Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,796 comments
So the FK8 (current gen type R), that was posted a while back is on slicks, ideally it should be on 245/30/20's Model Specific Contisport Contact 6's with some extra reinforcement in the sidewalls. The new limited edition will come on Cup 2's :cool:

It would be nice to put some road / trackday tyres on the car, slicks are fine for a Touring car, but they don't really fit with the road car ;) Having a look through the available tyres I can see some 245/25/20 fronts from the 911 Carrera (street and semi Slick) and a Lambo (hyper car road), which I have put on using content manager, the dimensions are a little different from the slicks (247/20/20) is there anything that needs to be adjusted anywhere else to get them to work properly?
I think the gearing also also wrong. My own car 2nd gear don't go past 60mph....

I think the gearing also also wrong. My own car 2nd gear don't go past 60mph....

Yes, the gears do appear to be wrong... All I know about 2nd is that it disappears rather quickly :) third is my favourite ;)

From Honda US website Here

• 1st: 3.625
  • 2nd: 2.115
  • 3rd: 1.529
  • 4th: 1.125
  • 5th: 0.911
  • 6th: 0.735
  • Reverse: 3.758
  • Final Drive: 4.111
I guess they just need to be plugged into the drivetrain.ini like so?

Code:
[GEARS]
COUNT=6
GEAR_R=-3.758
; forward gears ratios. must be equal to number of gears defined on count
GEAR_1=3.625
GEAR_2=2.115
GEAR_3=1.529
GEAR_4=1.125
GEAR_5=0.911
GEAR_6=0.735
FINAL=4.111

Renaming the track folder keeps it from overwriting your conversion. There's a lot of work done to it.

I still have to learn how to do this "seperate track thing",

all up its quite a bit of work, simply slapping an rf(2) >> 3dsimed>>rename>>kseditor>>ac track with a dash of ext_config is quite easy, 1-2 hours tops, but, because of how the engines in those games handle things like textures and camera facing objects are VERY different the result typically looks worse than the same track in its original sim engine, not a goal of mine to do that, so I dig into the geometry itself, sometimes merging a whole bunch of mesh, removing duplicate vertices etc (maybe deleting and redrawing entire section) and reworking so a new UV map can be generated and map better textures, even hand painted ones etc, fix the camera facing objects from rf(2) is also a lot of work to get them looking good, but, it does mean by the time I am done, the two things do not even nearly match "under the hood" to what they are and what they were.

How do I go about keeping the original AND the new one when they are so very different, and things like ext_config , textures folders etc will be shared?

Need to figure it out.

Nice, never knew there was an eXtreme version of this car made in 2000, I also discovered that it even came with its own special livery which I would love to see someone recreate it soon enough unless I won't consider it...lol
1081166-29637-29-720.jpg

It wasn't anything special, it was a standard EVO 6 with the entire ralliart catalog installed on it. Its the same as those M-Peformance parts available from BMW. Hell, BMW copied the entire idea from the Japanese in the first place, LOL

If you want two separate track folders for the "same", or different version of the track you basically make a copy of the whole thing and rename any file that has the old name to the new name: so the folder, the kn5, the reference to the kn5 inside the models.ini and all the other inis on the data folder, etc.
The config file should work as long as it's inside the track´s extension folder and not the assettocorsa>extension>loaded folder (in which case you would have to rename that too).
Hope it helps.

It wasn't anything special, it was a standard EVO 6 with the entire ralliart catalog installed on it. Its the same as those M-Peformance parts available from BMW. Hell, BMW copied the entire idea from the Japanese in the first place, LOL
Ye I would like to see you find a RalliArt catalog for this Lancer so that I could find someone to recreate them all from scratch just for that Lancer made by Mike (won't accept the ones who get paid since I'm very broke in life rn lol)

Little update for the "1987 Pontiac Trans Am GTA" by Jarerawwr (maintenance, if you prefer).

-Removed weird plastic texture causing wrinkles on the center of the wheel
-Improved leather textures on seats and doors
-Right mirror enabled
-Added flames (smoke only)
-Added shaking hood and exhaust
-Added deformable hood
-Corrected pavement reflection on gauges glass
-Renamed skin colors, added yellow
-Added driver & driver skin
-Brightened rims
-Added crew & Trans Am banner
-Updated UI info & stats so they match in-game performance

EDIT: Sorry, wrong flames files. This one is right:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/uk6n9roibppy0uj/file

* Model is an oldie and has an invisible leak on the roof that allows a little rainfx effects inside the cockpit (the driver's POV getting wet, a few droplets popping from time to time). I don't know how to fix it, but it has nothing to do with tags as far as I know.

Last edited:
Hi, here is the next update:
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VI GSR EXTREME

50393872778_5de727d423_b.jpg

302 hp version.
there is an even more powerful version (RS II, 345hp), I am studying this one.

Data
https://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/2000/1991150/mitsubishi_lancer_gsr_evolution_vi_extreme.html
and
https://www.automobile-sportive.com/guide/mitsubishi/lancerevo6.php

Many files updated and last but not least, animations thanks to Mascott
Colors are those from the mitsubishi catalog in 2000

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/u1gk8fpcegmsvai/hmt_mitsubishi_lancer_evo6gsr_extreme.7z/file

Have fun,
Mike.

PS: I forgot to mention this excellent mod was made by Holmes Modding Team, huge thanks

Thank you.
Made 3 dark colors with white rims to it. Hehe.

upload_2020-9-29_3-5-37.png

upload_2020-9-29_3-6-8.png

upload_2020-9-29_3-6-42.png

Little update for the "1987 Pontiac Trans Am GTA" by Jarerawwr (maintenance, if you prefer).

-Removed weird plastic texture causing wrinkles on the center of the wheel
-Improved leather textures on seats and doors
-Right mirror enabled
-Added flames (smoke only)
-Added shaking hood and exhaust
-Added deformable hood
-Corrected pavement reflection on gauges glass
-Renamed skin colors, added yellow
-Added driver & driver skin
-Brightened rims
-Added crew & Trans Am banner
-Updated UI info & stats so they match in-game performance

EDIT: Sorry, wrong flames files. This one is right:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/uk6n9roibppy0uj/file

* Model is an oldie and has an invisible leak on the roof that allows a little rainfx effects inside the cockpit (the driver's POV getting wet, a few droplets popping from time to time). I don't know how to fix it, but it has nothing to do with tags as far as I know.

This happened to me at the first corner (tested more than once). Suspension always brake under steering.
I thought it could be the tires being V4. Changed to V10, but the issue remained.
Anyone with the same experience?

emna.jpg

This happened to me at the first corner (tested more than once). Suspension always brake under steering.
I thought it could be the tires being V4. Changed to V10, but the issue remained.
Anyone with the same experience?

emna.jpg

not broken , it a feature, works with the "Drift Mode ON" button ;)

Hi, here is the next update:
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VI GSR EXTREME

50393872778_5de727d423_b.jpg

302 hp version.
there is an even more powerful version (RS II, 345hp), I am studying this one.

Data
https://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/2000/1991150/mitsubishi_lancer_gsr_evolution_vi_extreme.html
and
https://www.automobile-sportive.com/guide/mitsubishi/lancerevo6.php

Many files updated and last but not least, animations thanks to Mascott
Colors are those from the mitsubishi catalog in 2000

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/u1gk8fpcegmsvai/hmt_mitsubishi_lancer_evo6gsr_extreme.7z/file

Have fun,
Mike.

PS: I forgot to mention this excellent mod was made by Holmes Modding Team, huge thanks

Thanks a lots for this gem. Which Subaru can do a battle with this one?

@Mike08 that you used my track that I converted to meter your skin doesn't cause me any problem, but that you rename the track folder to your name and put the url of your patreon in the track description it's not cool from you
I think i have put the Same amount of hours in it than you... Sorry mate.
And PLEASE , that is not a skin! It is a full track rework.
The original Autor is surely also not Happy that you did not Credit him on your Page and put your Donation and sharemods Link to it.

I credited all of you! And put even your url.

But i think the Community is happy to have another free track Version.
So i would like to handshake with you and the author

Last edited:
it seems there is a lot more wrong with the FK8, than the gears...

Alignment is all off, you can't even get it within factory range! Tried some trial and error adjustment on camber and toe which gets it closer, but then I but I really don't know what I am doing :confused: I'd then like to set the adjustment range to factory as well...

Some questions!

is there a degree setting somewhere for caster? It shows 5.5 but it should be 8

What file is the steering ratio, turning circle located?

I guess I should just go drive my car, much less to think about doing that! ;)

Curvelo, complete reimport of trees, colour variations and heights and types are MUCH better now, fixed the two holes in the mesh, and the floating fences, lots of shader fixes too.
Will upload tonight after I fix a tenacious roadverge issue, I will need to add it to terrain and uvmap, no matter what I set it to it sticks out like a sore thumb.

This version is also based on a full extract of the AMS track, from the start, too many things to fix in the other conversion, was simpler to just burn it to the ground and start afresh.

(whats the next best thing to google drive that has a lot of space, this constant deleting of **** to fit more tracks is a PITA)

I guess i have to take a break these days and test all of your nice tracks and carmods!
Just incredibly much modwork in here, who would have thought this as AC was released in 2014!!?

Curvelo - The "glorious tree" update

DOWNLOAD

Sorry it took a while to upload, but, was not happy with X Trees, so rewrote my python script to make Star Trees.

Track now contains star tree versions of all the original AMS trees from original track. as each tree plane must duplicated, its normals flipped, then duplicated and rotated twice geometry count gets big quickly (even if it only takes a second to do all the trees with the script), so the sacrifice is I did not do the horizon trees in the original track (they are damn far away), as the sattelite texture replacement solves the ground colour issue those trees were trying to solve anyhow.

I use natural mod for gaming, I kind of detest the killer saturation in some tracks so i tone it back, use this ppfilter you are still getting strong greens.

Some triple screen grabs below. gorgeous now, if monotonous green tracks are your thing, this is not for you, brown sand, sandy sand, red sand, and some grey $h1t that the grass cannot decide if it wants to grow on, thrown in just for good measure ;)
upload_2020-9-29_19-47-2.png

upload_2020-9-29_19-42-55.png

upload_2020-9-29_19-43-21.png

Last edited:
I guess i have to take a break these days and test all of your nice tracks and carmods!
Just incredibly much modwork in here, who would have thought this as AC was released in 2014!!?

lol, two tracks that have taken me more than a month all up, and I am STILL not happy, everytime I say I am done with them i go back and tinker.

Opened the Tripoli Track to just pop in some timers, nek minnit, been on it for an hour tweaking bevelling the hard geometry edges, filling in the gaps in the middle, sand texture mapping..

I think track modding is NOT my thing, the jeweller in me says everything is never good enough. I will have no life, reckon after these two I am tipping in my hat!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back