Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,779 comments
Since I am at the down under side of things I have one more question.

All other tracks that I have use the correct time that I set on CM for the race i.e. 10am (also Australian tracks like Melbourne etc). Rainmaker & Joshuax's Hidden Valley Raceway v2.15 doesn't seen to like this and the time is wrong so 10am is night for the track. Geo-tags have been set correctly from CM content and checked also ui.json and has also the correct geo-tags, but it makes no difference with or without geo-tags it is still night at 10am.

What should I change in order for the track to have the correct time of day?

time is wrong so 10am is night for the track. Geo-tags have been set correctly from CM content and checked also ui.json and has also the correct geo-tags, but it makes no difference with or without geo-tags it is still night at 10am.
What should I change in order for the track to have the correct time of day?
rename-remove lighting.ini if it exists

Last edited:
I actually found a way around this when I was building Carolina Motorsports Park and I have a theory as to why it happens. The start/finish line is at the end of a long straight, kind of close to the first corner on that track so when I was recording my AI, I would be starting from a dead stop and pushing hard to get up to speed, like a normal start but this corner would be treated differently on any lap but the first lap, right? Because the start/finish line is in the braking zone. When the AI should be braking, they're pushing hard and going way wide because when I recorded the AI lap I had to push hard in that particular spot.

Here's what I did to fix it. I moved the start/finish to a point on the track right in the middle of the longest straight. I recorded my AI lap. I then moved the start/finish line back to where it belongs. This fixed the AI for me. On lap 1 they push like normal, but on lap 2 they treated it properly. It didn't seem to mess anything else up either. Might be worth a try.

Interesting that moving the line, recording the AI line and then moving it back fixed the issue, until now I had the impression as @GzeroD suggested, you either need to permanently move the start/finish or use hints to slow the cars before (which I don't like as a solution).

On your bolded part, I would confidently say that this isn't the case, to my knowledge the AI pay zero attention to your acceleration/braking inputs during AI line recording, they simply use the line as their routing and then the vehicle data ai.ini determines for each particular car how and when they accelerate and brake. I also record AI as a flying lap and still have the issue where the finish is in a braking zone for turn 1.

Calling out for some experts:

Recently discovered the RS7 Sportback available on assettoland (https://mega.nz/file/UUMFSITB#niGJuPYAnqpSlVqXKuy5aDakLPVa7kDmDToOYoEPaqk).

Please have a look onto the 3rd brake light:
upload_2021-1-25_12-23-16.png

Is this fixable by editing the ext_config.ini? Please, would someone move the brake light bar to its corresponding place?

Thank you! :)

From Fecebook. It has some minor flaws--the shifting animation is a little off, and there seems to be some slight "shadow" issues. Otherwise, it's a pretty good mod, and the animated hood intake provides a unique experience, especially in VR. Good for a few laps at Bridgehampton.

Erik Wispelwey
Assetto Corsa Tuned Mods & 4k Photos

JtaSmngudpacrhcoioamylni 2m2 sieate so10rce:hdn3n5oS AMe ·

1971 Plymouth GTX 426Hemi (non-stock)
It's a bit more old school than I normally do, no electronic aids whatsoever so go easy on the throttle and in terms of braking, think ahead.
Original by DV Gamemods (possibly and even likely by SBH but I can't proof that).
https://www.mediafire.com/.../71_plymouth_gtx.../file

141567773_1961236364018132_204703599051496743_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to use the ksPerPixelAlpha shader because I need this alpha variable but with eAlphaTest BlendMode.

It seems that ksEditor can save this combination in the persistance file but can't recreate it proper. The next time you load the fbx BlendMode is set to eOpaque and you have to change it manually back again.
It's a known problem with ksEditor. But do anyone knows a way around it?
Maybe a modded ksEditor? I know the one from x4fab but I cannot get it to work.

btw: I know that I should use ksPerPixelAT for eAlphaTest BlendMode but that's not what I want.

Thanks for that update Fana... Didn't even look at it to be honest, hardly use sections-app when driving... 👍
No prob. Some people do, others don't. I'm always interested in learning (and remembering) RL track sections, so that's always on (practice as well as race)... :D

Thank you for your work, but the AI cars are still crashing in the pitlane. I think, that the definition of the pitlane is not correct. Can you fix this?

Wish I could help but sadly not (requires 3D modelling-update), as there are other minor but crucial areas that could also do with some attention, like T3 and the downhill-esses, seems the meshes do not align favourably, and could end up bouncing off track...

Anyone with some time to review and update, please go ahead, that would be awesome... TIA

When you are using F5 cam you need to roll using F and G keys (keep shift pressed to minor adjustments with those)

If you use the slider it switches to F7 cam
I no longer have the "scene" tab in the photo mod app ! and in the options I don't have "follow nearest car" !

mod photo ac.JPG

Last edited:
Please make skins for the Dpi cars by GTPlanet Modding Team, every skin in RD is for the low quality rollovers car.

I agree, Rollovers just copy the data from several kunos cars, the suspension is from LMP1 and the engine is from GT3,.

Like I said. Use the rollovers mod then download the physics swap that is posted on here. Few people actually physic swapped the rollovers DPi with the GTP physics

I looked at the dtm 91 pack by tommy78 mainly because i'm attracted by the foxbody mustang and the omega evo 500.

is it any good? does it make a good early 90s grid filler?
They're pretty good - they might be on Rusty's bad mod list - they are better than a lot of mods on there but what do I know ;)
I'll be releasing a few skins for the Mustang and just finished this one which should be up on RD later

Screenshot_t78_mustang_gt_dtm_ks_nurburgring_22-0-121-17-29-58.png
Screenshot_t78_mustang_gt_dtm_ks_brands_hatch_22-0-121-18-20-31.png

Hi guys, unfortunately I had a problem with my PC and I lost the track folder, if someone could kindly provide me with the link to the Paris and Barcelona street circuit, it would be a great gift, thank you for your cooperation.

I want to use the ksPerPixelAlpha shader because I need this alpha variable but with eAlphaTest BlendMode.

It seems that ksEditor can save this combination in the persistance file but can't recreate it proper. The next time you load the fbx BlendMode is set to eOpaque and you have to change it manually back again.
It's a known problem with ksEditor. But do anyone knows a way around it?
Maybe a modded ksEditor? I know the one from x4fab but I cannot get it to work.

btw: I know that I should use ksPerPixelAT for eAlphaTest BlendMode but that's not what I want.
The modded editor seems to suffer the same problem. Well it does for me anyway so I mainly use ksPerPixelAT but you’ve already said you don’t want that. I’m not aware of any other way around it but would be interested if there was too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the track. I seem to have acquired two versions of this track from GTP recently, both almost identical, obviously from the same base. Does this one replace the previous one, or do they differ sufficiently?
Also, just curious why there are Le Mans 24hr signs on the track?

Howdy, here's some additional info on this release...

The original track-folder name was <motul_kazan>, introduced by 'damone13x' on Jan 5th... There's also an update-release by 'CrisT86' on Jan 11th <kazanring>. Couldn't find any current association with Motul, hence the name change to <kazan_ring>.

Further search lead me to SMP Racing's website, the country's current racing body... yada yada... Their racing programs, driver-race series representations and so forth...

The track skin made was really fictitious, but rather thought to do a promotional skin of SMP Racing as a whole... Adding GTP just adds to the fun of seeing the thread's logo on track.

For now, will add to the 2do-list a track-skin related to current series etc...

@Paulo Ribeiro - You'll like this!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back