Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,755 comments
Doing a street circuit takes a lot more work than I thought, and yes, it is very difficult, only the point of view to work can be hell, you have to choose very well which side of the street you do first because when doing the other side you do not you see nothing ...

Alcañiz is going forward, but I am too perfectionist for this, I have destroyed and rebuilt some areas up to 3 times, every time I look at maps or some onboard I see a mistake that I have made, such as putting a building too high, then I have to open the map, erase and put there a building according to how it is in real life.

To top off this final update with all the extra sponsor boards, I have updated the skin to be compatible, added back in the darker tarmac and tree colours, the DRS zones, lighting, rainFX and grassFX. That should be it for Paul Ricard. Great final update @marc_13000
Let's hope it doesn't get stolen this time.
Aw I was hoping this one would be called Paul_ricard_2021_final_FINAL 😉

Thank you @Blackcelica and @marc_13000 !

To top off this final update with all the extra sponsor boards, I have updated the skin to be compatible, added back in the darker tarmac and tree colours, the DRS zones, lighting, rainFX and grassFX. That should be it for Paul Ricard. Great final update @marc_13000
@marc_13000 @Blackcelica I've released few days ago a full ext_config, it should works fine, but at this point i will have to check in order to see if it still works fine.

FYI, the CRC Check is wrong

Welll....to make you laugh. 908s are not reworked yet. We're gonna focus on the Lola's for now. So pack 2 will feature 2009 - 2010 Lola's This again will include LMP1s as well. :cheers:
That's okay :) Any Lola is a good Lola - I fell in love with all things Lola when I was knee-high to a duck! And your first rework pack was great, can't wait for the second!

Version 2.2.1 - Released 2021.06.27
Aston Martin Vantage GT4 (2013)
CSP v0.1.72 or above required

CREDITS
• AssettoGarage for the base mod
• Indianapolis and AssettoLand for base mod updates
• Sirknight224 for Academy Motorsports skins
• Indianapolis for Falcon Motorsports skins
• RealAKP for testing and support

FEATURING
• Michelin Pilot Sport GT S9M tire model
• minor revision to aero and suspensions
• improved LODs generated with CM

CHANGELOG v2.2.1

Aerodynamics
revised CL for various wings
recalculated body CD aero map

Suspensions, brakes and tyres
corrected rim offsets
• minor revision of front dampers
• decreased brakes max torque
• added Michelin Pilot Sport GT S9M
• new tyres wear and performance curves
• fixed legacy tyre model LUT names

Visual
revised PBR materials config
regenerated VAO patch

Other changes
revised throttle map
• corrected auto shifter gas cutoff time
• minor corrections to setup options
• decreased FFb multiplier
• much better LODs files generated with CM

DOWNLOAD

Last edited:
Doing a street circuit takes a lot more work than I thought, and yes, it is very difficult, only the point of view to work can be hell, you have to choose very well which side of the street you do first because when doing the other side you do not you see nothing ...

Alcañiz is going forward, but I am too perfectionist for this, I have destroyed and rebuilt some areas up to 3 times, every time I look at maps or some onboard I see a mistake that I have made, such as putting a building too high, then I have to open the map, erase and put there a building according to how it is in real life.
Most 3D software has some form of object or model management, and "scene management" tools or palettes. You can group models or place them in a folder together, then toggle the group or "layer" off and on (hide or show) so you can work on specific models or parts of the scene without other models getting in the way. You can also isolate selected models, which hides everything else. 3DsMax offers several ways to do this, and Blender has similar options.

When working on a track in 3DsMax, I place the terrain, trees, barriers, buildings, road surface, mesh, etc., on their own "layers." As the model develops, additional layers are added to make smaller groups of models. Then I can toggle groups of models on and off as needed when I'm working on a specific group of models, like a set of buildings. 3DsMax also offers even more robust scene management (a different palette), so you can nest groups within groups. If using 3DsMax or Blender, you should be able to find some video tutorials to help you use these tools or features.

Blender Tutorials

3DsMax Tutorials

Last edited:
So I came across a concept car by Vision Automobile Paris called the "1789".According to the website, it is a road-legal 2 seater prototype hypercar with a hybrid hydrogen powertrain system.

They have made an Assetto Corsa mod and have it available on their website which I will recommend everyone to check out.
https://visionautomobiles.com/
Scroll down to see a download link or you can just click here .

I am attaching some pictures from the website as well as a quick screenshot I took on the brilliant SUGO track that was released on RD.

View attachment 1061910
View attachment 1061911
View attachment 1061912

IN GAME-
View attachment 1061913
Oh, my goodness this is one for my collection. Thanks.

I have used NinjaRipper to get the mesh of the Glickenhaus SCG 007 from CSR2. Currently working at converting the various bits of the mesh over to Blender. I have no idea what to do after that so may well pass it on to someone else if there are interested.View attachment 1061881
Bear in mind just about every CSR2 model has already been converted and properly positioned by people on GameModels. Also it's better to use AssetStudio rather than any ripper program to extract the actual files with proper names.

A quick word of warning to anyone thinking of supporting the Toprace modding group, their staff/admins are incredibly sensitive.

I was in their Discord server reading through some of the channels and in one channel, a few guys were arguing with an incredibly low level of maturity, I just simply left a message asking them to take the argument to DMs and within a few seconds after sending the message, I was removed from their server. No Warning. Nothing.

I think this is a very poor act from any modding group or community. Keep this in mind when thinking of speaking to any of their members or supporting any of their mods.

A quick word of warning to anyone thinking of supporting the Toprace modding group, their staff/admins are incredibly sensitive.

I was in their Discord server reading through some of the channels and in one channel, a few guys were arguing with an incredibly low level of maturity, I just simply left a message asking them to take the argument to DMs and within a few seconds after sending the message, I was removed from their server. No Warning. Nothing.

I think this is a very poor act from any modding group or community. Keep this in mind when thinking of speaking to any of their members or supporting any of their mods.
Why dont you just leave it to the Admins then ?

I got flamed there because they found out my account on a certain russian website and were partially blaming me for having to take all the downloads down. I managed to save a backup of all their cars tho

Why dont you just leave it to the Admins then ?
For my ban to have been so quick (Literally within 4-5 seconds of sending my message), this tells me that one of the people arguing was one of the admins, or at least one of the people with banning power, which makes the whole thing even more concerning if their admins behave such ways verbally, following up with a completely unnecessary ban in retaliation to a simple calm request, with no warning.

It's no big deal to me really, I didn't have any strong connection to the server, I just think people who are thinking of getting involved with Toprace in any form should be aware of this.

Circuit Paul Ricard - Le Castellet 2021
FINAL UPDATE - 23/06/2021
This update is mostly not compatible with the preview skin of Blackcelica due to the lot of change.
Delete older version and install this one.
- News brake markers, new sponsors ( zoom, aramco, visit portugal, workdays pitlane, f1tv ), grandstands added and minor fixes and optimizations here and here.
View attachment 1061885View attachment 1061886View attachment 1061887View attachment 1061888View attachment 1061889View attachment 1061890View attachment 1061891View attachment 1061892
The dark 'freshly-paved' look makes it difficult to pick out the racing line from all the psychedelic graphics. I would have preferred a lighter asphalt with a permanently-visible 'groove' in the corners...but that's probably just these tired old eyes.

Last edited:
Bear in mind just about every CSR2 model has already been converted and properly positioned by people on GameModels. Also it's better to use AssetStudio rather than any ripper program to extract the actual files with proper names.
The Glickenhaus LM Hypercar has only recently released as part of a content update.
Will look ad doing things with AssetStudio 👍

Most 3D software has some form of object or model management, and "scene management" tools or palettes. You can group models or place them in a folder together, then toggle the group or "layer" off and on (hide or show) so you can work on specific models or parts of the scene without other models getting in the way. You can also isolate selected models, which hides everything else. 3DsMax offers several ways to do this, and Blender has similar options.

When working on a track in 3DsMax, I place the terrain, trees, barriers, buildings, road surface, mesh, etc., on their own "layers." As the model develops, additional layers are added to make smaller groups of models. Then I can toggle groups of models on and off as needed when I'm working on a specific group of models, like a set of buildings. 3DsMax also offers even more robust scene management (a different palette), so you can nest groups within groups. If using 3DsMax or Blender, you should be able to find some video tutorials to help you use these tools or features.

Blender Tutorials

3DsMax Tutorials
Yes, at first I had thought of grouping elements, but in reality I am thinking of the next version that I am going to do using rtb and google data, that is, this Alcañiz will be a template for me, for the next one with the correct elevations of the land and very importantly its narrowness, the rfactor conversion is very poorly compensated, the streets are too wide, if I push the buildings forward to have a more narrow feeling, the sidewalks look huge, there are things that have to be built from scratch .

What if it is going to be useful to me are the buildings that I am choosing and more or less their positioning, I am not grouping because I need all those elements to move independently in the next version.

By the way, thanks for the tutorials, anything like that is helpful :)

Hi. Just found this fast F2004 on FB (original link from post)
I think it would be more correct to give a link to the author of this mod, and not to add a paid link!

The credits to: ales100i and
Peter Marek and PM3D team
  • MSC team
  • FRM team
  • Energy Games
  • Who ever created cars for GTR2 (There were a few different people)
Here's the STW logo, if you're into the whole brevity thing....

Attachments

• STW logo.jpg
    STW logo.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Attachments

• ext_config.ini.txt
    784 bytes · Views: 27
PAUL RICARD 2021 @marc_13000 @Blackcelica
superb achievement thank you for your work !
but knowing this track well to go to see races, I noticed that the new stands are missing, is it possible to add them ?
otherwise I have a friend who added them for my personal use and I find it to be more realistic, that's just my opinion ....

plan.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture.JPG

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back