Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,766 comments
No, the problem with the timing hasn't been fixed yet..
Thanks, I feared I missed it.
I hope somebody can fix that.

You could test this one. Not tested from my side though.

I´m still struggling with fixing the track. Could at least get it with correct textures (I hope all of them), into Blender. Could separate some huge meshes, so fbx export could be opened in ksEditor. The next day(s) is bug fixing, shader adjustments etc. still to do. I´m in contact with @Fall Guy for testing, as I´m still mainly working without seeing anything in game.

View attachment 992139

Thanks man, issue from the pics I posted is gone now, all good.

Sorry for this. Please try to use the attached config and let me know if it is gone now. @slider666 has already made some big improvements with this track and hopefully some issues will be gone soon.

Why sorry ? You're doing nice work bringing this 'ancient' track up to standards... thanks to all involved :cheers:
Tbh, I did not try your latest ext_config.ini (yet) because Sliders' fixed the issue I had. Is there another thing I'm missing while not using yours ?

Nope, it is the same one I think. We will try to improve the track further, after all we have a proper "track day" track without the F1 sponsorboards and some working timing then.

Thanks, I feared I missed it.
I hope somebody can fix that.
Thanks man, issue from the pics I posted is gone now, all good.
Why sorry ? You're doing nice work bringing this 'ancient' track up to standards... thanks to all involved :cheers:
Tbh, I did not try your latest ext_config.ini (yet) because Sliders' fixed the issue I had. Is there another thing I'm missing while not using yours ?
Timing probs should be fixed too, when getting all probs sorted. I´m now 2.5 days getting this weird, messy, old conversion to be editable and so fixable. These over 200 f..... textures had to be renamed and reassigned each one for each own, several times, as every export failed afterwards. Track got from ~300Mb to ~1400MB just by saving. :odd: :eek: :mad:

Long story short, it´s on the way... :D

Last edited:
Timing probs should be fixed too, when getting all probs sorted. I´m now 2.5 days getting this weird, messy, old conversion to be editable and so fixable. These over 200 f..... textures had to be renamed and reassigned each one for each own, several times, as every export failed afterwards. Track got from ~300Mb to ~1400MB just by saving. :odd: :eek: :mad:

Long story short, it´s on the way... :D
OK, my time to say sorry that I brought this track into attention. :embarrassed:
But it looks better than some newer versions I found. Little did I know it was such a bad conversion...

OK, my time to say sorry that I brought this track into attention. :embarrassed:
But it looks better than some newer versions I found. Little did I know it was such a bad conversion...
Sorry, I didn´t mean it´s a bad conversion, but very outdaded. Last update is imo from 2014... :eek: :odd:
And it seems to be a good conversion, as it seems to be the better one, from all the others... :lol:

But yepp, you cost me a lot of gray hairs, or better some beers... :cheers: :lol:

Last edited:
Darker Textures for Malaysia.
upload_2021-2-16_23-28-43.png

Attachments

• ext.config.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 81
Found a regular Volkswagen Bora (not the tuned one from Assettoland):

View attachment 991762

Updated the car with these features:
-V10 tires
-Catalogue colors
-Interior textures rework
-Interior lights (due to linked materials not much can be made)
-Mirrors texture
-Exhaust smoke (smoke only, not fire)
-Deformable hood & trunk
-Rim colors slightly fixed
-White reflective wipers fixed

http://www.mediafire.com/file/km1aohywb2o59wd/vw_bora.rar/file
Thank you so much for sharing. I like it very much! It looks a bit early in develpment but I may be mistaken. Did you have the name of the author?

The skins are for an upcoming custom championship but I thought I'd share them in case they are of use to anyone
Skin Iconjpg.jpg
__custom_showroom_1613516322.jpg
__custom_showroom_1613524256.jpg
__custom_showroom_1613526211.jpg
__custom_showroom_1613527921.jpg

There are 22 skins (2 of each country) except Germany, Singapore, New Zealand and Sweden x1 each
New Zealand one here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2241#post-13353828
Hope you enjoy them and any constructive comments are gratefully received

If you spot any errors, please give me a personal 'discussion' message - Thanks

Installation: Just drag the Zip file into Content Manager

Car info: https://guerilla-mods.de/2021/01/13/decoding-the-s-fr/
Car Download: https://guerilla-mods.de/forum (you must be a member of the forum)

Stay safe and healthy.

#KeepOnRacing #WeRaceAsOne #ACMods #Simracing

Cozy61

Last edited:
Spent a few minutes fiddling with this one as I have a bit of a nostalgic soft spot for the Bora (my first brand new car 20-odd years ago) so here are some half-assed updates to add to yours. I know it's not a great (or even good) mod by many metrics but it's a little better than it was.
Thanks for your original tweaks @gergerger and to @norms for separating some materials. And thanks of course to the original modder... whomever you might be.
This will install as a new car if you want to compare and contrast.

v1.2 Feb 2021
- Driver repositioned for better wheel grip, driver suits added
- Shifting timing and preload adjusted
- Instrument dials changed from diesel to petrol (see tachometer rev range) and various artifacts removed
- High-level brake light added, front & rear lights adjusted
- Config added for glossier paint to all ten (!) separate bodywork materials
- Steering wheel badge and exhaust materials separated (Norms!) & adjusted
- Various internal/external shader values adjusted
- Door panel bump strip material changed, now body-coloured to match paint (Norms!)
- FFMULT and STEER_ASSIST adjusted in data/car.ini for better steering feel/feedback (original values were 1.45 & 0 if you want to revert)
- UI updated (FWD, V6 etc)
Many issues remain. Feel free to edit/improve. Needs working wipers.

View attachment 991961

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wvf7desd6qvidzr/vw_bora_v6.7z/file
After further consideration you might want to change the steer assist in data/car.ini to this, depending on your FFB wheel and settings:

[CONTROLS]
STEER_ASSIST=0.75

There's something very weird going on with the power delivery, almost as if the handbrake is getting pulled during cornering. Wheels lock up and the revs drop.
Any armchair physics experts fancy taking a peek and a poke?
Might be a diff setting? Pure conjecture on my part.

Car updated, link updated in original post.

Last edited:
The skins are for an upcoming custom championship but I thought I'd share them in case they are of use to anyone
View attachment 992168View attachment 992169
There are 18 skins (2 of each country)
Hope you enjoy them and any constructive comments are gratefully received

If you spot any errors, please give me a personal 'discussion' message - Thanks

Car info: https://guerilla-mods.de/2021/01/13/decoding-the-s-fr/
Car Download: https://guerilla-mods.de/forum (you must be a member of the forum)

Stay safe and healthy.

#KeepOnRacing #WeRaceAsOne #ACMods #Simracing

Cozy61

Nice skins - thanks.
Is it me or does this car have no internal glass in the windscreen, and doesn't let shadow-casting light through onto the dashboard?

Nice skins - thanks.
Is it me or does this car have no internal glass in the windscreen, and doesn't let shadow-casting light through onto the dashboard?
- According to the forum it was an old mod that was resurrected - The original skins do not have the cockpit_occ.dds or glass.dds but they make no difference so I think it is still a WIP . Sadly, I can't get the wipers to work and Rain doesn't sit on the windscreen either.

There are now 20 skins (2 of each country) except - Singapore and Sweden (1 x each)
View attachment 992192
Had a request for Germany - any more?

For some reason, there's no download button on the folder in your google drive Cozy 61. Must be something to do with the settings.

EDIT: Sorted! Just had to cliclk on the dowload button that appeared for a nanosecond before the page refreshes without it.

Thanks very much for these skins. I'm really enjoying this car and it's great to have more skin options. :cheers:

Last edited:
There are now 20 skins (2 of each country) except - Singapore and Sweden (1 x each)
View attachment 992192
Had a request for Germany - any more?

I'm always keen for New Zealand to be included. Perhaps based on the silver fern (black and white) flag that our sporting teams use, to make it stand out from the Australian cars or the Lockwood Fern (Red and Blue) flag that almost became our national flag (it really should have)

Last edited:
After further consideration you might want to change the steer assist in data/car.ini to this, depending on your FFB wheel and settings:

[CONTROLS]
STEER_ASSIST=0.75

There's something very weird going on with the power delivery, almost as if the handbrake is getting pulled during cornering. Wheels lock up and the revs drop.
Any armchair physics experts fancy taking a peek and a poke?
Might be a diff setting? Pure conjecture on my part.
Yes it seems to be the diff, it's completely open. Put steer_assist back to 1.00 and in drivetrain.ini try putting:
power - 0.40
coast - 0.20
preload - 20

Last edited:
I have been using the "sepang_10_osrw_26pit" version of Malaysia from 2015, don't recall where or how I found it, but it seemed like the best version available, even compared to this other 2014 version. I don't recall any of the issues that I was reading about for this 2014 one. Does anyone know why the 2014 version is better than the one I mentioned? I noticed that I had DRS, Rain FX, and new AI for the version I had, perhaps there is compatibility between them.

Attachments

• RTW_NZE_04.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 39
Here you go - Let me know if you want any changes
View attachment 992203
This is above and beyond what I was expecting tbh! The choice to use Bruce McLaren and the alternating flags on the spoiler was absolutely spot on.

I immediately had to get it out on Hampton Downs (converted by @neil shaw)
3COZCng.jpg

01:46:517 with the default set up if someone wants to beat my (weak) lap time ;)

Last edited:
A request for a little help please... :)

Could anyone remove these weird artefacts above the ACFriends Corvette C8R please? :confused: Or, advise me how to do it! Link to the car (on my Mega) is here: https://mega.nz/file/K1F2jBJQ#kf7-9qr41g7RNbSxiwnygYSU71Q2ffsULNR3_1bmeNY

Additionally, Does anyone have versions of Detroit Belle Isle and Limerock Park with grid extensions please? My versions have 24 (DBI) and 20 (LRP). Ideally, I need a grid for 30 cars if possible...

wtf.png

If anyone can assist, it'd be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance. :cheers:

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back