Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,790 comments
Well, if you don't like it or think it's rubbish, then just move on... but you have no right to tell anyone that their mod "just shouldn't be released."

Why not? if they're going to ignore basic modding instructions while making statements about how you're 'challenging the focus of virtual motorsport', people should have the right to tell them that at this point their mod is not ready for public release. If they're going to challenge the focus of virtual motorsport they should focus first on making a good foundation to build on.

Why not? if they're going to ignore basic modding instructions while making statements about how you're 'challenging the focus of virtual motorsport', people should have the right to tell them that at this point their mod is not ready for public release. If they're going to challenge the focus of virtual motorsport they should focus first on making a good foundation to build on.

Thanks Stimpy. I mean, Itchy. Or is it Rusty? The main thing that's not 'ready for public release' is undiluted egotism... and unfiltered toxic aggression.

Hi, I searching that skin for the Porsche 917K

b36d484cfabeb8e97e9a21be3cf630da.jpg

Anyone has made it ?
https://perendinator.blogspot.com/?m=1
By @GzeroD

Thanks Stimpy. I mean, Itchy. Or is it Rusty? The main thing that's not 'ready for public release' is undiluted egotism... and unfiltered toxic aggression.

There's no need for toxicity but they should be prepared to be criticized if they're too lazy to look up how to make a mod that complies with kunos standards, just like anyone else who can't be bothered to do that.

Last edited:
Our discord is built, founded and maintained entirely by GTP members!

We are immensely proud of what we have created and have many great upcoming projects. Many of the teams are aware that there are new sim-racers and modders joining GTP every day, and as a result are unable to verify/register their account and enter the discord, leading to them miss out on great content, activities, support etc.

Some of the teams have expressed an interest in listing some of their content in a separate public library for non registered members.

Please note:

Our library contains only free, publicly available mods (and beta content from our members) the same rules that apply here at GTP apply in our discord! However we have simply (tirelessly) collated and cataloged it all for easy reference.

As of today we will begin creating a NEW separate library in our public area, which is completely separate from our main discord.

This means that all current and future registered members CAN NOT see or access the public area (or its members) and non-registered members CAN NOT see or access the registered areas (or its members).

The public library area is also entirely read only (unlike the main discord).

This means non registered users will be able to access our Time Attack Servers, Race Servers and some of our library content, from modders and mod teams who wish to create and list their content in the new separate area.

You can simply ignore the registration bot, you do not need register, or validate etc. You will simply be moved to the “non verified” public area.

Long term GTP members can choose to verify and will be moved to a further “holding area” where they will have access to the public section and a waiting area, while a mod approves them for the main discord.

For now we have 2 new public areas created GTP Reboot Team and the GTP Mod Team
This means with 1 bookmark you can get all the latest up to date links for all GTP Mod Teams content (Cars and Tracks etc) plus all historical GTP Mod Teams content in 1 easy registration free location.

We will continue to add more sections to the public area for those teams who wish to do so, until then bookmark the link and keep up to date with all GTP Mod Teams Releases!

https://discord.com/invite/R2Ghdhe
Screenshot 2021-04-23 125232.png Screenshot 2021-04-23 125644.png Screenshot 2021-04-23 125701.png Screenshot 2021-04-23 125716.png

Last edited:
There's no need for toxicity but they should be prepared to be criticized if they're too lazy to look up how to make a mod that complies with kunos standards, just like anyone else who can't be bothered to do that.
I think PNN doesn't try to comply with kunos standards, they are experimenting with their own perception of what might feels realistic to the gamers while not necessarily being "realistic" data wise. EXPERIMENTING is the keyword here. Labelling people as "lazy" just because they don't share your perception of what is "realistic" is in my definition of toxic.

Last edited:
Funabashi Circuit v1.01

screenshot_alfa_romeo_gtam_rmi_funabashi_21-3-121-19-38-39-jpg.1005895

Screenshot_a3dr_honda_s800_rsc_rmi_funabashi_23-4-121-8-30-25.jpg
Screenshot_a3dr_honda_s800_rsc_rmi_funabashi_23-4-121-8-31-13.jpg

Features:
- 20 vehicle pit/grid
- 3 historical layouts
- GrassFx, RainFx, VAO
- New textures + winter grass skin
- Track limit tires are semi-realistic
- Try the "short" track!

Credits:
- base conversion @RMi_wood
- layouts, cams, extras @shi

Domo arigato:
Thank you to "soramame" for granting permission to convert his original work.
Thank you to the JGT Database Discord group for requesting this track to be converted, suport and the great reference library
https://discord.gg/eTsX42m8h3 = The biggest history server on Japanese motorsport you'll ever see!

:: DOWNLOAD ::
:: RD MIRROR ::

Last edited:
Anyway, anecdote from me. I used to own a 1st gen Honda Jazz/Fit. Bought it new and had it for several years, but had to sell it because the CVT transmission started developing problems. I bought another Fit, this time second hand. Exact same model and specs but the steering feel and feedback is completely different from my first car. It's not like the previous owner had modified it or abused it, he said that's how it came from the factory. So if 2 cars in real life that are supposed to be identical can have such different handling, how can anyone be arrogant enough to make a sim car and say definitively, THIS if how a car is supposed to handle and everyone else is wrong? Even more so if you take into account people have different driving experiences, different rig/wheel setups, different FFB, etc.
I can take this to an even greater level, back when I used to manage product launch training we would get anywhere from 20 to 50 cars to use, with normally between 5 and 10 of any given spec level. Most of them would drive in a similar manner, but every now and then you would get one or two that just felt very different. Most of its down to the tolerance levels on mass-production items being wide enough that you will always find this to be the case, and a car is not only a mass production item, but it's one consisting of thousands of separate mass production items.

I'm looking forward to watching how this develops.

But in the meantime, I see Renn & Stimpy... Ooops. I mean Itchy & Scratchy... Doh! I actually mean that fun couple 'Rusty and Arch'... well, they've already given their verdict in the linked Discord for the project. In other words, they've gone as toxic as usual, leading to Rusty already being banned from the channel and Arch trying to mop up the accompanying vomit.

Anyway, just to make the day of any car modders who haven't passed the 'Rusty & Arch Modders Authorisation Test', you may as well just give up modding now because...

View attachment 1006240

There you go folks. I guess you should all just call it a day then. There are only two people on the whole planet who actually know what they're doing with AC modding apparently. :banghead:

I can't believe they (Itchy & Scratchy), forgot to mention me as the 3rd expert!

And how are modders meant to learn if they're just cut off at the knees by the 'Toxic Brigade' before they even get a proper chance to develop their mods and/or their skills?

I'm sorry, but I'm really over the vile attitude these guys keep pouring out on every single thing that isn't theirs , or from some other member of their cabal – not to mention the totally unjustified authoritarian traits they consistently exhibit. They're just so full of :drool: and yet they somehow have styled themselves as the gatekeepers of the AC modding world. Uuuurgh.

Unfortunately those 'brigades' are everywhere.

Last edited:
I can take this to an even greater level, back when I used to manage product launch training we would get anywhere from 20 to 50 cars to use, with normally between 5 and 10 of any given spec level. Most of them would drive in a similar manner, but every now and then you would get one or two that just felt very different. Most of its down to the tolerance levels on mass-production items being wide enough that you will always find this to be the case, and a car is not only a mass production item, but it's one consisting of thousands of separate mass production items.

That's still better than the earlier made-by-hand Ferraris which used to have different wheelbase lengths on one side than the other! Portago used to put a secret mark on the Ferraris he loved/hated to make sure they didn't slip him a lemon. And WW2 pilots said two aircraft made in the same factory on the same assembly line would have handling differences as great as chalk and cheese.

Last edited:
My first ever new car was delivered without the A/C installed. The dealer thought we were lying until we drove it back to the lot. The look on the mechanics face was priceless. Oh what a feeling!

Last edited:

But in the meantime, I see Renn & Stimpy... Ooops. I mean Itchy & Scratchy... Doh! I actually mean that fun couple 'Rusty and Arch'... well, they've already given their verdict in the linked Discord for the project. In other words, they've gone as toxic as usual, leading to Rusty already being banned from the channel and Arch trying to mop up the accompanying vomit.

Anyway, just to make the day of any car modders who haven't passed the 'Rusty & Arch Modders Authorisation Test', you may as well just give up modding now because...

View attachment 1006240

There you go folks. I guess you should all just call it a day then. There are only two people on the whole planet who actually know what they're doing with AC modding apparently. :banghead:

I'm talking about Arch, I don't know Rusty.
I agree with you, it is ridiculous to speak this way to anybody who is creating something. I told him this even here.
But to be fair this guy is not an evil, I think he lacks (very) some communication skills. But he wants to help and even I agree with @LeGeNd-1 his physics is still miles better than what you get from an average mod. He knows what he does, but can't tell you in a perfect way, that's it.
Lately he shared his physics tool which is quite useful for anybody:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/physics-pipeline-tools.41462/

I learned the hard way a long time ago to just ignore unconstructive hate and continue doing what makes ME happy.

Speaking of...

I modded this for myself during my last RNR. Updates are most likely only a maybe.

This is a proof of concept that rally is possible in AC (once someone will fix that suspension bug caused with big jumps...), we defenitely need more gravel rally stages and rallycross tracks as well, such as those FIA RX ones like Mettet (the only good looking we ever got so far), Catalunya and Silverstone. Maybe even a few stadiums as well and Super Special stages too.

And how are modders meant to learn if they're just cut off at the knees by the 'Toxic Brigade' before they even get a proper chance to develop their mods and/or their skills?

I'm sorry, but I'm really over the vile attitude these guys keep pouring out on every single thing that isn't theirs , or from some other member of their cabal – not to mention the totally unjustified authoritarian traits they consistently exhibit. They're just so full of :drool: and yet they somehow have styled themselves as the gatekeepers of the AC modding world. Uuuurgh.

These people, who believe they know everything and speak with the highest hierarchy, when some do not even have a driver's license, are possibly the greatest scourge of AC today.

Unfortunately those 'brigades' are everywhere.
Ye, it all started with the Grand Theft Auto community once San Andreas' modding was in full blown popularity two decades ago, before it also bit sim racing as well sadly.

Unfortunately Dirt conversions are quite time consuming. I started converting Hell RX but couldn't get the AI to do joker laps, maybe they can be tricked into using 1PITLANE?
Well for now I don't think we'll ever need to do joker laps in AC until someone won't find a way to make AI cars do so as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think PNN doesn't try to comply with kunos standards, they are experimenting with their own perception of what might feels realistic to the gamers while not necessarily being "realistic" data wise. EXPERIMENTING is the keyword here. Labelling people as "lazy" just because they don't share your perception of what is "realistic" is in my definition of toxic.

i'm not talking about physics here when it comes to kunos standards, mostly the model/visuals which are very poorly done.

View attachment 1006240

yeah i was there rusty was alreadyt calling it a failure even tho the thing was like in the earliest of stages ive ever seen

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back