Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,770 comments
It would be a step in the wrong direction.
The main value of the AC is complete openness. Any steps that limit it - kill the very meaning of its existence. 3D models are already encrypted. Now they began to encrypt the data.
What's next? Banning the installation of "wrong" mods? Bann in CSP for "incorrect" use of the mod?
All this can divide the community. Many will say: I have to go back to the vanilla version. I may not have rain and other opportunities, but it will be an "open source" AC. And this will be the worst thing that can happen to AC.
Therefore, I hope that encryption is never mandatory and automatic, but it would be better if Ilya excludes him from CPS altogether. Even if the preview cannot be done with the encrypted model. Then nobody will use them.
AC lives thanks to moders, and largely thanks to Ilya.
Encryption has nothing to do with this, it has not contributed a single drop to the development of the AC.
But encryption precisely this that can spoil all this.

I really agree.

Lets wait and see. There are rumours around, that it might become a 'paradise' for modders. hehe. Wait and see.
I wonder if, and how €£$ will work in future.

For me, what will be, will be.

Algarve GRID 0.1

screenshot.jpg

I've been waiting to see Algarve from GRID Autosport in a proper sim for years now, and with the F1 race closing in yesterday I gave up waiting, dove into AC tutorials, and hacked it together myself. I've taken it as far as I can right now with my basic Blender knowledge, which is to say it's ugly, but I wanted to get it out before F1 practice begins.

The Reboot version of Algarve is a great conversion of an ancient, atrociously inaccurate Race 07 mesh. Exaggerated elevations, ridiculous banking, warped corner shapes, 100% incorrect wall positions, a narrow main straight, and kerbs of death. This image demonstrates my point:

comparison.jpg

Reboot/GRID Autosport/Real

In comparison the GRID version is more or less perfect, with very accurate elevations, cambers, and widths, plus the corners don't look like they were drawn by somebody that just found the pen tool.

This is a 0.1 release, which means:

Ugly materials
Blurry terrain textures
No normal maps
No physical mesh
No cameras
No light config

Plus 3dsimed lost most of the debris fencing. I'd love to see more skilled modders improve it! It could really use some sausage kerbs.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/clgwu3utsi6al4z/algarve_grid_0.1.7z/file

I don't know why my name is here, in the first place.

I never, never!!! Said or asked for contributions in firts posts from new members!
What I have always said or asked from new members, was a first post polite, at least with a 'hi' or 'hello'!
That was what I only asked for. :grumpy:

Stop posting comments naming me please. I never did it about noone. I demand the same.

thank you.
Yep, I wasn't very happy having my name mentioned in reaction to a polite first post either. I ignored it at the time but Daan has drawn attention to it by quoting it, so I feel the need to respond as well.
I don't think anyone here expects first time posters to contribute before receiving help, but by the same token there used to be a glut of quite rude and abrupt first-time posts demanding reuploads or links without so much as a polite hello. I'd still object to those types of posts (if we still got them - they are thankfully rare nowadays) based on the lack of common courtesy shown, but the one that triggered the two posts that Daan rather overreacted to (IMO) did not fall into that category. Of course new members are always very welcome here, but rudeness and entitlement in first posts might not be well received by some members.
Treat others how you would like to be treated, I guess.

There's already one of those out there too. It's on the shelf next to CrewChief. :P

EDIT: Have you heard of this thing called Google? You just enter the search terms 'assetto corsa truck racing' and then see all sorts of crazy answers to your question. It's like magic!

lol. Anyway I was thinking on tracks like Misano or others

Please explain to me why anyone would use "vanilla AC" in 2020?
AC, with CM, CSP and SOL is better in any and every way, looks better, better optimized, even FFB is better.
Please enlighten me, I have a very hard time understanding your anti CM, CSP, SOL position.
The main problem is you think I'm anti CSP. I'm not, like I've mentioned it is an amazing mod that brings night time to AC, where even the developers said "no no it can't be done, because AC has only 1 light source, the sun".
I'm not gonna repeat myself, please read thoroughly my last comment if you're interested.
We could have the best mod for AC, that does everything, I dunno turns car sounds into real car sounds and everything, but I still wouldn't make a car mod that is dependent on that.

You take 1 car mod that is optimized for mod A, then the next day you have a different car mod from another modder that is optimized for mod B. There's your problem, now you cannot use both of those mods
All vanilla ac cars works even better with csp, which also automatically downloads for you the configs in case there are avaliable so that's not right, all mods work with csp while not all mods work without.
There no other reason not to optimise your mods to vanilla game other than being lazy.
This doesn't make sense, why would be a modder lazy for ADDING more features which take time, I think it's exactly the opposite, I mean, you are lazy enough not to download a mod so
CSP is just not enough, like you said you still need to set it up, which is a complete mess
It's not a complete mess at all, there are literally boxes to tick and you can also share and load premade configuration, I could give you mine in one click.
And if you really want to make your AC look good, you first need CSP, then you need SOL, then you need a different version of SOL that enables time changing and weather changing, and then you have the ppfilters and let's not forget about the track light settings,
You don't necessarily need SOL to make your game look good, CSP has its own weather implementation and some filters are specifically made for that. All SOL versions do the exact same thing, they are just updates, get the latest one. Not sure what you mean by track light settings? configs? Those are automatically downloaded if you have cm and csp, tracks that don't work with sol are usually just really old mods, every new track or vanilla ac content works fine.
while you end up with a game that was released 30 GBs and is now 150 GBs. It's just overcomplicated for what reason? The reason is lazyness, when you can't be bothered to adjust your car to the vanilla base game.
Latest CSP is 47.2 MB to download, not sure where those GBs come from honestly. And "adjusting" csp features to vanilla game it's just not possible. How in the world is that lazyness? I don't get it, you just can't. Everything csp offers is an overhaul of vanilla ac, pbr for example cannot work on vanilla, nothing to do about that, and a car without it will never look better than a car that has it, so again, no reason to make stuff for vanilla ac that would look worse.

You are basically asking Polyphony Digital if they could release GT7 optimised for the PS2 because you don't want to get a PS5 and set it up to play GT7 but you still have a PS2. Or telling VW they are lazy for not making replacement parts for your Mk1 Golf because they are now only making the Golf Mk8.
I'm just telling you that no one would make worse and outdated mods because someone refuses to use csp, you can avoid using it if you like but you can't expect people to do stuff for it.

If you need help with CM, CSP and SOL I can help you set everything up in 10 minutes without any Youtube tutorial, if you don't want because this is your idea and you won't change it for whataver reason, at least stop calling modders that work to implement always new features lazy, the lazy one here is probably just you.

Please explain to me why anyone would use "vanilla AC" in 2020?
AC, with CM, CSP and SOL is better in any and every way, looks better, better optimized, even FFB is better.
Please enlighten me, I have a very hard time understanding your anti CM, CSP, SOL position.

Once you go CM/CSP, you can't go back (at least until the day that CM becomes an uncontrollable monster that consumes itself and we all are back to the stoneage), but I can think some reason to pick up vanilla over "modern AC":

Vanilla is bugless, never crashes, there are no useless and distracting features (IMO Reflection FX, Windscreen FX, whatever-the-fack FX), has no eternally expanding menu-jungle, is much less demanding for GPU and older PCs in general. 95% of the key features of the game are IMO present in vanilla-AC, which is a great and beautiful sim still. CM brings some cream of the top and a lot of complication (even with recommended CSP builds).

If vanilla-AC has Grass FX, 24h-day-night-cycle and no limits for car-count, I might be using it still.

And still I think CM&CSP are amazing and essential stuff that makes the game a whole lot better.

I might be schizophrenic.

Hey welcome to the forum they are lot of pages of mods to go through. To help you out have look at this website where a lot pervious generations SuperGT cars done by a SuperGT modding team Including the 2005 TOYOTA JZA80 GT500.

https://chivas-autoart.wixsite.com/home
Hi, I have all SGT stuff from Chivas, Malagoli, URD etc., but this is the nicest early SGT Supra I've been able to find so far. I just don't have any skins for it, so can't really race it. Yeah I'm weird in that way. :lol: Thanks for the effort anyway. 👍

I never, never!!! Said or asked for contributions in firts posts from new members!
What I have always said or asked from new members, was a first post polite, at least with a 'hi' or 'hello'!

Stop posting comments naming me please. I never did it about noone. I demand the same.

thank you.
No one ever said that you ask for contributions in first posts from new members, not at all. No idea why daan wrote that.

Hi, I have all SGT stuff from Chivas, Malagoli, URD etc., but this is the nicest early SGT Supra I've been able to find so far. I just don't have any skins for it, so can't really race it. Yeah I'm weird in that way. :lol: Thanks for the effort anyway. 👍
The nicest Supra apart from Chivas' JZA80, that is. I'm a car mod hoarder. :lol:

Is sector timing working on A to B tracks? :confused:

Anyone knows of a hill climb track where sector timing is actually working?
All I find are tracks with no sector times at all or
first and only sector time is the same than the total time.

Also at Kunos Trento Bondone it's like that.

Is there another way getting sector times than with: AC_TIME_0_L, AC_TIME_0_R, AC_TIME_1_L, AC_TIME_1_R ...

Okay. So no one has an idea?

I'm same when come to cars has a skin modder myself I don't understand why car modders don't make full skins when they release they mods. That particle supra looks like unfinish project has it hasn't got a working digital dash or shift lights.

thank you.

Yep, I wasn't very happy having my name mentioned in reaction to a polite first post either. I ignored it at the time but Daan has drawn attention to it by quoting it, so I feel the need to respond as well.
I don't think anyone here expects first time posters to contribute before receiving help, but by the same token there used to be a glut of quite rude and abrupt first-time posts demanding reuploads or links without so much as a polite hello. I'd still object to those types of posts (if we still got them - they are thankfully rare nowadays) based on the lack of common courtesy shown, but the one that triggered the two posts that Daan rather overreacted to (IMO) did not fall into that category. Of course new members are always very welcome here, but rudeness and entitlement in first posts might not be well received by some members.
Treat others how you would like to be treated, I guess.

Hello everyone, I have never posted on this forum but I hope you can help me in my search. I would like to know if anyone has ever seen a download link for the ferrari sf90 stradale? Thank you in advance

I want to apologize with you both and also with the guy who asked for the mod. This is a great place and I don't want to mess up it with my behavior. Sorry guys, my bad. Really really sorry:bowdown:
P.S. and obviously @Artaban you're welcome here and to answer to your question, no sorry no Ferrari SF90 stradale in here and I suppose nowhere... I can't find it to download but i've spotted just few videos on it

Last edited:
I'm same when come to cars has a skin modder myself I don't understand why car modders don't make full skins when they release they mods. That particle supra looks like unfinish project has it hasn't got a working digital dash or shift lights.
That seems to be the case, it also had outdated tires and crappy sounds, if I do recall correctly. Oh well, seems like I have to learn myself how to paint skins. :dunce:

I agree with you both 100%. If you have all the skins of the season, the feeling is much more immersive. While we are on the subject, today I finally finished creating (2) and adapting (4) skins, so we will have a grid of all 24 skins for the 2010 GT1 season. Now comes the hard part. I acquired actual data for the cars from that season (specs) and the cars are so far off from each other, it's not even funny (how a Nissan GT-R could run within a second or two to Maserati MC12 on all different layouts is beyond me). But I've been fiddling with these for weeks now and I am making progress. I want to BOP them, for my v2 pack release, so they run lap times close, or exactly as they did IRL on each and every track (without compromising the specs of the cars). Still a way to go though (3 cars down, 3 to go). Release of complete pack probably next week:
Posnetek zaslona 2020-10-21 195940.jpg

Posnetek zaslona 2020-10-21 195918.jpg

Posnetek zaslona 2020-10-21 200100.jpg

Posnetek zaslona 2020-10-21 200015.jpg

Posnetek zaslona 2020-10-21 200219.jpg

Posnetek zaslona 2020-10-21 200203.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with you both 100%. If you have all the skins of the season, the feeling is much more immersive. While we are on the subject, I finished creating (2) and adapting (4) skins today, so we will have a grid of all 24 skins for the 2010 GT1 season. Now comes the hard part. I acquired actual data for the cars from that season (specs) and the cars are so far off from each other, it's not even funny. I've been fiddling with these for weeks now and I am making progress. I want to BOP them, for my v2 pack release, so they run lap times close, or exactly as they did IRL on each and every track (without compromising the specs of the cars). Still a way to go, though (3 cars down, 3 to go). Release of complete pack probably next week:
View attachment 966444
View attachment 966445
View attachment 966442
View attachment 966443
View attachment 966440
View attachment 966441

I've been track side race official for series in final year for the FIA GT1 would like see proper BOP for these cars. Here is a good archive website for results for the series.

https://www.racingsportscars.com/championship/FIA GT1.html

I haven't compared either one with google maps but both that I have are very similar in track layout. in an attempt to mess with it I overlaid the good track mesh over the bad one and they ALMOST but not completely line up. But the differences are very small, mostly small elevation differences. How different was the one you tried to the google map? Is there a chance the google imagery is distorted?

I usually check the buildings top see f i can see any "side" of the building for determining if the angle is really bad but it looks dead on, I will pm you this mesh and terrain texture for reference. the total lenght top bottom is quite far out etc.

upload_2020-10-22_5-42-55.png

the Cupra TCR by TMM has wierd ?tyre shadows? in clip you will see several sets of 4 tyre shadows? on the track not related to any cars on the track? I tried to run into a set on purpose to see if its maybe an insible car but its not.

Anyone have a fix as its quite offputting for an otherwise good car.

Last edited:
Something on that LTK and me worked one for a while, we back on it and maybe if we really gonna finish this crap it get's released

View attachment 966459

Hopefully when that's finished the Audi, KTM and GT2 RS won't be too far behind. It'd be neat to be able to finally start running some full SRO GT2 grids in a sim whenever that series gets kicked into high gear. Would be nice if KTM made an official mod car for the GTX. It's possible, hopefully.

Alternatively, Kunos might bring those cars to Competizione as a DLC, but my computer can't handle that game as well and AC has much more flexibility with tracks. Either way. SRO GT2 cars are

Last edited:
I find it frustrating to keep good mods that modders create and post in this forum but knowing that my computer is going to run the assetto with all those mods at 15 fps because I don't have the money or time to buy a new computer

I need to cry, so many grid presets in my head.

Last edited:
the Cupra TCR by TMM has wierd ?tyre shadows? in clip you will see several sets of 4 tyre shadows? on the track not related to any cars on the track? I tried to run into a set on purpose to see if its maybe an insible car but its not.

Anyone have a fix as its quite offputting for an otherwise good car.

Could you write me your AC configuration, CSP/SOL version, CSP settings and graphic settings to DM? Never saw this in AC with any mod to be honest, but I will look on it if I will be able to replicate it.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back