Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,761 comments
A Little Discussion here:
Have you guys heard about the game "XENON RACER" ? Its a ridge racer style arcade indie game that surfaced not a while ago. Have you seen their cars?? Just throwin out there in case Y'all wanna push the bounderies of AC modding. Im not a modder myself, so I have no idea about thee kinds of stuff. Just wanna throw a topic in the air

They someone look like a concept car version of those Tamiya mini 4x4 cars

Last edited:
Wanted to ask something today i switched from 720p to 1080p yup just now lol.
Anyways it looks like the FPS dropped a bit i'm fine at running the game somewhere around 30-60 FPS like i did with 720P
are there any settings that i can turn off while keeping the game to look as good?
I'm running this on a RX560 4gb and a Ryzen 3 2200G 3.40 GHz not sure what settings to use.
View attachment 984232

Is there any reason why you running a Oculus Rift picture profile on a flat display? I'd suggest you lower your MSAA to 2x, World Details to High, Smoke to Medium, turn the High Quality option on your Mirror settings off, and lower all of your Post-Processing effects to high. The increase in resolution will make up for the lower settings, and realistically the difference between high and maximum is tiny. If that doesn't help, you can mess with the CSP configs.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I recently reopened a game called SCAR (Squadra Corse Alfa Romeo), and I've seen some very interesting cars that aren't on AC.
After hours of research I managed to find it one of these cars, under the name of S1600 Alfa Romeo 147 (in reality it is a 147 Gta Cup) but it was not done well, skins were yellowish, 3d model is low poly, wrong data and completely absent animations, in short, they could do better.
It didn't look good, I tried to fix and improve some little things like skins, updated shadows, fixed data and added RainFX compatible wiper animation(for the latter I was helped).

I'm here to ask you if anyone wants to help me to improve this car, unfortunately I'm not able and I don't have much time available. (obviously if I can I will try to help as I can)
Below are some screenshots to get an idea about the car.

custom_showroom_1610506405.jpg
custom_showroom_1610506634.jpg
custom_showroom_1610506750.jpg
custom_showroom_1610506784.jpg

if anyone is interested in improving the car please contact me privately.
(I am not publishing the link for the simple reason that minor improvements have been made and would rather be able to share this car when it is complete with animations and a decent 3d model)
Thanks for the attention

Could you lead me to a download link good sir? Or is it a private mod? Ive been searching for it for days not continuously, and have no luck. The pack it's supposed to be in is a dead link

upload_2021-1-13_5-25-12.png

upload_2021-1-13_5-25-53.png

I don't remember where, when, why and how I got them. As usual. If someone guarantee if they are not paid, I will post here.

A Little Discussion here:
Have you guys heard about the game "XENON RACER" ? Its a ridge racer style arcade indie game that surfaced not a while ago. Have you seen their cars?? Just throwin out there in case Y'all wanna push the bounderies of AC modding. Im not a modder myself, so I have no idea about thee kinds of stuff. Just wanna throw a topic in the air

They someone look like a concept car version of those Tamiya mini 4x4 cars

:indiff:

Hi friends,
I am working on a CM FIA WTCR Oscaro 2018 championship with WTCR 2018 v3.0 mod and all tracks but there is a problem with Marrakech (TheRollovers).
I am using the @KevinK2 update (sideline pit vao).
Is there an update for the AI line because the AIs cut the turns and therefore many accidents, yellow flags, .. it's a disaster ....
Can an experienced person perform this update as the track is really clean in WTCR race
Thanks for your help

- The track Marrakech with KevinK2 updates here : https://mega.nz/file/pEYx1S4L#QmFgE9leKmhrgjqVoyjreSeez49IBhKeYwWJPSKd7qY
- The FIA WTCR OSCARO 2018 BETA 0.9 here : https://claudiowrc74.wixsite.com/simracing/championship-mods-assetto-corsa

View attachment 984309

I will re-examine the ai for you Claudio, give me a day or two...I'm not sure if i have the Rollover's mod though. The cars always play a major part in track behavior. Where is your aggression set?

Last edited:
Hi xezez,
this is gotta be the most mature post i've read on the internet in years. Thanks! It sums up pretty well what i think. Have a nice day, sir!
The irony of all this is that, after about 10 seconds, NOBODY EVEN REMEMBERS WHO MADE WHAT MOD. They just drive it if it's good and trash it if it's bad... then we move on to the next car or track. And: *NEWSLASH*: Nobody is memorialised forever in the 'sim racing hall of fame'. Nor do they suddenly become more popular and rich and famous and praised by angels. Life just goes on the same as it ever did.

I've spent my whole working life directly involved with 'content creation', both in music and television. As the years rolled past, I came to realise that every project I thought was the 'most important thing ever', wasn't. It was just another thing in a list of things. Like a wave, it would appear for a moment and then disappear again. Nobody ever read the credits and in the end, nobody gave a toss who made it, or wrote it, or researched it. And it never changed the world either.

And that's OK.

With over 7 bilion people on the planet, I reckon one of my own life's major 'lessons learned' is that we ALL need to get used to the idea of not being any more 'special' than anyone else. And also that, if you do/make something good, just let it go out and 'be good' at whatever it does.

With the stuff I 'made', I got to the point where I was satisfied if it gave somebody some pleasure, or knowledge, or a warm fuzzy feeling, or woke them up to something new.

That's where the most honest, simplest and greatest reward is anyway, because experience has taught me first-hand that even if someone reads your name on a 'credit' today, they won't remember it or care about it for long anyway! :P

The irony of all this is that, after about 10 seconds, NOBODY EVEN REMEMBERS WHO MADE WHAT MOD. They just drive it if it's good and trash it if it's bad... then we move on to the next car or track. And: *NEWSLASH*: Nobody is memorialised forever in the 'sim racing hall of fame'. Nor do they suddenly become more popular and rich and famous and praised by angels. Life just goes on the same as it ever did.

I've spent my whole working life directly involved with 'content creation', both in music and television. As the years rolled past, I came to realise that every project I thought was the 'most important thing ever', wasn't. It was just another thing in a list of things. Like a wave, it would appear for a moment and then disappear again. Nobody ever read the credits and in the end, nobody gave a toss who made it, or wrote it, or researched it. And it never changed the world either.

And that's OK.

With over 7 bilion people on the planet, I reckon one of my own life's major 'lessons learned' is that we ALL need to get used to the idea of not being any more 'special' than anyone else. And also that, if you do/make something good, just let it go out and 'be good' at whatever it does.

With the stuff I 'made', I got to the point where I was satisfied if it gave somebody some pleasure, or knowledge, or a warm fuzzy feeling, or woke them up to something new.

That's where the most honest, simplest and greatest reward is anyway, because experience has taught me first-hand that even if someone reads your name on a 'credit' today, they won't remember it or care about it for long anyway! :P

Getting memorialised in the "sim racing hall of fame" wasn't the point at all.
The point was not getting kudos for something that you didn't do. This should be common sense. I always find it hard to understand how somebody can even get gratified by doing this.

And by the way, I do remember when somebody releases something well made. I do remember LilSky's great tracks. I do remember delpinsky and GTPlanet Modding Team with their ACC GT3 porting. I remember the passion and attention to details that Arch put in his own physics reworking. I remember A3DR awesome 3D models. Just not to mention the greatests of all x4fab, JPG, Peter Boese.. And I could go on, the list is long...

So no, I don't agree with you. I instead think that everyone of us has their own "Sim racing hall of fame", it's just that those direcly involved probably will never know. ;)

Last edited:
As true as this usually is, it's not always true - I will buy anything RSS makes, none of their cars even really interest me (make some good jdm cars or Aus Supercars and I'll be really keen), and I'll prioritise a Lilski track over a Kunos one any day of the week (and I would definitely pay for them if he was to make a RSS style storefront). Tbh, I often sort my cars by creator rather than manufacturer. And let's be real, we've all seen how many patrons Ilja has, you really can make a living from being a well known modder - you just have to be incredibly good at it.

Hello,

Tried to have a race with Porsche GT3 Cup at vhe Goiania v2.0.

Is it my wheel settings or the track has a very bumpy mesh to a point that it is undrivable?

Wheel almost ripped of the rig. Tried also the ERL version which is pretty much the same mess.

Is there any better version available or do I have to trash the track?

P.S. vhe Velopark v2.0 has also the same over-bumpy road mesh

Last edited:
The point was not getting kudos for something that you didn't do. This should be common sense. I always find it hard to understand how somebody can even get gratified by doing this.

And by the way, I do remember when somebody releases something well made. I do remember LilSky's great tracks. I do remember delpinsky and GTPlanet Modding Team with their ACC GT3 porting. I remember the passion and attention to details that Arch put in his own physics reworking. I remember A3DR awesome 3D models. Just not to mention the greatests of all x4fab, JPG, Peter Boese.. And I could go on, the list is long...

So no, I don't agree with you. I instead think that everyone of us has their own "Sim racing hall of fame", it's just that those direcly involved probably will never know. ;)

Hey @AC Modder... I wasn't writing specifically about you or what you said earlier. It was very much a 'general statement of principle' about how tangled up people seem to get when they feel they've been underappreciated, that's all. And as I said, I know that feeling from first hand experience myself.

Then, after many years of wrestling with the feeling, I finally decided the work itself is what matters. Not whether people think I'm fabulous.

Also I remember the names of many many good modders too – and I very much appreciate anyone who does good work and shares it freely to give others pleasure. But I no longer believe it's feasible for people to demand or expect 'recognition' as a reward.

Do you know who wrote every song that you like singing along to, or who wrote the script for every film you enjoyed watching? I'll bet you don't.

So many things people seem to get seriously uptight about here don't really matter very much at all in the grand scheme of life. If you come up with a cure for cancer, or work out how to end world poverty (or stupidity), then you can demand it. But seriously... nobody here is doing anything that important, are they?

And is it worth turning away other people who bring good things to our little simracing world just to give your brain a little tickle of seratonin that lasts little more than a few seconds? I think not... especially when so much of what's shared here is ripped or 'borrowed' from a string of people who's names never make it onto any list of credits.

(P.S. I like your mods and I remember you made them too. :)) (Newsflash 2: Ah. Sorry. Just realised that you 'tweaked them'. I don't actually know who made them. :rolleyes:)

Last edited:
As true as this usually is, it's not always true - I will buy anything RSS makes, none of their cars even really interest me (make some good jdm cars or Aus Supercars and I'll be really keen), and I'll prioritise a Lilski track over a Kunos one any day of the week (and I would definitely pay for them if he was to make a RSS style storefront). Tbh, I often sort my cars by creator rather than manufacturer. And let's be real, we've all seen how many patrons Ilja has, you really can make a living from being a well known modder - you just have to be incredibly good at it.

Funnily enough, I alerted Ilja a while ago to let him know his Patreon builds were being distributed for free outside Patreon. You know what his reaction was? Nothing. He didn't care. He didn't freak out. He didn't stamp his feet. He just kept doing what he does anyway.

And the reason everyone who uses AC now knows who Ilja is – and that he makes money off CM/CSP – is that he's done something properly special, not just made a single good mod, or even a handful of really great mods.

Last edited:

With age comes maturity and thankfully an understanding of what really matters in life, people arguing about the name on a mod or some of the other trivial matters being blown out of proportion in here lately are not there yet I would say and arguing/debating the matter with them is pointless for the above reason. It's easy to be nice, you have to go out of your way to be nasty.
This is not aimed at you AC modder, your response was well worded but there seems to be a pack mentality here at times and it's sad to read as this is a fantastic thread with fantastic mods shared for free by fantastic people that I have been following everyday without fail for near 2 years, long may it continue.
If someones response is to tell me how old they are to prove you can be x age and behave like this then I'm sure there will be a mirror somewhere you can have a look in, please do so and ask the person in the reflection "seriously?"
Someone somewhere will lose someone they love today and then all this nonsense means nothing.

Funnily enough, I alerted Ilja a while ago to let him know his Patreon builds were being distributed for free outside Patreon. You know what his reaction was? Nothing. He didn't care. He didn't freak out. He didn't stamp his feet. He just kept doing what he does anyway.

And the reason everyone who uses AC now knows who Ilja is – and that he makes money off CM/CSP – is that he's done something properly special, not just made a single good mod, or even a handful of really great mods.
But imagine if someone reskinned and re-released content manager, perhaps edited one feature to improve it, all while removing the little x4fab credit and putting their own name there. Now I'm sure that would make him livid.

"Content Manager and Custom Shaders Patch by sadhaskjdh - Credits to the previous modders"

Yeah, no - no one would expect him to just accept that lol.

Last edited:

And that's OK.

That's where the most honest, simplest and greatest reward is anyway because experience has taught me first-hand that even if someone reads your name on a 'credit' today, they won't remember it or care about it for long anyway! :P
While for 95% of people involved in content creation (across everything) that may be true, for the remaining 5% it's not.

Some projects are remembered, some creators, writers, directions, producers are remembered.

As a blanket statement, claiming that no-one and no project is, simply isn't true.

While for 95% of people involved in content creation (across everything) that may be true, for the remaining 5% it's not.

Some projects are remembered, some creators, writers, directions, producers are remembered.

As a blanket statement, claiming that no-one and no project is, simply isn't true.

That's not what I said, or intended to say, but I'm not going to go over it all again. Thanks.

But imagine if someone reskinned and re-released content manager, perhaps edited one feature to improve it, all while removing the little x4fab credit and putting their own name there. Now I'm sure that would make him livid.

"Content Manager and Custom Shaders Patch by sadhaskjdh - Credits to the previous modders"

Yeah, no - no one would expect him to just accept that lol.

Please. What a silly comparison.

EDIT: Do you use mods ripped from anywhere? If so... please don't be a hypocrite.

Last edited:
Does TrackIR 5 work with AC? Does it need a plugin?

I bought a G2 headset as its a big jump forward in resolution from the Vive, but, didnt like it, can still see pixels and still have to sacrifice graphics quality, so VR is on hold for me again until the 3090ti cards come out i guess.

Interim im thinking the trackir on my triples should give me what I need?

EDIT: nm. Bought one anyway, Ill see how i go I guess.

the trackir works great, wish I had known it was available sooner. took about 30 minutes for my brain to get used to it then it was super natural.. gave the G2 to the oldest son, Vive to the youngest son, the trackir give me more than ample ability to look around a corner and more, especially good on triples, and non of the downsides of VR.

I get to see my Simhub Dash, button boxes, wheel and gear stick as well as all the full power beauty of the graphics on the triples. such a win.

Last edited:
ehhhh. ya. my bad, i got TOO wildcard.

change to

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION= terrain
MATERIALS=terrain_01
SHADER = ksMultilayer_fresnel_nm
PROP_... = ksAlphaRef,0.8
PROP_... = ksAmbient, 0.6
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.6
PROP_... = ksSpecular, 0
PROP_... = ksSpecularEXP, 0
PROP_... = ksEmissive, 0,0,0
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION= fix trees.
MATERIALS=bo_pines,bo_leafy, bo_bush?, bo_tree?
SHADER = ksTree
PROP_... = ksAlphaRef,0.8
PROP_... = ksAmbient, 0.001
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.3
PROP_... = ksSpecular, 0
PROP_... = ksSpecularEXP, 0
PROP_... = ksEmissive, 0,0,0

Thank you for correctin the tree fix, the trees look good now :). So if i put only the trees fix code in the trees are ok but the grass disappears. If i add the rocky grass code too the grass loooks weird with a dark outline on every grass blade, ingame it looks even worse a little especially at distance. First pic original, 2 with tree fix and rocky grass code.
Screenshot_ks_alfa_romeo_155_v6_la_canyons_13-0-121-10-44-4.jpg
Screenshot_ks_alfa_romeo_155_v6_la_canyons_13-0-121-10-46-39.jpg

Thank you for correctin the tree fix, the trees look good now :). So if i put only the trees fix code in the trees are ok but the grass disappears. If i add the rocky grass code too the grass loooks weird with a dark outline on every grass blade, ingame it looks even worse a little especially at distance. First pic original, 2 with tree fix and rocky grass code.
View attachment 984465 View attachment 984466

there are two configs in my track, one in game/extension/tracks/loaded and the one in the actual track, may be something else is diffrent from my version and yours, i think i poked a stick at this a few months ago as well to tone the rocks and stuff.

there are two configs in my track, one in game/extension/tracks/loaded and the one in the actual track, may be something else is diffrent from my version and yours, i think i poked a stick at this a few months ago as well to tone the rocks and stuff.

oh i addded both in the "loaded" folders config.. What should I try ? Maybe I just leave the rocky grass idea. Even the tree fix is plenty enough for me so thanks!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back