Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,231 comments
Ema many thanks for visual updates for this track. I still have some parts that are missing textures though. Waiting for final fixes.

Can you better explain, about missing textures?
Actually i've in mind fixes like shaders adjustment (some walls and bridges too bright), some other object with incorrect shadows (a building near the pitlane)... Also the crowd in main stands, but i don't know if i'm able to do it and in it worth.

Something I noticed- there's a strange spectator over looking the track, It's a little intimidating:View attachment 977288

My guess being that you have never been to Spain, nothing strange about that 'Osborne' bull overlooking the environment/surroundings.
You can see these in several places irl... :)

1024px-Toro_de_Osborne_Santa_Elena.jpg

Last edited:
I know this is a beta version, but there's an issue with the lap timing. I drove about five laps and never set a lap time.

This is a fascinating track. The elevation changes are extreme, and the cambers can really throw you off. In VR, this is even more dramatic. If the pit area were cleaned up to fix the floating cars, and the road mesh smoothed as you enter the track, that would be a good first improvement.

This track could be more incredible if the roadside features were updated with better textures and normal maps, the trees were updated or replaced, and maybe some of the mountain and other features were improved.
Right, no timers have been put in. I released this as a very rough beta, to judge if anyone...
- wants me to continue
- if better/good versions exist, i wont bother with any more effort
- is it worth continuing?
- I dont/cant do "3D work" to fix blocky mountains or road mesh issues (a mesh smooth sometimes helps)

I might be able to pop in some better TSO, or yet clear out that parking lot for pits (there is a speed hump in the pit mesh under the current PIT_0).

I have all IDASZero and IDSS tracks in unconverted format. I have Akina Snow 85% done, but it needs trees as there are none (I have trees, but they are all at mesh 0,0,0). Better if someone was willing to pick up the basic conversion and do those bits.
Some tracks will be easier than others, and certainly I do not wish to duplicate any tracks that have a good quality conversion already.

Last edited:
My guess being that you have never been to Spain, nothing strange about that 'Osborne' bull overlooking the environment/surroundings.
You can see these in several places irl... :)

1024px-Toro_de_Osborne_Santa_Elena.jpg

Aaahh, I see. You guys must excuse my ignorance-it's what happens when one lives in the US. Especially now, we're not supposed to even leave our house here in Los Angeles. :banghead:

Oh my, I admire it for it's unbridled, un-woke, "masculinity". Way to go Spain! :cheers:

BTW does anyone have a rough gps coordinates for this area, I'm trying to update the json for somewhat realistic weather?

Last edited:
Ema
Can you better explain, about missing textures?
Actually i've in mind fixes like shaders adjustment (some walls and bridges too bright), some other object with incorrect shadows (a building near the pitlane)... Also the crowd in main stands, but i don't know if i'm able to do it and in it worth.

When I wanted to take a screenshot I realized its my bad. Played in dusk and nearby asphalt looked so black that I thought its a missing texture :) Sorry

Looks great, the texture work on the buildings in particular looks very impressive. It's always good to see a Welsh track in AC.

I live in the heart of Snowdonia which has some phenomenal driving roads that I know very well and would love to bring to AC but it would be a monumental task far beyond my skills.

Llanberis Pass

t8ZUQxB.jpg

t8ZUQxB

Last edited:
When I wanted to take a screenshot I realized its my bad. Played in dusk and nearby asphalt looked so black that I thought its a missing texture :) Sorry

Its not your bad...
It was a strange issue made by the config file + the groove (that is made in a strange way, totally different from almost all other tracks), so in certain conditions the asphalt looked nearly black. I already fixed this, for the next release

Last edited:
Great! I wrote him a guide by PM, which pretty much explains the same.

TBH I was gonna write it all out and then I remembered there was a video I'd posted before that explained it well enough. Hopefully he gets it from your guide and this video - more people skinning is always a good thing

Ema
Its not your bad...
It was a strange issue made by the config file + the groove (that is made in a strange way, totally different from almost all other tracks), so in certain conditions the asphalt looked nearly black. I already fixed this, for the next release

Speaking of

Sidelines and new pit for Misano:
https://mega.nz/file/uwownI6Z#dPyF-kOl5PEhkJxNzB5VeNO5U19ZKLTN_aKCimMWX50

The fast lane is very good for this track. I tried to adjust sidelines a little for less crashing, especially for faster vehicles. In doing so it will slow the fastest ai car down by a few tenths in testing, but the overall field will be more consistent. Tested Kunos GT3's and RSS F1 2020's at 100% strength and aggression. No crashes with those two particular classes. Back up the track, or your ai, just in case you like it a little rough.

Couple notes:
1. The ai_hints in the data folder is a performance booster. Maybe the original author of the ai thought it was too slow. In my opinion, it is fast enough without them. Maybe it works well for slower cars. Feel free to delete the ai_hints if you want. It will only slow the field down a few tenths.
2. It's nice how the kerbs have nearly similar friction numbers as the main road in the surfaces.ini. I do this with a lot of tracks (only after tweaking ai) as I don't ever race on-line. The way you can really use the kerbs on this track is fantastic.
3. The map is a little off center in the Map Display app.
4. The only graphical issue I notice is with the crowds. Some grandstands are filled, others are completely empty.

Otherwise, this track is f@ckin' great.

Last edited:
Hi! Take a look here: https://assettoland.wixsite.com/assettoland/volkswagen
It doesn't have the cars that you are looking for, but some alternatives, like VW GOL Marcas Turbo.

[EDIT]: Also, look here: https://www.lucas-mods.com/search/label/AC: Volkswagen

Yes, from these two sites, I downloaded a lot, including the Kharmann-Guia, Pumas, Maverick, Chevrolet Bel-Air 1957 (to make Simca-Chambord), Opel Comodore 1969 (to make the Opala Sedan from the 70s), Dodge Polara got a similar one, VW Brasilia doesn’t have (I got a Golf from the 70s), Opalas and other mods I bought with friends, to make some classic skins of Brazilian racing cars from the 60s, 70s, 80s. VW Gol already downloaded, I already have the mod "Marcas & Pilotos" but AMS. Unfortunately no one converted the VW Passat from AMS, and from what I explored on the internet the closest would be the VW Scirocco 1977, but without any problems, let's get on with it. Thanks, thanks for the tips.

quick sidenote here: those who think that the recently introduced "initial d stage zero" things are from stage zero,
you're wrong, ITS FROM THE ORIGINAL IDAS
IDAS0 AND IDAS ARE DIFFERENT

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back