Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,797 comments
With CM, CSP and SOL, AC looks very different, but at the same time, update after update, lately, it started to look weird, unnatural, too many artifacts. Like when someone put too much make up. The immersion started to suffer.
What would be the best and easiest way to revert to vanilla AC, I am really curious to see what it looks like without the make up.

With CM, CSP and SOL, AC looks very different, but at the same time, update after update, lately, it started to look weird, unnatural, too many artifacts. Like when someone put too much make up. The immersion started to suffer.
What would be the best and easiest way to revert to vanilla AC, I am really curious to see what it looks like without the make up.
A fresh install. lol
If your AC looks overprocessed and bad, maybe it's your filter/graphics mod....

Last edited:
Shadowplay has/had* a known bug with 32:9 HQ support. When you select 1440p it does not start recording anymore. You have to manually set it to 1080p and then it works again. So if you also have an UW monitor (e.g. Samsung C49RG90) this is probably the case for you.

*Recent weeks I have not tested anymore due to lack of time. So not sure if the most recent NVidia driver solved this?
I didn't know about that bug so nice one and thank you. I'll reinstall it and try it with 1080p. I do have a 1440p monitor so I set it to record native resolution.
I also haven't updated my nvidia driver as last one I tried pretty much killed all my peripherals and I couldn't boot into windows. Need to go check to see if the latest one is ok now.

You can untick CSP and turn off SOL right in Content Manager I believe. I've tried it too.
Not 100% sure if that completely get's rid of all of it but it was vanilla AC as far as I was concerned. The FPS skyrocketed. lol

after i lost my PC (virus) I had AC on Vanilla.. for one race.. installed cm/csp/sol in a hurry.

You can untick CSP and turn off SOL right in Content Manager I believe. I've tried it too.
Not 100% sure if that completely get's rid of all of it but it was vanilla AC as far as I was concerned. The FPS skyrocketed. lol

Thank's, just did that untick CSP, disabled SOL mod, changed the PP filter, unselected the CSP apps.
It kind of confirmed what I was suspecting. Lately I have been annoyed by a lot of artifacts, they are gone now, back to what AC looks like, not spectacular but believable.
And yes rock solid 90fps in VR.
I will run like that for a while.

Last edited:
Working on a new project...

My studio of three people are in the early stages of 3d modelling this beast of a car, the 1937 Mercedes Benz W25 Streamliner which won the 1937 Avus Grand Prix.

Future updates on the mod and eventually the links to the finished mod will all be posted on my youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYAoJdnJnwUYsg9pl9PJDbQ

Also other vintage & classic cars are in the works if you love that kind of stuff... one from 1886... another from 1906... another from 1972...

Can't say no to these beasts ! Would love to see these in AC :

82381.jpg

auto-union-rekordwagen-n-4-1935-143-brumm-r108.jpg

Fascinating machines. And the #4 was one of my fav mod in NFS : High Stakes

Last edited:
Well said and worth sharing

Saw that, really like 604 . There was a very slight shudder in me that it could wake the beast.
As we well know they like to exploit rules and give strikes to people who disagree with them.
Which is why i guess GTP stays well clear of allowing their 'mods' offered up for free on here.

Also worth noting that if you are ripping stuff from rf1 rf2 modders and putting it on patreon for money then you are the same.....
Don't care how you dress it up....

Last edited:
Saw that, really like 604 . There was a very slight shudder in me that it could wake the beast.
As we well know they like to exploit rules and give strikes to people who disagree with them.
Which is why i guess GTP stays well clear of allowing their 'mods' offered up for free on here.
What kind of strikes? :confused: Will they ban me from future purchases? I guess I'll just have to be satisfied with all zero products I've purchased from them.

What kind of strikes? :confused: Will they ban me from future purchases? I guess I'll just have to be satisfied with all zero products I've purchased from them.

They did strikes against someone on here's YT channel for reviewing a mod that they claimed was theirs...

I just purchased a hill climb track and 'donated' his fee of 6 euro's and i've had nothing yet....
Got a track from superstage and got download link straight after payment....

Its this guy..... I'll give it a few days but so far not impressed.

https://valeriomagliano3.wixsite.com/assettocorsatrack/download-track

That's youtube copyright strikes he's referring to. They have a pretty backwards "guilty until proven innocent" system on that platform where any dubious third party can copyright claim your videos for no good reason and have them taken down/demonetized (at least temporarily) pretty easily.

Last edited:
There was a very slight shudder in me that it could wake the beast.
As we well know they like to exploit rules and give strikes to people who disagree with them
I almost didn't post this video, but I suppose even if it incurs some level of wrath from the SD team, I'm willing to fall on that sword. I was contacted by a friend of my channel who happens to be among the most talented modders in the community in my opinion, and he is at the end of his rope with SD. He's asked for his work to be removed, and they ignore him. He and so many other talented people deserve better based on how much they've given the AC community over many years, so I think it's best that I do what I can.

Well said and worth sharing
Thanks for the share my man!

I almost didn't post this video, but I suppose even if it incurs some level of wrath from the SD team, I'm willing to fall on that sword. I was contacted by a friend of my channel who happens to be among the most talented modders in the community in my opinion, and he is at the end of his rope with SD. He's asked for his work to be removed, and they ignore him. He and so many other talented people deserve better based on how much they've given the AC community over many years, so I think it's best that I do what I can.

Thanks for the share my man!

I sure hope you don't get a copyright strike, but either way, there is an easy solution to simdream and RTM, just leak everything they have and continue to do so until they cease to exist.

thanks, this version is definitely the best,
only flaw it has compared to the other version:

the road surface is too smooth and flat (unreal for an airport) there must be many harder bumps

Cleveland Burke Lakefront Airport alternative version

original rf2 track by Fab

Screenshot-champ-car-2008-burke-lakefront-airport-5-2-121-19-47-54.jpg

Screenshot-cart-2005-burke-lakefront-airport-5-2-121-19-53-44.jpg
Screenshot-cart-2005-burke-lakefront-airport-5-2-121-19-43-50.jpg

HONDA NSX GT3 2016 — HONDA EVO 2019: SPRINT/ENDURANCE ACC, UPDATE V1.8.1

CHANGELOG:

V1.8.1

— fixed Honda GT3 EVO Sprint LODA blur rims transparency
(you don't see the issue, unless you use an older version of CSP, apparently)

_Download FULL V1.8.1 link

_Download kn5 file for the EVO Sprint only
Great job on this mod, do you have any interest in having this ported to rF2? I would be interested in having this done if I can get your permission. Thanks in advance!

This is a very good version. The road mesh needs to be "bumpier" as this track, being on airport runways, was notoriously bumpy. Add that and a racing groove and this would be really good.

When I see these cars ... the memory of the Papyrus game comes to mind, with the official narration saying: "I'm Paul Page, this is IndyCar Racing 2 is from Papyrus", or something like that ...

That's youtube copyright strikes he's referring to. They have a pretty backwards "guilty until proven innocent" system on that platform where any dubious third party can copyright claim your videos for no good reason and have them taken down/demonetized (at least temporarily) pretty easily.
No download link in the video. No content shown in the video. It will be hell on Earth if this video gets a YT strike.

No download link in the video. No content shown in the video. It will be hell on Earth if this video gets a YT strike.

& @SimRacing604

The problem with Youtube is that they almost instantly take down a video if there's a copyright claim, even if it's totally bogus, and the channel's owner has to dispute it. Scamdream may try to do this. In this case, if this video received such a claim, the video would be reinstated... IF someone at Youtube actually looked at the claim and dispute. I would start out a video like this with a statement like, "This video does not contain any copyrighted content. It is a review of a company that allegedly takes content from others, and sells it as their own." ...or at the very least, place it at the beginning of the description.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back