Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,807 comments
I am having trouble with some car's headlights lately. Kunos cars are fine but with the VRC LMP1s for instance lights are really dim and then light up when the car is only a short distance away - really ruins night racing for me. Weirdly when I take a picture in photo mode they light up as well, so I cannot capture the issue. #Anyone know a fix? I am using CSP 0.1.74 and SOL 2.1 with the standard ppfilter.

SOL 2.1 Weather Plan 24hr Le Mans
Weather plan for 24 hr Circuit de la Sarthe - Le Mans (sx_lemans v1.8) or Le Mans 2017 version
solplannerlemans-jpg.476900

Using the new Sol Planner v1.0 this is a 24hrs Le Mans weather plan on repeat

EDIT: 24/05/21 - I am using CSP 1.74.33 preview so if you have issues when it repeats itself using the timed sequence with daytime being dark just toggle the repeat icon on/off and that fixes it - or turn off all together. It seems to be ok if used in whole day sequence.

repeat-icon-jpg.476923

Installation Instructions
Download/UNZIP/COPYTO; YourPC:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python\sol_planner\plans

Screenshot (703).jpg
import).jpg

screenshot-669-large-jpg.476898

Set time multiplier to x60 and laps to 6 which will give you a 24-26 min race 1600hrs to 1600hrs using either circuit which can be found here;

Le Mans 2017: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/circuit-24h-lemans-2017.2482

rollovers_ts050_lemans_2017_large-medium-jpg.476899

Circuit de la Sarthe - Le Mans (leBluem): https://www.mediafire.com/file/xwn6byzqynbjez2/sx_lemans_v1.8.7z/file

Further Help:

Attachments

• lemans24hrx60.zip
    598 bytes · Views: 41
Last edited:
all the reshade talks reminds me I had been using the nvidia shader alt-f3 (need geforce experience installed) and you can add in dynamic effects quite easily includeing real 3d shaders like runtime DOF while racing (i particularly liked that one because it killed the ****** backdrops in a lot of tracks and added nice pizzaz when buidlings come into focus etc, particularly nice around tracks like Bernese alps and Prague used with a bit of fog. neglible framedrop too.

edit added it back in. its subtle but there look right at back of the tunnel (of course you can make it as strong or as weak as you like. not for everyone, but it gets my dander up!
upload_2021-5-24_20-48-51.png

Last edited:
Someone knows if vheth is going to update hockenheim? The track overall is gorgeous but is a way too bumpy, specially under braking is very hard to handle the car :(

Just to clarify, this isn't meant to cause a huge debate. MrBoo piqued my curiosity as I see a lot of YouTubers using it alongside CSP on their 'photorealistic' videos.

I agree, each to their own.

I wonder if (fake) ray tracing will ever be bought to CSP, since it is now available through ReShade.

Each to their own, yes, but using reshade with csp is definitely asking for trouble.
Also, there's some ray tracing effects already with extraFX

Its interesting that my query regarding ReShade has had so many different responses. Some people are using ReShade successfully alongside CSP, others say it causes problems with CSP.

Like I said, this was just something I was curious about. And it certainly beats yet another conversation about encrypted mods ;)

Yes, that was one of the very first things I tried, even disabled them, no dice...

Edit: forgot to add that the thickness and amount of the stripes changes slightly while trying different settings, but the stripes are always present.
have you solved the problem with shadows? Today I discovered such a strange thing, cars with custom painting have problems with shadows.
[INCLUDE: common / materials_carpaint.ini]
CarPaintMaterial = EXT_Car_Paint, carPaint | dashstructure_a
CarPaintVersionAware = 3
[Material_CarPaint_Metallic]
FresnelMax = 1
FresnelC = 0.1
BrightnessAdjustment = 0.9
ColoredSpecular = 0.9
AmbientSpecular = 0.6
AmbientSpecularEXP = 2.5
ClearCoatThickness = 0.06
removed this custom paint block from ext_config.ini, and the problem disappeared on this machine.

testing the c8r we got from csr2 I noticed it is incredibly slower than I thought. Ran a race as test at Monza against RSRs, Astons, Ford and Bimmers and the slowest of them was still 3 seconds faster than the c8r. Is there a way we can improve the data of the car and make it on par with the others without going to use ballast/restrictors? These test are for a future league we will run, and we want the fairest competition possible

hi to all , since the author does not have time for the moment to finish the inside of the 320i BTCC , I wanted to give him a hand , but when I wanted to resume my work this morning all is breaking inside the car?! , so now I don’t have time to finish , I’ll leave you the project if someone finds the time to finish it , thank you

Before :
1621858467-capture-d-ecran-311.png

After :
1621858467-capture-d-ecran-312.png

Project link : https://mega.nz/file/wJogTT6I#ocvYDV8jtBqzyTSJRBO04Bq7RldWL-srRvU79ttDG2g

Thanks !

PS : my old project or I’ve been asking for help for a long time but never received ...

Hi to all , I would need help to finish a project , the physics and integration is already done , it is just at the level of 3d/texture/template/AO ... that I would need help , someone can help me , thank you !

F355 Challenge :
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1817#post-13261504

Porsche 993 RS ClubSport :
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1933#post-13287019

Porsche 993 3.8 RSR :
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1943#post-13289372

have you solved the problem with shadows? Today I discovered such a strange thing, cars with custom painting have problems with shadows.
[INCLUDE: common / materials_carpaint.ini]
CarPaintMaterial = EXT_Car_Paint, carPaint | dashstructure_a
CarPaintVersionAware = 3
[Material_CarPaint_Metallic]
FresnelMax = 1
FresnelC = 0.1
BrightnessAdjustment = 0.9
ColoredSpecular = 0.9
AmbientSpecular = 0.6
AmbientSpecularEXP = 2.5
ClearCoatThickness = 0.06
removed this custom paint block from ext_config.ini, and the problem disappeared on this machine.
Thanks, good to hear it was a fix for you. Not on my system though.
Despite that you could be on to something. I tried a couple of cars that had no extension and there were no stripes to be seen. I did change a setting a couple of days ago (forgot which one :embarrassed:) that makes the affected cars look a bit better (thinner and less intrusive stripes).

Edit: that changed setting was resetting smart shadows to default.

Last edited:
Assen track from NightEye has a weird bug : shadows under the car disappear when you're on the racing line (as pointed by someone else on RD). Is there a fix for this ?

The thing is some cars that use custom paint configs look crap without them, but then again they also look crap with shadow lines all over them so at the moment it's a no win situation until this gets fixed. :grumpy:

Could you let me know if you suddenly remember what you changed that made the lines smaller
The most recent change I made was resetting Smart Shadows to default...

hi to all , since the author does not have time for the moment to finish the inside of the 320i BTCC , I wanted to give him a hand , but when I wanted to resume my work this morning all is breaking inside the car?! , so now I don’t have time to finish , I’ll leave you the project if someone finds the time to finish it , thank you

Before :
1621858467-capture-d-ecran-311.png

After :
1621858467-capture-d-ecran-312.png

Project link : https://mega.nz/file/wJogTT6I#ocvYDV8jtBqzyTSJRBO04Bq7RldWL-srRvU79ttDG2g

Thanks !

PS : my old project or I’ve been asking for help for a long time but never received ...

Hi to all , I would need help to finish a project , the physics and integration is already done , it is just at the level of 3d/texture/template/AO ... that I would need help , someone can help me , thank you !

F355 Challenge :
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1817#post-13261504

Porsche 993 RS ClubSport :
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1933#post-13287019

Porsche 993 3.8 RSR :
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1943#post-13289372

:bowdown:

I'm curious what people's thoughts are on ReShade. I'm all for it myself, if it is used in a subtle way and not over-done. I personally use it just for ambient lighting and ray-tracing, like so;
What's the settings you used for Reshade in order to have that fantastic ray-tracing and ambient lightning? I personally use the Inmersive preset I found on RD which also came with its own RayTracing shader which works quite well for me without too many problems.

Hope this isn't too "someone just coming here to post pics" but I wanted to gauge peoples' interest.

I've been working on a lot of older or lower quality cars that have nice models but are let down by materials. One example is this RS5:

Before:
View attachment 1012772

After:
View attachment 1012773

Releasing them shouldn't be an issue as they're only really an extension folder for the cars, no model edits (although I did darken the skin on this RS5). Would people be interested in stuff like this, and are there any particularly bad offenders for materials?

An extension config will only cover up some of the deficiencies, I've now completely reworked the visuals of over 1,000 cars in my collection and I would estimate that 90% at least, needed full extraction and significant material/texture/shader changes and quite often, 3D model changes to get to a reasonable level. So while adding a config will be a decent improvement on some mods, it won't help much with a lot of them.

Quick and dirty: edit the glass material (outside glass generally creates the issue), and set every "fresnel" field to ZERO:

View attachment 1012808

While this may solve the issue presented, it's really not good general advice... Exterior glass should always have a set fresnel value, I use fresnelC: 0.1 / fresnelEXP: 2.5 / fresnelMaxLevel: 0.6 as otherwise the glass will have no reflective quality and in many cases, won't even be visible. To solve bad exterior glass you need to make sure it has the correct shader type (ksPerPixelReflection), it's set to transparent and that the texture and shader properties are set correctly and alphablended (copy a texture and shader preset from a Kunos car if in doubt). This will solve 95% of cases and in the other 5%, it'll be down to problems in the model itself which then need fixing in your 3D editing program of choice.

Hi fellas: So, for the moment iam stuck with my Spyker C8 mod... I wonder if someone can guide me in the direction when it comes to making dashboard symbols work correctly..As you can see in the picture, it is not looking to good. I have tried in CM to go for Alpha blending and Alpha testing. According to Photoshop, the interior.diff does not have an ALPHA layer. Is that neccesary? Well, i have no idea how to fix this small issue. Hopefully someone can help out.

MqscvO9.png

What's the settings you used for Reshade in order to have that fantastic ray-tracing and ambient lightning? I personally use the Inmersive preset I found on RD which also came with its own RayTracing shader which works quite well for me without too many problems.

You need to join a patreon to get ray tracing, although that InMersive filter might have it included. I'll PM you my other settings after work later. You can find the other things I use (including Ambient Lighting) in any ReShade package.
I spent months moving numbers up and down, trying to find a preset that worked for me.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back