Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,753 comments
Oh, so you were really asking. T300RS. So maybe we just perceive things differently.

There, wasn't so hard was it.
So we can discount that as a reason then.

With these latests mods like the Clio there are two other versions and delplinskis one is sublime up there with racerooms interpretation of FWD race cars.

TMM's clio is good too...but i see no reason for a 3rd one...same with the GT4's these are pretty good anyway, beezer did a great job already on the Nissan for example.

Last edited:
There, wasn't so hard was it.
So we can discount that as a reason then.

Exactly. We're all different and we all feel differently. I mean, you felt totally different a version of our car with just a few changed values..
The point is: "bad" won't help me make a better mod.

I just wanted to make my own versions of Clio Cup and GT4.
As much as I'm free to do it, you're free to ignore them.

Last edited:
Okay I will delete it then, I don't want to spread malware or risk potential trouble
Not saying that there is indeed a risk, Defender isn't always right as I heard. But it doesn't let me download the skins, that is: it removes them.
I wonder if others are having the same issue ? It would be nice to have some more skins for the car.

No, I don't even try my mods. I just put random numbers into them.
Simply a genuine answer.

Please tell me you are being sarcastic here? Safi is right by saying that Beezer's version is already good (even though the mod itself is pretty poor) and used real data - so where do you guys get your data from?

Genuine question btw

Last edited:
Please tell me you are being sarcastic here? Safi is right by saying that Beezer's version is already good (even though the mod itself is pretty poor) and used real data - so where do you guys get your data from?

Genuine question btw

I was joking, obviously.
If you're curious, this is just a part of the worksheet I use to create a mod. I can assure you that there's nothing random in it.

upload_2021-2-23_18-38-21.png

Okay I will delete it then, I don't want to spread malware or risk potential trouble
Just FYI:
I disabled Defender to see what happens.
Downloaded the skins and discovered I already had these installed :D
Left the skins.rar on my desktop, re_enabled Defender and bells were ringing.
Detected: Trojan:Script/Conteban.Alml

The list is designed for being road courses only, I've added some ovals that also have road courses built into them. I'll take a look at that file later to see if there are anyway road courses included. Thanks :)

Several are either road courses or have infield road courses.

Just FYI:
I disabled Defender to see what happens.
Downloaded the skins and discovered I already had these installed :D
Left the skins.rar on my desktop, re_enabled Defender and bells were ringing.
Detected: Trojan:Script/Conteban.Alml

that's interesting indeed, but I wonder what the Defender finds that could be "dangerous"

Exactly. We're all different and we all feel differently. I mean, you felt totally different a version of our car with just a few changed values..
The point is: "bad" won't help me make a better mod.

I just wanted to make my own versions of Clio Cup and GT4.
As much as I'm free to do it, you're free to ignore them.

I know, i was just saying why i haven't downloaded your GT4s and Clio.
I am trying desperately to get rid of duplicates as it is.
That's on me though, aside from that the more mods and versions the better.

My main thing was simply asking about if you use a wheel purely as that can affect simple things like low steer assist values whih are really easy for wheel users to rectify and enjoy the mods...

But anyway you confirmed you use a wheel which was helpful..

I like mr. James Hunt. His story of life is the most interesting abong other old timer racers i have read. His first open wheeler was Russel Alexys 14 in \68 and hi won his first race on Lydden hills. Feel the James in AC ^_^

q9vY3gpkeSE.jpg
lMO7wbYCxx0.jpg
nAu6R6fSPh8.jpg
EE0ysr88xco.jpg
Hi do you have a link for this track or is it a paid mod? I've searched around but can't find the track anywhere.

I know, i was just saying why i haven't downloaded your GT4s and Clio.
I am trying desperately to get rid of duplicates as it is.
That's on me though, aside from that the more mods and versions the better.

My main thing was simply asking about if you use a wheel purely as that can affect simple things like low steer assist values whih are really easy for wheel users to rectify and enjoy the mods...

But anyway you confirmed you use a wheel which was helpful..

Well, from my side, I naturally tend to think that out there can be a better way to do things. So I always download someone else's version of a mod, try it out, compare, and then I choose the one that's better to me.

You close yourself in a box not doing it. ;)

Do you guys have the same problem as I have? I've been trying out the IER Car Pack (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ier-car-pack-1-uscc-mod.7348/) and there seems to be an issue with LODs in the Corvettes. Without CSP cars in the distance render as they should (no drivers driving on their butts) but with CSP I have this:

Unpack the data.acd of the cars with CM and change the lods.ini and repack it. But it then won't work for online races anymore.

lods.ini for "corvette_dp_c":

[COCKPIT_HR]
DISTANCE_SWITCH=10

[LOD_0]
FILE=corvette_dp_c_hd_hi.kn5
IN=0
OUT=13

[LOD_1]
FILE=corvette_dp_c_hd_med.kn5
IN=13
OUT=50

[LOD_2]
FILE=corvette_dp_c_hd_low.kn5
IN=50
OUT=2000

lods.ini for "corvette_dp_d":

[COCKPIT_HR]
DISTANCE_SWITCH=10

[LOD_0]
FILE=corvette_dp_d_hd_hi.kn5
IN=0
OUT=13

[LOD_1]
FILE=corvette_dp_d_hd_med.kn5
IN=13
OUT=50

[LOD_2]
FILE=corvette_dp_d_hd_low.kn5
IN=50
OUT=2000

known issues with defender false flagging for this, people reporting jpg's and even text files are being flagged as infected ;) Microsoft.. tsk tsk..
Use 7zip to recompress and have a look, or submit the file to norton to test.

https://www.infobyte.hr/blog/703/fa...aml-detection-on-docx-xlsx-pdf-and-zip-files/
PC knowledge is not my strongest point, so a question:
Defender doesn't let me download the file, at least it removes it before I even get a chance to look at it. How do I use 7zip to recompress ?

PC knowledge is not my strongest point, so a question:
Defender doesn't let me download the file, at least it removes it before I even get a chance to look at it. How do I use 7zip to recompress ?
Right click on the file - 7 zip - Add to archive - name the file - ok

It will save in the specified location, zipped and good to go.

Attachments

• RTW_ARG_95_2flag.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 23
  • RTW_TUR_15.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 25
  • RTW_ARG_95.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Attachments

• acs 2021-02-23 21-12-08.png
    acs 2021-02-23 21-12-08.png
    59.2 KB · Views: 34
  • acs 2021-02-23 21-11-52.png
    acs 2021-02-23 21-11-52.png
    54.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back