Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,772 comments
While the track was NOT scratch made by me at all, I also dislike you expecting money for others work...
'Expecting money'?
I usually work on tracks for many days, if not weeks, and do it for fun.
And also because I have nothing else to do because of corona.
I try to bring some tracks really up to 'the next level', still learning on the way.
If anyone wants to pay me a beer for the improvements I made, that's nice, but I do not expect it at all. I am happy with the downloads, the satisfaction of learning about modding, the constructive critism from the community and fellow modders.
You're free to dislike what you want.

With Aldershot, I worked 2 hours in Max to make it driveable (7500 object..) and 1 person gave me 2 beers, and I did NOT even expect that.

Take care.

Last edited:
ALDERSHOT (small British oval track)
(Just an update, you need the main track from the link above.)

Optimized in 3DS MAX: reduced object count from 7508 to 368 :)
The only ones I left out were the extremely mesh-overkill vans (500.000 polys for 12 vans + trailers)
The only thing I added: a treeline around the terrain.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/c0hsar6apgxins2/file

Just overwrite the original file, FPS should be ok now.

If anyone wants to buy me me a beer on Paypal: I really like beer!
https://paypal.me/moddingmusician

But also if you don't: enjoy the update!
Home of the British Army

Hi Paulo. Thanks a lot. But with the new AI-Line some cars ran into the left track border at the start and get stuck. Seems that the left track border line is too far left (into the pit lane).

I will try to have a look at it this week, sorry for that. Still learning.
I only changed the fast_lane tho. Don't know why it affect the left limit track of AI.
Thank you for your feedback.

The reason you are so much faster with what I did with the AI, is I used allot of AI hints in several corners to get the majority of cars
to go around the track -- slow and fast cars. There were only a few cars that would go around the track without the AI hints. Otherwise allot of the AI cars would slide off into the grass or flip over.

If you make an AI line to work with one just one car, then many of the others will not work with a particular AI fix. I will try yours and see how it works with allot of car mods. Did you also change the AI hints file?
Example -One of the cars which was the Lotus 88 could go around the track without any AI hints and very fast at 98%. Many other cars would be up in the hills on the grass.

I only changed the fast_lane file.
It wasn't supposed the AI hint remains as it was? I mean, didn't touch it.

Anyway, thank you for having a look at it.

Here we go with Porsche 961 LM

version 1.0

♣ Car model converted from pCars. All specs according real data. Max speed, lap time matches real lap time of Porsche 961 in Le Mans 1986. ♣ Working AI. Sound from 959 Sport is fine.

⊗ No shift animation. ⊗ No interior lights. ⊗ Physics can be changed in future

It drives well. Probably some understeering? Anyway i think need to make some tune on suspension, and probably add some torque on high revs.

bring me some coffee ^_^
for futher development if you are interested in this model. Thank you.

Screenshot_gtsupreme_porsche_961_bathurst_fm7_28-8-120-0-30-23.jpg
custom_showroom_1598538958.jpg

PS I have just realized that ingame skin is without Rothmans logo. Stupid modern days with censored everything

Testing a car at Meadowdale International Raceway, I was going faster than the AI, about 20 seconds a lap.
The fun was down fast.

So, I made a new 'fast lane' for the AI and testing the same car for 2 laps, now the AI is running with same pace as me.

If you wanna try, here it is.

- Remove .txt
- Make a backup of the original file please.

Do you mind if I include this in the official release the next time I update it?

I think this officially makes you a modder now...

version 1.0

♣ Car model converted from pCars. All specs according real data. Max speed, lap time matches real lap time of Porsche 961 in Le Mans 1986. ♣ Working AI. Sound from 959 Sport is fine.

It drives well. Probably some understeering? Anyway i think need to make some tune on suspension, and probably add some torque on high revs.

bring me some coffee ^_^

PS I have just realized that ingame skin is without Rothmans logo. Stupid modern days with censored everything

quick question on this, I mostly see silver or chrome wheels on the 961 (same for the 959 Dakar With white). Is there a reason everyone is choosing black for these?

Great mod, thanks!

I did that really bad upgrade for a kid on Facebook a couple of years ago, told him the vans were killing fps and he insisted on adding 12 more... Hence I handed it back over and walked away.

While the track was NOT scratch made by me at all, I also dislike you expecting money for others work...

You did an upgrade for 'some kid' on FB, then handed it over and walked away.....2 years ago.
And you get funny about people finding the track and upgrading it so its even usable and then moan because someone made £5 for 2 hours work?

Really?
Jesus....Christ.

Track wasn't 'sold' anyway it's open and out in public.
If someone does something for free and someone chooses to pay a small fee that isn't someone expecting money... its a bloody tip.

Thank you for providing these two good looking competitors! However, do you find the Subaru a bit too stiff to have any normal body movement like a road car? In my opinion, I found the Grb Subaru Impreza WRX STi mod done by AC Rider, and the Mitsubishi Evolution MR mod pack got the body movement and behaviour more convincing

Last edited:
hello dear friends

Is there a self-prepared drag track where I can compete with 3 or 4 cars?

Look up a few posts for Maryland Intl Raceway. I think that has 30 pits where players can line up behind the tree. I think there are 2 lanes per side. I can't remember.

On another note - I kinda' wanna' learn how to use LIDAR/Satelite data to make circuits. But have no idea where to begin on Cleaning up the data/art and assets for the road texture and meshes. Does anybody have any recommendations on how to learn that step/which program to use for things like that? I'm guessing mesh work in Cloud Compare and then texture work in Blender or 3DSimmed/equivalent?

version 1.0

bring me some coffee ^_^

I do created an account a week ago (for the other mod you posted), but never got the e-mail to get access to the site (yes, I saw the spam page too).
Can you please verify my account? My user name is the same.

Thank you.

Do you mind if I include this in the official release the next time I update it?

Lol. Modder? No way, hehe.
It's very kind of you. Ofcourse you can use my lane. It will be a honor for me. :cheers:

On another note - I kinda' wanna' learn how to use LIDAR/Satelite data to make circuits. But have no idea where to begin on Cleaning up the data/art and assets for the road texture and meshes. Does anybody have any recommendations on how to learn that step/which program to use for things like that? I'm guessing mesh work in Cloud Compare and then texture work in Blender or 3DSimmed/equivalent?

Ted, hey, it's Teddie here, lol. There's a great tutorial that I think lilski did that I used for a track local to me with LiDAR data. Lemme see if I can find it. I'll edit.

Ted, take a look at this. Pretty good tutorial. Look in comments for any addendums to his teaching:

The car for today is ............

Hyundai Veloster N

the base model comes from nills motorsport ,it looked like this.

View media item 66934
After my corrections

View media item 66935
-Changed track width
-Changed suspension settings
-Changed engine sound
-Changed tyres size
-Changed brakes settings
-Changed tyres settings
-Changed gearshifts time
-Changed engine rpm's
-Changed engine power & torque
-Changed gearbox settings
-Revised tyre shaders
-Revised car shaders
-Add real description
-Add light in dashboard

Try the new physics on nordschleife, I'm counting on a lot of feedback.

veloster_nills.rar - 70.1 MB

Hi, I'm the original author of this mod.
Please delete the file and do not distribute.

https://assettocorsamods.net/threads/lidar-point-cloud-to-mesh-tutorial.422/

I will try to have a look at it this week, sorry for that. Still learning.
I only changed the fast_lane tho. Don't know why it affect the left limit track of AI.
Thank you for your feedback.

I only changed the fast_lane file.
It wasn't supposed the AI hint remains as it was? I mean, didn't touch it.

Anyway, thank you for having a look at it.

No problem. If you didnt touch the AI hints then your fast lane change shouldnt affect many of the cars I tested.
Will try your new fast lane change tonight. Thanks and take care.

This would be fantastic, I've basically given up with track extensions at this point as it seems everyone and their dog are making them and I just don't care enough about grass and billboards to bother working out which ones are the best. I can see it becoming even more confusing once the rain CSP hits public release so having a more advanced version of the 'wet' function in BLM lights would be a brilliant time saver.

This (a more advanced version of the 'wet-like' BLM Lights effect) is the main reason I'm going to di it.
Ok then, since someone else is also interested in this function, I'm going to patreon Ilja in order to have the RAIN_FX stuff.

If you don't mind I'm going to ask for some testers once the changes are done

Ted, hey, it's Teddie here, lol. There's a great tutorial that I think lilski did that I used for a track local to me with LiDAR data. Lemme see if I can find it. I'll edit.

Ted, take a look at this. Pretty good tutorial. Look in comments for any addendums to his teaching:

thanks a million. I'm super super super 100% totally new. I want to get the driving mesh done first, then learn how to do art and things like that and make the circuit look better if possible. So I might be begging for help/sources to learn from in here - sorry in advance!

version 1.0

bring me some coffee ^_^

As has previously been stated, I'd love to try that but the GTSupreme website just doesn't work. Please provide a direct link here, it would be so much easier.

As has previously been stated, I'd love to try that but the GTSupreme website just doesn't work. Please provide a direct link here, it would be so much easier.
Some other modders here provide equally annoying links to their websites rather than direct links to the actual mod. Are site hits that important or is it more about 'earning' the mod by hopping through a few hoops first?

Hi @gutbomb. I guess it varies on what car you use to do the fast lane lines. I used the Radical SR3 and did my laps as fast as i could do
with that car. My AI hints also really do slow down the laps, but I have to do them in order for all the cars to take the corners when bumping
up the difficulty to 95-100%. i am trying Paulo's fast lane tonight - have not tried it yet. Now the Denver tracks I used a F1 car for the fast lane. Live and learn with this game. hehe.

take care.

Look up a few posts for Maryland Intl Raceway. I think that has 30 pits where players can line up behind the tree. I think there are 2 lanes per side. I can't remember.

Is Maryland Int raceway an Oval or Road Course? Going to search on youtube, etc. first I have heard of that track.

Added: Ah, that's why I didn't know about it, Maryland is Drag Strip type track.

take care

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back