Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,790 comments
As I am banned from Racedepartment, I post this here.

g7ai.jpg

Mid-Ohio (work in progress)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/dof1bb674mb4jgw/d7fox_mid_ohio.rar/file
9tpr.jpg
Other stuff coming, have fun!
Looks good.
I have an issue though: driving on the straight between Keyhole and Kink the Honda control tower (?) appears in parts. The top part is visible and coming closer the others parts show up.
I remember Zwiss's version having the same issue in the beginning, but was fixed afterwards.

More a "fake" car to test, Lotus 40 Ford V8 from 1965. From the McLaren CanAm by Legion I made this simple skin, changing the car name as always for the content manager to recognize, later going to the track being driven by legendary Jim Clark ".

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1618778807.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1618778807.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 41
  • __custom_showroom_1618778816.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1618778816.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 38
  • __custom_showroom_1618778921.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1618778921.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 36
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 38
Sachsenring free with kunos quality and this 3€...

And it's a bargain; thoroughly recommend this Posillipo, Napoli track to anyone on the fence. By all means if you think Sachsenring is worth more, donate €5 or more to Gunnar.

More a "fake" car to test, Lotus 40 Ford V8 from 1965. From the McLaren CanAm by Legion I made this simple skin, changing the car name as always for the content manager to recognize, later going to the track being driven by legendary Jim Clark ".

Man, you have timing... I think @GzeroD is working on the PC2 convert of the Lotus at the moment!

Last edited:
i have also a little request/suggestion to improve your skin. is it possible for you put white arrows in the green surface outside kubs like here

View attachment 1005331

in the same way like redbull ring skin finded in racedepartment?
View attachment 1005343

thanks a lot!
Hi, believe me both issues have been looked at. The curbs texture is just one texture which mirror left to right in certain places, wasn't an issue on the original texture as they were red / white squares. As for the triangles, they don't work because of texture repeat at all different angles. If I paint the triangles to one only curb texture they display correct only in one small area and are rotated, stretched and bent across all others. Imola is the worst track for it. Believe me my attention to details is very high and I try all the possibilities and try so squeeze as much in as possible. Hope that answers the issues for you. The curb triangles were missed off last years skin. They would have to be edited in at model level but that would render the track useless online.

Hi, believe me both issues have been looked at. The curbs texture is just one texture which mirror left to right in certain places, wasn't an issue on the original texture as they were red / white squares. As for the triangles, they don't work because of texture repeat at all different angles. If I paint the triangles to one only curb texture they display correct only in one small area and are rotated, stretched and bent across all others. Imola is the worst track for it. Believe me my attention to details is very high and I try all the possibilities and try so squeeze as much in as possible. Hope that answers the issues for you. The curb triangles were missed off last years skin. They would have to be edited in at model level but that would render the track useless online.

ok, got it, thanks for the reply. Maybe could be an idea, using Imola revised track (you can find it here)
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/imola-rev-2019-2020-ed.31469/
which include 2 version of the track, the “revised” and the “normal” (for online), you could modify the revised one at model level to insert white arrows (and maybe fix other little issues). So with this Imola mod and your skin (that is already fully compatible with this mod as i already test it) we could have a perfect offline version of the track and also an online working version of it..
What do you think?

Last edited:
Alright so with no real skinning experience I decided I wanted the '21 DTM grid in AC..... is there a way to add the full fledged carbon texture with the texture that comes from the normal map I think to the AMG GT3 2020 extension? I've finally gotten the logos I need and stuff for the skin I'm working on but instead of being black the back 75% of the car is supposed to be bare carbon but this cars base is a metallic black paint so I can't just leave the skin blank where I want carbon like I thought I could. Also is there a way to add in the ext.ini shiny-ness (I think it's called specular mapping or something like that)

Here's a preview so people maybe answer :lol:

Assetto Corsa Super-Resolution 2021.04.18 - 17.54.58.66.png

Thank you for ignoring my question. I have no FB account and I'll not register to your forum. It's not worth it as all your mods seem to be only average and mostly unfinished. Nobody should pay for it.
At first the most are crying, because we were at first only a FB group where only the updates, news and downloads could be found, then we did the step and created a forum and homepage where you can find all the downloads, news and updates now, but still crying, because you need to register. wtf?

And if its not worth, why are you asking about updates then?

Last edited:
And it's a bargain; thoroughly recommend this Posillipo, Napoli track to anyone on the fence. By all means if you think Sachsenring is worth more, donate €5 or more to Gunnar.

Man, you have timing... I think @GzeroD is working on the PC2 convert of the Lotus at the moment!

Yes, I am always monitoring the 4 main sites: GTPlanet, Perendinator, RaceDepartment and AssettoLand ... I'm filling in my GRIDS for LeMans. I just took the Lotus 23b and transformed it into the Cooper t49 Monaco and Le Mans 1959. It is a good exercise, of course it is not the real cars, but to have fun on the track, it is worth it. I have yet to make the pre-F1 pack (1932-1938) that I owe to a friend here in the group. Most cars we have available, and what you don’t have, you’ll have “fake cars”.

Wish I could have used your experiences as an excuse to skip school-class back in the day... That would have been an outlandish moment to say the least..

After so much illusive-injury sustained, are you having any issues with the track itself? BTW, Wacky Races still is a fav show to indulge in, and the mutt gets it...

Also a heads up, the Oran Park Lidar version track on RD is imho, a bloody fantastic replica version of the real thing - used to go there as a youngster to watch the V8s and TC races, greet drivers/teams in the pit area, and being at awe seeing those racing cars up close - those were happier days.

Oran Park LiDAR | RaceDept

Currently in the process of updating it with the usual SFX features...
View attachment 1005251

If anyone else has not yet tried it yet, then give it a go... Perhaps even worthy of an online Hotlap week-event sometime down the road/track (no pun intended)...

Oran Park has fond memories for me as well. The F5000s, Moffat, Geoghegan and the porsches. The Ansett Charger and Frank Gardner's, Chev Corvair not to mention Harry Lefoe's Hillman Imp!

I though that 'Princess Bride' Itasha avatars were also not allowed due to their suspected use in promoting underage naughtiness. :P

#princessbrideitahsapizzagate
Can we not start a flame war of some sorts in this thread already...?

Lighten up Jdramirez. It was a joke... as was the meme that you complained about. Or aren't we allowed to have a joke either?

:cheers:
If it has nothing to do with AC & its modding community, then thats a red flag in the race. I just drive cars in games.

Now look, this isn't a ****posting or a off-topic thread, its a modding discussion thread. & yet i don't know how to port cars or make one myself. I only make skins for cars, mostly itashas.

& speaking of itashas, it looks like there isn't any new ones since i checked on RaceDepartment. All i see is just skins for the RSS Formula Hybrid 2021, which i do not have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back