Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,750 comments
Evening all , just a quick ask i had a version of pembrey Track by banger . anyways ive just downloaded the one off RD and its over written it and that version is well not great so anyone with the banger version would be great .

Last edited:
Evening all , just a quick ask i had a version of pembrey Track by banger . anyways ive just downloaded the one off RD and its over written it and that version is well not great so anyone with the banger version would be great .
nvm... I found the track, but it is for GTR2 - sorry.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I'm asking for an acquaintance of mine, he's looking for someone able to do a balance of performance on some historic cars even paying for the work, is anyone in the group able to do this work?

Not specifically modding but I’m thinking of upgrading my rig, do any of you guys have any recommendations or pointers?

// CPU
Intel i7-7700k @ 4.20 GHz

// GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

// SSD/HDD
(C:) 222GB SSD / (D:) 3TB HDD

// RAM
Crucial DDR4 (8 GB x 2) 2133 MTs
G.SKILL Z DDR4 (8 GB x 2) 3200 MHz

// MBD
STRIX Z270F GAMING

// P.SUPPLY
850w

// CASE
Phantek Evolv X

Not specifically modding but I’m thinking of upgrading my rig, do any of you guys have any recommendations or pointers?

// CPU

// GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

// SSD/HDD

// RAM

// MBD
STRIX Z270F GAMING

// P.SUPPLY
850w

// CASE
Phantek Evolv X
As I'm sure you already know, your GPU is the biggest bottleneck there, followed by the 2133 Mhz RAM. It all depends what you're having issues with though, e.g. if you strictly want more AI on track a cpu upgrade would help.

// CPU

// GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

// SSD/HDD

// RAM

// MBD
STRIX Z270F GAMING

// P.SUPPLY
850w

// CASE
Phantek Evolv X

Is this what you're considering upgrading to? If you're getting a really good price on everything, this is pretty good. I have the same CPU (7700k is an "old" CPU), a Z270X-Ultra Gaming,16GB DDR4, and a 1080 Ti. It has no problem running games at high detail on an ultra-wide screen (2560 x 1080), and it's adequate to run an Oculus Quest 2 either by turning down graphics quality, or turning it up and relying on Oculus' Asynchronous TimeWarp (ATW) that alternates refreshing the screens, and uses other "trickery" to look like the refresh rate is higher (generates some artifacts).

Because I use VR, I'll probably upgrade to a newer i7, or an i9, and at least a 3060 Ti (maybe 3070 Ti) or whatever's available around the same price range, and new motherboard with NVME slots for SSD drives. However, the current system is "adequate" for my use--but the upgrade would make things easier to attain higher refresh rates in VR.

I'd recommend getting an SSD, at least 500GB, or 1TB (getting reasonable), for the gaming titles you use the most. With Windows 10, you can use LZX compression to reduce a lot of AC's content (KN5 and DDS files) to a third of their size. They read faster off the SSD, and with a fast CPU, they un-compress and load quickly. Content Manager has this compression feature in it's Tools section, or you can use CompactGUI.

Last edited:
As I'm sure you already know, your GPU is the biggest bottleneck there, followed by the 2133 Mhz RAM. It all depends what you're having issues with though, e.g. if you strictly want more AI on track a cpu upgrade would help.

Aye, more cars on track would be ideal. RAM is definitely on the “to do” list, and GPU wise I’m aware the 1070 is dated, but my preferred upgrade of a 3080 isn’t available

Is this what you're considering upgrading to? If you're getting a really good price on everything, this is pretty good. I have the same CPU (7700k is an "old" CPU), a Z270X-Ultra Gaming,16GB DDR4, and a 1080 Ti. It has no problem running games at high detail on an ultra-wide screen (2560 x 1080), and it's adequate to run an Oculus Quest 2 either by turning down graphics quality, or turning it up and relying on Oculus' Asynchronous TimeWarp (ATW) that alternates refreshing the screens, and uses other "trickery" to look like the refresh rate is higher (generates some artifacts).

Because I use VR, I'll probably upgrade to a newer i7, or an i9, and at least a 3060 Ti (maybe 3070 Ti) or whatever's available around the same price range, and new motherboard with NVME slots for SSD drives. However, the current system is "adequate" for my use--but the upgrade would make things easier to attain higher refresh rates in VR.

I'd recommend getting an SSD, at least 500GB, or 1TB (getting reasonable), for the gaming titles you use the most. With Windows 10, you can use LZX compression to reduce a lot of AC's content (KN5 and DDS files) to a third of their size. They read faster off the SSD, and with a fast CPU, they un-compress and load quickly. Content Manager has this compression feature in it's Tools section, or you can use CompactGUI.

This is my current build, but the GPU I’ve had for a good few years now. As for the SSD, I’m currently saving for an expandable SSD for my PS5 (I’m a lucky boy) so that’ll have to wait for now

Aye, more cars on track would be ideal. RAM is definitely on the “to do” list, and GPU wise I’m aware the 1070 is dated, but my preferred upgrade of a 3080 isn’t available
Just know that you're going to be bottlenecking that 3080 if you don't upgrade pretty much every part of your system. I run an i9-9900k and I can feel it bottlenecking my 3080 (my main issue is actually my SSD, and my 850w power supply isn't quite enough to power everything, but you get my point).

As much as I really enjoy your releases, this one puzzles me. @iRoush did a great update on the very same car as I also think he owns and races one in real life (not 100% sure)? His release drove great. I have not had a chance to test yours on track yet as wheel is stored away for now. Not sure if he is still around on here these days but here is the post:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1083#post-13088887

The link has gone missing but maybe with a ping @iRoush could re-upload or failing that I could? This one might have been a better basis as there were many corrections over the original legion model, including all skins having AO which is now missing? I suppose you could easily transfer any of these across to a 1.1 release or something?

Top one is your release:

View attachment 990961

Got an email notification. Man it's been awhile since i've been on here, sorry for my absence!!

Here is a link to my most updated release of the GT4. One BoP'd and one with the unrestricted dyno data we got from the real life #15 car posted above ;).

83498394_10214808700081140_898027457720877056_o.jpg

Hope all of you are well!

Hi, even if some fellow simmers here have been kindly trying to help me (both publicly and privately), I haven't managed to find this skin for the Porsche 914/6:

upload_2020-3-24_21-21-36-png.902570

maxresdefault.jpg

Obviously it exists, but seems to have vanished into thin air.
I'd much appreciate if someone could point me out where to find it.
Thanks in advance, best regards.

Last edited:
Hi Rex, I see you quoted my previous post, but I can't see any accompanying reply.
I'd much appreciate any, thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi guys, does anyone know if there’s a URD Nissan LMP1 car physics rework out there?

Dont think there is anything out there that exists. Remember that car is a fwd lmp1 so it does drive and handle differently, such a shame that the mod wasnt completely finished properly. The audi in that pack is one of the best LMP1 protos out there.

Is there a track mod for the Hamilton Street Circuit. Supercars raced there for a few years.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamilton_Street_Circuit

I've never seen one. Perhaps someone can use this rfactor 2 mod or this rfactor 1 mod as a base.

This should be the rfactor1 version, I haven't downloaded it (I don't have the game to check it) but it was linked on the FVR download page.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/lz3tmv13tje/FVR_HAMILTON_PR6_250709.rar/file

Here is the rfactor2 version, which is based on the rf1 one. I downloaded this with Steam Workshop Downloader and reuploaded it, so this one should definitely be legit, however I'm not sure which one will be easier to work with.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0h39yfy53vq8lmo/2269421848_hamilton_street_circuit.zip?dl=0

Canberra 400 v1.0

View attachment 990261 View attachment 990262

Converted with permission by the original author, "Radar"

Features:
- CSP GrassFX, RainFX
- 38 pit/start
- AI is mostly functional
- Cameras by @DaBaeda
- Grid / RainFX by @Lucky3x

:: DOWNLOAD :: - Race Department
:: DOWNLOAD :: - Mirror

@RMi_wood massive appreciations for finally bringing this out, we need more of this great aussie stuff coming.

Also in regards to Hamilton, i believe i had already sent you the AMS convert of the rF2 version to bring across. Hopefully with that information it should stop people asking for it considering it wouldve been added to your extensive list no doubt.

Also wondering how progress is going with Calder Park? Should be plenty of reference footage for those 2 and also Canberra if you want to do touch ups now considering Supercars has released their entire race catalogue between 1997-2014 onto youtube for everyones viewing pleasure.

Definitely recommend a watch

Also GTP community, is there anyway to be able to use the 2021 DPi Skins that have been released for the Rollovers cars on the GTP cars? do they cross over easily, or do new skins need to be made?
If so, can a painter within the community release them?!

Last edited by a moderator:

// CPU

// GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

// SSD/HDD

// RAM

// MBD
STRIX Z270F GAMING

// P.SUPPLY
850w

// CASE
Phantek Evolv X
Is that your current rig, or planned one?

Also GTP community, is there anyway to be able to use the 2021 DPi Skins that have been released for the Rollovers cars on the GTP cars? do they cross over easily, or do new skins need to be made?
If so, can a painter within the community release them?!
Someone released a mod that ports the GTP physics/sounds to the Rollover's models. It's a few pages back.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back