Dave

Last edited:
Your Welcome.

Through my online searches over the last year or so was trying to find Indy tracks that were in my original Papyrus game Indycar2 and came up with quite a few of them and most are very good to have AI races on.

I have road tracks such as Portland, 2 Long Beach, 2 Detroit, Vancouver, St Petersburg, Barber Motorsports, These are from Gilles Houston, Toronto,
and Edmonton Ovals I have from a great Nascar discord group Michigan, Indy Oval, Kansas, Iowa, Nazareth, Phoenix, Homestead, Richmond, Pocono,
Louden, Phoenix and Chicago . At one time or other Indy raced on these Ovals. I have a WIP Dover that the Discord group did, but I dont have AI working with it.

Tracks from Race dept and other places, Milwaukee mile, Texas, and California Autoclub Oval,

Only one that I dont think AC has is the Gateway Oval.

So as you see I have collected quite a few tracks to be used for Indy or Nascar. Some of these I dont remember where I got them.

take care
Dave

Can you upload the Houston, Toronto, and Edmonton please?

Yeah I'd love Gateway as well. There is a version for rF2 floating around...

acfl_mod_legend

I am having similar issues with the legends cars. I fiddled around a bit and determined that any reference to the "acfl_legend_c.kn5" file in the "lods.ini" file causes the annoyance you described. If you remove any reference to that 3rd lod and adjust your distances for the first two the issue goes away...at least for me. Simply adjusting the distances so the third lod would be rarely used did not help. Maybe that third lod is corrupted.

Edit: Teddie, I failed to mention..I am very appreciative of your contributions here. I don't post often, but I highly regard your posts and "fixes". I pray your health improves and you are back to normal quickly!

The current GT500 can do Suzuka in 1m44s.
This is comparable to the previous FormulaNippon qualifying time.
SUPERGT is home to the world's only and best tire war in the world.
To put this greatness in simple terms, For example, data shows that the bottom speed of GT500 at Suzuka's hairpin is faster than F1.
What I’m trying to say is SUPERGT GT500 is The world's fastest in very low-speed corner.
Stunning update mate, @ last some one has given us a rocket ship in this SGT500 - Nice improvement in sound, though I think this time you turned it down too much. Just love the downshift, so slick..... All we need now is a decent version of Suzuka ;) ...... Jim.............Jim............... JIM, you don't fancy working your magic on Suzuka next do you?

This car is addictive Natsuki, my only complaint is I need to refuel it too often, lol - in stock trim, I get 6 laps @ Mitja's Twin Ring.... this is the best on offer of all the Japanese AC circuits to run on....though Okayama runs it close.

Thank you for giving us this brute ;) are you going to give us the Supra & NSX as well, pretty please.

Gonna put my head on the block now - best mod in AC at the mo, rate is a good as anything RSS has to offer.... the 2020 F2 V6 being their best so far.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back