Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,759 comments
Clearly this seems to have been asked a thousand times but was wondering if there has been any update on the situation and whether someone has been smart enough to design an app to implement fuel and tyre strategy for the AI?

Does anybody knews if there exist a mod for Ford C100 and BMW GTP ?

Attachments

• 20210112_102600.jpg
    20210112_102600.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 20210112_102454.jpg
    20210112_102454.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 57
Finally, I switch to the QuickDrive "Week-End Race" option with a preset for each Championship round ; it allow everything needed : perfect grid with proper AI settings per track, track's skin, time/date, temp., wind speed, etc.

But, naturally, it would be better if all this could be implemented into Championships.

but you load how your preset before each race because I can't see it on the championship page, you're going to "QUICK" and after you start your race in the championship (start the preset before each races, correct ?)

I've noticed the same issue on Topanga Canyon.

I ended up on this as a tweak. still not great but a lot better, also tweaked Peter's rainfx a little.

Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION= terrain
MATERIALS=terrain_01
SHADER = ksMultilayer_fresnel_nm
PROP_... = ksAlphaRef,0.8
PROP_... = ksAmbient, 0.6
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.6
PROP_... = ksSpecular, 0
PROP_... = ksSpecularEXP, 0
PROP_... = ksEmissive, 0,0,0
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION= fix trees.
MATERIALS=bo_pines,bo_leafy, bo_bush?, bo_tree?
SHADER = ksTree
PROP_... = ksAmbient, 0.001
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.3
PROP_... = ksSpecular, 0

and you add this if you love rocks n ****,i felt like it neeed to be a bit more "scrubby".. you will also need to copy the attached DDS into the same folder as the ext_config.ini file. Not for everyone of course, but, if it blows your hair back, enjoy.
Code:
[GRASS_FX]
GRASS_MATERIALS = terrain?
TEXTURE = rocksandgrass.dds
TEXTURE_SLOTS = 8, 3
[GRASS_FX_TEXTURE_GROUP_0]
PIECE_0 = 7,1  ; the grass
PIECE_0_CHANCE = 0.5 ;
PIECE_0_SIZE_MULT = 0.3
[GRASS_FX_TEXTURE_GROUP_1]
PIECE_0 = 8,2 ; the big rock
PIECE_0_CHANCE = 0.3 ;
PIECE_0_SIZE_MULT = 0.4
PIECE_1 = 7,2 ; the small rocks
PIECE_1_CHANCE = 0.25 ;
PIECE_1_SIZE_MULT = 2
[GRASS_FX_CONFIGURATION_A]
MASK_MAIN_THRESHOLD=-0.8
MASK_RED_THRESHOLD=0.001
MASK_MIN_LUMINANCE=-1.5
MASK_MAX_LUMINANCE=1.5
MASK_BLUR=1
SHAPE_SIZE=0.3
SHAPE_WIDTH=1
SHAPE_TIDY=0.7
TEXTURE_BASE_CHANCE = 0;
TEXTURE_GROUP_0_CHANCE = 1;
TEXTURE_GROUP_1_CHANCE = 0.5;
[GRASS_FX_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MATERIALS = terrain?
MAP=A,0.16

upload_2021-1-12_20-40-0.png

upload_2021-1-12_20-42-51.png

Attachments

• rocksandgrass.zip
    138.5 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
but you load how your preset before each race because I can't see it on the championship page, you're going to "QUICK" and after you start your race in the championship (start the preset before each races, correct ?)

No, you misunderstood me. I currently do not use Championship anymore, I'm just using QuickDrive Race Week-end, instead. That mean one preset file per round.

Go to Quick-Drive and select "Race Week-end":
- Select the track and the car you wish to drive, with the right skins
- Define the time/date/weather conditions, etc.
- Create the grid with the right skins, AI levels, etc.
- Save this as a preset like "DTM2020 - RD01 Spa"
- You're done with the first round.

Now, you don't have a complete Championship anymore but you have "rounds" which can be loaded individually ; and you will have, I guess, everything needed.

Cons: If you make many "Championships" this ways, you end up with a large number of preset files...

McLaren F1 (road version from 1994)

I´ve spent many, many hours trying to recreate the real performance and behaviour of this car.

Starting from the engine, real dyno curves and real aceleration figures are present. You´ll feel exactly how fast this Mclaren can accelerate with its low weight and >600 bhp.

Gear ratios are accurate. Limited slip diff is 40% on power like the real car. Coast and preload (there’s no data of them) have been tuned after hours of watching videos and comparing.

Steering ratio is accurate. You´ll turn your steering wheel as much as in the real car.

There is data for suspensión rate (1,43 / 1,80 Hz front and rear). It´s a very soft sprung car for such a performance (look at the videos from Tiff Needell, it lifts its nose like a boat and sinks it like a submarine). Like real car, it has mild understeer into the corner and then you can break traction very easily, whatever gear you choose (car has no aids). It´s very important to press throttle like a surgeon if you are below third gear. In Best Motoring videos or the Tiff Needell ones, you can see that the car is a beast under sudden acceleration, so be very careful. Its tyre technology is from the 90’s. Don´t expect a car with Pirelli Trofeo R levels of grip ;)

The car feels like a rocket in fast circuits like Monza (again, be careful at corners, this is no P1 GTR), but feels uncomfortable in slow circuits because of it´s huge acceleration and no aids.

Have fun ;)

(*) In post #63293 you have a comparison video with the real car

Car link: https://sharemods.com/zihzfgclcw47/jf_mclaren_f1_1994.rar.html

You are so very welcome with what you are doing. I absolutely dig everything you release, please, please keep these absolute classics coming!!!

No, you misunderstood me. I currently do not use Championship anymore, I'm just using QuickDrive Race Week-end, instead. That mean one preset file per round.

Go to Quick-Drive and select "Race Week-end":
- Select the track and the car you wish to drive, with the right skins
- Define the time/date/weather conditions, etc.
- Create the grid with the right skins, AI levels, etc.
- Save this as a preset like "DTM2020 - RD01 Spa"
- You're done with the first round.

Now, you don't have a complete Championship anymore but you have "rounds" which can be loaded individually ; and you will have, I guess, everything needed.

Cons: If you make many "Championships" this ways, you end up with a large number of preset files...

ok I understand better now, too bad this option in the mod to create the championships

New update for the McLaren F1: https://sharemods.com/xgcuurz1fi53/jf_mclaren_f1_1994.rar.html

(*Link is also changed in original post)

These are the improvements:

- Antiroll bars. Some sources talk about "antiroll bars" (in plural), but this night I found a source that talk about the McLaren F1 not having rear antiroll bar. This is a "obsession" that McLaren has even on his modern cars. So I remove the rear antiroll bar and soften the front one. The car behaviour doesn´t change dramatically, but ey!, let´s do things the best we can ;)

- Tweaked the diff preload. With no rear antiroll bar, I have to correct the more understeery behavior.

- Wind sound. It has been raised vía entension.ini file, because it was too low and you have to feel the wind fighting with the car.

- Brake power: increased a little bit.

Have fun :cheers:

Last edited:
I ended up on this as a tweak. still not great but a lot better, also tweaked Peter's rainfx a little.

Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION= terrain
MATERIALS=terrain?
SHADER = ksMultilayer_fresnel_nm
PROP_... = ksAmbient, 0.6
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.6
PROP_... = ksSpecular, 0
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION= fix trees.
MATERIALS=bo?
SHADER = ksTree
PROP_... = ksAmbient, 0.001
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.3
PROP_... = ksSpecular, 0
[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = tarmac?, border?
SOAKING_MATERIALS = bo_boulder

and you add this if you love rocks n ****,i felt like it neeed to be a bit more "scrubby".. you will also need to copy the attached DDS into the same folder as the ext_config.ini file. Not for everyone of course, but, if it blows your hair back, enjoy.
Code:
[GRASS_FX]
GRASS_MATERIALS = terrain?
TEXTURE = rocksandgrass.dds
TEXTURE_SLOTS = 8, 3
[GRASS_FX_TEXTURE_GROUP_0]
PIECE_0 = 7,1  ; the grass
PIECE_0_CHANCE = 0.5 ;
PIECE_0_SIZE_MULT = 0.3
[GRASS_FX_TEXTURE_GROUP_1]
PIECE_0 = 8,2 ; the big rock
PIECE_0_CHANCE = 0.3 ;
PIECE_0_SIZE_MULT = 0.4
PIECE_1 = 7,2 ; the small rocks
PIECE_1_CHANCE = 0.25 ;
PIECE_1_SIZE_MULT = 2
[GRASS_FX_CONFIGURATION_A]
MASK_MAIN_THRESHOLD=-0.8
MASK_RED_THRESHOLD=0.001
MASK_MIN_LUMINANCE=-1.5
MASK_MAX_LUMINANCE=1.5
MASK_BLUR=1
SHAPE_SIZE=0.3
SHAPE_WIDTH=1
SHAPE_TIDY=0.7
TEXTURE_BASE_CHANCE = 0;
TEXTURE_GROUP_0_CHANCE = 1;
TEXTURE_GROUP_1_CHANCE = 0.5;
[GRASS_FX_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MATERIALS = terrain?
MAP=A,0.16

View attachment 984209
View attachment 984210

Just want to confirm, these are for LA Canyons, right? You replied to a message about Topanga Canyon so there's a bit of ambiguity there.
(I know the video you posted shows LA Canyons, so assume it's for LAC, but just wanted to be sure)

Last edited:
Don´t remember. I don´t look at those things. Just take a car with good 3D model and do all physics with my data cheking or modifying point by point that everything is correct or to my taste ;)

* I remember that there were two 3D models of the McLaren F1, and the first I tried was too big scaled. This one is the correct one ;)

Someone in the past had already brought to my attention that you use our cars and spread as your own.
Actually, it's not a big deal to me, it surprises me that you find it grateful for yourself.
Anyway, when you use somebody else's work, it would be just nice if you credit them.

Last edited:
Anyway, when you use somebody else's work, it would be just nice if you credit them.

I do. If you look into the car description in game, it says: "(*)El modelo 3D no me pertenece. Se agradece a su autor/es el trabajo y esfuerzo realizado.!

Translated to english (I´m spanish) this means: "3D model doesn´t belong to me. I´m grateful to the author/s for his work and efforts!"

Take it easy. This is just a game and many people (like me, or you, or someone else) spend hours and hours of work FOR FREE. Just sharing for car passion ;)

Cheers ;)

Last edited:
I do. If you look into the car description in game, it says: "(*)El modelo 3D no me pertenece. Se agradece a su autor/es el trabajo y esfuerzo realizado.!

Translated to english (I´m spanish) this means: "3D model doesn´t belong to me. I´m grateful to the author/s for his work and efforts!"

Take it easy. This is just a game and many people (like me, or you, or someone else) spend hours and hours of work FOR FREE. Just sharing for car passion ;)

Cheers ;)
I noticed that, but you could put their names in stead of 'the authors'. Would be easier to keep track of the mods also.

I noticed that, but you could put their names in stead of 'the authors'. Would be easier to keep track of the mods also.

I could do MANY things and however, someone would be annoyed.

I remember I do this for FREE. Don´t earn anything loosing my time sharing mods, doing videos, putting links...

If sharing with the comunnity is going to be a battle of egos, I´m leaving. Can´t waste time arguing with sensitive people ;)

Last edited:

I remember I do this for FREE. Don´t earn anything loosing my time sharing mods, doing videos, putting links...

If this is going to start to be a battle of egos, I´m leaving. Can´t waste time arguing with sensitive people ;)

Don't leave, your physics are good. Just dont forget put the names of the authors and that is it. Don't be over sensitive yourself.

I have this configuration
i9, 16GB Ram, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti AORUS Xtreme, Windows 10, Version 20H2, 64bit
HP Reverb G1 + G2
Windows with High Performance
CSP lights-patch-v0.1.72-preview1-full
Sol 1.51
when driving alone most 90 FPS
I don't use rain at the moment, I'm waiting for an upcoming 3080Ti

If sharing with the comunnity is going to be a battle of egos, I´m leaving. Can´t waste time arguing with sensitive people ;)

I do this for free too. But I always mention the previous authors.

I'm not asking you to don't use our cars, instead I'm happy if somebody makes a better version of one of my release. The point is just to credit the original authors.

Last edited:

Please don't go- Assetto Cars Reworked is being fair for sure. Please, please stay.

Hi guys! First of all I want to thank you all for your contributions, I've been following this thread for a while now and discovered plenty of great mods through here.

Since some months I've been working on some mods here and there, and currently working on skinning pretty much an entire Dutch racing series. I however have come across a problem whilst doing so, and was hoping someone here could point me to what I can do to fix this issue.

As you can see in the picture below the number on the far end of the car somehow gets in front of the number on the near side of the car when looking at it from the side. Could this be down to the way I'm skinning, or has it something to do with the actual 3d model, or shaders? Thanks a lot in advance!

custom_showroom_1610394602.jpg

The effect is achieved when you have vinyl applied to a window which is set as transparent. You need to export the car to .FBX format and then load in the KS Editor, right click the window vinyl and set transparency to 'false', then make sure the shader is set to 'Alpha Test'. It's generally good practice to have glass as the only transparent objects on a car, everything on glass or stuff like grilles for example should just be alpha tested but not transparent.

Why would you leave ? Don't...
Just add the names of the original authors.
I'm making the origin icons (also for free) :) and if the original author isn't mentioned, the origin icon will obviously not show either.

I do this for free too. But I always mention the previous authors.

I'm not asking you to don't use our cars, instead I'm happy if somebody makes a better version of one of my release. The point is just to credit the original authors.

The topic about "authors" is a very delicated one.

Assetto 3D modellers should mention the designer of the car, then the car brand, then the original game an author of the car 3D model, then the authors of the program they used to port the car to Assetto...and the story would never end.

Physics moders should mention the bibliography of all the data they have used, all the drawings and technical data...an we can go on forever.

So, it´s my thought, but why don´t people take these things easier?

I appreciate your thoughts and amability, but I hate if this becomes a war instead a enjoyment and don´t want to spend time justifying myself for something I do just for share ;)

For me it´s easier to have the cars on my hard drive, play with them and don´t argue with anyone :)

Last edited:

It seems you are the one who's being sensitive :P AC Modder was fair and polite. I hope this is just a case of "lost in translation"
Offering an update to the "original" author for their team to release also a good way to go, especially if the author is in GTP. Just my two cents :cheers:

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back