Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,774 comments
Coming soon....
2021.02.20-22.44.png

2021.02.20-22.45.png

Last edited:
Has anyone done Havana from Grid2019 yet? I can open the files in 3dsimed but the roads/ground and water are missing, everything else in place and all textures etc are great, but, as its for a racing game I am thinking missing roads are a deal breaker... I must be missing something in the import I guess?

(also if its already done let me know dont wanna waste time on it then)
View attachment 993016
Spooky... I was wondering if anyone was going to tackle Havana only this evening when uploading Okutama.
Please persevere with it. I'm not aware of anyone else doing it.

A little later than planned due to circumstances beyond anyone's control, here is Okutama 2.0, originally converted by ACU and updated by collaborative effort.
This will overwrite the old version.
Thanks to everyone involved, you know who you are.

View attachment 992981 View attachment 992982 View attachment 992983 View attachment 992984

Updates include:
  • New default billboards and teardrop flags, plus ten additional billboard/flag skins
  • Missing model replacement (camera gantries etc)
  • GrassFX config
  • RainFX config
  • New AI
  • Animated patrolling helicopters and blimp
  • New balloons with random flare animation
  • Several texture updates to improve visuals and resolve flickering/z-fighting
  • Mountain colouring adjusted to blend in better
  • All configs are now referenced in the track extension folder, not externally
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ps91xgokhk92lq0/acu_okutama-circuit.7z/file
not sure oif CSP glitch or track, but if i am near any lights all the textures go wierd, easier to show than explain.

you will see as soon as I drive away from the lights it all returns to normal.

Whether coffee or tea is your cup of tea while sim racing... have a slice world series cake to go with it.

The icing may be courtesy of Cozy61 – and could you please make a 'Burkina Faso cake'? It seems to be missing.

View attachment 993021
they could have got more creative with their race numbers. All those skins are number 2 - or is that what happens when you eat all those cakes in one sitting

Dear friends, this is another car for download who dont have yet the AUDI R8 GT3 EVO converted version from BARRIKAD CREW STUDIO .Most inportant thing is to all have chanse to enjoy in this very nice mods, thanks to all guys who vork hard to made us all happy, when we have races with this mods .Thank you all .And i will try in the future to promote all moders becouse you guys all deserve the your name be mentioned !

Got some weird question, running the Chivas Super GT 2013 mod, and I am not sure if it has anything to do with what I am running, but I noticed that in the early part of the race if I were to take a screenshot the wheels are blurred properly
ACtC-3c1LNLKdBct2cEyJPoBxvDTfPyB2E292Du6K83ceg8tP_c7MaTuBCX_FYmbxl-8K2qPtZVdl4njKMf4pG37nuRQMmBDbFDayxhQ4UFpt60_sUfxsCiCQGEaFmAQ2lR4u7Q_-A-1BIRQ6nVwGjmb0Pf56Q=w2560-h1440-no

But as the race went on at some point it stopped doing that, for whatever car that is in focus:
ACtC-3dCcCU0Sp64uHUpBxzTiRiwdppB6Pxo7FJgukrpf5g83m252ct0424pCh_p2Sd7ZCPP1e6jmUj0g1r_NrazJRJdoUJt61zj5JdP-yY_E6L3GatuxCzOu3jExSis9Q9vTAYvOjXWAWUa02m78njuJSkeZg=w2560-h1440-no

ACtC-3cqqSMkH13hTUFTYtHVpJriZjO5XANk1HAkI6csspaAoetRVHu2x_aivzxEnPinZqyJKoBhfsOPdGiz0xoCM2ol4Uzj3sHMyV4A4miu94etzPdth50ZBoOrp6mo6BnqN-Ij_ZZD1mZMKZnVXMNWghTc3Q=w2560-h1440-no

I've never notice this happen before. And I've ran similar length races with other mods(most recently with the VRC LMP cars and the GTPlanet/Rollovers DPis).

I don't think I've changed any other settings recently, CSP 1.7.1 I think is what I've ran. I've tried 1.7.2 but it does some weird stuff to lights and glare that I revert back to 1.7.1. Any ideas? The CSP accumulation blur is set to on and the option of disable AC rim blur is on as well. But then I've always had that set up like that.

Is there any chance that Eastern Creek gets some lights so we can race there in the dark in AC. If it's already been done please let me know.

Thanks, but I have the latest version. I've been told it's an alpha channel problem and I should use paint.net

I can assure you a half-featured free program isn't better than a professional grade software for this stuff. Remembered something else; when you open the .DDS in Photoshop, make sure the option "load alpha as transparency" is not checked off. If you're loading a .DDS with a full black alpha, and it's loading as transparency, you won't see anything.

Has anyone done Havana from Grid2019 yet? I can open the files in 3dsimed but the roads/ground and water are missing, everything else in place and all textures etc are great, but, as its for a racing game I am thinking missing roads are a deal breaker... I must be missing something in the import I guess?

(also if its already done let me know dont wanna waste time on it then)
View attachment 993016
Yeah, Havana has missing roads in 3dsimed.
From GRiD Autosport I have had Washington D.C sitting in my todo folder for some time, and have converted San Francisco into a freeroam (very different from CH version of S.F from Grid1) but have not released to the public yet.
Screenshot_ks_mazda_rx7_spirit_r_rmi_grid_sf_1-2-121-15-33-58.jpg

GRiD tracks are abit hit-and miss as some have a road mesh of some sort, while others dont. I also have the SS stages from Dirt in a todo folder.

I cant say when I will get to WaDc or the SS stages...

Last edited:
Thanks to @Cozy61's guide, I have finally made my own first attempt at a rainfx config. This is for @neil shaw's Hampton Downs. It's pretty basic, but it gets the job done.

As usual, rename the file to ext_config.ini, and place it in your extension folder (located inside the track directory), or add this to your own file.

[ABOUT]
AUTHOR = JamieAfterlife
VERSION = 1.0
DATE_RELEASE = 21 February 2021
NOTES = Basic RainFX

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = ?ROAD?,TIRE_BLACK,TENT03,BLDG_01,RDHB_WET
SOAKING_MATERIALS = ?ROAD?,YLOLTFLAG,RDHB_WET,RMBLA_WET,CONC_RDGRAVEL1_WET,
SMOOTH_MATERIALS = BRKMRKRS,40KMH
ROUGH_MATERIALS = AD_01AO,CMWLCAO,METALPATCHAO,WC,GRASSA,METALB,SANDA,SANDB,AD_03,TWALL_03,AD_04,CMTWR,GARAGES_03,CONC_PIT_WET,TENT03_A
LINES_MATERIALS = STRP_ROADLINES,ARR_YB
STREAM_EDGE_... = -154.88, -9.17, -342.08, -154.29, -9.17, -340.57
STREAM_EDGE_... = -335.94, -4.9, 148.25, -292.91, -5.49, 122.39
STREAM_POINT_... =
wm_mazda_fc_zero_hampton_downs_motorsport_park_17_47_49fanatiC.jpg

Attachments

• hampton_downs_motorsport_park.txt
    3.4 KB · Views: 33
  • wm_mazda_fc_zero_hampton_downs_motorsport_park_17_44_29fanatiC.jpg
    wm_mazda_fc_zero_hampton_downs_motorsport_park_17_44_29fanatiC.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 37
Is there any chance that Eastern Creek gets some lights so we can race there in the dark in AC. If it's already been done please let me know.

It hasn't been done. Again in reference to an earlier post of mine, there was a lidar version of the circuit being worked on that would've had lighting etc but the creator hasn't posted for a long time so I have no clue as to what's happening with it

Due to quite a few requests (who knew there were so many countries :D) I've scaled it down to an individual skin for each country following the initial upload.
I'm still hoping o finish the custom championship by the end of the weekend but had a thought that it might be a good idea if we could host it on a server for an online version of the 'Round the World Challenge' with each participant choosing a track/circuit of their country.

PS: I can set up the races with 'AC sever manager' but I don't have a clue how to host as I am not an online racer myself (need to improve badly before that happens :banghead::D)
Great job with the flags. But wait, no one requested a Dutch flag yet? So I did it (very kindly) in the RD thread ;)
And an orange (army) version would be the icing on the cake.

not sure oif CSP glitch or track, but if i am near any lights all the textures go wierd, easier to show than explain.

you will see as soon as I drive away from the lights it all returns to normal.

Thanks for the video, I'll look into it. What CSP and Sol version are you on?
As far as I'm aware the lighting config hasn't changed, and no changes were made to those rocks outside the tunnel. The background mountains dds had some visual tweaking but nothing that would cause this.
It's almost looks like the tunnel lights are bouncing off the car and the reflections are bright enough to illuminate the environment, but... that would be weird.
Anyone else seeing something like this?

Make sure you grab Neil's Hampton Downs and Teretonga Park too!
I sound like a broken record about these two, but it still provides me with so much happiness that someone has finally done NZ tracks to a high standard.

Edit: Sadly the links to both of those tracks are broken. I'm happy to send you a copy of my files if @neil shaw has no objection.

Could I get a copy of those tracks? Somehow missed them, been looking for decent versions!

@Cozy61 thanks for Irish and Japanese skins! May have made an addtion to the former just to make it a wee bit better ;)
__custom_showroom_1613895197.png

Thanks for the video, I'll look into it. What CSP and Sol version are you on?
As far as I'm aware the lighting config hasn't changed, and no changes were made to those rocks outside the tunnel. The background mountains dds had some visual tweaking but nothing that would cause this.
It's almost looks like the tunnel lights are bouncing off the car and the reflections are bright enough to illuminate the environment, but... that would be weird.
Anyone else seeing something like this?
@TheRealCeeBee I can't replicate what you showed at all, everything looks normal to me (CSP 0.1.70, Sol 2.0 alpha 13, Sol Extra PPF).
The car in your video doesn't have some daft super-reflective paint config, does it?
I get slight tunnel light reflections off those rocks when exiting the tunnel at night in the rain, but put that down to the wet rocks.
Edit: I can see the effect you have on the latest Patreon build at night in the rain. Were you using a rain build with rain active and on?

In case you went from testing the old Okutama to testing the new one straight afterwards, does it do it even after restarting CM? If I update tracks and don't restart CM I can get some strange visual effects sometimes too.

Last edited:
Good afternoon, thanks for your work, I don't see any problems like in the video. but I have a problem with balloons late in the evening / at night, the sky is all dark, and suddenly the balloons flash brightly, for a split second, then go out again, and so periodically repeats. and so great track, surprisingly I haven't tried it before. csp 1.0.60
That's quite deliberate, it's to simulate the burners being fired to heat the balloons.
Balloons can always look a little odd at night (especially when the burners fire up) because they aren't supposed to fly in darkness. If you do a lot of night racing you can tempoarily rename any of the bal_mt...kn5 to stop them appearing at Okutama, ditto with the blimp.kn5.

It'll be nice if you could do Okutama, the grass is awful
:lol:
Thanks! None taken.

I did experiment with some different grass textures but was getting some weird effects so left it largely as-is.
If you mean the length of the grass, it's deliberately short. I think most grass configs are OTT and far too long. It's a race track that has a maintenance department with tractor mowers, not a meadow for feeding cows.

Last edited:
Version 1.0 - Released 2021.02.21
Nissan 370Z Nismo GT4 (2012)
CSP v0.1.72 or above required

CREDITS
• Kunos for the base 3D model
• CIRacing for the GT4 conversion
• Beezer & Mister Waffles for various updates
• RealAKP for support

FEATURING

• scratch made physics (as always)
• aero maps
• new suspensions geometry and setup
• brakes thermodynamics
• 3D model optimized
• PBR materials, VAO patch

KNOWN ISSUE
• low quality cockpit

CHANGELOG v1.0

Physics
• corrected car total mass
• corrected car polar inertia
• corrected steer lock and ratio
• corrected fuel tank capacity and position

Aerodynamic
• new aero
• implemented CSP aero maps
• accurate frontal area calculation

Powertrain
• new engine torque curve
• implemented CSP fuel consumption
• corrected gear ratios
• corrected differential coast and preload
• corrected gearshift times
• corrected clutch inertia and max torque
• corrected idle throttle percentage
• corrected engine minimum, limiter, inertia and braking torque
• tweaked auto-shifter
• tweaked downshift protection
• revised throttle map

Suspensions, brakes and tyres
• new suspensions geometry and setup
• revised brakes config (max power, bias)
• implemented CSP brakes thermodynamics
• implemented CSP DWB2 suspensions type
• implemented CSP bumpstops progressive spring

Visual
• shaders reworked
• revised CSP carpaint material config
• implemented CSP PBR materials
• added some normal textures
• converted PNG textures to DDS
• fixed objects transparency
• updated ambient shadows

Other changes
• revised digital instruments
• adjusted collider position
• revised AI fuel consumption
• new kn5 LoD files
• new kn5 3D collider
• revised AI
• sounds volume on par with Kunos
• tweaked audio volume and pitch
• revised setup options
• updated CM previews

DOWNLOAD

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back