Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,795 comments
This is improving. The extremely tall corner cones need to be cleaned up to remove the strange "shadows" and probably reduced in size some, though IRL they seem to use larger corner cones for this track for visibility. All the squat fat cones should be replaced as well with more realistic cones, and for runoff areas, invisible collideable walls need to be removed and the surfaces in those areas configured to be of off track and impose penalties. If the smaller balloons are kept in this mod, I suggest adding ropes so they appear "anchored" in place. It'd be cool if they react to the wind though, if that's even possible.

I know this will involve more work, but it's a fun fast indy track where you can constantly improve lap times, and the environment and experience is getting closer to the real thing. Even the bumpiness is about right... but oh those cones. They have an impact on the realism of this mod.

very familar looking track , i did start working on updating it , made better cones an new racewalls for the whole circuit , smoothed sum of the bumps into the last chicane , new textures for the surface an better billboards . these things take on a life of there own

The world has gone quite mad. The cult of celebrity has got a lot to answer for and it's yet another reason to fear for the long-term future of our species.

(edit: and before anyone pipes up this isn't a direct attack on Jimmy Broadbent or any of the other YouTube celebrities. It's more a comment on the general stupidity of Joe Public).

All just as predicted by the billiant and prescient book by Neil Postman, written well before the internet even existed....

First.jpg

And Aldous Huxley knew what was coming too...

1.jpg
2.jpg

3.jpg

Sorry to go so 'off topic', but this is an important topic if our species is to survive.

EDIT: Just to be clear. I think sim racing is a much healthier 'distraction' than most others. On the other hand, watching too much crap TV and soaking yourself in 'celebrity culture' is about as healthy as having crack for breakfast.

Last edited:
BTW - Downunder had its 1st V8 Supercars race for 2021 over the weekend at Mount Panarama (Bathurst), and without Scottie (currently in the USA trying out the Indycar series - hope he does well)... In his absence, the doors have been left wide-open for current and upcoming drivers to take the helm...

@ClaudioWRC74 and other interested GTP members that have acquired the Newcastle 500 2019 paid-mod track, may be interested to know that I've been working tediously over the last four weeks on improving this track (not-3D-related). And after countless attempts of creating and testing, believe I may have cracked it...

For those that have the track, you may have noticed the AI has major issues exiting and entering the pit area - colliding with walls, creating chaos at turn 1, and also during some turns around the city streets... In most instances, the AI over-runs those important turns, causing additional and unnecessary chaos...

So far, the work remains WIP and is currently being thoroughly tested (when time allows that is).

New features include:
- AI lines (pit and fast lanes)
- track side-lines (necessary evil to keep the V8's in order)
- track-lighting for evening racing
- rain FX (of course)
- several replay cameras to taste
- grass FX (still to review if required)

There are 6 short videos on YT for those members that would like to know how the updates/testing has been progressing thus far - enjoy.

I spent like two nights trying to fix up a few things and got nowhere. I'm stoked to hear you're working on it.

I spent like two nights trying to fix up a few things and got nowhere. I'm stoked to hear you're working on it.

Over the course of four weeks, think I've spat the dummy a few times when things just don't work as meant to... I'm sure you may be familiar with that feeling... So many trials and errors, just to get to this point... But now, happy smiles thus far...

Its not bad, but also not a very good Forza convert either. some shaders are quite off and brakes are not even position correctly. I don't think this will last very long on RD.

Recently Racing department has been far more lenient about what they allow to be posted. Case in point the R13 I updated has not been deleted.

Back to mods, did more racing with the VRC ByCollin, Peugeot905's Rebellion R13 and the GTP DPi with Kunos' LMP1 cars(using NAGP? Sebring). I think VRC car balances pretty much perfectly(98-100% AI) with the 2016 919 Hybrid. The DPi is potentially too fast(I had to manually set the AI level to slower using ~94%, I think it can probably go to 96%, this this with 919 AI at 100%). Rebellion has to be slowed down as well( I ended up with 92% AI and also had to add ballast and restrictor, the AI can go like 1:39s if left untouched, I've not done faster than 1:42s without doing any real setup in the car, I can do 1:43s consistently in the Porsche/VRC cars). I had like 4-5 laps of the race in the beginning where the cars were doing nose to tail like this with me in the Porsche, it was pretty fun.

ACtC-3e5dUL9wIU4PRBlW95pcRrEGczLKCWqbTfTl93DbpvZugfjnN8usUvNa8vmyojAIhp-B2L_WhHGJOeCb35E7BNnwn-586jUYNiUYk_4JAGZJeMqFA6TLFjYxsFfuJ0I8ZOl2FhRKSPY9F3yvH7t2eqKcQ=w2560-h1440-no

ACtC-3dsXrVW6sepwAKliL-DJC9_xs5PhXs1hoR5-rrVv54XOqLDHZQaD2xwmlb5qlnkI6q89WAI2Rg7Nvbso8P3zJ4ZvZFgLRwjmNOKifstZj36lo4e1dBpKq_kV6NOgBrq46-BKK_ElgP6UnAN9IKeXhm4GA=w2560-h1440-no
What BOP did you put on the Rebellion?

Maybe you're too old to "get" YouTube.

Ha. I'm just getting ready to post a video on youtube called: 'Reacting to JP Sarti's 'Maybe you're Too Old To Get Youtube?' comment. There will also be a link with the video to my 'influencer' page where I show off my new collagen/carbon fibre composite lip-implant-airbags.

Click here to subscribe. :yuck:

Last edited:
Ha. I'm just getting ready to post a video on youtube called: 'Reacting to JP Sarti's 'Maybe you're Too Old To Get Youtube?' comment. There will also be a link with the video to my 'influencer' page where I show off my new collagen/carbon fibre composite lip-implant-airbags.

Mmh interesting, are you on OnlyFans like @MrB00 ?asking for a friend.

Last edited:

Fancy doing a live stream together? We could earn so much i reckon..me in my pants (undies for anyone not in the uk) playing Project Cars 3, and you with your new airbags out....

and it seems @kimiraik is onto us lol

I apologize, but I had to reupload the Pescarolos, as I forgot to clear the folders from old sfx files, thus "overweighting" the download.
Neilb's Pescarolo Sport rework v0.25:
View attachment 994713

Download(405mb)

And here are all the Orecas I've made so far.
Neilb's Oreca 03 rework v0.1:
View attachment 994712

Download(290mb)

As always, all credit goes to original creators and NeilB1971. If theres something wrong with it, let me know and I will try to fix it. Cheers:cheers:

Nicely done Kamil I think we can all agree yours and @Peugeot905 reworks of mods have been amazing they Literally make these cars drive pretty damn amazing. I can't wait for your next rework of LMPs I really do wonder what it will be now.

BTW - Downunder had its 1st V8 Supercars race for 2021 over the weekend at Mount Panorama (Bathurst), and without Scottie (currently in the USA trying out the Indycar series - hope he does well)... In his absence, the doors have been left wide-open for current and upcoming drivers to take the helm...

@ClaudioWRC74 and other interested GTP members that have acquired the Newcastle 500 2019 paid-mod track, may be interested to know that I've been working tediously over the last four weeks on improving this track (not-3D-related). And after countless attempts of creating and testing, believe I may have cracked it...

For those that have the track, you may have noticed the AI has major issues exiting and entering the pit area - colliding with walls, creating chaos at turn 1, and also during some turns around the city streets... In most instances, the AI over-runs those important turns, causing additional and unnecessary chaos...

So far, the work remains WIP and is currently being thoroughly tested (when time allows that is).

New features include:
- AI lines (pit and fast lanes)
- track side-lines (necessary evil to keep the V8's in order)
- track-lighting for evening racing
- rain FX (of course)
- several replay cameras to taste
- grass FX (still to review if required)

There are 6 short videos on YT for those members that would like to know how the updates/testing has been progressing thus far - enjoy.

The track is just super awesome! I with Gold Coast has same quality =))

Yes, it's very good. Just lapped Hockenheim 1988 a few time with it.
I wonder though if there's a collider issue, as I'm getting more banging and sparks than I'd expect.

Direct download link (but be sure to visit the site).

View attachment 994657

@GzeroD Your mods are so good. I know it's been mentioned before, but anything to make it easier to navigate the site, find the download links, and check for updates would make it so much easier to get to them, and get more benefit from your site. It's even a little confusing in its' current form. I know, it takes some time and work to change things, and there's always those that resist change and complain.

I think that's the Porsche 962 CK6. Or well it looks like it at least...

maxresdefault.jpg

Nice. Nefarious ideologies aside, I find machines like that fascinating. Shame it's perhaps too big and bulky to be used in pretty much any track, AVUS included.

Mmh interesting, are you on OnlyFans like @MrB00 ?asking for a friend.

Excuse Me. I am far too influential an influencer to be on OnlyFans. If you don't believe me, just watch my youtube video called 'Xezez Reacts to OnlyFans Unboxing Meltdown Video'.

The video has so many hits that youtube had to take the counter offline in case other people got so depressed by how fabulous my life is that they decided to quit their TikTokDoGram account permanently. I guess not everyone is as naturally amazing as me. :dopey:

Fancy doing a live stream together? We could earn so much i reckon..me in my pants (undies for anyone not in the uk) playing Project Cars 3, and you with your new airbags out....

and it seems @kimiraik is onto us lol

As if. Your undies videos are just SO 2020 – and I'm just far too amazing to be THAT last year. Don't you know I was nominated for a Nobel Youtube Prize? :P

Last edited:
This thread moves REALLY fast.

Anyone with the V8 Supercars mod that can point me in the direction of some suspension settings?
Still need.

This is officially my new favorite thing. But I'm stuck in the 2:13's because the car is WAY too free on corner exit. No confidence. Also, this mod needs the pops on the gear changes then it would be perfect.

Still need.

This is officially my new favorite thing. But I'm stuck in the 2:13's because the car is WAY too free on corner exit. No confidence. Also, this mod needs the pops on the gear changes then it would be perfect.

IDK what that mod allows but front-engined rear wheel drive loose on exit how to:

Reduce Rear Ride Height
Reduce Front Rebound Damping

Diff settings? decrease diff power (but not enough to make the car one wheel peel on exit).

IDK what that mod allows but front-engined rear wheel drive loose on exit how to:

Reduce Rear Ride Height
Reduce Front Rebound Damping

Diff settings? decrease diff power (but not enough to make the car one wheel peel on exit).
I don't think it allows diff settings to be changed but I'll try the others.

Nicely done Kamil I think we can all agree yours and @Peugeot905 reworks of mods have been amazing they Literally make these cars drive pretty damn amazing. I can't wait for your next rework of LMPs I really do wonder what it will be now.

Its actually @Peugeot905 reworks that made me trying it mself. I am aware there are many people out here, who would do these reworks far better. If I would know how to, I would gladly make the models at GT Sport level and all... but still having lots of fun doing it and this forum's feedback makes me improve, thank You.

Anyway, I am into the Acura/HPD cars now, along with few others like assettoland's Ligier JSP2 and Zytek Z11SN.

I don't think it allows diff settings to be changed but I'll try the others.

with limited messing around and not really knowing what i'm doing driving a RHD car + bathurst i managed a 2:11.9. Biggest thing i will say is that you have to let the tires warm for a lap before giving it a real hard go. and on top of this you have to remember it's a big heavy v8 with tons of horsepower being transferred to the rear wheels. the more patient you are with the throttle and squeezing on the power, the better off you'll be.

Attachments

• bathurst.PNG
    bathurst.PNG
    78 KB · Views: 24
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back