Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,748 comments
I may have done the same thing - I still think it's probably the worst AI out of the main games I play, but last night I did have some seriously fun races against AI.
One of the problems with AI in AC is that we have so many modded additions in the race grids and the modders took no time to go through and set up the AI for the cars parameters. Worst part is that it may just be a copy and paste from another car and call it "good enough". The problem is that different cars steer locks and steer ratios affect the steer gain within the ai.ini. This is why you get some of the herky jerky lateral movement, especially when right in the AI's personal space. Instead of the AI making smooth steering adjustments, they make brash quick unrealistic movements of the steering wheel. You can see this if you let the AI take over your car, ctrl-c, and look if they're making crazy movements. There is a fine line of getting them to still make corners but cut down on ridiculous lateral movements. By adjusting things like look ahead and steer gain, you can try and make the AI play the best it can within AC's abilities.

One other thing that helps cut down on the AI pit manuevers is to change ULTRA_GRIP in ai.ini from 1.2 to just 1.0. This makes them a little more human and they then don't have the advantage of being more planted to spin you out (in most cases).
Of course if you can't get in and change the data, then this is a no go.

Guys, my version of COTA is a quick and bad thing. There are better versions out there, don't go crazy to find it. I don't have it on my hard drive either

While you may not like your own work, I find it to be the best of what I have seen for this track. If you know of better, please let us know about it.

what about combining the two models? physics from acf and model from csr2. I think that's the best choice (also I dont like the numbers on the door, the lumirank style ones on the acf model)
How would one go about doing that?

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 1014228

Hockenheimring Baden-Württemberg (Hockenheim) - Version 1.2

CHANGELOG 1.2
- Update of textures and materials
- New road mesh by @gunnar333
- Fixed track positioning based on geotag
- Added UI file
- Updated previews and track maps
- Various fix by @TheRealCeeBee

DOWNLOAD
https://www.mediafire.com/file/wf17coh3q45chf2/vhe_hockenheim_1.2.rar/file

Nice work. Only one point (maybe it's due to my settings, idk really): at night, the Grandstands are dark and suddenly light up as you come closer:

merc_GS.png

gs2.png

Last edited:

Here you go:

As @Fanapryde pointed out this car could do with some TLC, though. Me and a friend did some work to improve the mod as originally posted on Assettoland, including LODs, some shader adjustments, model proportions, physics and more. There are some things that could do with improvement. For example there is a strange shading/lighting issue on some bodypanels edges, it could do with a working MOTEC and wiper animation.
If anyone would be so nice to take on these or one of these subject you're very much welcome to do so!

BPX6Qa.jpg

Updated version: https://www.mediafire.com/file/o291shd381u245u/vw_funcup.rar/file
(without the skinpack, which I highly recommend because it's amazing)

Edit: Just too late, haha!
Thanks! Yeah it could use some work. The "defect" MoTeC is annoying but the physics could use some work. Judging from real footage, it's by far not as tail happy in reality.

View attachment 1014228

Hockenheimring Baden-Württemberg (Hockenheim) - Version 1.2

CHANGELOG 1.2
- Update of textures and materials
- New road mesh by @gunnar333
- Fixed track positioning based on geotag
- Added UI file
- Updated previews and track maps
- Various fix by @TheRealCeeBee

DOWNLOAD
https://www.mediafire.com/file/wf17coh3q45chf2/vhe_hockenheim_1.2.rar/file

Another great update to an already great track mod. Seeing that it has a new road mesh, I had to try it out with the Superkart, which is actually raced at this track. I think it's about right, but it does "rattle your brains" when driving the Superkart in VR... but that's what the real thing does as well.

Still lovin' the Superkart 250c @GzeroD (download from his Legion site). I think my kart wheel rim is supposed to arrive tomorrow, then I need to design and print the adaptor for it, and it's ready for my Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer, which already gives my arms quite a workout with this mod and a smaller wheel rim.

Last edited:
Thanks! Yeah it could use some work. The "defect" MoTeC is annoying but the physics could use some work. Judging from real footage, it's by far not as tail happy in reality.
We actually tuned the oversteer back quite a bit from the Assettoland version, but it's still pretty tailhappy as we wanted to take the Belgian series as a base which runs on street tires (France and UK run semi-slicks hence a lot less oversteer). I'm no pro at physics either so it can definitely use some touches, we just made more drivable and made it so it runs the correct laptimes at Spa.
As for the Motec, totally agreed haha. It is a really fun series and imo definitely the best representation of the Fun Cup in a game. Would be great if we can get some finishing touches onto it!

Anyone knows the setting for reducing interior brightness at night caused by cars' headlights behind? For my taste it's too bright.

If you are using CSP, then go to the CSP settings tab and you'll find a slider in 'LightingFX' for 'Headlights on Interior' which adjusts that.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Kurt Woods :dopey:

Last edited:
Does anyone have the current version of Palm Beach International Raceway? Heading there soon for a test day so I need to start learning the track.

Since that was your first post, introduce yourself, provide relative info, and when you get back, tell us how your experience at the track compares to the mod (and maybe take photos or video).
I'm the mechanic/ pit crew for Praga Fellner Motorsport and I drive the EGA Racing Division Acura Integra (Owner). I've been sim racing for about 2 years now and have a pretty basic setup. We just came back from Homestead-Miami Speedway this weekend and our team filled the Podium. I'll definitely compare the track to real life. We are getting ready to build a badass sim rig for our drivers so once that's complete I'll let them compare as well.

Has anyone made Homestead-Miami Speedway for AC yet? My home track is Sebring so I'm trying to learn these tracks down in south FL.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have converted 3 Tracks from Sports car GT.
(To be exact, convert from GTR2.)

Chatham Hills Raceway (Link updated 2)
v1.2
- 26 pit/start
Screenshot_rss_formula_79_chatham_31-4-121-17-29-49.jpg

v1.1changelog;
-Re created the physical road surface
-Add noise to the physical road surface
-Added up to 26 pit / start numbers
-Adjust UI (author column)
-Re created VAO

v1.2changelog;
-Corrected the gap between the visual road surface and the physical road surface
-Fixed skybox position far away
-Adjust surface.ini
-Added ai_hint.ini

North Point (Link updated 2)
v1.2
- 26 pit/start
Screenshot_pm3dm_volvo_s40_btcc_northpoint_29-4-121-21-37-33.jpg

v1.1changelog;
-Recreated the physical road surface
-Adjust surface.ini

v1.2changelog;
-Add noise to the physical road surface

Sardian Park (Link updated)
v1.1
- 26 pit/start
Screenshot_rss_formula_79_sardianpark_29-4-121-15-43-7.jpg

v1.1 changelog;
-Re created the physical road surface
-Adjust surface.ini
-Fixed normals for some objects
-Added ai_hint.ini

- CSP required
- GrassFX, RainFX

Credits & Thanks;
・Original track made by ISI for Sportscar GT
・Almost completely rebuild by @Zwiss for GTR2
@shi (shin956), Tracks convert

Enjoy.

Last edited:
shi
I have converted 3 Tracks from Sports car GT.
(To be exact, convert from GTR2.)

Chatham Hills Raceway
v1.0
- 20 pit/start
View attachment 1014380

North Point
v1.0
- 22 pit/start
View attachment 1014381

Sardian Park
v1.0
- 20 pit/start
View attachment 1014382

- CSP required
- GrassFX, RainFX

Credits & Thanks;
・Original track made by ISI for Sportscar GT
・Almost completely rebuild by @Zwiss for GTR2
@shi (shin956), Tracks convert

Enjoy.

:bowdown: ...and I was thinking about watching a movie tonight.

You guys are the best!

EDIT --> There is a version with the road course on Legion's site.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2534#post-13421693

I think this is a newer version--only the speedway. Doesn't include the other layouts.

Homestead v1.2 -- this has been corrected, as the original link was replaced with the wrong link when my messages were consolidated.

Homestead Cameras

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back