Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,779 comments
Hmm, I'm not sure. I'll have a look though. Thanks for the kind words, SMTX!

Check the transparency property on the copied tree's naterial with black background. Select "Alpha Chroma" or "Chroma Alpha". I can't remember. Damn memory. Lemme know if that fixes the black for you.
thanks! started work on fixing those godawful trees at curvelo, dumped EVERYTHING, also the grass meshes, replaced them with grassfx, track went down in size significantly, have copied trees from parts of the track where they werent completely botched, repair the normals, and started placing them about again. 4 "types" of trees to do, one down, three to go already MUCH better.
upload_2020-9-3_21-31-16.png

upload_2020-9-3_21-31-55.png

...waiting to get ninja'd by @VheEth now.... ;)

Thanks to everyone working to improve this mod, I checked the ext config file and I'm not really sure it actually does anything:

It is possible to edit this file in real time. You can open the game and edit the file so you can see in real time what happens. That's how I got the shaders for the wheels right and added the plate lights.

All of the things I did is pure guess work by looking at the original configs made by xfab for the Ruf Yellowbird and BMW M3.
It is possible that some things don't do anything but the at least the shaders for the wheels, the plate lights and the window textures should work. They do in my game at least.
Edit: the smoke effect should work as well, forgot to mention

I should've double checked all the configs in the file before uploading to see what works and what doesn't sorry

there are no number sets on the materials and on the parameters, instead of those three dots there should be progressive numers:

That's actually incorrect, quite a few CSP revisions ago the ... was introduced and it just increments the numbers internally. So it actually works fine, unless someone is using a real old CSP that is.

Also @Opperslang , the shader replacements for the tyres and wheels, if they are final figures then why not just put those figures into the material of the car instead of the config?

thanks! started work on fixing those godawful trees at curvelo, dumped EVERYTHING, also the grass meshes, replaced them with grassfx, track went down in size significantly, have copied trees from parts of the track where they werent completely botched, repair the normals, and started placing them about again. 4 "types" of trees to do, one down, three to go already MUCH better. View attachment 954893
View attachment 954894

I have a very decent Reiza / Taruma version waiting to be 'VheEth-ed'. About time he starts working for us again lol :)

thanks! started work on fixing those godawful trees at curvelo, dumped EVERYTHING, also the grass meshes, replaced them with grassfx, track went down in size significantly, have copied trees from parts of the track where they werent completely botched, repair the normals, and started placing them about again. 4 "types" of trees to do, one down, three to go already MUCH better. View attachment 954893
View attachment 954894

Oh cool. Was curvelo the one with the really screwed up trees? I mean, seriously weird bad trees?
T

upload_2020-9-3_23-3-30.png

What would be causing the car to float like this?, it's only here at the chicane. It makes the curbing at Adelaide not have the same impact on the car. Its a shame as this track has a lot of potential with some TLC. (The track is Terra 21 Adelaide 2016)

I finally bashed down the scan data to a mere 900mb by keeping only the road and 2m either side of it, its clean enough to not need additional help from a physicall ridden kml, some points are tree covered but, i can "extrapolate" through those sections. I decided to take of my jewellers cap and be a little more forgiving on myself in terms of precision, so I think a more effective workflow will be to use RTB to get a "general mesh" use its tools to lift and drop terrain until it roughly matches the scan info, then finish the rest of it in RTB. the trees still worry me because the assets in RTB ore, well, wanting, and the assets I can find free on the web are mesh models, not crossplane, so after saving on terrain mesh id simply be killing it with tree mesh.

In terms of your comment.. ya.. not to mention the moss/litchen growth near the edges, the road more dangerous for that is "Ten Mile" up the top end of Putty, which is ALSO a worthy AC track to make. I have thrown one of my bikes down on the green there, slipped in the road verge on the moss, that stuff is CRAZY slippery. skip into about the 7-8 minute mark and watch the road colour change from black to tinge green...
View attachment 954836
If there wasnt as much rockface etc, id have made this a project instead fo the nasho. but. baby steps. let me first figure out the trees i guess.

Kept it sensible and managed to get a nice line at a good pace, good ride indeed... Those rockface areas are crappy for riders period, even the centre of road was looking dubious at times... Putty? Ah, the longest way around to get to Newcastle... that would be scarier... Keep posting updates when able to.

upload_2020-9-3_23-14-50.png

Looks like the person on Race Dept had plans to do more updates on the track, but hasnt been updated
since May 2019. Going to try the track tonight just to see what it is. I am not a track modder like Teddie
is though. Pictures of track on Race Dept look pretty good. Not a very long track from you tube videos.
I hope someone will 'open' the complete layout there. The small layouts look very nice but hardly suited for racing...

I hope someone will 'open' the complete layout there. The small layouts look very nice but hardly suited for racing...
Hi @Fanapryde. The Oval is not too bad even though it is flat, and maybe setup a route for doing gokarting. Could be a good drifting track with the right route setup. But do agree with you, what is setup right now is a small track.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back