Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,017 comments
Is there any interest in a version of Sebring from 1966?

I've been sent over a load of reference material and I believe it to be possible. I've never done anything 'historic' before so it would be an interesting one.

Well, you can guess my answer and it rhymes with "bell mess"...

An exhaust problem here on the Mazda Furai Tweaked by @Peugeot905

@Peugeot905

There's also this rectangle floating in front of the steering wheel--a little annoying in VR. If you happen to edit the model or by other means, look for this and remove it if you can.

In this image, a view from VR, you can see the vertical white rectangle just to the right of where the alcantara begins on the left spoke. It's not a part of the steering wheel model--it just stays in one place.
View attachment 990125

Don't know why, but on my car I have none of these issues.
Just checked: exhaust is OK and the rectangle is probably only visible in VR.
(Triple screen setup here).

Has anybody tested the new CSP? The one that removed and back aging now?

A.K.A 0.1.72
I have been testing a few mods/tracks and using the new version. The FPS increase is just great for me. The new Valencia track was getting me 70fps with a particular mod in cockpit view and just tried it again and over 130. Same settings etc. What an improvement so far. However I tried Baku 2019 Terra21 re-worked version and the road surface seems to be mirror on a lot of sections. Maybe a texture issue or whatever. I tried this track as it usually struugles for high fps but it also has an extra 30fps more. Need to work out the road surface issue though.

This is what i'm referring to regarding the road surface in Baku in new CSP 1.73. Anyone else having any issues?

Attachments

• Screenshot_f1_2020_ferrari_baku_2019_7-2-121-22-31-33.jpg
    Screenshot_f1_2020_ferrari_baku_2019_7-2-121-22-31-33.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 44
Today I've tried to use the GT Planet Modding Team Honda NSX GT3 cars in a practice session, 1.7 and 1.3 of the EVO. Every time, after I hear it load and the wheel jiggles as it always does just before the car and track appears, I get a "Race Cancelled" screen. Is there a known issue and/or an update that I missed?

upload_2021-2-7_16-40-56.png

Today I've tried to use the GT Planet Modding Team Honda NSX GT3 cars in a practice session, 1.7 and 1.3 of the EVO. Every time, after I hear it load and the wheel jiggles as it always does just before the car and track appears, I get a "Race Cancelled" screen. Is there a known issue and/or an update that I missed?

View attachment 990205
Your lucky it even gets that far. Known issue and Delpinksy and his team are updating the mod. May take a while but patience is key. The Emil Frey Jaguar is affected too.

The 3D model is just beautiful. However, physics-wise, it's too "floaty" and the steering seems to be overly sensitive. It also tends to pull to one side under hard braking. It's just not a "fun" and rewarding car to drive--start to push it, and it quickly goes beyond it's unrealistic limits. It reminds me of iRacing physics, which are good until you reach edge of grip--and that's where their physics model ends. I was trained to win races and set record lap times by going "beyond" grip when necessary, and as circumstances allow, in a controlled fashion to get an advantage. That's why I can't stand iRacing (as most real-world experienced drivers do), and that's what is "ruining" this mod in it's current state. It should be fun to drive, you can "thrash" it a little, and rely on it's mid-engine layout to "plant" the rear tires and propel the car out of turns and down the exit line. Such a shame, because it's such a nice looking car, inside and out. So physics-masters, see what you can do.

There was a Facebook post from Bazza about a month ago showing of the Part 2 of the ACL Legends pack, it's the 1960s era cars and there is going to be the Mac Ten modelled 904 as a base for the pack in stock form.

(Edit) tried to post link to post but wouldn't let me, if you want to see for yourself just search "Bazza" on Assetto Mod Central facebook page.

136091528_1126766127779534_2825214687060011220_o.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry - Quick (lighthearted non-heart attack-inducing) rant then I'll delete

I'm all for constructive feedback (we don't always get it right) and helping those who help themselves as the majority of us in the community are - I'm sure we can all remember when it was new to us and we would ask our peers for help/advice.

So what is it with some people that when it's a free download they want you to wipe their ass for them - Just had the best comment yet over at Racedepartment -to paraphrase 'It may be good but is a bit too inconvenient to download' - 1 star - read that as 'I'm a lazy s*#t and want you to do everything for me' - FFS :D what happened to RTFM and exploring or even maybe asking the author through a PM and not commenting on what you haven't tried/experienced.

There is an old saying that goes like this; 'sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think your a [insert own profenity 🤬] .. than to open it and confirm you really are a...[repeat profienity 🤬].'

BTW: I know it is a complicated F1 2020 custom championship download due to changing parameters and updates but thousands have managed okay

Right - Rant over :banghead: - Now wheres that JD and remote - Superbowl is on - Quietly saying come on you Chiefs:cheers: Oh, and am I being too sensitive? (puts his crash helmet on) :D

Thanks for taking your time to put your grids and rainfx files out there Cozy61. It’s awesome that we have folks that can support us in different ways. Cars, tracks, physics, cameras, fast lanes, skins, billboards, VR fixes, rainfx etc. It all adds to our collective benefits. AC hero’s.

Ive been working a lot on importing the mountains in the background in a bit higher detail, spent most of yesterday playing with baking textures into terrain meshes with blender. I'd rate my success at about a 2/10 soooo... It basically still looks like the last screenshos I sent over.

Wondering if you would be interested in making these two tracks. Two newer and lessor known tracks that are well designed in Canada.
https://area27.ca/

https://islandmotorsportcircuit.com/

@Cozy61 , all that Masscot said. It also works both ways: a few days ago I gave a constructive feedback to one of the guys who makes cameras (not Dabaeda, the other one). He answered with childish sarcasm. Not once, twice. I blocked him (something I don't like to do... you just don't know when a particular member will start sharing cool stuff) and it was totally worth it.

Last edited:
So, for what I've seen, last CSP update/upgrade is a great FPS friend.
As a downside, on a lot of tracks, the tarmac is white or/and (if we chose the right - wrong - car/track combo),
the track wont load due a car error/issue.

So, for what I've seen, last CSP update/upgrade is a great FPS friend.
As a downside, on a lot of tracks, the tarmac is white or/and (if we chose the right - wrong - car/track combo),
the track wont load due a car error/issue.
Pretty much. I've tried a few tracks and only had 1 track so far that was affected. But, for instance the Ricardo Tormo track that was lacking in fps for me has improved by around 30-40fps for the same cars.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back