Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,987 comments
@leBluem don't know, i've tried to uninstal internet explorer (which is useless of course), removed edge, leaved installed chrome and firefox but no luck, when i launch the free license it pop up the Microsoft account login, after i wrote my email and clicked next, it became totally white with no chance to write anything.

Tried to login with Github account but it says server error =(

EDIT: Yes, i've downloaded the free version, installed as required in the LOD guide, then i've tried to obtain the free license, then it happen what wrote just up here and there's no way to obtain it

Tried everything, no luck at all, it seems there's something strange in the login phase. i will try another day or well, i will survive anyway without making lods XD

Once you have downloaded and installed Simplygon https://www.simplygon.com/Downloads#free-release in the start menu under all apps there is a program called Simplygon Grid. Run the processing agent and request license.

Right. OK so rain fx is inbound so totally pointless now, also possibly i may even have missed this fix already.

But up until recently people have been given a 'fix' for mud like spray on wet tracks using SOL, along the lines of "turn off smoke effect in Particles FX.."

Great, but a bit annoying as you have to keep re enabling it etc for dry.

So i 'discovered' it is all about the rain mod tracks using DIRT in surfaces as 1.0.... it then creates with SOL or CSP or whatever is doing it a dirt spray...

So dead easy!

go into wet track surfaces.ini...so for example Silverstone GP wet track.
Make the tarmac surfaces say 0.2 instead of 1.0.... and bingo...
Just in time for a new rain fx mod which will make it all pointless, its fixed!!!! :banghead:

Screenshot_gt3_lamborghini_huracan_gt3_ks_silverstone_23-8-120-22-24-59.jpg

Best bit is you can get creative and imagine the kerbs have picked up dirt from the rain etc...well make the kerbs kick up dirt and the road kick spray!

Screenshot_gt3_lamborghini_huracan_gt3_ks_silverstone_23-8-120-22-32-13.jpg

Screenshot_gt3_lamborghini_huracan_gt3_ks_silverstone_23-8-120-22-33-24.jpg

I have no idea how to get that box back if it's missing so hopefully you have found a way.
Nope. No idea why it would ever disappear. I've tried decyphering a lot of the incomprehensible display option puzzles (bind to screen? openwindows on the same screen as the first one despite saved location? - what does any of this even mean???) but no joy. I know it's an age-old request but I really wish CM and CSP functions were described better. You have to guess what half of them are even supposed to do.

It may be on a second screen (or even dragged right to the edge/bottom? I had it hidden on a second screen in the past and it took a little while for me to figure out where it had gone.

There is no second screen apart from my Rift, I guess. But I just tried unplugging the headset and shutting down Oculus and it's still not there. Is there any way to retreive something off screen?

Nope. No idea why it would ever disappear. I've tried decyphering a lot of the incomprehensible display option puzzles (bind to screen? openwindows on the same screen as the first one despite saved location? - what does any of this even mean???) but no joy. I know it's an age-old request but I really wish CM and CSP functions were described better. You have to guess what half of them are even supposed to do.

There is no second screen apart from my Rift, I guess. But I just tried unplugging the headset and shutting down Oculus and it's still not there. Is there any way to retreive something off screen?
Does the mouse move off screen at all in any direction if you try push past you monitor limits? If so then that's more than likely where it will be, if not then not really sure how to bring it back :boggled:

Does the mouse move off screen at all in any direction if you try push past you monitor limits? If so then that's more than likely where it will be, if not then not really sure how to bring it back :boggled:
I just got it! Changed my display from 4k to 1080p, restarted CM and it appeared - but as a separate window, not tied to the side of the car image. But at least it's there..! :gtpflag:

I just got it! Changed my display from 4k to 1080p, restarted CM and it appeared - but as a separate window, not tied to the side of the car image. But at least it's there..! :gtpflag:
now drag it onto the side of the car window until it snaps in place, so it doesn't wander off in future haha 👍

Noice, but yeah as you say guessing what does what in CM is part of the fun for sure. I'm actually scared to press things at times in case it messes everything up or changes something and I end up having no idea what I did

Got it set as the default preview now (and very nice it is too).
@unpierrot , @MrB00 , @norms - thanks for your help chaps.
I think in the future I'm going to just get into the habit of changing my PC display settings to 1080p before starting CM. It doesn't seem to work well at 4k. Half the time pre-race menus and HUD overlays, the sidebar etc in the Rift load at 4k so are tiny and barely legible.

The problem is there. If i can't login with mi MS account via the program i can't do anything. The Simplygon Grid allow only the login, but you can't login in something you don't have access yet..

If simplygon grid starts and runs just click or (right-click) the tray icon and generate license, I have never been asked to login in while using Simplygon... Assuming you downloaded and installed SimplygonSDK.exe

now drag it onto the side of the car window until it snaps in place, so it doesn't wander off in future haha 👍
Done! Thanks for the tip. It'd be nice if that binding could be set permanently and unbreakable. Maybe it can in one of the CM menu hieroglyphs. Anyone got a Rosetta Stone handy?

I did a small tuto for RAIN FX guys
Let's have a look, i think it could help some of you...

(Only for CSP 1.63 Preview 3 Beta version minimum
TUTO RAIN FX.PNG
)

Big thanks to Peter Smith and Code Nayme for the tips...

1 - in game open the Objects Inspector and Alt+clic on the material you want to puddles, soaking, smooth or rough...

2 - Clic on the material name in the Objects Inspector (It copy directly in the clipboard)

3 - Open the extension (.ini) of the track (Generally in assetto corsa/extension/config/tracks/loaded)

4 - add all the line of the RAIN FX and paste the name of the material in the correct line in function of the render you want

5 - Ctrl+S for save and check directly in-game the effect

6 - You can control the effect with the cursors of the WeatherFX Debug app for see if it's work

Do that for each materials of the tracks for a better and realistic effect

READ THIS FOR BETTER PRECISION OF EACH LINES
https://github.com/…/acc-exten…/wiki/Tracks-%E2%80%93-RainFX

PLEASE SHARE YOUR .INI WITH THE COMMUNITY

These aren't just for an horn or an indicator animation a lot more can be done with this these are just for more animations that could be done to an car in the original ac the cars mostly street cars were static for Christ sake they didn't even have reverse lights. This extension brings back what Kunos forgot to bring back from NetKar pro an interactive dashboard. Turn signals can be used in online to let peeps pass by or be used in cruises on LA Canyon ect.... For physics i'm experimenting with that too stuff like tire wear really interests me i just need to figure out on how to do that i've already figured out how to make the suspension flat/bumpy and the tire grip response if the car is static or if it will bite back. My cars after the Zonda F will have an proper AO.

Yeah I am following your comments. I am glad the mod people are very creative and come up with new visual functions/animations for the tracks and cars. But if you are in an online race or even offline with AI in cockpit view, we are usually not noticing many of them. With VR, I do notice the balloons, animated moving trains, Helicopters, Flying jets, and as you say animated waterfalls, signs, and Farris wheels. Havent seen any animated animals yet running across the tracks. hehe Track updates are looking awesome.

I belong to a Facebook Assetto Corsa Nascar group and they do great work on Cars with detailing the outside paint jobs, but they also spend allot of time detailing the car engines and other interior things that you will never see while racing. It is just fun for them to model parts of the cars and they do look fantastic. As long as it doesn't affect the FPS when you throw 25 to 30 cars on a Nascar track. The mod people say it does not

So I guess it is the imaginations of the mod person(s) to create all of these kind of details, add night lighting, and coming soon for all of us the FX Rain effects on top of all the animations and viewing all this in 3D VR is quite an immersion.

We shall see how far this Assetto Corsa can be stretched without drastically affecting normal racing FPS benchmarks. I see all the games are doing this in their graphics, Even this new upcoming kind of unpopular Project Cars 3 has many animations.

Some experimentation with extra animations that can be done in the ext_config.ini this is a simple horn animation nothing special now i know how to use more animations to an car. And don't worry the XJ220S is still being developed its just a bit hard to do since it was my first PC2 rip. Anyway here it is mapped it to the horn key
View attachment 951610
Although it can't be really seen properly in the image here's how these animations work and that car horn animation in the video is a brief explanation on how it works in the picture above.

could these types of animations be used to make marshalls and crowd members that actually wave flags like ACC?

Yeah I am following your comments. I am glad the mod people are very creative and come up with new visual functions/animations for the tracks and cars. But if you are in an online race or even offline with AI in cockpit view, we are usually not noticing many of them. With VR, I do notice the balloons, animated moving trains, Helicopters, Flying jets, and as you say animated waterfalls, signs, and Farris wheels. Havent seen any animated animals yet running across the tracks. hehe Track updates are looking awesome.

I belong to a Facebook Assetto Corsa Nascar group and they do great work on Cars with detailing the outside paint jobs, but they also spend allot of time detailing the car engines and other interior things that you will never see while racing. It is just fun for them to model parts of the cars and they do look fantastic. As long as it doesn't affect the FPS when you throw 25 to 30 cars on a Nascar track. The mod people say it does not

So I guess it is the imaginations of the mod person(s) to create all of these kind of details, add night lighting, and coming soon for all of us the FX Rain effects on top of all the animations and viewing all this in 3D VR is quite an immersion.

We shall see how far this Assetto Corsa can be stretched without drastically affecting normal racing FPS benchmarks. I see all the games are doing this in their graphics, Even this new upcoming kind of unpopular Project Cars 3 has many animations.
In car animations shouldn't kick the FPS as much as an detailed in car engine does only the player should be able to use these animations the AI will rarely if ever use them. A small button activation on the dashboard shouldn't affect the fps as much as lets say an full on convertible animation.

Pcars1 tracks always exported so all objects were without materials and placed @ 0,0 so it was a giant impossible jigsaw puzzle. I tried with the coastal highway track ages ago and had to concede defeat. Unless Luigi comes back to update the BMS script or there is a major update to 3Dsimed we are screwed.

Pcars1 tracks always exported so all objects were without materials and placed @ 0,0 so it was a giant impossible jigsaw puzzle. I tried with the coastal highway track ages ago and had to concede defeat. Unless Luigi comes back to update the BMS script or there is a major update to 3Dsimed we are screwed.
There's a place at God's right hand on a throne made of beer for the first person to convert Bannochbrae to AC.

So regards this VTRC truck racing mod.
Firstly its great, really enjoying it.
I remember the ETRC esports said that they would release their ETRC mod once the official e series was over.

No news from that yet. But what is interesting is that there is an official ETRC game, which isn't very good, so the official e series was using AC, instead of that game.
But it now seems the folks behind that mod for AC were given access to the models from the official game... (or very cunningly managed to use them without them finding out!)

From that e series some team has either been given permission, or otherwise, to then create the VTRC online series with the same trucks but different skins...

Hmmm.

End result is I think we already have the 'ETRC' trucks, but they are actually leaked as the VTRC ones.....

So all they need are official ETRC skins and its good to go...

Not even sure if this is even interesting, but i have been asked a few things via PM about if i had the ETRC trucks..... and i think i do, but they are the VTRC trucks.......hope that clears things up! :crazy:

Strange Beast these Trucks, I hope the physics that came with this 'leak' weren't the ones the real drivers used for the VTRC as my short list has 21 errors in it.
But never fear that has all been sorted now, but will take a little while yet as I sort out all six trucks.
Stay tuned.

could these types of animations be used to make marshalls and crowd members that actually wave flags like ACC?
ask Ilja Jusupov he could probably implement stuff like that in the future.
IMO i think that its possible not sure if the extension folder works with tracks.

Strange Beast these Trucks, I hope the physics that came with this 'leak' weren't the ones the real drivers used for the VTRC as my short list has 21 errors in it.
But never fear that has all been sorted now, but will take a little while yet as I sort out all six trucks.
Stay tuned.

Thank you. The trucks feel wonky to me. I wasn't sure if that was how they were supposed to feel or what. Looking forward to your edits, GzeroD.

Without data.acd, you can modify everything without issue on server.
But honestly the worst part is that you can keep data.acd and rely on Content Manager to use data folder. Then no mismatch online and you still can use a modified car.

edit : We all know that cheating could be everywhere in PC gaming (see video from ACC cheat with flying car for example). If it's not by using the game itself, it's with external tool. We have to live with it. Best way to handle that is to go on server where people are there to have fun and fair fight.
I just checked, and I get race cancelled if i try to join a server with edited unpacked data, so i assume no

How about unedited unpacked?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back