Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,806 comments
I honestly don't see the point of this. Driver's feet animation on the pedals - now that is something I'd like to see but windows going up n down at 100mph and horns and indicators, not sure I get why that is a thing in what is fundamentally a racing sim. I dunno maybe the little things like this make it more realistic for some in the street cars, but I honestly can't think of a time when I thought "if only i had indicators or a horn to blast" while being overtaken by a race car @ Brands Hatch.
Just my 2 cents of course but personally I would be concentrating on making your mods high quality and have accurate physics and not worry too much about putting a horn animation in.
These aren't just for an horn or an indicator animation a lot more can be done with this these are just for more animations that could be done to an car in the original ac the cars mostly street cars were static for Christ sake they didn't even have reverse lights. This extension brings back what Kunos forgot to bring back from NetKar pro an interactive dashboard. Turn signals can be used in online to let peeps pass by or be used in cruises on LA Canyon ect.... For physics i'm experimenting with that too stuff like tire wear really interests me i just need to figure out on how to do that i've already figured out how to make the suspension flat/bumpy and the tire grip response if the car is static or if it will bite back. My cars after the Zonda F will have an proper AO.

Last edited:
you need to start Simplygon then right click it in systray settings licence. hope this helps
Thanks for your help but i give up. Tried 20 times, when it ask the login to the MS account, once i insert my email, instead of asking me a pass, the windows became white. Tried with the Github account and it says FAILED. Looks like a crap application or at least programmed really bad, too complex for a free license, thing which should be easy. No problem at all with my pc, i'm sure about it ;)

Hi Dave. I am not at my AC-PC right now, but I think Velos has both mentioned tracks on his HP. Wick and Zwickau:

"Wick Island", Club Circuit in Scotland, St Monans, Length= 3361 metres, Medium width, 26 pitboxes, counter clockwise.

DOWNLOAD: 40.38 MB - https://www.mediafire.com/file/crq8rba24fh27ed/wick.zip/file

"Zwickau Grand Prix", Street Circuit (anticlockwise), Zwickau, Germany, Length=2880 metres, medium width with 32 pitboxes

DOWNLOAD: 49 MB - https://www.mediafire.com/file/tghvr3gxvui0vjq/zwickau.7z/file

Ah, thank you for the new information. I saw the Zwickau track there, but did not catch seeing the other one.

thanks again for correcting my comment.

take care,
Dave

LOD Generator says to create a free Simplygon license created at https://account.simplygon.com/ but if i try to open the website it cannot work, if i load the normal website it seems there's no way to register a free account and by downloading the free version of simplygon it seems the LOD generator don't work properly. Any tips or help on how to make it work? Thanks
Download sdk thing, you can when registered.
When installing or starting first time there you select the free version.

Download sdk thing, you can when registered.
When installing or starting first time there you select the free version.
I did but no luck. There's something wrong with the free v8 version at least on my version of win10.
There's no way to log in unfortunately. Thanks anyway

Yes...but. Presumably, the server has a checksum for EITHER the data.acd OR the data folder but not both. Or am I talking through my hat?

Yes, either but not both and assume data.acd takes precedent over ./data

Thanks for your help but i give up. Tried 20 times, when it ask the login to the MS account, once i insert my email, instead of asking me a pass, the windows became white. Tried with the Github account and it says FAILED. Looks like a crap application or at least programmed really bad, too complex for a free license, thing which should be easy. No problem at all with my pc, i'm sure about it ;)
Try extracting the binaries and .dll(s) from your free download into the LODgenerator folder
edit the .bat as needed... just a suggestion

i had login problems too, dunno what i did, but in the end i got in, i guess i just entered my password again in some field after a failed attempt

@leBluem don't know, i've tried to uninstal internet explorer (which is useless of course), removed edge, leaved installed chrome and firefox but no luck, when i launch the free license it pop up the Microsoft account login, after i wrote my email and clicked next, it became totally white with no chance to write anything.

Tried to login with Github account but it says server error =(

EDIT: Yes, i've downloaded the free version, installed as required in the LOD guide, then i've tried to obtain the free license, then it happen what wrote just up here and there's no way to obtain it

Tried everything, no luck at all, it seems there's something strange in the login phase. i will try another day or well, i will survive anyway without making lods XD

I think what Masscot is talking about is Wick Island from Gilles, The one Velomods has is the Zwickau street circuit. They are 2 different tracks.

i would be a little interested in where Velomods got their tracks since he said he did not do them.
Not that I am worried or concerned about it, some just look like similar to Gilles tracks

Mexico (Hermanos Rodriguez) 1976, Wick Island, Zwickau and Union Ring simple are the Gilles conversions without changes.
I wonder why Velo finds them interesting enough to put on his site ?

Last edited:
I honestly don't see the point of this. Driver's feet animation on the pedals - now that is something I'd like to see but windows going up n down at 100mph and horns and indicators, not sure I get why that is a thing in what is fundamentally a racing sim. I dunno maybe the little things like this make it more realistic for some in the street cars, but I honestly can't think of a time when I thought "if only i had indicators or a horn to blast" while being overtaken by a race car @ Brands Hatch.
Just my 2 cents of course but personally I would be concentrating on making your mods high quality and have accurate physics and not worry too much about putting a horn animation in.
Ya, not impressed until I can have animations of pissing in a beer bottle while destroying corners at LA Canyons, the rest of that is weak sauce. Why? Cause 'Merica!
guinness.001.gif

Ya, not impressed until I can have animations of pissing in a beer bottle while destroying corners at LA Canyons, the rest of that is weak sauce. Why? Cause 'Merica!
guinness.001.gif

Lmao - but seriously lets have good mods, proper physics and handling, and then we can talk about pissing in a bottle, oh and ANIMATED FEET ON PEDALS please!! Even if it is just a simple animation but that is one thing I know was being talked about a while back but for some reason indicators and electric windows is more important in a race sim.

@dragster sorry if I came across as having a moan at you - not my intended response, but I am glad you are learning and improving your mods with each release.

Testing the new Rolls, I noticed that only a 3rd Tolls I gave and the new Rolls driven by me, had a race pace.
I mean, the new Rolls AI (the two), just went to watch the views and wave to the crowd and not pedal(ing) to the metal(ing).

So, unpacked the 'data' and inside ai.ini, the UP REVS were 2500 :crazy: While the engine.ini was at 7000.
Changed the UP REVS to 6500, to inject some animation to the AI.

All happy, here I went for a test. But after loading 1st car...
3qy7.png

Wth? I just changed the ai revs... Didn't touch the texture folder, which btw is empty.

But. The 'buts'... But when I clicked on pack data, I got this.
lfaf.png

So, can one of our Gurus, help me whit this?

TIA

PS: If something sounds a bit weird, yesrerday was one of the chemo treatment day. So....:crazy::mad::lol:
along with Prozacs and Xanax altogether...:D:sly:

Well, thanks anyway.

All good to you too mate.
Besides those pills, right now I take 10 more every days. Damn invisible desease. :guilty:

During months, before the 2 bone marrow transplants I've made in less than 2 years, I took ~25 pills every day. :eek:
Along with chemo and others stuffs to my veins.

Sorry the offtopic, but this is kind of an outburst for me, speaking of this alien that changed my life.

Cheers:tup:

Sorry for adding something here. Forgot to mention the Fentanil. Band-aid to use on chest . every days - but because of some hair on chest,
I have to use on arms (3 days in one, after those 3 days put a new one on the other arm). But as I have tatoos on my right shoulder and on my left upper arm, I have to be careful where I glue it.

And my Fentanil pills as SOS. Yeh, when pains attack as Delta Force, Fentanil pill and I'm ready for some SIM racing. Haha.
IRL, I don't drive for 2 years now. Damn...

I will not be in detauks, because it would ve many lines and I don't want to bother you.

I so agree with you on this.

here are my 'not political correct' thoughts.
Soon we will see the driver pick a dust cloth and clean the dust of the dash and maybe some people in the stands selling food and drinks,
And many more. And a need to spend 5000€ for a PC to be able to run all this, in a game where we must be focus in fast driving between other cars.

It is possible to add so many things in AC, that this is turning a bit ridiculous.
This is not a bad criticism tho. The possibility is there and people grab the opportunity, But as IRL, enough is enough.

If the aim is to watch beautiful landscape and mountains and grass with flowers moving with the wind with lovely waterfalls, just play some FPS games. LOL. Bunch of them there, with so many astonishing visuals to watch. Hehe

I think I need a Fentanil pill.;)

Well, thanks anyway.

Sorry for adding something here. Forgot to mention the Fentanil. Band-aid to use on chest . every days - but because of some hair on chest,
I have to use on arms (3 days in one, after those 3 days put a new one on the other arm). But as I have tatoos on my right shoulder and on my left upper arm, I have to be careful where I glue it.

And my Fentanil pills as SOS. Yeh, when pains attack as Delta Force, Fentanil pill and I'm ready for some SIM racing. Haha.
IRL, I don't drive for 2 years now. Damn...

I will not be in detauks, because it would ve many lines and I don't want to bother you.

I so agree with you on this.

here are my 'not political correct' thoughts.
Soon we will see the driver pick a dust cloth and clean the dust of the dash and maybe some people in the stands selling food and drinks,
And many more. And a need to spend 5000€ for a PC to be able to run all this, in a game where we must be focus in fast driving between other cars.

It is possible to add so many things in AC, that this is turning a bit ridiculous.
This is not a bad criticism tho. The possibility is there and people grab the opportunity, But as IRL, enough is enough.

If the aim is to watch beautiful landscape and mountains and grass with flowers moving with the wind with lovely waterfalls, just play some FPS games. LOL. Bunch of them there, with so many astonishing visuals to watch. Hehe

I think I need a Fentanil pill.;)
It depends some peeps like driving near the beautiful landscapes and waterfalls taking pictures with their favorite cars something that they probably wouldn't be able to do IRL . Much better than looking at a waterfall in a fps game for a split second and then just continue mass murdering eachother. Stuff like dynamic animations can make the game feel more lifelike and not as stale as other sims looking at you RF2 and Iracin i mean Irent. GT has done this spectacularly well it has all of this dynamic stuff that its being praised for tho its meant for the masses unlike AC i would call AC an Complex Driving Racing Simulator much more than just a racing simulator since you can drive anything anywhere wherever you want for Chirst sake you can drive a GT1 Le Mans car on a rally dakar track. In AC limitations are non existent. Dynamic Animations can be disabled same with other stuff if you really don't like using it.

Update to track folder.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/drn2rpx8h1tvo

Mid-Ohio v2.0 - no change
Auto24ring v1.8 - no change
Algarve v 2.0 - no change
Nogaro v2.6 - no change
Spielberg (Oesterreichring) 1974/1977 v2.5 - no change

Hockenheim 1988 v2.6 UPDATE

It was a blood sweat and tears job, but I succeeded in reducing the number of faces in the trees.kn5 from 1,600,000 to 84,000.
Apparently all the trees had been doubled about 4 times...
I really hope the FPS are much better for most of you now.
There will be some minor updates in the future, but this one was urgent :)

Since March 11th I have been a professional bass player without a gig... thanks to corona.
So if you buy me a beer on Paypal, that would really keep me motivated :)
But also if you don't: enjoy the tracks!

https://paypal.me/moddingmusician

Update to track folder.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/drn2rpx8h1tvo

Mid-Ohio v2.0 - no change
Auto24ring v1.8 - no change
Algarve v 2.0 - no change
Nogaro v2.6 - no change
Spielberg (Oesterreichring) 1974/1977 v2.5 - no change

Hockenheim 1988 v2.6 UPDATE

It was a blood sweat and tears job, but I succeeded in reducing the number of faces in the trees.kn5 from 1,600,000 to 84,000.
Apparently all the trees had been doubled about 4 times...
I really hope the FPS are much better for most of you now.
There will be some minor updates in the future, but this one was urgent :)

Since March 11th I have been a professional bass player without a gig... thanks to corona.
So if you buy me a beer on Paypal, that would really keep me motivated :)
But also if you don't: enjoy the tracks!

https://paypal.me/moddingmusician

I'm lovin' the update, Zwiss. I got your tracks all organized and prettified now:
upload_2020-8-23_16-57-34.png

Put your preview here C:\Users\******\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Presets\Custom Previews\Loaded

And then open CM and select a car, go to mange and hit the drop down arrow next to "update previews" and choose "options"
Select the Loaded folder and the preview and then save preset. It should stay as your default preview from then on.

EDIT: Ninja'd by unpierrot with what looks like a quicker way to do it :D

Add it to Users\<Your User>\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Presets\Custom Previews (edit : showroom is in steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\showroom)
then use Ctrl+Shift+P from content/cars to open custom preview options

All that happens when I get to the ctrl/shift/p stage is a window opens with the existing default preview, which I can pan and zoom around. There's no option to open folders, or select anything at all. Thought it was a VR thing at first but it does the same in single screen. Seems there should be a dialogue box appearing?
I seem to remember having this issue previously when trying to edit previews.
Any chance of a screen shot of what I'm missing, or is there a backdoor route to set this preview as the default?

All that happens when I get to the ctrl/shift/p stage is a window opens with the existing default preview, which I can pan and zoom around. There's no option to open folders, or select anything at all. Thought it was a VR thing at first but it does the same in single screen. Seems there should be a dialogue box appearing?
I seem to remember having this issue previously when trying to edit previews.
Any chance of a screen shot of what I'm missing, or is there a backdoor route to set this preview as the default?

Are you pressing the drop down arrow? oops sorry for the small screen but yeah down the bottom next to where it says update previews.
Screenshot (266).png

And then you should get another window of the car and a box attached to the side.

Screenshot (267).png

Mexico (Hermanos Rodriguez) 1976, Wick Island, Zwickau and Union Ring simple are the Gilles conversions without changes.
I wonder why Velo finds them interesting enough to put on his site ?[/user]

That I dont know @Fanapryde I didnt try any of them, but the pictures he shows looked familiar.

take care,
Dave

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back