Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,742 comments
This is an beautiful mode and is a wonderful homage to the work of Khyzyl Saleem:
https://www.artstation.com/khyzylsaleem

@K E N N E T H This is a unique model, an absolute visual pleasure and I hope to see many more in this vision. Clearly a huge amount of time and dedication has gone into this model, congratulations to everyone involved.

I noticed however that there is still an issue with the #Steer_Ratio / Rod and Lock with this vehicle.

I have therefore attached a fix for those who wish to use it (primarily wheel users) and have attached the details and evidence explaining why this is the case.

Currently the vehicle is set to have the following data in the the car.ini:

[CONTROLS]
FFMULT=1.574
STEER_ASSIST=1.000
STEER_LOCK=320 <<Real car's steer lock from center to right
STEER_RATIO=16.5 <<Steer ratio
LINEAR_STEER_ROD_RATIO=0.0031

As you can see the data states that this vehicle has a #Steer_Lock of 320 degrees which is 640 degrees lock to lock.

The real world maximum data value reported for similar vehicles of this type is 360 degrees / 720 degrees lock to lock. The data in the ini is not far from the maximum specification, however the rods delivery is inaccurate.

This is verified here by Kunos own instructions for configuring the ROD:
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/answers-from-the-devs.12077/

By reducing the #Steer_Lock below the maximum value you are effectively removing the real the world physical rotation wheel users can apply.

It is very possible that in some cases a lock of 10:1 was used at some tracks, however this should not be reflected in the controls config.

As a reference point lets look at the Audi_R8_LMS (not the exact vehicle) and the steering locks for all vehicles in ACC:
https://www.motorsportfocus.net/uploads/2018Bulletins/Audi_R8_LMS_MY2016_Handbook_v1-2018.pdf
https://simracingsetup.com/assetto-corsa/acc-steering-lock-settings/

Lets also look at the Porsche 911 GT3 RS:
https://newsroom.porsche.com/dam/jc...9_911_GT3_RS_Technical_Specifications.pdf.PDF

As you can see Audi frequently report a maximum lock of 720 degrees (Porsche 800) with a #Steer Ratio of anywhere from 13+ to 17+ with around 20 degrees at the tire depending on the ratios.

Now lets take a closer look again at the data supplied with this wonderful model and compare it to a screen shot of the live in game telemetry to see how It compares and translates in game.

[CONTROLS]
FFMULT=1.574
STEER_ASSIST=1.000

How this translates in game:
View attachment 970108

As you can see the data is misaligned the vehicle is reporting an in game #Steer_Ratio of 10.2 (as we are left wheel to left side in this picture) with 31.5 degrees of angle at the tire all in less than 320 degrees of physical rotation?

Now lets take a look if we input the manufactures specifications:

[CONTROLS]
FFMULT=1.574
STEER_ASSIST=1.000
STEER_LOCK=360 <<Real car's steer lock from center to right
LINEAR_STEER_ROD_RATIO=0.00197

Now we have a #Steer_Lock of 360 degrees / 720 degrees lock to lock which is the maximum reported value advertised for this vehicle type from in ACC and the data sheet above. The ROD has been adjusted to compensate for the added rotation.

Lets see how this translates in game and in telemetry.
View attachment 970109

As you can see the car now reports an in game Steer_Ratio of 16.5 and 21 degrees the tire (as we are left wheel to left side in this picture) which is within margin of error when compared to the spec sheet ACC et al.

However as these vehicles frequently change their DOR and SR from track to track, something we are unable do in AC and I acknowledge that this is a "maximum" reported degree of rotation and was likely not used on every track, it therefore makes sense to find an average.

As the cars run between 13+:1 and 17+:1 ratios it does not seen unreasonable to use 15.5 as a reference point.

Lets input the data and adjust the ROD to compensate:

[CONTROLS]
FFMULT=1.574
STEER_ASSIST=1.000
STEER_RATIO=15.5 <<Steer ratio
LINEAR_STEER_ROD_RATIO=0.00190

Lets see how that translates in game and in the telemetry:
View attachment 970261

The game is now reporting a #Steer_Ratio of 15.5 (as we are left wheel to left side in this picture) with 23 degrees of angle at the tire all in 360 degrees of physical rotation. When driven on the track the car handles far more realistically and feels vastly superior on a wheel.

We have now corrected the lock/ratio and rod, found a suitable medium for wheel and controller users and provided a more accurate representation of the vehicles specifications.

Finally we address the elephant "so did Kunos get it wrong” as some of the data in this vehicle was lifted directly from base content, the answer to that is yes and no.

Kunos had to cater for many situations, including limitations with consumer grade wheel inputs (from a decade ago) many of which were not DD or 900+ DOR. They also had to consider balancing, setups, bopping, console controller users etc which was no easy task.

Kunos have openly admitted on several occasions, which I find incredibly admirable, that they have made mistakes in the past, here is one of those examples:
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...or-the-devs-concerning-ffb-differences.26638/

Many internally were unaware what #Steer_Assist did and assumed it was power steering or game pad assist (and not a gamma) and were applying it to vehicles incorrectly. Kunos later clarified what #Steer_Assist was and stated that any and all affected vehicles would be updated and fixed, not all were.

While the data included with this vehicle many not be completely incorrect, and it works particularly well for controller users, what I can say is that the data in ACC and modern AC mods (including those ported from ACC) no longer align with the older data in the original base AC content, improvements have been made.

Much has changed in sim racing and as such modding has evolved, much like consumer hardware and while the data entered in some AC cars is not bad, incorrect or wrong, that’s not to say it’s completely infallible and can not be improved upon.

Thanks again for sharing this mod with the community.
The files for the fix are attached for anyone who would like to use it:

Holy....!!! Fixed every way!!!
anyone advocating encrypting mods this... this... is why mods should NOT be encrypted!
this transforms a a pig to a stallion!!!

As you can see from this picture from Brabham BT62 there are no fonts at the steering wheel dashboard

csp-167461.jpg

So here is a set of fonts from RSS Bayro 6 for the Brabham BT62 plus a small change at digital instruments ini file because the lap time and last lap values where to low and need a little upshift correction

In order to use the correction:

1.Unpack car data.acd via CM
2.Download the attached digital_instruments.ini.txt file and remove the .txt extension
3.Copy the file to content\cars\brabham_bt62\data and replace when prompted
4.Return to CM and repack data
5.Copy brabham_bt62.png and brabham_bt62.txt to content\fonts
6.Go to your favourite track and test it

The above applies to October update of Brabham BT62 from here:

https://www.brabhamautomotive.com/news/brabham-bt62-on-assetto-corsa/

you just don’t have the latest version of the mod that is mine :

Brabham BT62 V1.31 By Shokeus Act80's
https://mega.nz/file/lVoRkIrS#NQFs0UKdW8ans7HDgU-PoYE-wVgjeOWlWiwXWetrrQo

How did it happen on the Brabham site ? I don’t know !

Last edited:
Keep that yuck to yourself!!!!!!!!!!! Nah I'm kidding but someone commented on FB on my MK3 post that he was creating a MK2 that's almost done.

Awesome!
Would you mind pointing me towards your FB page, im being a bit daft at the moment and can't seem to find it lol

Still gonna enjoy driving your MK3 once its out ;)

I'm currently working on more templates for the server, if anyone would like a particular car or track added just let me know.
It's aimed specifically at short fun races for the community and all events will auto rotate 24/7.

Currently on rotation we have the following:

The "Ferrari F355 Challenge" Homage Featuring - Suzuka RT:
Suzuka.PNG

And...
The "Sega Super GT" Homage Featuring - Calibra DTM, Mercedes-Benz C180 DTM, Toyota Supra JGTC at Lausitzring DTM:
Sega GT.PNG

And...
The "DiRT 3" Homage Featuring - Toyota Celica at Monaco RallyX:
Dirt 3.PNG

And...
The "NFS:Shift" Homage Featuring - Mazda MX5 Cup at Glendale:
Glendale.PNG

And The Legendary!
The "Daytona USA" Homage Featuring - Chevrolet Lumina at 777 Speedway:
Daytona.PNG

You can jump in and join any race at any time in the rotation there are absolutely no restrictions!

No Practice!
No Qualification!
Just Pure Arcade Action!

No need to worry about ratings or how fast (or slow) you are as that's is not a point of this server.
There are no safety ratings, no metrics, no restriction and no cost.
The only reason this server exists is to create a "Local Arcade" for us all to use virtually.

Upcoming additions:
Need For Speed!
Forza!
Mario Kart!
SCUD!
Sega Rally Championship!
IMSA Classics!
Sega Classics!
Classic F1!
and much more...

Treat the server as if you were going to the Arcade with your friends.
If there are any games you would like to have recreated on the server, let me know and I'll create it for you and your friends to enjoy.

It's up and running now for all to use 24/7
The Online Arcade

Last edited:
Thanks for the track (loved it in rF2, love it even more in AC.
But I have a small issue on a big part of the second half of the track (let's call it the start/finish "straight"):D
My steering wheel (direct drive) gets several strange jolts, not the classic staircase effect that some converted tracks show.
Could you please check ?
The same thing also with my G27.
I stopped with this track cause i'm afraid of damaging the bearings on my steering wheel, the shocks are quite violent and repetitive.
A bit like on a beta version of a circuit i had tried where there was not enough triangle.

This is an beautiful mode and is a wonderful homage to the work of Khyzyl Saleem:
https://www.artstation.com/khyzylsaleem

@K E N N E T H This is a unique model, an absolute visual pleasure and I hope to see many more in this vision. Clearly a huge amount of time and dedication has gone into this model, congratulations to everyone involved.

I noticed however that there is still an issue with the #Steer_Ratio / Rod and Lock with this vehicle.

I have therefore attached a fix for those who wish to use it (primarily wheel users) and have attached the details and evidence explaining why this is the case.

Currently the vehicle is set to have the following data in the the car.ini:

[CONTROLS]
FFMULT=1.574
STEER_ASSIST=1.000

As you can see the data states that this vehicle has a #Steer_Lock of 320 degrees which is 640 degrees lock to lock.

The real world maximum data value reported for similar vehicles of this type is 360 degrees / 720 degrees lock to lock. The data in the ini is not far from the maximum specification, however the rods delivery is inaccurate.

This is verified here by Kunos own instructions for configuring the ROD:
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/answers-from-the-devs.12077/

By reducing the #Steer_Lock below the maximum value you are effectively removing the real the world physical rotation wheel users can apply.

It is very possible that in some cases a lock of 10:1 was used at some tracks, however this should not be reflected in the controls config.

As a reference point lets look at the Audi_R8_LMS (not the exact vehicle) and the steering locks for all vehicles in ACC:
https://www.motorsportfocus.net/uploads/2018Bulletins/Audi_R8_LMS_MY2016_Handbook_v1-2018.pdf
https://simracingsetup.com/assetto-corsa/acc-steering-lock-settings/

Lets also look at the Porsche 911 GT3 RS:
https://newsroom.porsche.com/dam/jc...9_911_GT3_RS_Technical_Specifications.pdf.PDF

As you can see Audi frequently report a maximum lock of 720 degrees (Porsche 800) with a #Steer Ratio of anywhere from 13+ to 17+ with around 20 degrees at the tire depending on the ratios.

Now lets take a closer look again at the data supplied with this wonderful model and compare it to a screen shot of the live in game telemetry to see how It compares and translates in game.

[CONTROLS]
FFMULT=1.574
STEER_ASSIST=1.000

How this translates in game:
View attachment 970108

As you can see the data is misaligned the vehicle is reporting an in game #Steer_Ratio of 10.2 (as we are left wheel to left side in this picture) with 31.5 degrees of angle at the tire all in less than 320 degrees of physical rotation?

Now lets take a look if we input the manufactures specifications:

[CONTROLS]
FFMULT=1.574
STEER_ASSIST=1.000
LINEAR_STEER_ROD_RATIO=0.00197

Now we have a #Steer_Lock of 360 degrees / 720 degrees lock to lock which is the maximum reported value advertised for this vehicle type from in ACC and the data sheet above. The ROD has been adjusted to compensate for the added rotation.

Lets see how this translates in game and in telemetry.
View attachment 970109

As you can see the car now reports an in game Steer_Ratio of 16.5 and 21 degrees the tire (as we are left wheel to left side in this picture) which is within margin of error when compared to the spec sheet ACC et al.

However as these vehicles frequently change their DOR and SR from track to track, something we are unable do in AC and I acknowledge that this is a "maximum" reported degree of rotation and was likely not used on every track, it therefore makes sense to find an average.

As the cars run between 13+:1 and 17+:1 ratios it does not seen unreasonable to use 15.5 as a reference point.

Lets input the data and adjust the ROD to compensate:

[CONTROLS]
FFMULT=1.574
STEER_ASSIST=1.000
STEER_RATIO=15.5 <<Steer ratio
LINEAR_STEER_ROD_RATIO=0.00190

Lets see how that translates in game and in the telemetry:
View attachment 970261

The game is now reporting a #Steer_Ratio of 15.5 (as we are left wheel to left side in this picture) with 23 degrees of angle at the tire all in 360 degrees of physical rotation. When driven on the track the car handles far more realistically and feels vastly superior on a wheel.

We have now corrected the lock/ratio and rod, found a suitable medium for wheel and controller users and provided a more accurate representation of the vehicles specifications.

Finally we address the elephant "so did Kunos get it wrong” as some of the data in this vehicle was lifted directly from base content, the answer to that is yes and no.

Kunos had to cater for many situations, including limitations with consumer grade wheel inputs (from a decade ago) many of which were not DD or 900+ DOR. They also had to consider balancing, setups, bopping, console controller users etc which was no easy task.

Kunos have openly admitted on several occasions, which I find incredibly admirable, that they have made mistakes in the past, here is one of those examples:
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...or-the-devs-concerning-ffb-differences.26638/

Many internally were unaware what #Steer_Assist did and assumed it was power steering or game pad assist (and not a gamma) and were applying it to vehicles incorrectly. Kunos later clarified what #Steer_Assist was and stated that any and all affected vehicles would be updated and fixed, not all were.

While the data included with this vehicle many not be completely incorrect, and it works particularly well for controller users, what I can say is that the data in ACC and modern AC mods (including those ported from ACC) no longer align with the older data in the original base AC content, improvements have been made.

Much has changed in sim racing and as such modding has evolved, much like consumer hardware and while the data entered in some AC cars is not bad, incorrect or wrong, that’s not to say it’s completely infallible and can not be improved upon.

Thanks again for sharing this mod with the community.
The files for the fix are attached for anyone who would like to use it:
Thanks. Just a heads up, the car.ini for the V2 gets placed in the car folder, not the data folder, if anyone just drops your 'content' folder into AC. You forgot to add the data folder to the file tree for that car.

Thanks. Just a heads up, the car.ini for the V2 gets placed in the car folder, not the data folder, if anyone just drops your 'content' folder into AC. You forgot to add the data folder to the file tree for that car.

Nice Catch,
I'll re-upload a folder name change now, Thanks Masscot 👍

Edit: Fixed.

Last edited:
Awesome!
Would you mind pointing me towards your FB page, im being a bit daft at the moment and can't seem to find it lol

Still gonna enjoy driving your MK3 once its out ;)

It was in the Assetto Corsa Mod Central facebook group.

PS: resized steering wheel because it looked too small also the data is being worked on!

upload_2020-11-9_14-27-15.png

wip
upload_2020-11-9_14-28-2.png

wip

Release before the end of the week is probably possible :)

Yup, it's raining :) Thanks! So to test any other available versions, always use the manual archive method? AND the sky remains blacked out on 1.67, at any time of day. So testing begins...
Does anyone have a quick fix for the black sky (under 1.67)?
It could be time related for time of year or try changing weather with sol when in game. My 1.67 works fine.

shi
Diriyah ePrix v1.0
View attachment 970510

New York City ePrix v1.0
View attachment 970511

Rome ePrix v1.0
View attachment 970512

- 24 or 22 pit/start
- AI
- VAO
- Replay cam
- Camtool Replay(_option_camtool folder)

Known issues : Better AI line (needs help) , There is no lid on the side of the curb

*Obtained permission to convert*

- Original mod by LFT Rfactor Tracks
- Track Convert by shin956
- Camtool Replay by @ckkjw398

This is the end of updating ePrix Track from rFactor unless there is a serious problem.
Thank you.

Is it just me, or do all ePrix venues look like Lego tracks? Or scenery from Bruce Artwick's original Flight Simulator?

shi
Diriyah ePrix v1.0
View attachment 970510

New York City ePrix v1.0
View attachment 970511

Rome ePrix v1.0
View attachment 970512

- 24 or 22 pit/start
- AI
- VAO
- Replay cam
- Camtool Replay(_option_camtool folder)

Known issues : Better AI line (needs help) , There is no lid on the side of the curb

*Obtained permission to convert*

- Original mod by LFT Rfactor Tracks
- Track Convert by shin956
- Camtool Replay by @ckkjw398

This is the end of updating ePrix Track from rFactor unless there is a serious problem.
Thank you.

Thank you for your time and work. Well done. :cheers:

Hello everyone!

I've got a wierd question, hoping that someone can help me: I wanted to grab data lap by lap from a session (lap times, fuel consumption and tyre wear) to put on a spreadsheet. Is it possible to do so out-of-the box in CM, or do I have to write an app for it?

From FB: 777 Speedway v.1.1 by Frito

124687095_3771853406200398_316877473023189010_o.jpg

- added support for GrassFX
- smoother road model for better physics (I forgot who sent me the fix)
- new AI line (Still work in progress, but much.. much better than the first one)
- new track skin (Classic 777 Look)

Share and enjoy!

Last edited:
Go to car sfx folder

Rename ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2019.bank to l_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2019.bank

Open GUID.txt in Notepad ++ preferably and find where it says ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2019 and rename all entries to l_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2019.

Should be 20 entries if not mistaken

Sound works perfectly this way
it works perfectly thank you

Nice car but i have no Sound
with pugsang's explanations it works perfectly for me :
pugsang:
Go to car sfx folder

Rename ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2019.bank to l_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2019.bank

Open GUID.txt in Notepad ++ preferably and find where it says ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2019 and rename all entries to l_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2019.

Should be 20 entries if not mistaken

Sound works perfectly this way

There's a few reasons, if you've got the same 720S Spider as me (don't know if there's been updates) then it's 136 kg too light and has 140 Nm too much torque, plus it's running Hypercar Trofeo tyres as standard vs the Hypercar Road tyres of the 488 GTB. Tyres are a matter of preference and I've not looked further into the data, but if basics like torque and weight are wrong, then I'd have little faith in things such as the drivetrain and aero either.

Yeah I noticed the same performance figures. I just went ahead and deleted the car because driving it felt like driving a GT3 version in all honesty. I downloaded the 675LT mod instead on Assettoland and it seems to fit in the spot the 720s had before it quite adequately. I actually find it drives nicer too, at least on a pad.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back