Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,702 comments
Don't bother downgrading like i said it's meant to be the 2019 spec of the cars. The ginetta was on par with the toyota and rebellion in times but it was just unreliable

I mean, we all saw that with testing , the Ginetta would have been better than the Oreca and the SMP, at Le Mans it was obvious when the car made more than 3 laps, the cornering speed was very very good. On site we said that, such a shame the lack of funding.
I'm perfectly ok with the performance delta, but for the moment, and in waiting of having the SMP, we can't really race the two cars for ai runs, it's more enjoyable to have smallergap than in reality.
Same I discovered that the ai.ini file, was really strange, no diffusor, very small wings etc, it's look like a bit messy.

Last edited:
ACTK 67 Machwerk v1.2
Update Grass and trees

Download: http://www.assetto-fr.tk/AC-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1135

Screenshot_ferrari_458_gt2_actk_67machwerk_20-3-121-20-28-11.jpg

Screenshot_ferrari_458_gt2_actk_67machwerk_20-3-121-20-27-13.jpg
This looks really good ! And quite an interesting track, never tried before.
But can be something done with it, changing the road texture or i dont know but it is not smooth. Its annoyingly spotty, is it because where the repeating textures meet ? Its not uniform.

I mean, we all saw that with testing , the Ginetta was better than the Oreca and the SMP, at Le Mans it was obvious when the car made more than 3 laps, the cornering speed was very very good. On site we said that, such a shame the lack of funding.
I'm perfectly ok with the performance delta, but for the moment, and in waiting of having the SMP, we can't really race the two cars for ai runs, it's more enjoyable to have smallergap than in reality.
Same I discovered that the ai.ini file, was really strange, no diffusor, very small wings etc, it's look like a bit messy.
That's the version I have yes. I took the AC Cobra 289 here after spending some time at Bridgehampton, and it was so striking how much less we could feel the terrain. If it was to be scaled Machwerk would be closer to Catalunya circuit of Barcelona in term of bumpiness and elevation change road feel. I reckon it's not meant to be that way, is it really hard to add more feel to the wheel FFB accordingly to the visuals of the layout?

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had Autumn Ring with the update included? I looked on racedepartment but it's no longer on there. Its the one with 4 layouts and updated asphalt. Thanks

Last edited:
Bruce Kelt makes big buses.

Released.
1983 Scania K112CL (Nielson Diplomata 380)
Built In: Brazil
Spec:
Diesel Engine Turbocharged with 307hp & 1235 Nm with 2600 RPM Redline.
6-Speed Manual....
11.05 Ton Weight (Cuz it's an Coach)
Features: Doors Animation, Rain FX Support, Lightings.
Credits
Physics: Mixed
Sounds: Myself
Model: Converted from OMSI 2
Download: https://mega.nz/file/TkJGyRxB...
175453872_3980240022034612_1294594711523714938_n.jpg

175549255_3980240255367922_8151578491830176095_n.jpg

Don't bother downgrading like i said it's meant to be the 2019 spec of the cars. The ginetta was on par with the toyota and rebellion in times but it was just unreliable
I would not say it was unreliable, it was just struggling with tire wear and consistency. Also Charlie Robertsons collision with Senna at Bahrain in 2019 could have thrown away a potential big result.

I remember watching that live, I raged soooo hard at the stupidity. Literally with the aco BOP system, the G60 had its best ever chance to win a race in WEC and bottled it at the first corner 🤬:banghead: turned it off after that. Fun fact, the G60 was also a jet in a straight line such a shame we didnt get too see it at Le Mans. Everytime Tomlinson and the team kept re-negging on saying they would show up, I hated them even more. Literally prioritized a national junior championship over the magnificence of Le Mans and WEC. Their car probably wouldve been a podium contender too.

We can only hope now that someone will buy the cars, and keep them racing as a historic piece. Such a shame someone like Penske or Andretti didnt buy them, just to advertise their teams for this season in WEC, considering ACO is still allowing the LMP1 cars.

Anyways, onto the next underdog car. The Glickenhaus, and im already disappointed. Not showing at Spa, although apparently spitting the dummy because they weren't originally on the WEC event poster. Trying to make the car as competitive as possible by gaming the system & the fans who are looking forward too it.

I mean who wouldnt, its such a beautiful looking car and sounds amazing
sgc-007-lmh.jpg

Bruce Kelt makes big buses.

Released.
1983 Scania K112CL (Nielson Diplomata 380)
Built In: Brazil
Spec:
Diesel Engine Turbocharged with 307hp & 1235 Nm with 2600 RPM Redline.
6-Speed Manual....
11.05 Ton Weight (Cuz it's an Coach)
Features: Doors Animation, Rain FX Support, Lightings.
Credits
Physics: Mixed
Sounds: Myself
Model: Converted from OMSI 2
Download: https://mega.nz/file/TkJGyRxB...
175453872_3980240022034612_1294594711523714938_n.jpg

175549255_3980240255367922_8151578491830176095_n.jpg

Is that a double decker coach bus? :boggled:

And that ladies and gentlemen is how it's done :D

View attachment 984340

View attachment 984341

View attachment 984342

Now to shelve this for a while and finish of a lot of stuff I need to finish before the end of the month, i'll resume this in February.

Thanks everyone for the help :) :bowdown:

View attachment 984345
61 likes for your original post, @pk3r72owns. Don't think for one minute that any of us have forgotten about it..!
;)
(seriously though... any further progress in the past three+ months for this much-anticipated track?)

Last edited:
I mean, we all saw that with testing , the Ginetta would have been better than the Oreca and the SMP, at Le Mans it was obvious when the car made more than 3 laps, the cornering speed was very very good. On site we said that, such a shame the lack of funding.

remember it didn't race at le mans in 2019 and in 2018 it was a mechachrome engine, not an AER

"Although apparently spitting the dummy because they weren't originally on the WEC event poster"

And the funniest part ? They're listed as a full WEC entry and they won't race at Spa and after Le Mans. I know the WEC is in a delicate position due to the limited LMH ready but if I were the FIA / ACO I'd just revoke Glick's entry and tell them to **** off. That team is an absolute joke - always was anyway. All bark and no bite ever since the beginning.

Rant off.

"Although apparently spitting the dummy because they weren't originally on the WEC event poster"

And the funniest part ? They're listed as a full WEC entry and they won't race at Spa and after Le Mans. I know the WEC is in a delicate position due to the limited LMH ready but if I were the FIA / ACO I'd just revoke Glick's entry and tell them to **** off. That team is an absolute joke - always was anyway. All bark and no bite ever since the beginning.

Rant off.
And then he had the audacity to complain about Porsche and Audi working together on their LMDh cars, which, since they essentially belong to the same company makes absolute sense. Maybe if he had had another make to co-develop his car he could have participated for the full season...

This seems to have the updated asphalt and 4 layouts. Is there a reason the grass is black in this one?

Noticed that the auto-Github autumnring.ini file downloaded via CM onto assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded is not really working with the existing track grass, thus turns it black...

To overcome this, within the track-folder I've just created and extension sub-folder and an ext_config.ini file with the following code... it works, now the normal track-grass colour appears...

[BASIC]
IGNORE_OTHER_CONFIGS = 1

Last edited:
I've made a data rework for URD's 2015-2017 spec IndyCars to hopefully improve on their accuracy while still allowing them to play well together:
  • Weight of both road-spec cars increased from 788kg to 789kg
  • Weight of both oval-spec cars decreased from 788kg to 776kg
  • Engine.ini and Power.lut now shared between cars, using the Detroit engine as the base.
  • Boost of road-spec cars increased from 1.5 bar to 1.6 bar
  • Power.lut values of road-spec cars adjusted to achieve ~750 horsepower after transmission loss
  • Boost of oval-spec cars decreased from 1.5 to 1.3 bar
  • Power.lut values of oval-spec cars adjusted to achieve ~550 horsepower after transmission loss
https://www.mediafire.com/file/b6qx55719fhz2ul/URD_IndyCar_Rebalance.rar/file

To apply this datapack, open the .RAR file and drop the "content" folder into your Assetto Corsa file directory. Be sure to keep a backup of the original data if you want to roll back to the original spec.

Is there a way to tweak the CSP smoke particle effects of wet surface tyre sprays ? like density, opacity etc.. I tend to play with full water/puddle settings for the reflections, but the visibility becomes a problem, so I have to turn of the CSP smoke.

working on this track again, and nearly there, but I have a persitant pain the ass thing going on, the road texture gets very blurry very quickly, problem in orginal track and persists, this is not an anistropic filtering setting, its ONLY on this track it does this, other tracks are fine, so what needs changing at texture level to make it work like other roads? (otherwise ill be switching out textures on it)

this line (and the road actually) i mean, turns to a blurry mess about 20m in front of the car. but you can see other stuff like curbs are fine at the same distance) i feel like its a texture setting?

(and yes, the trees are going, replaced by australian trees from another track, nearly done with that as well. )

Last edited:
61 likes for your original post, @pk3r72owns. Don't think for one minute that any of us have forgotten about it..!
;)
(seriously though... any further progress in the past three+ months for this much-anticipated track?)

Every-time I post something here I anticipate a reply from you asking about Dragon Trail. :lol:

The truth is I've been super busy with other projects that have deadlines! Sorry for the disappointment. It's not forgotten, always in the back of my mind. Would you be interested in a bare bones version, just the asphalt and the terrain to test out? I could get that up and running for you, as a stop gap kinda thing.

Every-time I post something here I anticipate a reply from you asking about Dragon Trail. :lol:

The truth is I've been super busy with other projects that have deadlines! Sorry for the disappointment. It's not forgotten, always in the back of my mind. Would you be interested in a bare bones version, just the asphalt and the terrain to test out? I could get that up and running for you, as a stop gap kinda thing.
Sure! Anything to overcome inertia then keep the momentum going.
:)

Do you mean 'Tail of the Dragon'?

https://tailofthedragon.com/

There is already a pretty decent Tail Of The Dragon conversion for AC. It might need updating but the basics are all there and it looks decent enough.
Let me know if this is what you're looking for and I'll see if I can find the link again.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back