Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,978 comments
Seems this is not an "official" collection of all reboot tracks (since there were alot more..) but chapeau to the creator of Reservoir GP. I just discovered that one by coincidence. Great track with great graphics and alot of fun to drive on. Think @Mike08 & @leBluem you both guys were mainly involved here? Only one minor issue I have with the TAG Heuer bridges: they seem to look kinda transparent? Should that be correct? Using the "billboard" skin.

Would be cool to know the other tracks

Tuned variant of the GT63 AMG released the other day:

MNBA Modding Group presents:
Buja Gili's: Mercedes-Benz GT63 amg Tuned
CarBase: GT63S AMG Buja Gili
Tuning: Miguel Silva
Physics: GT63S AMG before IRL Data
Screenshot: Buja Gili
Donations:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=37L7AFV3DKSHY&source=url
Download:
https://mega.nz/file/5IxmyLIZ#MMuNXVbF6feFsOWEjiWVXABJsSeiPGdKTel0S9uztUQ
Me: no AO, no buy
JakubP: hold my beer
:bowdown: :cheers:

:lol:

@Masscot Try this for your brake lights.
lights.ini and find this entry:
[BRAKE_0]
NAME=Object014
COLOR=30,5,2
OFF_COLOR=23,4,4
INTENSITY=30

Change it to the following:
[BRAKE_0]
NAME=Object014
COLOR=50,10,10
OFF_COLOR=11,2,2
INTENSITY=500

That should sort it out hopefully
Just the job - thanks pal!
Don't suppose you worked out how to dim the instrument lights, did you? Those red dials are very bright on a moonless night.

OCD Alert. Anyone able to help me please? I am racing on Hockenheim t78 this weekend and the track lines are drawing incredibly short on this track. It completely break the immersion and my ability to concentrate on brake points etc. I have SimEd3D and am clueless on how to edit the lines to make them solid. If I take an ingame screenshot, it shows the whole line. So there is a way. However, the screenshot here shows what I see. Even worse in VR which is the way i drive. This is a single screen shot.

upload_2020-10-19_10-25-39.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-10-19_10-22-45.png
    upload_2020-10-19_10-22-45.png
    83.6 KB · Views: 21
Just the job - thanks pal!
Don't suppose you worked out how to dim the instrument lights, did you? Those red dials are very bright on a moonless night.

Well I had lots of help to get the brake lights done, and nothing was working because like a dumbass I still had my data.acd file in the folder. As for the dials, nope. Can't seem to remove the nuclear glow unfortunately. I bet it's absolute horror in VR

I haven't given up trying things out but am working on a new skin for now so i'll take a look at it after I've finished.

Last edited:
all this VR talk, plugged the vive back in tonight, took it for a spin, unplugged it again. Immersion level that is won by being "in" the car, is lost by the graphical sacrifices that have to be made to get it running smoothly at 90fps and the fact that the car 100m upfront is represented by a whopping 4 crystal clear sharp pixels, and no amount of supersampling can fix that.

What resolution are these headsets we are all talking about here? the Vive is 2160x1200, the pro version is 2880 x 1600 but id say needs to reach that 8640x4800 befor eit can match the "resolution" of just using a screen.

For me, I will wait patiently till VR hits 8-12K res and graphics cards that can run it are born, suspect arounf the time 4080ti or maybe 5080ti is released.

The Quest 2 resolution is fine IMO. Of course, going even higher-res the better. But I don't think the current form of tech will be able to reach 8-12K in VR at 144hz. We will also need massive software optimization to achieve it. even 3090 can't really increase performance massively in AC in VR.

OCD Alert. Anyone able to help me please? I am racing on Hockenheim t78 this weekend and the track lines are drawing incredibly short on this track. It completely break the immersion and my ability to concentrate on brake points etc. I have SimEd3D and am clueless on how to edit the lines to make them solid. If I take an ingame screenshot, it shows the whole line. So there is a way. However, the screenshot here shows what I see. Even worse in VR which is the way i drive. This is a single screen shot.

View attachment 965945
Go to Assetto Corsa > Video settings and adjust the Anisotropic Filtering. I think you can increase it to 16x (maximum) with very little impact on performance. The quality of the side line on tracks can vary, depending on whether is was modeled separately, or it's a part of the road surface texture/material.

Last edited by a moderator:
and the fact that the car 100m upfront is represented by a whopping 4 crystal clear sharp pixels

true, but at least in VR, since everything is so much bigger, we can see those 4 pixels, blessing and a curse, on a 1080 32 inch flat screen those 4 pixels are so small they might as well not exist.

even 3090 can't really increase performance massively in AC in VR

Are you sharing an opinion or have you seen a benchmark made somewhere.?

Last edited:
The Quest 2 resolution is fine IMO. Of course, going even higher-res the better. But I don't think the current form of tech will be able to reach 8-12K in VR at 144hz. We will also need massive software optimization to achieve it. even 3090 can't really increase performance massively in AC in VR.

We really don't know how well the 3000 series of cards will perform with VR at this time. The drivers for the card and headsets are still being optimized. It could be another 4-6 months before we know.

We really don't know how well the 3000 series of cards will perform with VR at this time. The drivers for the card and headsets are still being optimized. It could be another 4-6 months before we know.

Problem with VR in AC isn't hardware performance, but the software itself. We are running way too many mods on top of AC. Vanilla AC runs fine in VR with just a 2060. In order to gain actual gains in modded AC, we just have to put in a lot of horsepowers, and that don't translate well into performance gains like we see in other games.

Eye tracking and foveated rendering will probably be required, but both of these are coming... apparently.
A friend has a G1 and says the resolution is amazing for sim racing, almost like looking at a 1080p 2D screen.
I'm still on a CV1 and unlikely to upgrade to a newer HMD any time soon because my 7700k/1080ti can feed the CV1 very nicely.

Last edited:
Eye tracking and foveated rendering will probably be required, but both of these are coming... apparently.
A friend has a G1 and says the resolution is amazing for sim racing, almost like looking at a 1080p 2D screen.
I'm still on a CV1 and unlikely to upgrade to a newer HMD any time soon because my 7700k/1080ti can feed the CV1 very nicely.

I actually find inside out tracking on the Quest 2 far better than the sensors from CV1, needless to say, I've already packed my CV1 and now using the Quest 2 as my primary VR headset now.

Can you guys actually run AC at full 90FPS with full grid AI? I could only run 90FPS in a single-player hot lap, and the rest are always in ASW.

Hello all,

I saw this a couple of pages back.
It reminds me of an earlier question of mine, being "How to lower the ride-height of driver, Mario Andretti"
To my understandig, this not so tall Italo-American is simply sitting to high in his seat.
Can this be altered in any way, you might know of? For your understanding, I'm an amateur when it comes to temepering with .ini files and what not, so a bit of "manual" on how to do such is welcome. If there's no solution to this, so be it, but without asking... :-)

upload_2020-10-19_19-5-13.png

I can't.

how is quest2/oculus link handling ASW? Same as CV1?

Difficult to say at the moment, I'm not sure if its running at 72 or 90, as far as I know, the current 90hz patch doesn't work with Link, but the FPS shown is either 45 or 90. But I can't tell the difference from CV1, one thing for sure is that it does take up more resources as the screen is 50% higher res. So I was definitely getting better performance with the CV1.

The only difference with the Quest 2 so far is the much higher resolution, function-wise, it's pretty much the same as the CV1 in link mode. I don't notice compression artifacts.

Hello all,

I saw this a couple of pages back.
It reminds me of an earlier question of mine, being "How to lower the ride-height of driver, Mario Andretti"
To my understandig, this not so tall Italo-American is simply sitting to high in his seat.
Can this be altered in any way, you might know of? For your understanding, I'm an amateur when it comes to temepering with .ini files and what not, so a bit of "manual" on how to do such is welcome. If there's no solution to this, so be it, but without asking... :-)

./data/driver.ini

[MODEL]
NAME=driver_80
POSITION=0, -5, 0 ; left/right, up/down, fwd/back

change that second number more - (less)

Head visible in VR?

I have a couple of mods where you can see the inside of the driver's head, when it's supposed to be removed for VR. I've "analyzed" the mods, but there's no report of issues relating to this, as it does with some older mods.

Is there a way to remove it using a config setting, or some other way?

I'm having this issue with the AVR500-R (Nissan GTR GT500), a paid mod, and the Volkswagen Transporter T1LM917.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only difference with the Quest 2 so far is the much higher resolution, function-wise, it's pretty much the same as the CV1 in link mode. I don't notice compression artifacts.

Thank you for the review, you are the second Quest2 user that feels that Quest2, even in its early stage, is a great upgrade over the CV1.
At the price, plus the additional stand alone features, makes it very appealing. I guess for what we are using it for, 99% sim racing, 64GB is more than enough.
have you ever tried the wifi connection with a SIM?

Last edited:
Well I had lots of help to get the brake lights done, and nothing was working because like a dumbass I still had my data.acd file in the folder. As for the dials, nope. Can't seem to remove the nuclear glow unfortunately. I bet it's absolute horror in VR

I haven't given up trying things out but am working on a new skin for now so i'll take a look at it after I've finished.

Not sure what this is about so I can't check to help but: Have you tried decimal values for the colours? I found out that something like "COLOR= 0.1,0.1,0.1" also works and is a lot less bright.

Go to Assetto Corsa > Video settings and adjust the Anisotropic Filtering. I think you can increase it to 16x (maximum) with very little impact on performance. The quality of the side line on tracks can vary, depending on whether is was modeled separately, or it's a part of the road surface texture/material.

Thank you for the response. I have mine set at 16x. It has to be the way the track is modelled. I looked at the kn5 file in SimEd and see the lines listed as HOCKLINE and can see the setting of it. Even in SimEd is it limited. Here are the current settings.

You can see the limitation is SimEd also.

upload_2020-10-19_13-47-52.png

Thank you for the response. I have mine set at 16x. It has to be the way the track is modelled. I looked at the kn5 file in SimEd and see the lines listed as HOCKLINE and can see the setting of it. Even in SimEd is it limited. Here are the current settings.

You can see the limitation is SimEd also.

View attachment 965979
you could always import a track with lines that are good and then copy them settings over ?

Damn I was working on it to get an okay-ish performance and fixed that issue as well (Speedracer was right!). I'll try to polish things up a bit for a quicky release this week.

Forgot about that one :D Will definitely put it on the to-do list.

I'm not saying the Rollover's models are brilliant in anyway (they are quite the opposite actually :P) but I gotta' admit their models have better overall resemblance of the real cars.

Bloody good imo

Again, removing the ground collide will help aswell if you forgot about that ;) and you're welcome on the mention with the 70 mazda.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back