Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,796 comments
GT has so many great tracks (Sierra, Eiger Nordwand, Rome etc...etc..., I really miss them (despite having installed over 400 more than decent tracks in AC)

Yes, it is not that we are short on tracks in AC, :D, maybe even too many already, :nervous:, but, as many here, GT is what engaged me in this hobby which is now part of my daily routine.
GT had many utterly maddening issues that I am glad I do not have to endure anymore, but the artistic quality of GT originals graphics, that I did not fully appreciated back then, looks very obvious to me now, I am missing GT virtual world.
Hopefully, some talented modder with an artistic flair, will one day, be able to transpose GT mastery for us all to enjoy in AC on our PC rig, in glorious stretched one screen, triples or VR.:gtpflag:

Yes, it is not that we are short on tracks in AC, :D, maybe even too many already, :nervous:, but, as many here, GT is what engaged me in this hobby which is now part of my daily routine.
GT had many utterly maddening issues that I am glad I do not have to endure anymore, but the artistic quality of GT originals graphics, that I did not fully appreciated back then, looks very obvious to me now, I am missing GT virtual world.
Hopefully, some talented modder with an artistic flair, will one day, be able to transpose GT mastery for us all to enjoy in AC on our PC rig, in glorious stretched one screen, triples or VR.:gtpflag:

Autodrome Lago Maggiore and Tsukuba are excellent examples of what can be "converted" for AC. However, I do understand the challenge of the conversion as I looked at the ripped Lago Maggiore 3D model. The only way I could get it to import into 3DSMax on my workstation PC with 32GB of RAM was to do it piecemeal, just a few elements at a time. Then when I looked at the model names and materials, it was a nightmare. They must use some kind of "decipher" routine to manage everything as they create or compile their tracks. Thank goodness modder Nobody took on the task and produced an excellent version for us. After looking at the 3D model, I have great respect for the work he had to do to convert and optimize it into the incredible AC track mod we have now.

The conversions are definitely a lot of work, but I think many of them would be worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just have to say that whomever put together the GTPlanet physics upgrade for the Rollovers DPI vehicles did a phenomenal job. That combined with the amazing 4k 2021 skins on RaceDepartment takes the immersion level to the max. Thank you!

Here are the skinpacks that I found from Racedepartment for the Rollover DPI vehicles:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/mazda-rt-24p-imsa-wtscc-livery-pack-4k-2k.36604/
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/cadillac-dpi-v-r-imsa-wtscc-livery-pack-4k-2k.36602/
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acura-arx-05-imsa-wtscc-livery-pack-4k-2k.36605/

I just have to reply on this. Looking at this thread it seems for DPI that best choice is Rollovers models and GTP physics. With amazing Daytona we have (kudos to reboot team) I went that road and oh boy I was massively dissapointed. Whatched several onboard videos from Cadi. Looking at shifting and sound it`s a big downgrade comparing to vanilla Rollovers. I play automatic so maybe this is the reason but shifting is way to fast. On top of that however the sound is completely unbereable for me. Tried to change that messing with files but to no avail. Ok I thought that this is maybe Cadi so I tried Acura. First lap with 37 liters and 1:32 on Road course. I had a feeling I was flying with brakes being flawless. Looking at official results this is completely unrealistic. Also makes the whole package greatly unbalanced. Tried some tweaking with ini files but couldn`t make it work better. Then I reinstalled to pure Rollovers and that was it for me. Much better sound, balance between the cars and even better road feel. Realistic times on Daytona Road Course, great offline races. Summing up I think that everyone shoud try what is best for him.

Thanks for sharing! For this track is there a more popular layout? Or the two main ones? I think I'll make some camtools for it :)

HI ! Circuit number 12 is the one used by road tourism, the most popular category in Argentina and the oldest in the world. you can search on youtube the tc races and you will see the format of cameras they use. ah! and your work is excellent, greetings from Argentina

Sadly, this and most other attempt, even tough I appreciate the efforts and some of them are not bad, none are capturing the "atmosphere" that make GT such a great title.

Thank you for sharing this amazing video.

Looking at all those GT original tracks, reminded me how great GT is/was, and how much I am missing some aspect of it. What a shame that GT5/6 is not available for PC and/or that those gems of track are converted in a way that does not make them justice like some of the Forza tracks are.

At least now Forza 7 runs on PC, maybe one day even with VR for the next Forza Motorsport iteration, but the marvels of GT seem to be forever locked on console.:ill:
this and the special stage route 5 thats also on RD are.....dissapointing

I just have to reply on this. Looking at this thread it seems for DPI that best choice is Rollovers models and GTP physics. With amazing Daytona we have (kudos to reboot team) I went that road and oh boy I was massively dissapointed. Whatched several onboard videos from Cadi. Looking at shifting and sound it`s a big downgrade comparing to vanilla Rollovers. I play automatic so maybe this is the reason but shifting is way to fast. On top of that however the sound is completely unbereable for me. Tried to change that messing with files but to no avail. Ok I thought that this is maybe Cadi so I tried Acura. First lap with 37 liters and 1:32 on Road course. I had a feeling I was flying with brakes being flawless. Looking at official results this is completely unrealistic. Also makes the whole package greatly unbalanced. Tried some tweaking with ini files but couldn`t make it work better. Then I reinstalled to pure Rollovers and that was it for me. Much better sound, balance between the cars and even better road feel. Realistic times on Daytona Road Course, great offline races. Summing up I think that everyone shoud try what is best for him.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I have to say i love the realism the GTPlanet mods add to the rollovers pack.
To get better sounds, I used the IER Corvette Daytona Prototype sound as recommended in this thread and it sounds great!

Big update of Le Mans´85
https://perendinator.blogspot.com/search/label/Other Tracks
  • removed shadows from invisible walls
  • removed some more unneeded shadows too (minimal FPS Gain)
  • adjusted grass brightness for better matching different parts
  • reworked trees completely
  • fixed some false tree textures
  • optimized them performance wise too, while reworking them (gained ~30-40fps more)
  • added working hotlapstart
  • added basic Rain FX config
  • joined old configs and changed them for working lights, Grass FX ...
  • crowd are configurable by CSP Track adjustments
  • fixed some alpha shader for different objects
  • added some more difference LOD settings for gaining a bit more FPS
  • removed visible wall in the Virage de Mulsanne (right side in front of the garages)
  • added @DaBaeda ´s cams (thx for them, as for all the other ones)
Making a new AI line will take still a while. LSM is to busy for now.
Sorry, no new screenshots to show. Could only post some very old ones, so better none. :)
Hardest part for good fps is still (as in so many other Le Mans tracks) the S/F part with all the ads, buildings etc.
Maybe later on even more optimization could improve even more performance, but this was the first time working with optimization, so mainly worked on the trees. :)

Great job! looks amazing!

Does the track support driver swaps?

Thanks

Last edited:
Autodrome Lago Maggiore and Tsukuba are excellent examples of what can be "converted" for AC

I had to google to see what Lago Maggiore was about, my last GT was GT6,
My main interest in Original GT tracks is nostalgic, many hours spent having fun in a virtual world that would be nice to re-experience with all the added value from AC, VR and my present rig.

I just have to say that whomever put together the GTPlanet physics upgrade for the Rollovers DPI vehicles did a phenomenal job. That combined with the amazing 4k 2021 skins on RaceDepartment takes the immersion level to the max. Thank you!

Here are the skinpacks that I found from Racedepartment for the Rollover DPI vehicles:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/mazda-rt-24p-imsa-wtscc-livery-pack-4k-2k.36604/
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/cadillac-dpi-v-r-imsa-wtscc-livery-pack-4k-2k.36602/
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acura-arx-05-imsa-wtscc-livery-pack-4k-2k.36605/

You got to thank @Caddy_DPi for doing this, he did a phenomenal job of inputting the physics onto these cars for us to have them out in front flying away from the others. And also that livery pack by those cars were in fact done by him as well.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I have to say i love the realism the GTPlanet mods add to the rollovers pack.
To get better sounds, I used the IER Corvette Daytona Prototype sound as recommended in this thread and it sounds great!

And also if you want the other suggestions for the others sound-wise.
Acura: Honda NSX GT3 - use the GTP version for the sound
Nissan: SCG 003C
Mazda: Praga R1

I had to google to see what Lago Maggiore was about, my last GT was GT6,
My main interest in Original GT tracks is nostalgic, many hours spent having fun in a virtual world that would be nice to re-experience with all the added value from AC, VR and my present rig.

Most of the PS4-era GT tracks can already be considered classics ahah. They're that good. Lago Maggiore, Tokyo Expressway, Dragon Trail, Kyoto Driving Park, Sainte-Croix, Sardegna, Alsace...

Most of the PS4-era GT tracks can already be considered classics ahah. They're that good. Lago Maggiore, Tokyo Expressway, Dragon Trail, Kyoto Driving Park, Sainte-Croix, Sardegna, Alsace...
This. while i was saddened to see that the only returning GT original in gtsport was Route X, the tracks that debuted in gtsport were phenomenal and i'd rather see those track be built irl than yas marina. hope they all return in gt7 (oh hey i made me 100th message)

Last edited:
Tried for a few hundred meters and binned... those horrible looking trees :indiff:

Not just the trees....

THANK you.

To me, the attraction of consoles (the only attraction) was the incredible graphics they squeezed out of pipsqueak CPUs, fingernail-sized GPUs, single-digit RAM and nano-bit operating systems. Still amazes me. But the "willful suspension of disbelief" (i.e., immersion): totally absent.

From Fecebook... an update.

Don't miss that it has a roof tab for it's setup to drive with the roof up or down.

Tyrone Lembo Visual Storyteller
· 36m ·

LAST UPDATE!
Amuse S2000 Street Version '04 V. 1.5
Author: blackwood91
Based on the model of GMP, Juiced 2, GT6
- Fix front license plate
- Fix Physics (Thank you Daniele Mameli)
- New generals shaders
- New general texture
- New brakes disc
- New calipers
- New rims template
- New body AO
- New rims shaders
- Add 4k template

https://drive.google.com/.../1YaIrGgxGW5uMMjK3EDJ.../view...

The download is a skin to replace all the billboards on Sentul Circuit with Idemitsu logos. It works on the Sentul International Circuit Final Version 1.4 at RaceDepartment as well as the ACF version where he removed the large trackside billboards.

For those that aren't familiar with track skins, in the track mod folder create a skins folder, then a cm_skins folder inside that, and copy the idemitsu folder into it. Then in Content Manager, select the skin below the track on the Drive screen.

You can find ACF's version here ( thanks @slider666 )
https://mega.nz/folder/d8RmGIDa#eNn1zMIK-Y9gAukU5zxsvg

This track mod is in SERIOUS need of a GrassFX config, especially because it's a pretty good track already, and the current grass in either version looks really bad. It also needs VAO, and rain if it hasn't been created already.

Thanks for all !!! 👍👍👍

hey all, ive been in MSFS2020 lala land for a bit but noticed today that my AC has REALLY bad FPS on a lot of tracks now.
(ones that used to be fine before)

I think the last thing I did was update CSP to 0.172p1 and SOL to 2.0 RC4 2.02

Which one is guilty? Probably SOL? Whats the latest version that does not kill FPS?

Last edited:
hey all, ive been in MSFS2020 lala land for a bit but noticed today that my AC has REALLY bad FPS on a lot of tracks now.
(ones that used to be fine before)

I think the last thing I did was update CSP to 0.172p1 and SOL to 2.0 RC4 2.02

Which one is guilty? Probably SOL? Whats the latest version that does not kill FPS?

Let's see if I get Ninja'd! (Nope, I was fast enough)

I'm using 2.0.2 and I think I'm getting pretty good performance.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sol.24914/

I'm also using CSP 0.1.71 and in VR (Oculus Quest 2 with USB 3.0 Link Cable)

Out of curiosity - does anyone know if lights were ever added to the ACU United States (COTA) circuit?

If you have CSP, check CSP settings to make sure all track configs are updated. If they are and you still don't have lights, I can upload the config file for it.

COTA config that I have. Place in the extension folder (or make one) inside the COTA (acu_unitedstates) folder.

BTW, lighting experts, the tower could use more lighting.

Attachments

• COTA ext_config.zip
    1 KB · Views: 53
Great job! looks amazing!
Does the track support driver swaps?
Thanks
Thanks for liking it! :cheers:

Sorry, but does AC support driver swaps???
Never read anything about it. So, imo no, no explicit exclusive support for driver swap provided by this track, sorry. :boggled:

Update for Magny Cours 2019 v4.4b

Make a backup of your track, just for the case you don´t like it:
  • added missing legs for the jumbo boards
  • improved trees
  • improved horizon
  • improved some flickering objects (sometimes the curtain in start building seems to
Sorry, can´t still make screenshot from in game. :(
No improvements for lights, etc.

Hope you enjoy it, if you don´t like it, use your backup. :lol:
https://sharemods.com/5030xrv8xi95/magny_cours_v4.4b.7z.html

Edit: sorry forgot it almost: many thx for @Fanapryde for being my eyes in game. :bowdown:
Reuploaded track with new folder structure, just extract it into main AC folder.

Last edited:
more novelties...
Screenshot_ks_porsche_718_cayman_s_rmi_mario_dragonpalace_3-2-121-23-17-24.jpg

ne know if lights were ever added to the ACU United States (COTA) circuit?
You got to thank @Caddy_DPi for doing this, he did a phenomenal job of inputting the physics onto these cars for us to have them out in front flying away from the others. And also that livery pack by those cars were in fact done by him as well.

And also if you want the other suggestions for the others sound-wise.
Acura: Honda NSX GT3 - use the GTP version for the sound
Nissan: SCG 003C
Mazda: Praga R1

Great Idea on the Praga and Honda Sound swaps!

Just a quick note the SCG doesn't rev high enough to be a useful sound for the Nissan DPI

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back