• 130,790 comments
Ferrari 488 Challenge v0.9

https://mega.nz/file/SgRQHTrY#gjmHMJAWWshk1r79Gnow7PC9GAIsAo4d7-fX4_Meq1w

still need:
-correct physics
-some liveries

DON'T EDIT WITHOUT ASKING, thanks

Screenshot_l_ferrari_488_challenge_mugello_11-3-121-14-54-0.png

Welp, RaceDepartment has a new look. Love the logomark by itself. Not so sure I like the new logotype over the old, though. It will take some time to get used to, and I'm sure I will, but the old one had such instant recognizability and had a unique, somewhat friendly character for the space. The new one makes me feel like I'd be too nervous to ask for its autograph. In time, I'll learn to like it but, for now: goodbye, old friend.

Classic:
View attachment 1003664

New:

View attachment 1003665

The new, wafer-thin, san-serif, almost-illegible typeface; just what these old eyes needed.

TRACK UPDATE by CrisT86

- New EXT_CONFIG featuring RainFX, GrassFX, LightFX
- Track Skin
- TV Cams (2 Sets, 4 FOVs for a total of 8 variants) for the Albacete track shared by @ZombieBoy1978

DOWNLOAD
In ext_config.ini I deleted line 25 (EXPOSURE_FIX = 1.0) since that prevents SOL config app to change track exposure.
But even with the track a bit darker the grass is too bright (at least on my system).
I have not tried tinkering with the values because I have no clue what I am doing, but could that be made a bit darker/greener so it looks like grass ?
I know that over there in Spain grass usually isn't exactly lush green, but...:D

grasslike.png

I always base my edits and config on the SOL PP i used and nothing is overexposed, so everything depends on the PP you use

Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.04.11 - 16.18.13.95.png

Last edited:
I always base my edits and config on the SOL PP i used and nothing is overexposed, so everything depends on the PP you use

View attachment 1003707
Yeah, which is why SOL config app, gives the opportunity to change values, depending on the used system.
Anyway, if the pic above shows the grass on your system, please compare it to the grass IRL at Albacete:

d0ce404ddcf33b3653f7defef96dbbd1.jpg

9EB67EFC-9E77-1688-90C6D1540A25CD88.jpg

The new, wafer-thin, san-serif, almost-illegible typeface; just what these old eyes needed.
Indeed, btw dark mode isn't working anymore, which makes it even worse for me...
I hope that will be activated again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, which is why SOL config app, gives the opportunity to change values, depending on the used system.
Anyway, if the pic above shows the grass on your system, please compare it to the grass IRL at Albacete:

View attachment 1003708

View attachment 1003709

It's going to be a tough one to get right. Albacete is about 90% dried dirt / sand and about 10% lush, green grass.
It might be easier to just go to the real world track itself with a lawnmower and correct that!

@Fanapryde the grass colour is set by the texture itself, so basically, we need a new ground (green) grass texture in order to have more green grass, nothing that can be done quickly, at least i don't know a solution to fix the grass colour via ext_config

It's going to be a tough one to get right. Albacete is about 90% dried dirt / sand and about 10% lush, green grass.
It might be easier to just go to the real world track itself with a lawnmower and correct that!
It’s most probably impossible, but my point was that the grass that has been added to the track looks nothing like grass and is a bit sore on the eye.
But no prob, I will remove the grassFX and see how that looks.

It’s most probably impossible, but my point was that the grass that has been added to the track looks nothing like grass and is a bit sore on the eye.
But no prob, I will remove the grassFX and see how that looks.

I'll hold off uploading the final version. I want to release it when everyone is happy with it.
@CrisT86 did a good job with it (and everything else) but I'm wondering if there is a one-size-fits-all solution?

EDIT: I could look for a different ground texture, but I'm not sure how successful I would be. I'll give it a try.

EDIT 2: I've just watched a fast lap on YouTube and it seems that, at certain times of the year, the track has more grass than dirt. So we may be in luck...

Last edited:
I see, but the problem is that the timing also starts on that spot, not in front of the boxes where the real start/finish is (and where the track counter starts).
And there are no rolling starts in AC...;)

Edit: this track is haunted...
After installing the new camera.ini and the sections file, the timing now starts at the correct spot !? :mischievous:
In a race, start is still where a rolling start is initiated, timing starts there too, but after one lap timing is registered in front of the boxes.
Can You shared this?

I hope not, cos it's ugly AF :lol:

Your avatar too.

Welp, RaceDepartment has a new look. Love the logomark by itself. Not so sure I like the new logotype over the old, though. It will take some time to get used to, and I'm sure I will, but the old one had such instant recognizability and had a unique, somewhat friendly character for the space. The new one makes me feel like I'd be too nervous to ask for its autograph. In time, I'll learn to like it but, for now: goodbye, old friend.

Classic:
View attachment 1003664

New:

View attachment 1003665

This thread's name is 'Assetto Corsa PC Mods General Discussion'
and not what is happening at RaceDepartment logo site. I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Albacete 0.9 aka 'The Fanapryde Fix'.

@CrisT86 Do you need to upload a new grass fx config? I'm not sure how that side of things works.

@Fanapryde I hope this looks better for you. I'm not promising it looks like Earth grass, but I've tried to find a compromise.

Link updated: https://www.mediafire.com/file/7m758ynw2fw9h9j/albacete.rar/file

What a nice surprise. You did a great job on this one. Didn`t know Marquez rode there and its used in several bike races.

Generally track is very solid but if you want to further improve I noticed two aspects.

First thing is that curbs and boards are not only white and red but in fact majority of them is imitating spanish flag. Just add some yellow and this would increase immersion.

Second thing is that on straight after T11 there is much more trees. Rest is ok but in that place its noticable.

Link to the onboard

It looks very similar in 2020 videos

I don`t have that much issue with grass but still tad greener would be welcomed. I didn`t noticed any change in this aspect after last update.

One more time many thanks for this track !!

Last edited:
What a nice surprise. You did a great job on this one. Didn`t know Marquez rode there and its used in several bike races.

Generally track is very solid but if you want to further improve I noticed two aspects.

First thing is that curbs and boards are not only white and red but in fact majority of them is imitating spanish flag. Just add some yellow and this would increase immersion.

Second thing is that on straight after T11 there is much more trees. Rest is ok but in that place its noticable.

Link to the onboard

I don`t have that much issue with grass but still tad greener would be welcomed. I didn`t noticed any change in this aspect after last update.

One more time many thanks for this track !!

The curbs are something I'd noticed. I'll have a go at changing them before I release the final version. Removing the trees is a bit beyond my expertise as this involves editing the 3D model.

Hopefully the grass is better than it was. I'm just waiting for feedback from @Fanapryde on that. I'm trying to find a compromise between something that looks good while keeping the general ambience of how the track looks for most of the year (dry grass, dirt and sand).

I'm glad you're enjoying what I've done with it so far

CIRCUITO DE ALBACETE 1.0 - Final Version aka the 'I've taken this as far as I can' version.

Isn't it amazing what you can do in a weekend?

In this final version, I've added a few finishing touches and (hopefully) put everything where it needs to be.

Big thanks to @CrisT86 for his ext config, replay cams and alternate skin.

Link below. Enjoy :)

HIEmdSvFN-FUnIRDFm-qdk1rVRwBYSRDwGBsGIpi-u8HEA3vG2Zb8LpO3qJ2LD4d_HGDICY=s151

nB-e8h9w5z5kfEhg81_K_bDw7ERO0OWos7YUgRroCRhUbhg9cSPmMYjSdeA7M1HQGp0PTA=s151

https://www.mediafire.com/file/7m758ynw2fw9h9j/albacete.rar/file

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back